Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,930 members, 7,952,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:42 PM

Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? (18291 Views)

Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? / Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists / Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Omokowa(m): 12:14am On Jul 30, 2020
[b][/b]
Gilbertkwabena:

Obedient to God? What does that mean? If you mean to obey those thing you call ten commandment, let me help you... Those laws are palgarism law... It existed thousands of years before Torah was even written. If you mean confessing Jesus as god, its also useless bcuz whether u confess or not, it doesn't make you a good or bad person (infact the most fearful people on earth are the so called religious people).

You also do me a favor, answer this my question. If your God is supreme as you claim... It would mean you're worshipping g a supreme God and then you'll have better advantage than any other person who doesn't. So tell me one advantage of a Christians over non Christians or believers. Advantage not promises. Thanks
God is a God of all and creator of all, both believers and non believers. Remember he came for the sick and that's is why he is calling on those who are lost to come unto him.. He will carry your burdens for you. Like I said before, the advantage you will have as a true child of God[b]
Gilbertkwabena:

Obedient to God? What does that mean? If you mean to obey those thing you call ten commandment, let me help you... Those laws are palgarism law... It existed thousands of years before Torah was even written. If you mean confessing Jesus as god, its also useless bcuz whether u confess or not, it doesn't make you a good or bad person (infact the most fearful people on earth are the so called religious people).

You also do me a favor, answer this my question. If your God is supreme as you claim... It would mean you're worshipping g a supreme God and then you'll have better advantage than any other person who doesn't. So tell me one advantage of a Christians over non Christians or believers. Advantage not promises. Thanks
God is a God of all and creator of all, both believers and non believers. Remember he came for the sick and that's is why he is calling on those who are lost to come unto him.. He will carry your burdens for you. Like I said before, the advantage you will have as a true child of God[/b]
Gilbertkwabena:

God is a God of all and creator of all, both believers and non believers. Remember he came for the sick and that's is why he is calling on those who are lost to come unto him.. He will carry your burdens for you. Like I said before, the advantage you will have as a true child of God is evalasting joy, happiness... You don't need to drag with the world for things of this world because "vanity upon vanity"... Now, not all that call themselves Christians are saved, but aknowledge your sin and repent from them. You don't have to be a Christian by name to be saved as been a Christian is used commonly to describe a particular religion.

The ten commandment gives birth to sin... "all who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written:cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the law" (galatians 3:10). Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because the righteous will live by faith.

The entire law is summed up in a single command:"love your neighbor as yourself"
Please, all you just need is to live by the spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. Galatians 5:18 says "But if you are led by the spirit, you are not under the law"

You now see that the coming of Jesus christ is to help us accomplish what has been said about the law knowing fully well we can't follow the law and therefore not been justified by it.
I pray for you that you receive an encounter of the holy spirit that apostle paul encountered in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Gilbertkwabena(m): 5:46am On Aug 01, 2020
Omokowa:
[/b]
God is a God of all and creator of all, both believers and non believers. Remember he came for the sick and that's is why he is calling on those who are lost to come unto him.. He will carry your burdens for you. Like I said before, the advantage you will have as a true child of God[b]
God is a God of all and creator of all, both believers and non believers. Remember he came for the sick and that's is why he is calling on those who are lost to come unto him.. He will carry your burdens for you. Like I said before, the advantage you will have as a true child of God

God is a God of all and creator of all, both believers and non believers. Remember he came for the sick and that's is why he is calling on those who are lost to come unto him.. He will carry your burdens for you. Like I said before, the advantage you will have as a true child of God is evalasting joy, happiness... You don't need to drag with the world for things of this world because "vanity upon vanity"... Now, not all that call themselves Christians are saved, but aknowledge your sin and repent from them. You don't have to be a Christian by name to be saved as been a Christian is used commonly to describe a particular religion.

The ten commandment gives birth to sin... "all who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written:cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the law" (galatians 3:10). Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because the righteous will live by faith.

The entire law is summed up in a single command:"love your neighbor as yourself"
Please, all you just need is to live by the spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. Galatians 5:18 says "But if you are led by the spirit, you are not under the law"

You now see that the coming of Jesus christ is to help us accomplish what has been said about the law knowing fully well we can't follow the law and therefore not been justified by it.
I pray for you that you receive an encounter of the holy spirit that apostle paul encountered in Jesus name. Amen

Have you heard of this saying by Yoruba's? "Eleri mi be no orun, iro lon je be" meaning "claiming ur witness is in heaven(dead) means ur story is a lie".

Exactly what ure doing here... u see all d rubbish u wrote, d only backup u used is wat is written in a book from ur slave master, d example u gave is written in d same book written by some crocks nd u call it word of god bcuz they told it is word of god. Lols... u need to rcv sense boss.

If u Want to prove anything, bring in ur facts nd talk on reality not wat sm1 wrote in a book.
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Gilbertkwabena(m): 5:50am On Aug 01, 2020
mhizsuzzy:

We live by faith and not by sight...
You are loved

As written in d book given to u by ur slave masters. If u life by faith nd not sight why do u still keep ur eyes? Go blind nd practise d nonsense ure tot.
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by buzorcharles(m): 6:08pm On Aug 03, 2020
mhizsuzzy:

I pray for them and I pray for their hearts to know Christ sincerely cos that is the what transforms a man
Thank you
You are loved

Then ur prayer never work cos their heart still bad n rotten
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Kobojunkie: 3:58am On Aug 05, 2020
Mayeldah:
Most prayers are answered by God but humans don't understand sometimes the answer has been given.
A man prays to God for money and wealth, God gives him ideas as he is relaxing in his room, some note the ideas but later abandone it, some don't even understand the idea in the first place talkless of running with it.
Do you know that you have invariably deemed God a liar by this belief of yours? undecided
Why would God answer your request and you, the one who asked, not recognize or know it? undecided
Why would God give you ideas when what you asked for is wealth, and you do not know what His response is? undecided
Whoever fills your head with these things does not know anything about God themselves. undecided
Mayeldah:
Most christians want ready made answers, they want to pray for money and the next day a man walks up to him and say God said I shuould give you this N5m. It doesn't work that way. Even if God does that most people will misuse the money because they didn't work for it.
Please stop!
Most of your so-called Christians are not living in Obedience with God so they barely have any faith to show for their claim to believe in God, except for spending hours upon hours of their lives in your church houses bowing to the will of their so-called MOGs and engaging in activities and traditions that God never commanded them to engage in, in His name.
They don't belong to Him so why do they expect Him to respond to anything they require of Him? His mercy He will show on them just as He shows the wicked.. and the righteous as well. But answers to prayers, only those who love obeyObey Him are worthy of such from Him.
Mayeldah:
God answers prayers in different ways, it may not happen the way you want it but if you are careful and watchful you will see that answers has been given
God is not the problem here. Those who want answers from God need to accept Jesus Christ, the New Covenant and obey the commandments that is Jesus Christ. Without Faith -- the sumtotal of obedience to the commandments of Jesus Christ-- it is impossible to please God.
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Kobojunkie: 3:59am On Aug 05, 2020
PotatoSalad:
Pray and back it up with hard work. You can't be in church on monday afternoon binding and casting for miracle of work when you're supposed to be outside looking for work.
When you pray, and then you back it up with your own hard work, can't it then be said that you answered your own prayer? undecided
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Kobojunkie: 4:07am On Aug 05, 2020
Omokowa:
God bless you my brother, those that worship him must worship him in truth and spirit. When we pray, we feel God has not answered us because we are not in the spirit to detect the way he has answered us.
Worshipping God in Truth and in Spirit has nothing to do with being 'in the spirit' to 'detect the way' God answers prayers. Worshipping God in Truth and in Spirit refers to worshipping Him according to(and obedience to) His New Covenant(Jesus Christ who is the TRUTH of God) and the leading of the Spirit of God(The Spirit of Truth).
Omokowa:
You pray asking for fish and God has given you ideas on how to fish and get that which you asked of but yet you feel giving you the fish rather than teaching you how to fish is best for you.
God knows what is best for us and answer you in a different way.. May not be the way you are expecting
Actually, those who worship in truth and spirit do not step ahead of God even if they know how to get what it is they want. No, they wait on God to LEAD them to get what it is they pray for. You cannot say that because you know how to make money, that it is ok for you to go ahead of God in making that money.
No, you wait for Him to lead you into making that money exactly how He wants for you to, and not your way, which could also lead to what you want but is not in obedience of God's lead and command.
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by PotatoSalad(m): 6:01am On Aug 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
When you pray, and then you back it up with your own hard work, can't it then be said that you answered your own prayer? undecided
Elon musk's speech after splashdown of crew Dragon a few days ago, "I'm not religious but I prayed for this one"
We must understand what "prayers" really is for.
In this part of the world, people substitute hardwork for prayers. For example, instead of a lady searching for a husband to go out and socialize and meet new people, she'd rather stay in church and pray all day for husband, then jump from one church to another binding and casting because her pastors and spiritual heads has made her believe that her problem is spiritual.
What does it result to? A woman in her 50s, messed up in both mind and spiritual life and cannot function properly in the society due to paranoia built up over the years.
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Kobojunkie: 6:13am On Aug 05, 2020
PotatoSalad:
Elon musk's speech after splashdown of crew Dragon a few days ago, "I'm not religious but I prayed for this one"
We must understand what "prayers" really is for.
According to the understanding that comes from God, not from man.
PotatoSalad:
In this part of the world, people substitute hardwork for prayers. For example, instead of a lady searching for a husband to go out and socialize and meet new people, she'd rather stay in church and pray all day for husband, then jump from one church to another binding and casting because her pastors and spiritual heads has made her believe that her problem is spiritual.
That is a poor example to use please.
PotatoSalad:
What does it result to? A woman in her 50s, messed up in both mind and spiritual life and cannot function properly in the society due to paranoia built up over the years.
Again, poor example used here.

Have you ever tried considering the issue of prayer from God's perspective? Why is it that God does not answer prayer as He did back, say 2000 years ago? Why did He promise us all that He did, only for it all to pretty much disappear after His disciples had gone to their graves. Something much have happened. Ever wondered what did?
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by PotatoSalad(m): 6:22am On Aug 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
According to the understanding that comes from God, not from man.
That is a poor example to use please.
Again, poor example used here.

Have you ever tried considering the issue of prayer from God's perspective? Why is it that God does not answer prayer as He did back, say 2000 years ago? Why did He promise us all that He did, only for it all to pretty much disappear after His disciples had gone to their graves. Something much have happened. Ever wondered what did?
Please be realistic
If it's by prayers, Nigeria should be centuries ahead in development than every other country but look where we are.
Cos all we do is pray. Instead of us to solve problems, we pray for solutions. How's that's supposed to work?
Even with our millions of churches situated in almost every street corners, there's no change at all.
The average Nigerian would rather pray for food than go out to search for a job
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Kobojunkie: 6:24am On Aug 05, 2020
PotatoSalad:
Please be realistic
I am being realistic. The truth of God is right in front of us... it has been available for about 2000 years. We simply need to open our eyes to see what it is.
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by PotatoSalad(m): 6:27am On Aug 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I am being realistic. The truth of God is right in front of us... it has been available for about 2000 years. We simply need to open our eyes to see what it is.
Modified my post. Please read again
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Kobojunkie: 6:31am On Aug 05, 2020
PotatoSalad:
Please be realistic
If it's by prayers, Nigeria should be centuries ahead in development than every other country but look where we are.
Cos all we do is pray. Instead of us to solve problems, we pray for solutions. How's that's supposed to work?
Even with our millions of churches situated in almost every street corners, there's no change at all.
The average Nigerian would rather pray for food than go out to search for a job
Forget the Nigerian situation for a moment, and lets instead consider prayer on its own. Prayer predates Christianity, and I know of the situation with religious folks and their prayer habits, but let's consider prayer, the concept, as established in the New Covenant agreement brought by Jesus Christ 2000 years ago.
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by PotatoSalad(m): 6:43am On Aug 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Forget the Nigerian situation for a moment, and lets instead consider prayer on its own. Prayer predates Christianity, and I know of the situation with religious folks and their prayer habits, but let's consider prayer, the concept, as established in the New Covenant agreement brought by Jesus Christ 2000 years ago.
You see why I said be realistic.
Have a good day
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Kobojunkie: 6:46am On Aug 05, 2020
PotatoSalad:
You see why I said be realistic. Have a good day
Check my moniker... I have talked about the Nigerian situation since 2007, and came up with nothing, so I would rather not engage further in what I have come to term "meaninglessness" since then. There is nothing realistic in engaging in more of that back and forth.
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Kobojunkie: 5:49pm On Apr 03, 2023
Gilbertkwabena:
If you pray to God and what you pray happens, you give thanks. If what u pray for doesn't happen, u say he knows best why it didn't happen.
The same result can be obtained whether you pray or not. What matters is your determination and faith on what you what. You don't need shouting to some God somewhere for any miracle bcuz it doesn't come. Your strong will is what matters.
1. But God instead said He does not answer any of the prayers of the sinners/unrighteous, while He answers all of the prayers of the righteous. What that means is that if you think God answers your prayers some of the times, the one doing the answering is not in fact God who rather made it clear He either answers all or none of your prayers depending on whether you are in the right standing with Him or not. undecided

2. If the same result can be obtained without prayer, which I believe is a fact since those in the world are able to access the same mercies without calling on God, why does one need to mention God in any of it? undecided
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Kobojunkie: 7:31pm On Apr 04, 2023
Gilbertkwabena:
■ Lols... You know well what I wrote is true. Whether you pray or not, your will(faith) and fate is what determines what will happen.
■ If prayer works, you won't be asked to have faith, you would just be told to pray... If prayer works, all you pray for would have been happening but you know well how many things you've prayed for that never happens.
■ There are billions of people who doesn't pray, yet they get or not get what they desire just like what happens to those of you praying. #commonsense
1. Here's an update after doing some deep dive into what in fact said. It turns out that what we have both been experiencing was not God's answers to prayers but instead God's mercy as it applies even to the wicked and the ungrateful, the unbelievers alike. God said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous(sinners) — He does not even consider their requests for forgiveness because they are sinners and hence unrighteous. However, the righteous God declared that not only does He answer their prayers, but He also answers them all. So, when a person claims God answers some and not of their prayers— much like I did —, it means the person remains unrighteous and the answers are not from God but simply born of God's mercy which is also freely accessed by the unbelievers. undecided

2. Well, the righteous are those who live their lives in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, and have been set free from slavery to sin as a result and become Sons of God - John 8 vs 31 - 36 — that is what it means to live by Faith. So we have it that God answers all — not some — of the prayers of the righteous and that the righteous are those who live their lives by Faith. Clearly, whatever ideas of faith one has, if it does not align with that which is of God, it is meaningless in obtaining answers from God. undecided

3. Billions of people get what they desire? They get what they want or can have, sure, but to claim they get what they desire — that is a stretch, isn't it? undecided
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Kobojunkiee: 10:26pm On Apr 07, 2023
Gilbertkwabena:
■ Obedient to God? What does that mean? If you mean to obey those thing you call ten commandment, let me help you... Those laws are palgarism law... It existed thousands of years before Torah was even written. If you mean confessing Jesus as god, its also useless bcuz whether u confess or not, it doesn't make you a good or bad person (infact the most fearful people on earth are the so called religious people).

1. This is a problem because the vast majority in Christianity also believe like you do that the 10 commandments is God's Law to them. However, this belief is untrue as it was instead only 10 of the 613 commandments and statutes that comprise God's National Constitution for the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan. undecided
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Kobojunkiee: 11:04pm On May 04, 2023
mhizsuzzy:
■ We live by faith and not by sight
God is not dead. He is alive and he is still doing miracle. I am a testimony
You are loved
1. Sure you live by Faith but if all of your faith put together does not resolve to God's righteousness, you remain unrighteous and need continue working on your faith--- continuous submission and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of God --- until God approves of you. undecided
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Kobojunkie: 7:19pm On May 06, 2023
mhizsuzzy:
■ Relationship with God is important over religion. But you need guidance at the early stage. I thought like you but God placed wonderful friends around me to help me. As a child feed with milk, you need assistance till your grow yo a point
Thank you. Noted
You are loved
Jesus Christ never said anyone of His needs guidance from any man in the early stage. He was emphatic in declaring that He alone is Teacher/Master/Shepherd/Authority/Helper/Guide, etc., to all those who belong to Him. So clearly, any man who sets himself up in place of Jesus Christ is a fraud. undecided
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Kobojunkie: 7:30pm On May 07, 2023
Galactico4ever:
I did everything right, still it seems the almighty is not hearkening to my pleas.I won't be discouraged sha..
The ALmighty said He will not answer you as long as you remain unrighteous. That is why Jesus Christ urged you to seek first the Kingdom of God(Holiness) followed by God's Righteousness in order that all these things — the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God (including answers to prayers) can be added to you. No amount of your praying and fasting ritual will change that situation you are in. undecided
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Kobojunkiee: 4:11pm On May 15, 2023
pauloskie38:
God listens to people from all nations. (Psalm 145:18, 19) His Word, the Bible, encourages us to speak to him about any matter that concerns us. (Philippians 4:6, 7) Yet, some prayers displease God. For example, repeating memorized prayers does not please him.​—Read Matthew 6:7.
Also, Jehovah dislikes the prayers of people who willfully disregard his law. (Proverbs 28:9) For example, in Bible times, God refused to listen to Israelites who were guilty of murder. Clearly, we must meet certain requirements to be heard by God.​—Read Isaiah 1:15.
What must we do to be heard by God?
We cannot approach God in prayer without faith. (James 1:5, 6) We must be convinced that he exists and cares about us. We can strengthen our faith by studying the Bible because true faith is based on the evidence and assurances found in God’s Word.​—Read Hebrews 11:1, 6.
We should pray sincerely and humbly. Even God’s Son, Jesus, was humble when he prayed. (Luke 22:41, 42) So, rather than tell God what to do, we should try to understand his requirements by reading the Bible. Then we can pray in harmony with God’s will.​—Read 1 John 5:14.
Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of pleas. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers that only means you really don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who are loved by Him. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness in order that all things— the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers included—shall be added on to them. And as Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the one and only path to righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Kobojunkie: 5:11pm On May 26, 2023
buzorcharles:
Then ur prayer never work cos their heart still bad n rotten

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? / Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other / What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.