Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,613 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People (28352 Views)

Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan / Many Pupils Dead, Over 100 Trapped As School Building Collapses In Lagos / Two-Storey Building Collapses In Zaria, Four People Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by OkhaiAsein(m): 2:07pm On Jul 26, 2020
that's what they can afford nah
Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 26, 2020
If the said house is that picture then story doesn't follow.
We are seeing a house with a box type air-conditioner window unit.
This house is not under construction.
Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by DORS(m): 2:25pm On Jul 26, 2020
sad, so sad. Tell them to employ the service of a civil design engineer, they wont, instead they would heed the advice of giving such work to one guy that said he can do the structural designs for 30k, and when you see the design it really looks like 30k. instead of giving it to the professionalism of a trained site engineer they would prefer to give it to a foreman that in the name of "him Don de do am before"and his boys call him "Oga engineer" that's when you'll be hearing statement on site like "put am like that name so I do am when we de do that project for calabar" and before you know the building comes down and the owner spends more than double what he's to spend for a well serviceable structure. My people employ the service of a professional engineer and let the fear cease, dont give yourself wahala. Both residential and high rise structures
I charge per metre square for structural designs, sealed with the seal for professional engineers.
Send me a mail to get the professional experience
Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by Afolabi517(m): 3:03pm On Jul 26, 2020
I really love your response, as a site engineer, I strongly recommend quality than to cut cost but most people (clients) thinks otherwise. May their soul rest in peace.

Well for a quality building construction services, you can contact our company MR FIXER FACILITY MANAGEMENT COMPANY +2348127478080 +2347046517600 (WhatsApp)

ALSO YOU CAN GET A CERTIFIED SITE ENGINEER TO HANDLE YOUR BUILDING PROJECT AT A AFFORDABLE, NEGOTIABLE PRICE.
IamDavid:
There are too many quacks in the Nigerian building industry, and clients aren't helping matters too. As an architect, I literally force my clients to consult structural engineers in multi level buildings. Clients just want to cut cost, and they cite examples of their friends who have built such without engineers. We need to get used to "standards" in this country, else, we ain't moving no where. May the injured get well soon. Happy Sunday.

Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by blackboy(m): 4:13pm On Jul 26, 2020
I know the building. It's a store in Abuja Dawaki. The owner got workers to build the place under 6 months thereabout so fast. The man started from a small store inside Dawaki village area moved on to Dawaki proper another small store and before you knew it he started the story building . Shapaly it was up.

Panaf drive not too far from News Enineering . The description of behind Dawaki modern market is wrong and the pix not the building.

It's TRUE it collapsed. Rumours had it that 10 persons were trapped.
Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by Chibossboi(m): 4:35pm On Jul 26, 2020
The kind rain were fall for Abuja,
As of now we still dey get more report.
Many missing in suleja,madalla,tunga maje,gwagqalada,giri.etc.
Not to talk of life loss,and property.
Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by OkhaiAsein(m): 7:17pm On Jul 26, 2020
Baba God help this country

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Would Be The Cost Of Building A 4-bedroom Duplex Now In Abuja / Bungalow Design At Affordable Price Call Or Whatsap 08096365063 / Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.