Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People (28357 Views)

Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan / Many Pupils Dead, Over 100 Trapped As School Building Collapses In Lagos / Two-Storey Building Collapses In Zaria, Four People Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by Perfecttouchade: 9:04am On Jul 26, 2020
wetIN dey occur sef
Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by money121(m): 9:05am On Jul 26, 2020
Ok
Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by Shakaranews2020: 9:10am On Jul 26, 2020
RapistOnBail:
Fvcker. She’s dead. Let’s hear word

A rapist on bail doesn't deserve peace.
Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by OkhaiAsein(m): 9:24am On Jul 26, 2020
Naso o
Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by micflo28(m): 9:34am On Jul 26, 2020
That building is obviously old and weak. The plazas in Abuja especially wuse 2 my area which are built under 4-6 months with so much rush are liable to witness this sort of catastrophe in time to come. It's so bad.
Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by OKEMKPI: 9:47am On Jul 26, 2020
This issue of collapse buildings in Nigeria is becoming so common and it usually involve building that are from 2 storey buildings up since we hardly hear a case of a collapse of 1storey buildings,we should start building only a storey building for safety reasons
Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by SpaceAngel: 9:58am On Jul 26, 2020
This picture doesn't match the story.

Same picture was used last year for a building collapse in delta

http://saharareporters.com/2019/07/20/just-four-killed-others-trapped-building-collapses-delta

1 Like

Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by victorazyvictor(m): 10:03am On Jul 26, 2020
flyingpig:
A whole FCT?
This country no just get standard
Anything goes

That's a dilapidated building, not ongoing construction site.

1 Like

Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by blaise26abj(m): 10:03am On Jul 26, 2020
IamDavid:
There are too many quacks in the Nigerian building industry, and clients aren't helping matters too. As an architect, I literally force my clients to consult structural engineers in multi level buildings. Clients just want to cut cost, and they cite examples of their friends who have built such without engineers. We need to get used to "standards" in this country, else, we ain't moving no where. May the injured get well soon. Happy Sunday.

God bless you . Just last week In abuja , a medical doctor told me that he has built 3 structures with “ his experienced mason” and that engineers make Simple things complicated . I told him how would he feel if I compare him with chemists? He quickly changed the subject then went ahead to try to replicate what I did for his neighbour with his “experienced mason”.

This country has laws but there is almost no consequence for being lawless .
Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by blaise26abj(m): 10:06am On Jul 26, 2020
OKEMKPI:
This issue of collapse buildings in Nigeria is becoming so common and it usually involve building that are from 2 storey buildings up since we hardly hear a case of a collapse of 1storey buildings,we should start building only a storey building for safety reasons

Then we will use up our Urban lands faster than you think . The solution is death sentence/life imprisonments for any “engineer” or landowner whose structure collapses and kills people due to greed and negligence
Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 26, 2020
Buhari e done do nah, na everyday bad news go dey plague this country so cry
Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by Odiriance4all(m): 10:12am On Jul 26, 2020
when they continue to use Benin and Togolese bricklayers as engineers on site

1 Like

Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by OkhaiAsein(m): 10:14am On Jul 26, 2020
Odiriance4all:
when they continue to use Benin and Togolese bricklayers as engineers on site
guy u funny o.. how u take know that one abi u follow them work b4
Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by Wigetsolar: 10:15am On Jul 26, 2020
na wa o.
Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by graejo: 10:18am On Jul 26, 2020
OkhaiAsein:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/405113-two-storey-building-collapses-in-abuja-traps-10.html

All this substandard buildings are suppose to be renovated on time cos it's obvious they are not strong anymore but everyone is turning a blind eye until something drastic happens.
Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by Aquarapha1(m): 10:21am On Jul 26, 2020
cool
Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by IamDavid(m): 10:24am On Jul 26, 2020
blaise26abj:

God bless you . Just last week In abuja , a medical doctor told me that he has built 3 structures with “ his experienced mason” and that engineers make Simple things complicated . I told him how would he feel if I compare him with chemists? He quickly changed the subject then went ahead to try to replicate what I did for his neighbour with his “experienced mason”.

This country has laws but there is almost no consequence for being lawless .
I couldn't agree more. The laws we have presently aren't the best but if we can enforce it in its entirety, we'll be shocked at our own progress as a nation.

1 Like

Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by Elsiedaniels(f): 10:26am On Jul 26, 2020
Here
Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by morris477(m): 10:32am On Jul 26, 2020
Choi! See wounding
Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by Odiriance4all(m): 10:56am On Jul 26, 2020
OkhaiAsein:

guy u funny o.. how u take know that one abi u follow them work b4

guy it seems you're not living I Lagos. if you visit Lagos sites ,artisans working there are all Beninese and Togolese, the worst part is that up to the chief engineer levels are unqualified engineers, they are Beninese and Togolese parading themselves as engineers

however our Nigerians clients and builders prefer them because they are cheaper to hire

1 Like

Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by thatigboman: 10:58am On Jul 26, 2020
flyingpig:
A whole FCT?
Anything goes
galadimawa is a satellite town, near Abuja
Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by OkhaiAsein(m): 11:03am On Jul 26, 2020
Odiriance4all:

guy it seems you're not living I Lagos. if you visit Lagos sites ,artisans working there are all Beninese and Togolese, the worst part is that up to the chief engineer levels are unqualified engineers, they are Beninese and Togolese parading themselves as engineers

however our Nigerians clients and builders prefer them because they are cheaper to hire
ahbi the cheaper the better nah
Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by Odiriance4all(m): 11:07am On Jul 26, 2020
OkhaiAsein:
ahbi the cheaper the better nah

the cheaper the Quacker
Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by Chris2863(m): 11:12am On Jul 26, 2020
PureGoldh:
Dz kinda news seff

Poor engineering work and materials.

This is not poor engineering work oga, the building is very old already
Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by flyingpig: 11:21am On Jul 26, 2020
thatigboman:
galadimawa is a satellite town, near Abuja
still doesn't mean. This such of thing shouldn't be happening anywhere within Nigeria las las.

1 Like

Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 26, 2020
vickydevoka:
The story doesn't manifest in de picture shown. That's an old pics

I got confused too on seeing the pictures of the said collapsed "building under construction." Besides, the area doesn't depict the same Dawaki that I know, in any ramification.
Anyway, wishing the injured a quick recovery.

1 Like

Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by Neddyogu(m): 11:55am On Jul 26, 2020
The pic does not depict a building under construction but an old dilapidated building.
Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by Cashsteady(m): 12:13pm On Jul 26, 2020
flyingpig:
A whole FCT?
Anything goes

Which one is a whole fct, e no dey happen for New York or London? just last month flood full London don't Know why Nigerians are like this
Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by Originalsly: 12:16pm On Jul 26, 2020
IamDavid:

There are too many quacks in the Nigerian building industry, and clients aren't helping matters too. As an architect, I literally force my clients to consult structural engineers in multi level buildings. Clients just want to cut cost, and they cite examples of their friends who have built such without engineers. We need to get used to "standards" in this country, else, we ain't moving no where. May the injured get well soon. Happy Sunday.

I do agree that owners and builders cut corners but the root of this problem lies with the city/town that should be enforcing standards are met and construction follow the plan. If someone comes in office and decides to inspect all buildings for compliance then a whole lot will have to be demolished. Then what will we the ones at risk be shouting?? Damn if you do damn if you don't.
Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by OkhaiAsein(m): 12:39pm On Jul 26, 2020
Originalsly:

I do agree that owners and builders cut corners but the root of this problem lies with the city/town that should be enforcing standards are met and construction follow the plan. If someone comes in office and decides to inspect all buildings for compliance then a whole lot will have to be demolished. Then what will we the ones at risk be shouting?? Damn if you do damn if you don't.
.true
Re: Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People by NoToPile: 1:47pm On Jul 26, 2020
Odiriance4all:

Loool, But you will admit that the Togolese and beninoise artisans do a better bricklaying/tiling jobs than a lot of our Nigerian counterparts. I always wondered why our own artisans are very poor at finishing, to set block wahala tiles nko bad finishing.

If I am building a property I would recommend the engineer on my site to hire the Togo and Benin boys as bricklayers rather than a lot of our people. They are good at their handwork, its not their fault that some of our artisans do their jobs anyhow.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. / Omonile Wants To Demolish My House / N500K Electricity Bill Debt On Newly Purchased House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.