Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,883 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Why I Prefer To Pay Tithe In UK Instead Of Nigerian Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Prefer To Pay Tithe In UK Instead Of Nigerian Churches (547 Views)

Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? / Bishop Oyedepo: I Cart My Tithe In Trailer Loads To God / Daddy Freeze lays Curses On Pastors Who Will Collect Tithe In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Prefer To Pay Tithe In UK Instead Of Nigerian Churches by iykbethany(m): 12:51pm On Jul 26, 2020
I'm happy to pay tithe in the UK but I stopped paying tithe in Nigeria almost 8 years ago, this is why.

1. My church in the UK doesn't force people to pay tithe, our pastor will tell you to pay if you can so as to support the church in it's missionary works in poor countries. But in Nigeria our pastors will use tricks and threats to make people do it against their will.

Recently one of the most popular pastors in Nigeria said if you dont pay tithe you are under a financial curse. Well that's a LIE bc none of the richest people in the world pays tithe.

Amazon founder has made over 40 billion dollars within just few months and he doesnt pay tithe, Bill Gates, Otedola, Ned Nwoko, Dangote etc didn't pay tithes to become successful.

Facebook founder didn't pay tithe to get wisdom to invent Facebook.

Japan, the most technologically advanced country in the world is not a Christian country, they dont pay tithe neither do they organize crusades and endless night vigils yet they live longer than us, yet they get sense pass us, yet they are richer than us.

I'm typing this with a Samsung phone, the CEO of Samsung is a Korean, he is not a Christian and he didn't pay tithe to develop Samsung.

So its wrong for Nigerian pastors to make it look like you will become rich, healthy or successful just by paying tithes. That trick can only work on ignorant and gullible people.

Show me one man or woman that became rich by paying tithes and I will show you dozens of people that became successful through hard work and determination.

Paying tithes will not stop good or bad things from happening to anyone. People die everyday, both young and old, male and female, good and bad people, rich and poor, Christians and Muslims etc.

Last year another popular "god of man" said if you dont pay tithe the gates of haven will not be opened to you as if he is now gods gateman.

Most Igbo Billionaires are Catholics and they dont pay tithe yet they are very successful. Most of the richest people in Yorubaland are Muslims yet they are successful.

2. In my church in the UK church money doesnt belong to our pastor or founder and there is transparency and accountability. Our pastor doesn't buy properties with church money, infact he doesnt even touch church money. Every week we give our pastors pocket money to fuel their car unlike in Nigeria where church is the founders business empire which he runs however he likes.

3. My pastor in Nigeria is a billionaire, he lives in a mansion in GRA and drives some of the most expensive cars in Nigeria such as Rolls Royce Phantom, Range Rovers, Mercedes etc so he obviously doesnt need my money, he should be the one to give me money to upgrade my companies sef.

Now this is the catch. I have no problem paying tithes, but I want to be sure that there's transparency and accountability and that the money is being used for the purpose in which it was intended.

I do not attend OPM but I like what Pastor Chibuzor is doing in Port Harcourt. He is building standard schools everywhere 100% free of cost. Free tuition, free books, free food, free uniforms, free everything and the school is open to everyone, Christian or Muslim. You dont have to be a church member.

I don't attend Synagogue in Lagos but I like what Prophet TB Joshua is doing. They have charity works in more than countries around the world.

I watch some of their programs and I voluntarily became Emmanuel TV Partner, I support Emmanuel TV with monthly financial contributions to assist in their charity work around the world.

OPM and TB Joshua are some of The few pastors I respect in Nigeria bc of their selfless service. I'm gonna be a pastor one day and I'm gonna be like these two guys or even better. I'm not gonna use church money to live flamboyant life while most of my members wallow in abject poverty. Church money will be used to build free schools and industries to employ our graduates.

I'm not gonna be a prosperity preacher so I know I won't have lots of followers but I dont mind. I will concentrate on winning souls for God. God is not a poor man, He doesn't need your money to bless you or do anything for you.

I will end this by saying that "untill Nigeria has more industries than prayer houses, until people stay awake on research than night vigils, Nigeria will remain poor".

2 Likes

Re: Why I Prefer To Pay Tithe In UK Instead Of Nigerian Churches by myles16(m): 1:07pm On Jul 26, 2020
The best thread I've ever read on Nairaland..

Kudos OP

He didn't bash my religion, just made reference and pass

Maturity

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer To Pay Tithe In UK Instead Of Nigerian Churches by ZiriMane(m): 2:07pm On Jul 26, 2020
OP, thank God you pay your tithe. The truth is that many today see the Church as a revenue to generate funds other than 'fellowshiping' with the trinity.
Nonetheless, do not lead others astray by your own opinions. You don't know if these men you mentioned pay tithe or not (I know you don't, as you think only Christians pay tithe. People practising Judaism pay too) . I've heard of Muslim men who pay tithe so it's safe to say some non-Christians pay tithe too.
OP, some may miss where you mentioned paying your own tithe and outrightly decide not to pay again because you've in a way termed Nigerian Pastors thieves. The Bible is not a lying book! There is a Curse! Be guided. The Bible didn't state if it's financial, but, there is a Curse
Malachi 3:8-10 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings
Ye are cursed with a curse : for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

Pay bountiful Offerings with faith to reap bountifully and one tenth of your income as your tithe. Jesus Loves us all!
Happy Sunday
Re: Why I Prefer To Pay Tithe In UK Instead Of Nigerian Churches by Kobojunkie: 2:14pm On Jul 26, 2020
Iykbethany, even if you relocated to Israel in order to tithe, your tithe and offering will remain in disobedience to God, filthy rags since it is not in obedience to His commands to you.
Re: Why I Prefer To Pay Tithe In UK Instead Of Nigerian Churches by iykbethany(m): 7:01pm On Jul 26, 2020
ZiriMane:
OP, thank God you pay your tithe. The truth is that many today see the Church as a revenue to generate funds other than 'fellowshiping' with the trinity.
Nonetheless, do not lead others astray by your own opinions. You don't know if these men you mentioned pay tithe or not (I know you don't, as you think only Christians pay tithe. People practising Judaism pay too) . I've heard of Muslim men who pay tithe so it's safe to say some non-Christians pay tithe too.
OP, some may miss where you mentioned paying your own tithe and outrightly decide not to pay again because you've in a way termed Nigerian Pastors thieves. The Bible is not a lying book! There is a Curse! Be guided. The Bible didn't state if it's financial, but, there is a Curse
Malachi 3:8-10 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings
Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

Pay bountiful Offerings with faith to reap bountifully and one tenth of your income as your tithe. Jesus Loves us all!
Happy Sunday

I will rather give my tithe to the poor and needy than give it to a jet flying Nigerian pastors that is living flamboyant life like Yahoo boys.

Scan the entire bible God only talked about tithe ince or twice, the rest of the times He emphasized more on helping the poor.

But Nigerian pastors will rather focus on tithing just so they can continue to scam you.

Why can't they focus on saving souls? Why must it be money seed, offerings titing?

God made 10 commandments and never mentioned paying tithes.

I prefer a pastor that will teach me how to live a godly life so as to go to heaven, not one that will put more emphasis on prosperity and tithing.

Pay tithe and receive blessings lol. That's scam Bill Gates doesnt pay any tithes, he doesnt even believe in any God.

Jeff Benzos doesn't pay any tithe, the money he made this year alone can buy the entire Nigeria.

Yahoo pastors can only deceive gullible and ignorant people like you, not me.
Re: Why I Prefer To Pay Tithe In UK Instead Of Nigerian Churches by iykbethany(m): 7:08pm On Jul 26, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Iykbethany, even if you relocated to Israel in order to tithe, your tithe and offering will remain in disobedience to God, filthy rags since it is not in obedience to His commands to you.

God doesn't even need my money, hs is not a poor man. He wants us to live godly life.
Our soul is more important than tithes and offerings.
Go to a developed nation and see how things are done.

Most of you believe that you will become rich by giving your money to a pastor.

Well Nigerians pray more than any other nation, organize vigils and crusades than any other country on earth yet na we dey die young pass, na we poor pass, na we mumu pass. Tell me one thing we have achieved with all the tithes and offerings?
Re: Why I Prefer To Pay Tithe In UK Instead Of Nigerian Churches by Buliwyf: 7:12pm On Jul 26, 2020
ZiriMane:

Happy Sunday

This one is just a cheap liar. Probably one of those pastors hustling for tithes so he can lie through his teeth to keep the illusion of tithes and the threats going.

How many Muslims have you heard of that pay tithe. Also provide proof that the Samsung CEOs pay tithe. You can't just cherry pick and lie because of your greediness. Pastors collecting tithes are rogues. And there is no curse on anyone not paying.

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer To Pay Tithe In UK Instead Of Nigerian Churches by petra1(m): 7:42pm On Jul 26, 2020
@ iykbethany
How the Pastor preach should not be your issue . Tithe is not given to Pastor but to God. You pay your tithe in the place where you worship
Re: Why I Prefer To Pay Tithe In UK Instead Of Nigerian Churches by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Jul 26, 2020
iykbethany:

God doesn't even need my money, hs is not a poor man. He wants us to live godly life.
Our soul is more important than tithes and offerings.
Go to a developed nation and see how things are done.

Most of you believe that you will become rich by giving your money to a pastor.

Well Nigerians pray more than any other nation, organize vigils and crusades than any other country on earth yet na we dey die young pass, na we poor pass, na we mumu pass. Tell me one thing we have achieved with all the tithes and offerings?

In addition,God's law on tithing and offerings are defined as part of the old covenant and not the new Covenant which followers of Jesus Christ are instead to abide by.
Re: Why I Prefer To Pay Tithe In UK Instead Of Nigerian Churches by OtemAtum: 7:59pm On Jul 26, 2020
I will like to add Pastor Godman Akinlabi of Elevation church. He treats people's eyes through operations, using the Ubomi project. He is a good example. However, church tithing is still a scam.
Re: Why I Prefer To Pay Tithe In UK Instead Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 26, 2020
Re: Why I Prefer To Pay Tithe In UK Instead Of Nigerian Churches by Kobojunkie: 8:28pm On Jul 26, 2020
truefood45:
religion is always a religion, whether you are in opm or in tb Joshua, religion cannot never lack in their deception, they always has One or two to give to whoever listen. I think you are one of the people that were deceive by religion. though you claimed to be gaining knowledge about life, but the truth is that you are one of the ignorance wandering in the bush of world religion, moving from one church to another church in search of something that never existed.
right on!
Re: Why I Prefer To Pay Tithe In UK Instead Of Nigerian Churches by Kingsabo: 1:26pm On Jul 27, 2020
Please I'm in need of money

Zenith Bank

God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Are You Tired Of Waiting For The Rapture? / Why Do Nigerians See Traditional Worshippers As Evil? / I have sinned against God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.