Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Christian Man Disobeys Black Lives Matter Command To Kneel During MLB Game - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Man Disobeys Black Lives Matter Command To Kneel During MLB Game (355 Views)

Church Members Asked To Kneel For Coming Late In Benin, Edo State (photo, Video) / Bishop Oyedepo And His Wife Kneel Down As Pastor Adeboye Prays For Them / 'It Is About Microchips' – Chris Oyakhilome On Black Lives Matter Protests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Man Disobeys Black Lives Matter Command To Kneel During MLB Game by LifestyleTonite: 5:11pm On Jul 26, 2020
The outlier was Sam Coonrod, a second-year Giants reliever who said after the game that he is a Christian and "can't kneel before anything besides God." He also said he does not agree with some of what he has heard about the Black Lives Matter movement.

"I'm a Christian, like I said, and I just can't get on board with a couple of things that I have read about Black Lives Matter," Coonrod said. "How they lean toward Marxism and they've said some negative things about the nuclear family. I just can't get on board with that."

"I meant no ill will by it. I don't think I'm better than anyone," Coonrod said after the game. "I'm a Christian. I just believe I can't kneel before anything besides God -- Jesus Christ.

"I chose not to kneel. I feel that if I did kneel, I would be being a hypocrite. I didn't want to be a hypocrite. Like I said, I didn't mean any ill will toward anyone."

Christians wake up, stand for God and don't kneel for the devil.

Be like Shedrach, Meschach and Abednego.

Re: Christian Man Disobeys Black Lives Matter Command To Kneel During MLB Game by Stephen0mozzy: 5:16pm On Jul 26, 2020
Hmm. That's one who doesn't care about joining the bandwagon. In as much as you treat people deservedly irrespective of their race, then the ceremonial take a knee shouldn't be used to judge a person's support for racial equality
Re: Christian Man Disobeys Black Lives Matter Command To Kneel During MLB Game by Righteousness89(m): 5:36pm On Jul 26, 2020
That's a Brave Man!

That's My Man!!!

That's My Type!

Even if the Whole Earth does it, it does not Make it Right!

Do not Follow the Multitude to do Evil..

2 Likes

Re: Christian Man Disobeys Black Lives Matter Command To Kneel During MLB Game by illicit(m): 5:42pm On Jul 26, 2020
Correct guy

Some people just do things because others do it

1 Like

Re: Christian Man Disobeys Black Lives Matter Command To Kneel During MLB Game by jesmond3945: 6:38pm On Jul 26, 2020
You guys forget that kneeling is symbolic showing that you support a cause.
Re: Christian Man Disobeys Black Lives Matter Command To Kneel During MLB Game by azadus18: 6:38pm On Jul 26, 2020
nice 1...a muslim would definitely do d same...is forbidden to kneel for any1 except ur creator....
Re: Christian Man Disobeys Black Lives Matter Command To Kneel During MLB Game by LifestyleTonite: 7:07pm On Jul 26, 2020
azadus18:
nice 1...a muslim would definitely do d same...is forbidden to kneel for any1 except ur creator....

Muslim keh grin

Muslims that all bow facing an idol in Mecca at the sound of a call. Can't you see the pattern here? A whistle is blown and everyone is required to take a knee.

In the days of Shedrach, Meschach and Abednego, a trumpet was blown and they were required to bow. They refused.

Muslims will now just as they have been bowing at the sound of a call.
Re: Christian Man Disobeys Black Lives Matter Command To Kneel During MLB Game by adadike(f): 7:26pm On Jul 26, 2020
Lalasticlala, please take my boy friend to front page. Let the world notice . Am mightily proud

(1) (Reply)

Faith – Pastor Ifeanyi Adefarasin / Bishops And G.Os Are Same And Not Titles To Be Worshipped --- Rev. M. R. Popoola / Twitter:uber Facts Noted Bishop David Oyedepo As The Richest Pastor In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.