Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

2023: North Loves Igbo, Will Help Ndigbo Become President - Arthur Eze. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: North Loves Igbo, Will Help Ndigbo Become President - Arthur Eze. (307 Views)

Kwankwaso Loves Igbo So Much, Says NNPP / 2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan / 2023: North Loves Igbo, Will Help Ndigbo Become President — Arthur Eze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

2023: North Loves Igbo, Will Help Ndigbo Become President - Arthur Eze. by MetaPhysical: 9:00pm On Jul 26, 2020
In this interview conducted by Nnamdi Ojiego in his country home, Ukpo, in Dunukofia Local Government Area of Anambra State, Eze reveals why he’s taking Governor Willie Obiano to court, his support for President Muhammadu Buhari, among other issues. Excerpts:

Recently, there have been calls from some quarters for an Igbo to be president of Nigeria in 2023. What’s your take on this?

Listen, I don’t have any objections to that because only God can make anybody president including Igbo person. It is possible for an Igbo person to become Nigeria’s president in 2023. However, for us to achieve that, we must work with the North. Again, we shall pray to God to find an Igbo man who has character to help people.

I would prefer someone who has conscience; somebody who will remember the people. I don’t care where he or she comes from. During the time of President Jonathan, we had the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Pius Anyim. What did he do for Igbo people? He brought Julius Berger and they tarred his own road; the one leading to his house. All our roads were bad. It is President Buhari that is tarring our roads now.

Look at Enugu – Onitsha Road, Enugu – Port Harcourt Road, Second Niger Bridge. He went and modernized Zik’s grave. Did Jonathan do that? These South-East governors, does any of them ask whether you eat or not? For example, in Anambra State, Dunukofia Local Government Area makes about N150 million every month. Has Governor Obiano built anything in Dunukofia? Has he brought any industry to Anambra? Tell me. Your children, where are they going to go tomorrow? Go to Yoruba land in Ogun, you will see industries. Go to Rivers and you’ll see industries.

I started politics when I was very young. My father was a member of the Eastern House of Chiefs during the time of Nnamdi Azikiwe and then Premier Okpara. I used to open doors for politicians whenever they come around, and my father never opposed any leader, be he Yoruba or Hausa. It is not in our blood.

We preferred to live in peace with everybody. So, for the Igbo to be President, they must love themselves and work other regions. We must learn from Nnamdi Azikiwe. Zik was a wise man. During his time, he built bridges with the North through the Sardauna of Sokoto and Tafawa Balewa. It is important that we emulate Zik at this point in time in our lives as a people. The seed of discord between the North and Ndigbo should be broken totally so that both regions can enjoy harmonious relationship for the benefit of all.

You said northerners love the Igbo. Why did you say so?

Yes. Why I said so is because, after civil war, when Igbo properties were being seized in Rivers and other areas, northerners didn’t seize anything. In fact, they returned all Igbo properties including money made from them. So, northerners are kind. Again, when I went to the North, they didn’t know who I was but they supported me and helped me to establish (businesses). Abubakar Rimi (second republic Kano governor) gave me $12 million for Kano TV in 1980 when I didn’t have one naira. He called Governor Lar and he gave me that of Plateau for $12 million. It was the same thing in Katsina, Borno and Kaduna. Then, they put me in oil business. They didn’t care where I came from. Tell me any Igbo man who can do that.

Yes. The Anambra State Council of Traditional Rulers held a meeting with me. The purpose of the meeting was to appraise the achievements of President Buhari in the South-East and to reach a resolution for a thank you visit to the President. You see all he’s doing for us? Did you see the Onitsha-Enugu road? It is the best in Africa. What about Onitsha-Enugu road, Enugu – Port Harcourt road, Enugu airport, Second Niger Bridge and many others.

Buhari built and decorated the Zik’s mausoleum. Only a northerner can do that. So basically, we are visiting the President to thank him for the numerous developmental projects both completed and ongoing in the South-East, and to appeal to him to complete ongoing projects. We will also use the visit to beg him to dredge River Niger to allow ships berth at the river to help our people who are largely importers.

It was reported that you are taking your governor, Willie Obiano, to court. Why?

To compel him to pay traditional rulers their outstanding statutory entitlements which were approved by the late General Sani Abacha. The late Head of State allocated five percent for traditional rulers. The North has been implementing their own up till today.

Northern governors are paying their traditional rulers. Western governors are paying theirs but South-East governors, except that of Enugu State, are not paying, why? So I am taking Obiano to court unless he pays the outstanding money owed traditional rulers, start doing something for the people and stop wasting state’s resources on projects that have no economic impact on the people like the airport he’s building.

Obiano is spending $3billion to build airport at Aguleri while the people of Aguleri don’t have good roads. Enugu, where there is an airport, to Anambra is about 20 minutes’ drive, then you have Asaba airport close by.

So, do we really need another airport? Why not use the money to build industries and other critical infrastructure? Provide something for your people, your own children. Very soon we shall die. Your children, where are you going to engage them? Which industry did they build? They didn’t build any, not even one that is producing toilet tissue. That is the problem.

It was alleged that you were having a running battle with Obiano over the siting of the Zone 13 Police Command facility?

I’m not aware of anything like that. On the siting of the police command, it will interest you to know that in Anambra, Dunukofia or Ukpo is in the middle position. From here to Enugu with the new express road is just 20 minutes. From here to Ebonyi is about one hour using the road Buhari built for us. Here is a centralized place, that’s why it is sited here. Governor Obiano wanted it to be in Aguleri, his hometown. I thought that he would be happy we brought it to the centre because, from here to his place is less than seven minutes’ drive and from here to Onitsha is seven minutes. I thought that we were working together until I heard that he went to Abuja to spray money.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/2023-north-loves-igbo-will-help-ndigbo-become-president-arthur-eze/amp/

Re: 2023: North Loves Igbo, Will Help Ndigbo Become President - Arthur Eze. by Loadbalancer(m): 9:01pm On Jul 26, 2020
After Igbo people have blasted him he has retraced his steps. Arthur 1000 cheesy the money man
Re: 2023: North Loves Igbo, Will Help Ndigbo Become President - Arthur Eze. by ERockson: 9:09pm On Jul 26, 2020
Northerners slave shocked

Re: 2023: North Loves Igbo, Will Help Ndigbo Become President - Arthur Eze. by BigSarah(f): 9:12pm On Jul 26, 2020
People have given up on Gmb/PYo administration, everything fixated on 2023...if Gmb drives Nigeria to canal no one cares just 2023

Re: 2023: North Loves Igbo, Will Help Ndigbo Become President - Arthur Eze. by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:12pm On Jul 26, 2020
The northerners are solidly behind Igbo presidency

Re: 2023: North Loves Igbo, Will Help Ndigbo Become President - Arthur Eze. by Asgard13: 9:24pm On Jul 26, 2020
Nigerians Love igbos ... excerpt Yoruba people ... very tribal and hate Nigerians

Yet same Yoruba that hate igbos and Nigerians will tell igbos how igbos are hated in Nigeria

You know Yoruba because of their tribalism... they’re very tribal... they don’t travel outside Yoruba land .. the fear of other tribes exposing them and paying them back and going tribal like them make dem stay in their enclave...

Only that they whole of Nigerian knows Yoruba hate them ..
Who in Nigeria don’t know Yoruba people and tribalism?

Eze no need talk we in the north already know...
In every state igbos comes next after indigenes.. yet we never hear acrimonious noise or quarrel talk more of fighting

Neither igbos fighting other Nigerians in igboland

But Yoruba... they Hausa in ife osun , oyo,Lagos, ondo, ogun...
Same Yoruba keep fighting igbos and claiming igbos have taken and pursue them from their land
Only Yoruba will deport other Nigerians from Nigeria...

THE TRUTH IS NIGERIANS HATE YORUBA NO BE MOUTH OR PROPAGANDA
FROM SOUTH SOUTH TO SOUTHEAST TO THE ENTIRE NORTH...

Tribalism is part of Yoruba living ...

Can anybody define tribalism....

To the Yoruba man

Tinubu is a saint. ... Atiku is a bandit.

. Akpabio a bandit... Fashola saint...

kalu Uzor is a criminal bandit....

Osibanjo ... Rev. father...

IBB .... king of bandits.. .... abiola ... angel Gabriel

E. T.c

Op go and soak your ijebu garri ... na levels..

Yoruba :no Level
Re: 2023: North Loves Igbo, Will Help Ndigbo Become President - Arthur Eze. by Asgard13: 9:27pm On Jul 26, 2020
Igbos Love north... hate Islam..

Which tribe will accommodate Yoruba people like igbos are accommodated in every inch of Nigeria

No tribe ...

Or you tell me op..
Re: 2023: North Loves Igbo, Will Help Ndigbo Become President - Arthur Eze. by SaintBeehot(m): 9:42pm On Jul 26, 2020
Asgard13:
Nigerians Love igbos ... excerpt Yoruba people ... very tribal and hate Nigerians

Yet same Yoruba that hate igbos and Nigerians will tell igbos how igbos are hated in Nigeria

You know Yoruba because of their tribalism... they’re very tribal... they don’t travel outside Yoruba land .. the fear of other tribes exposing them and paying them back and going tribal like them make dem stay in their enclave...

Only that they whole of Nigerian knows Yoruba hate them ..
Who in Nigeria don’t know Yoruba people and tribalism?

Eze no need talk we in the north already know...
In every state igbos comes next after indigenes.. yet we never hear acrimonious noise or quarrel talk more of fighting

Neither igbos fighting other Nigerians in igboland

But Yoruba... they Hausa in ife osun , oyo,Lagos, ondo, ogun...
Same Yoruba keep fighting igbos and claiming igbos have taken and pursue them from their land
Only Yoruba will deport other Nigerians from Nigeria...

THE TRUTH IS NIGERIANS HATE YORUBA NO BE MOUTH OR PROPAGANDA
FROM SOUTH SOUTH TO SOUTHEAST TO THE ENTIRE NORTH...

Tribalism is part of Yoruba living ...

Can anybody define tribalism....

To the Yoruba man

Tinubu is a saint. ... Atiku is a bandit.

. Akpabio a bandit... Fashola saint...

kalu Uzor is a criminal bandit....

Osibanjo ... Rev. father...

IBB .... king of bandits.. .... abiola ... angel Gabriel

E. T.c

Op go and soak your ijebu garri ... na levels..

Yoruba :no Level
This your low IQ bothers me allot o.

Re: 2023: North Loves Igbo, Will Help Ndigbo Become President - Arthur Eze. by Danielomisco(m): 10:08pm On Jul 26, 2020
Northerners love Igbos?man trying to use reverse psychology lol

Re: 2023: North Loves Igbo, Will Help Ndigbo Become President - Arthur Eze. by Taba21: 11:02pm On Jul 26, 2020
MetaPhysical:
In this interview conducted by Nnamdi Ojiego in his country home, Ukpo, in Dunukofia Local Government Area of Anambra State, Eze reveals why he’s taking Governor Willie Obiano to court, his support for President Muhammadu Buhari, among other issues. Excerpts:

Recently, there have been calls from some quarters for an Igbo to be president of Nigeria in 2023. What’s your take on this?

Listen, I don’t have any objections to that because only God can make anybody president including Igbo person. It is possible for an Igbo person to become Nigeria’s president in 2023. However, for us to achieve that, we must work with the North. Again, we shall pray to God to find an Igbo man who has character to help people.

I would prefer someone who has conscience; somebody who will remember the people. I don’t care where he or she comes from. During the time of President Jonathan, we had the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Pius Anyim. What did he do for Igbo people? He brought Julius Berger and they tarred his own road; the one leading to his house. All our roads were bad. It is President Buhari that is tarring our roads now.

Look at Enugu – Onitsha Road, Enugu – Port Harcourt Road, Second Niger Bridge. He went and modernized Zik’s grave. Did Jonathan do that? These South-East governors, does any of them ask whether you eat or not? For example, in Anambra State, Dunukofia Local Government Area makes about N150 million every month. Has Governor Obiano built anything in Dunukofia? Has he brought any industry to Anambra? Tell me. Your children, where are they going to go tomorrow? Go to Yoruba land in Ogun, you will see industries. Go to Rivers and you’ll see industries.

I started politics when I was very young. My father was a member of the Eastern House of Chiefs during the time of Nnamdi Azikiwe and then Premier Okpara. I used to open doors for politicians whenever they come around, and my father never opposed any leader, be he Yoruba or Hausa. It is not in our blood.

We preferred to live in peace with everybody. So, for the Igbo to be President, they must love themselves and work other regions. We must learn from Nnamdi Azikiwe. Zik was a wise man. During his time, he built bridges with the North through the Sardauna of Sokoto and Tafawa Balewa. It is important that we emulate Zik at this point in time in our lives as a people. The seed of discord between the North and Ndigbo should be broken totally so that both regions can enjoy harmonious relationship for the benefit of all.

You said northerners love the Igbo. Why did you say so?

Yes. Why I said so is because, after civil war, when Igbo properties were being seized in Rivers and other areas, northerners didn’t seize anything. In fact, they returned all Igbo properties including money made from them. So, northerners are kind. Again, when I went to the North, they didn’t know who I was but they supported me and helped me to establish (businesses). Abubakar Rimi (second republic Kano governor) gave me $12 million for Kano TV in 1980 when I didn’t have one naira. He called Governor Lar and he gave me that of Plateau for $12 million. It was the same thing in Katsina, Borno and Kaduna. Then, they put me in oil business. They didn’t care where I came from. Tell me any Igbo man who can do that.

Yes. The Anambra State Council of Traditional Rulers held a meeting with me. The purpose of the meeting was to appraise the achievements of President Buhari in the South-East and to reach a resolution for a thank you visit to the President. You see all he’s doing for us? Did you see the Onitsha-Enugu road? It is the best in Africa. What about Onitsha-Enugu road, Enugu – Port Harcourt road, Enugu airport, Second Niger Bridge and many others.

Buhari built and decorated the Zik’s mausoleum. Only a northerner can do that. So basically, we are visiting the President to thank him for the numerous developmental projects both completed and ongoing in the South-East, and to appeal to him to complete ongoing projects. We will also use the visit to beg him to dredge River Niger to allow ships berth at the river to help our people who are largely importers.

It was reported that you are taking your governor, Willie Obiano, to court. Why?

To compel him to pay traditional rulers their outstanding statutory entitlements which were approved by the late General Sani Abacha. The late Head of State allocated five percent for traditional rulers. The North has been implementing their own up till today.

Northern governors are paying their traditional rulers. Western governors are paying theirs but South-East governors, except that of Enugu State, are not paying, why? So I am taking Obiano to court unless he pays the outstanding money owed traditional rulers, start doing something for the people and stop wasting state’s resources on projects that have no economic impact on the people like the airport he’s building.

Obiano is spending $3billion to build airport at Aguleri while the people of Aguleri don’t have good roads. Enugu, where there is an airport, to Anambra is about 20 minutes’ drive, then you have Asaba airport close by.

So, do we really need another airport? Why not use the money to build industries and other critical infrastructure? Provide something for your people, your own children. Very soon we shall die. Your children, where are you going to engage them? Which industry did they build? They didn’t build any, not even one that is producing toilet tissue. That is the problem.

It was alleged that you were having a running battle with Obiano over the siting of the Zone 13 Police Command facility?

I’m not aware of anything like that. On the siting of the police command, it will interest you to know that in Anambra, Dunukofia or Ukpo is in the middle position. From here to Enugu with the new express road is just 20 minutes. From here to Ebonyi is about one hour using the road Buhari built for us. Here is a centralized place, that’s why it is sited here. Governor Obiano wanted it to be in Aguleri, his hometown. I thought that he would be happy we brought it to the centre because, from here to his place is less than seven minutes’ drive and from here to Onitsha is seven minutes. I thought that we were working together until I heard that he went to Abuja to spray money.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/2023-north-loves-igbo-will-help-ndigbo-become-president-arthur-eze/amp/

No be me talk am Oooo

Re: 2023: North Loves Igbo, Will Help Ndigbo Become President - Arthur Eze. by stonemasonn: 11:08pm On Jul 26, 2020
Asgard13:
Igbos Love north... hate Islam..

Which tribe will accommodate Yoruba people like igbos are accommodated in every inch of Nigeria

No tribe ...

Or you tell me op..
lol, gone are the days we use to cry when Hausas start attacking and looting Igbo shops at Kaduna and Kano. You're are on your own now, you love your oppressors and hate your neighbors.

Re: 2023: North Loves Igbo, Will Help Ndigbo Become President - Arthur Eze. by johnykgoal: 11:11pm On Jul 26, 2020
Re: 2023: North Loves Igbo, Will Help Ndigbo Become President - Arthur Eze. by Mynd44: 12:02am On Jul 27, 2020

(1)

Reps Uncover Clauses In Loan Agreement Conceding Nigeria’s Sovereignty To China / Edo2020: Esan Stakeholders Launches Otiti-esan Kwolegbe For Poi. / Nigeria, Iraq, Lebanon, Listed Among Failed States By Wikipedia