Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan (47915 Views)

2023: North Must Give Power To South – Shettima / 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths / Breaking: Imo PDP Looks Towards Victory With 11 Lgas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan by dre11(m): 8:43am On Sep 26, 2020
The hitherto whispered plots about Dr. Goodluck Jonathan contesting the 2023 presidential election are being revived by political strategists from Northern Nigeria who see him as a unifying force to keep the country one.

The northern political operatives see President Jonathan as a unifying force around whom a government of national unity could be built after eight years of Mohammadu Buhari presidency.

The canvassing for Jonathan, it was gathered, is being driven by a Northern governor from the Northeast who served in the Jonathan cabinet and has a deep personal relationship with the Jonathan family.

Though President Jonathan had earlier this year denied any pressure on him to contest and was focused on his foundation, very reliable sources say that the momentum for him was building up irrespective of him at the moment.

Saturday Vanguard gathered that the plot was now being actively being sold among the Northern establishments desperate to find a comfortable ally after Buhari’s eight years.

The attraction to the Northern oligarchy one source privy to the plot told Saturday Vanguard was in soothing ethnic tension through transfer of power to a man who few would contend with in the South.

“My brother, you know there is no way the North will support the agitation of the Southeast for the presidency, but we all know that if Jonathan comes out that the Southeast will not oppose him,” a source who is not directly involved but privy to the plot disclosed.

It was gathered that the proponents of the move believe that with Jonathan as president that Northern interests will not be harmed as they recall his pro North policies including appointments and the establishment of Almajari schools in several Northern states.

However, the clincher for the Northern establishment in seeing a return of Jonathan in the villa, is the add-on that a second Jonathan presidency would automatically put the North in contention to win power again in 2027.

The source who spoke on the condition of anonymity said that the mobilization for Jonathan was presently not a political partisan affair as it was not limited to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, the party under which the former Bayelsa State deputy governor rode on to become vice-president and later Acting President and substantive president of the country.

The northern operatives, it was gathered, were also targeting some reliable Jonathan sympathisers in the South for the project, the major ally being Governor Nyesom Wike.

Wike is close to a Northern governor with eye on the presidency who it is being mentioned could serve as a possible running mate in a possible contest.

Last January, when mention was made of the former president contesting the 2023 presidency his media aide, Ikechukwu Eze had dismissed it saying:

“There was nothing like that. The former President has not made any comments nor spoken to anyone on the coming elections.

“He is busy concentrating on his foundation, The Goodluck Jonathan Foundation (GJF), and its work of promoting peace, sustainable democracy and youth empowerment in Africa.

“If you check online, you will discover that a story with similar headline had been published in the past by few shady online sources.

“The last time this same story circulated online was before the 2019 Presidential elections. It has now come up again.”Mr. Eze could not be reached yesterday as his phone was switched off.

VANGUARD

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan by Slawormir: 8:45am On Sep 26, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Now it is becoming more obvious to them that Jonathan was a real niggarrr

you don't know what you've got until it's gone.
Infact i don't even trust these Moda fuckkkers..... probably their mission is to return back in 2027
Anyway...what do i know....am just a weed smoker, pussy banger and a drunkard.....let me go light up my second tie of weed for the morning

297 Likes 23 Shares

Re: 2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan by Hndrrxxx(m): 8:45am On Sep 26, 2020
That slowpoke again embarassed

No way

68 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan by Arrewa: 8:45am On Sep 26, 2020
Whoever wrote this Article need psychological Attention!

As bad as Buhari... As clueless as Buhari!

He is 1000 times better than Jonathan.

Deep down we all know that.

Some people hate buhari right from time because of religious and ethnic Reasons.

No one should believe this Article! The columnist that wrote this is probably high on Weed!

When Jonathan was rulling this country...

There was no state in the north that had not been bombed!

Here in kano bombing here and there...

Kaduna bombing here and there!

Same thing in Gombe, yobe, bauchi, Jigawa, Adamawa and other northern states.

During his regime no safe zone in the north.

Now Bokoharam has been religated to Borno villages!

Yes we have bandits in kastina and zamfara villages which buhari has failed to crush!

But belive me buhari is 1000 times better than Jonathan

As for 2023 we don't know yet! And it's probably not north!

We will never forget...

105 Likes 22 Shares

Re: 2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan by Calabar1stSon: 8:45am On Sep 26, 2020
The hypocrisy of the North!

134 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan by AFvckingAlpha(m): 8:45am On Sep 26, 2020
The fvck
Niggarr!!

If you think Jonathan will be our next president you must be a joker!

PDP ain't gonna drop Jonathan.

Atiku or Tambuwal is getting that shit.

Tinubu will get APC's ticket.

But will power shift to the South, when the PDP drops a Northerner, it would make the whole narrative change whether you agree or not.

And there's the S/E clamouring for a sit at ASO ROCK, and I think they right for the agitations.

Let the power play continue, na who manoeuvre him way pass the meanders go clinch the ultimate price.

Let's keep our fingers crossed and watch how things pan out, but my people like I always say level up.

Me I'm levelling up in my lil ways.

See my signature if your a punter.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan by Hndrrxxx(m): 8:45am On Sep 26, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
FTC congrats grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan by yusufobinna1(m): 8:45am On Sep 26, 2020
We are waiting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan by nazicartel(m): 8:46am On Sep 26, 2020
Northerners have come again with mind game.... Oga Jona shouldn't fall for this trick,, is he the only southern politician?... They should look for another Southerner and openly support so that we will all know they don't want to hold on to power...

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan by Naija4love(m): 8:46am On Sep 26, 2020
Make I wait for people to talk
Re: 2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan by olu122: 8:46am On Sep 26, 2020
grin sia jonathan 2023

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan by Mokason28: 8:46am On Sep 26, 2020
I regret ever campaigning against Jonathan ... I pray for forgiveness from God almighty
Jonathan meant well for me and my kids not this useless Fulani that is approving Billions of Naira for railroads to Niger Republic after wasting Billions of Naira for oil exploration in the North

Jonathan is still the Best candidate for Nigeria I pray he accepts to come back as president

Yoruba Muslims Will never like this news ... Tufikwa

158 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan by kayrichy: 8:46am On Sep 26, 2020
Hmmm.....Nigeria remains a home for recycling leaders.we need to move on ..we have people that are better than Jonathan in this country..

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan by DisLifeSha: 8:46am On Sep 26, 2020
Nigeria is heading for disintegration

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan by Kizyte(m): 8:46am On Sep 26, 2020
#BringBackJonathan

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan by deeway200(m): 8:46am On Sep 26, 2020
great
Re: 2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan by colorsofrainbow: 8:46am On Sep 26, 2020
Every region will gladly welcome our amiable president back except some pained zombies who have this as their Lord & master

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan by Felixalex(m): 8:46am On Sep 26, 2020
Hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: 2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan by captainamiedi1: 8:46am On Sep 26, 2020
Noooooooo not again

4 Likes

Re: 2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan by seguno2: 8:46am On Sep 26, 2020
Dead before arrival, DBA.
Jonathan will be foolish to even consider that.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan by smartval(m): 8:46am On Sep 26, 2020
The same north that plotted the removal of Jonathan from office.

Bunch of hypocrites

22 Likes

Re: 2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan by Sheuns(m): 8:47am On Sep 26, 2020
Everyone go prefer Jonathan to Buhari at these times. Buhari na big time disappointment to many that thought he was a savior.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan by Omofloflo: 8:47am On Sep 26, 2020
Jonathan bawo? Jonathan is too soft for this country. I prefer zulum Governor of Bornu state. let's forget zoning

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan by AuwalYusuf812(m): 8:47am On Sep 26, 2020
Hmmm
Re: 2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan by deeway200(m): 8:47am On Sep 26, 2020
though, Jonathan is a unifying force but he won't contest

12 Likes

Re: 2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan by Caseless: 8:47am On Sep 26, 2020
Jonathan is gone forever. Stop thinking about that clueless man. He's a good man as an individual, but not as a leader.

Perish that idea!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan by Ogegeodey(m): 8:47am On Sep 26, 2020
I personally believe that if given the opportunity again he will correct some of his mistakes, but I think it's a backward step to present Jonathan for election. He should play the elder state man role and enjoy his current goodwill in peace.

20 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Babachir Lawal: I Earned N930,000 Monthly As SGF, Now I Earn N500 Million / 5 Popular Nigerians Who Died At The Verge Of Victory (Photos) / See How Tinubu Square Was Remodeled Over The Years (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.