Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,993 members, 7,835,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes (21559 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Flags-Off Construction Of Maryland-Ojota Link Bridge / Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? / Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by gift01: 7:45am On Jul 27, 2020
Axes
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by sulaak(m): 7:46am On Jul 27, 2020
Sanwo-Olu is a failure like his predecessor before him.

I will suggest that all federal assets in Lagos state to be sold to Lagos Government and Foriegn investors to release funds that can be reinvested in critical projects such as railway, agriculture and power.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 27, 2020
Ok
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 27, 2020
Lagosians in the house is this true or false
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by BelovedofLord: 7:53am On Jul 27, 2020
INNOVATIVELY, interesting indeed!

We've suggested this move far way back!

Remove unnecessary items either senseless out-of-place roundabouts or other items, and simply replace with, traffic lights!
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by BennyDGreat: 8:00am On Jul 27, 2020
majamajic:
grin grin

See that yellow basket line for Allen , Na LASTMA trap be that !

Lol
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by davidtemi(m): 8:01am On Jul 27, 2020
And he's proud to say it.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by Arafatola: 8:01am On Jul 27, 2020
I'm a private school teacher. I lost my job due to the covid-19 pandemic, I've been living on my savings ever since coupled with some money I had borrowed from friends. I've been scouting for job to at least get something to cater for daily feedings and start settling my debts but it seems there's no way out of this.

Right now, I've no single kobo on me, the last time I eat anything was on Friday. It's tiring and I'm so depressed already.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by SmartPolician: 8:01am On Jul 27, 2020
Traffic cannot improve in Lagos because people keep trooping into the state every day.

Everyone wants to come and hustle in Lagos because other states don't have opportunities.

Restructure Nigeria and empower other parts of the country so that people can return to their regions

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by kingvick09(m): 8:04am On Jul 27, 2020
rodeo0070:

https://brandspurng.com/2020/07/26/traffic-ll-now-improve-around-allen-avenue-maryland-ikotun-axes-sanwo-olu/
IF THOSE ROADS WERE MAINLY RENOVATED JUST TO SUBDUE TRAFFIC THEN SANWO OLU IS MAAAAAADDD AND CRAZY BECAUSE NA DANFO DEY CAUSE HOLD UP FOR THAT IKOTUN ,EVEN AFTER THE REPAIR HOLD UP NEVER STOP.a
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by kingvick09(m): 8:07am On Jul 27, 2020
ishowdotgmail:
Nice one to the working governor. Ikotun traffic reduced a little bit with the infrastructural work done on the road

weytin this one dey talk,,,,i guess na only sunday you dey pass ikotun abi.
the hold up don dey worse for ikotun
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by spinna: 8:08am On Jul 27, 2020
thumbs up
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by AmazingELixir: 8:14am On Jul 27, 2020
lipsrsealed

Instead of this elaborate heist and random splatter of painting why didn't they just construct a flyover there and get it over with.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by segebase(m): 8:26am On Jul 27, 2020
r
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by richard870(m): 8:33am On Jul 27, 2020
majamajic:
grin grin

Very correct! cheesy
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by seyi072000(m): 8:54am On Jul 27, 2020
Allen avenue round about needs a flyer over to ease traffic for people coming from Awolowo way and others. That's the permanent solution to the traffic problem there.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by RuddyFusion(m): 8:54am On Jul 27, 2020
NOC1:

Which state are you from so that I can tell you how long you have been sitting with long thing without shaking to remove it.

The issue of traffic in Lagos can only be solved by federal government.

First FG will agree to decongest Lagos and make it a little bit less attractive for migrants to flood the state. The influx of people in search of survival and opportunities to Lagos on daily basis is the major reason for the over population of the state.
This increase in population has led to the increase in house rent (to many people pursuing few apartments), in other the meet up with the demand green areas and reserved areas have been used up.
The master plan of the state have been messed up with, water flow ways have been reclaimed high-rise and low cost buildings sitting on them.

This over population bring About unmanaged pollutions. Increase in solid waste and liquid waste.

Traffic situation will continue to get bad in Lagos until other states with ports are industrialized via the revival of the seaports.

Lolz....can you imagine a suppose idea to reduce traffic in Lagos?.....lolz
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by PHAYOL81: 9:00am On Jul 27, 2020
With all these redevelopments the governor is doing coupled with the completion and/or ongoing works on projects of past administrations asides the ones he's sanctioned for construction, the children of hate will still wake up tomorrow to demand what he's done in office. Many of them have already been saying he's done nothing for his first year that you wonder what happens to their eyes with the little changes here and there going on. Potholes disappearing, abandoned lightrail by the Ambode's adminstration finally crossed the sea to CMS with stations being built as we speak, completion of road projects left behind by Ambode, construction of Lekki/ proposed Forth Mainland bridge link road started, construction of roads in Badagry also started, these numerous expansion of roads and redevelopment to ease traffic burden on the commuters, and some more.
Thanks to Ogun state for taking a bit of burden off the state in term of population, I must say that the ish is much more the reason the Mainland is suffering as we speak. We need other states stepping up too.

ps: It was during his first year that Lagos state itself roll out more boats to help propel water transportation system in the state; that which brought about increment in the route they ply. Earlier, it had been private investment thing.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by chatinent: 9:11am On Jul 27, 2020
I reserve my comment.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by NOC1(m): 9:17am On Jul 27, 2020
RuddyFusion:

Lolz....can you imagine a suppose idea to reduce traffic in Lagos?.....lolz

That’s decongest Lagos first.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by Smartfix: 9:19am On Jul 27, 2020
If you have a crack or chip on your windshield and you happen to be reading this, do well to contact me on the numbers on my signature below. Cracks on windshield are very much repairable and the replacement cost saved with the help of a UV-aided modern technology. The earlier a crack or chip is repaired the better the result and the safer and healthier the windshield, as a professionally done glass repair ultimately ends any chance of a spread or further running of the crack in addition to restoring the windshield to a near perfect state without any sign of a damage.
Thank you.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by ishowdotgmail(m): 9:26am On Jul 27, 2020
kingvick09:

weytin this one dey talk,,,,i guess na only sunday you dey pass ikotun abi.
the hold up don dey worse for ikotun

I pass there every day... is better than before
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by UDUJ(m): 10:01am On Jul 27, 2020
majamajic:
grin grin

I am telling you cheesy

One needs to be very alert when driving past there. The lastma and police will just hide behind certain structures waiting to pounce on you. After losing 10k to them 2 years ago I became smarter cheesy
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by blueivy8: 10:15am On Jul 27, 2020
What have u achieved by commenting first : grin
Cruseder:
first to comment. grin
eko people are in for
long thing.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by oyeb15: 10:22am On Jul 27, 2020
Traffic has not improve Sir
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by 0taPiaPia(m): 10:27am On Jul 27, 2020
BigBizzy:
All Nigeria things Sabi look fine from up ehn....down dey always different

I dey tell you.. see the difference in the 3D rendition and the reality.
Is it that they can't interpret properly or can't transfer designs
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by Orpe7(m): 10:29am On Jul 27, 2020
In as much as the road leading to Adeniyi Jones isn't converted to one way, there would always be mad traffic along that route from 3pm
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by bibianna(f): 10:30am On Jul 27, 2020
Thank you for including Ikotun but I beg you our wonderful and ever working hard governor to please include IJAGEMO.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by BreconHills(m): 11:55am On Jul 27, 2020
Amotekun777:
NONSENSE! This won't even resolve 5% of the traffic problems facing these localities. angry

He needs to STOP spewing NONSENSE! angry

Your counter solution would have been more useful.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by Mindclinic: 12:07pm On Jul 27, 2020
There's no day u will not experience traffic in Lagos. E dey for their constitution. Imagine the two months lockdown in Lagos traffic till dey. So therefore Sanwo olu is lying that it will reduce traffic. Mtchewwwwwww! �
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes by tollyboy5(m): 12:28pm On Jul 27, 2020
NOC1:

Which state are you from so that I can tell you how long you have been sitting with long thing without shaking to remove it.

The issue of traffic in Lagos can only be solved by federal government.

First FG will agree to decongest Lagos and make it a little bit less attractive for migrants to flood the state. The influx of people in search of survival and opportunities to Lagos on daily basis is the major reason for the over population of the state.
This increase in population has led to the increase in house rent (to many people pursuing few apartments), in other the meet up with the demand green areas and reserved areas have been used up.
The master plan of the state have been messed up with, water flow ways have been reclaimed high-rise and low cost buildings sitting on them.

This over population bring About unmanaged pollutions. Increase in solid waste and liquid waste.

Traffic situation will continue to get bad in Lagos until other states with ports are industrialized via the revival of the seaports.
That's the reason why blue rail around mile 2 has not been completed abi? From fashola to sanwo olu?
And its because of swamp my grandchildren will still meet the project uncompleted

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abiola Ajimobi Carrying His Twin Grandchildren / APC Youths Protest Suswam's Return To Benue (Photos) / Southern States Dismiss Blockade While North Food Traders Insist On Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.