Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Man Loses A ₦332,000 Bet After Lingard Scored His First Goal Of The Season - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man Loses A ₦332,000 Bet After Lingard Scored His First Goal Of The Season (872 Views)

Dolores Aveiro's Reaction After Ronaldo Scored His First Goal Against Newcastle / Jesse Lingard Trolls Cristiano Ronaldo On Instagram (Photos) / Ronaldo’s First Goal For Juventus: Georgina Rodriguez Celebrates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Loses A ₦332,000 Bet After Lingard Scored His First Goal Of The Season by WriterNig: 11:04pm On Jul 26, 2020
The English Premier League has just ended after the 20 teams completed their 38 matches of the season.

Liverpool won the title after an outstanding season with Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea ending the season in second, third and fourth place respectively.

However, what is actually trending right now on social media isn't who won the title or the positions each team finished, but about a man who lost a whopping £670 (₦332,000) in a bet.

According to reports, the man placed a £10 bet on Manchester United's English attacking midfielder Jesse Lingard not to score or assist a goal for the entirety of the 2019/2020 season.

The man would have been jubilating by now as Lingard had gone the entire Premier League season without scoring a single goal nor rendering a single assist until the last game of the season.

Manchester United had gone up against Leicester city in the 71st minutes through a penalty taken by Bruno Fernandes, Lingard was brought on in the 77th minutes as a 2nd half substitute and he scored with the last kick of the game in 97th minute of the encounter after a horrible mistake by Leicester goalkeeper.

This however means that, the man who placed the bet lost ₦332,000 with just few seconds to the end of the match.

https://www.givemesport.com/1583681-fan-has-bet-on-jesse-lingard-failing-to-score-or-assist-in-the-entire-premier-league-season

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun

Re: Man Loses A ₦332,000 Bet After Lingard Scored His First Goal Of The Season by WriterNig: 11:04pm On Jul 26, 2020
Re: Man Loses A ₦332,000 Bet After Lingard Scored His First Goal Of The Season by Emmacolinho(m): 11:13pm On Jul 26, 2020
Chai! I bind every near success syndrome IJN
Re: Man Loses A ₦332,000 Bet After Lingard Scored His First Goal Of The Season by theoneJabulani(m): 11:13pm On Jul 26, 2020
Village people, una matter tire me

2 Likes

Re: Man Loses A ₦332,000 Bet After Lingard Scored His First Goal Of The Season by micfoley: 11:35pm On Jul 26, 2020
As the guy score today, I just know say e go cut people ticket
Re: Man Loses A ₦332,000 Bet After Lingard Scored His First Goal Of The Season by pyyxxaro: 2:24am On Jul 27, 2020
All these Bet companies are making so much money from people
Re: Man Loses A ₦332,000 Bet After Lingard Scored His First Goal Of The Season by slyfox35(m): 7:11am On Jul 27, 2020
Lingard after the match: My God nor dey sleep,He don help me shame my haters.
Baba you too much o!
for the thing you do for me
I go dey praise you forever o
you be baba!

(1) (Reply)

Video - Black Magic (charms) Used In Live African Football Games To Win Matches / Nigeria Vs Mexico: Shut Up, Do Your Work – Sunday Dare Blasts Eagles Coach, / Ivory Coast Will Win AFCON 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.