Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Police Arrest 2 Dispatch Riders For Attempting To Snatch Vehicle In Lagos (Photo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest 2 Dispatch Riders For Attempting To Snatch Vehicle In Lagos (Photo (33067 Views)

Kano Hisbah Arrests 52 Tricycle Riders For ‘Immoral Haircuts’ / Man Exposes New Trick Robbers Use To Snatch Cars At Wedding Ceremonies / Young Lady Stabbed To Death By Robbers While Trying To Snatch Her Phone. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest 2 Dispatch Riders For Attempting To Snatch Vehicle In Lagos (Photo by Nairafame1: 6:40am On Jul 27, 2020
The Lagos State Police Command has arrested two dispatch riders for allegedly attempting to dispossess the driver of a ride-hailing company, Uber, of his vehicle in the Anthony area of the state.

It was gathered that the suspects, Sule Abdulkareem and Celestine Joseph, ordered the ride from Obalende and claimed to be going to Anthony.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the driver, who sensed danger when the suspects attempted to snatch the vehicle from him, drove to where operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad were stationed and the men were arrested.

It was learnt that a gun was recovered from the suspects.

Abdulkareem told PUNCH Metro that they planned to use the vehicle as collateral for a loan to start a business.

He said, “I met Celestine (Joseph) when we were both dispatch riders for an online retail company. I left the company when my salary was being deducted illegally even after I had paid fully for the motorcycle that was given to me.

“When I left the company, my friend told me that he wanted to start a restaurant and bar business on the Island and that he needed N1.6m for the business. We looked everywhere to get a loan, but nobody was willing to give us. It was during our search for the loan that somebody told us that we would need collateral.

“We had wanted to use that Toyota Corolla as our collateral to get the money; unfortunately, we were unable to rob the driver of his car. We both agreed to rob the driver. It was an unfortunate incident.”

Joseph, who stated that the gun was given to them by a friend, said they used it to protect themselves from hoodlums while they worked for the online company.

He said, “We planned to snatch the vehicle from him before he got to Maryland; when we asked him to stop at Anthony bus stop, he refused.

“When he did not stop, we decided not to rob him again, but we were arrested by the police.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/police-arrest-dispatch-riders-for-attempting-to-snatch-vehicle/%3famp=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 2 Dispatch Riders For Attempting To Snatch Vehicle In Lagos (Photo by Nobody: 6:42am On Jul 27, 2020
Kudos to all our Brave Nigerian Police Officers
Bleep to all our Coward Nigerian Police Officers
See their rugged face turned innocent
Yesterday they were prowling like tigers, today see as they were scrawling like rabbits

48 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 2 Dispatch Riders For Attempting To Snatch Vehicle In Lagos (Photo by kestolove95(m): 6:48am On Jul 27, 2020
Celestine of ipob teaching innocent aboki how to steal

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 2 Dispatch Riders For Attempting To Snatch Vehicle In Lagos (Photo by Nairafame1: 6:49am On Jul 27, 2020
stevmatt15:
Kudos to all our Brave Nigerian Police Officers
Bleep to all our Coward Nigerian Police Officers
See their rugged face turned innocent
Yesterday they were prowling like tigers, today see as they were scrawling like rabbits
At least Police did this

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest 2 Dispatch Riders For Attempting To Snatch Vehicle In Lagos (Photo by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 27, 2020
Nairafame1:

At least Police did this
Read my lips. I said Kudos to them that did this or are you saying it was done by the cowards officers?

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 2 Dispatch Riders For Attempting To Snatch Vehicle In Lagos (Photo by Shellsploit: 7:04am On Jul 27, 2020
Every day for the thief, one day for the owner.
Kudos to RRS.

Re: Police Arrest 2 Dispatch Riders For Attempting To Snatch Vehicle In Lagos (Photo by dangermouse(m): 7:13am On Jul 27, 2020
Not fair. A Uber driver hustling to put food on his table. Life indeed is a jungle.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 2 Dispatch Riders For Attempting To Snatch Vehicle In Lagos (Photo by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 27, 2020
The effect of bad leadership
Re: Police Arrest 2 Dispatch Riders For Attempting To Snatch Vehicle In Lagos (Photo by NOC1(m): 7:30am On Jul 27, 2020
Of all places you want to rob someone is Anthony. When death wants to kill a dog, his sense of smell will be dead.

Thank God that the driver was observant, as a dispatch rider what are you protecting yourself from with gun?

They are thieves, they did not succeed this time.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 2 Dispatch Riders For Attempting To Snatch Vehicle In Lagos (Photo by NOC1(m): 7:32am On Jul 27, 2020
kelfree99:
The effect of bad leadership

Criminals are criminals it has little or nothing to do with bad leadership, those who are comfortable still commit crimes.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 2 Dispatch Riders For Attempting To Snatch Vehicle In Lagos (Photo by Mayng01(m): 10:01am On Jul 27, 2020
Now you can start that business in prison

17 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 2 Dispatch Riders For Attempting To Snatch Vehicle In Lagos (Photo by kereman1: 10:13am On Jul 27, 2020
see d fat guy, i can bet my 2sac that he is d sule from d writeup.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 2 Dispatch Riders For Attempting To Snatch Vehicle In Lagos (Photo by batstan(m): 10:29am On Jul 27, 2020
The topic/headline, though?

grin

2 car jackers caught in Lagos. Gbam!

Which one is Lagosians

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 2 Dispatch Riders For Attempting To Snatch Vehicle In Lagos (Photo by Slawormir: 10:57am On Jul 27, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
To bad

Why steal and make life difficult for fellow country Man

When you can bomb the world

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 2 Dispatch Riders For Attempting To Snatch Vehicle In Lagos (Photo by McBrooklyn(m): 10:57am On Jul 27, 2020
Jail those MFs ASAP... Trying to take the food from another man's mouth even when there's more than enough food going around but dem no wan hustle legit for am.. Lowlifers!! angry

4 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 2 Dispatch Riders For Attempting To Snatch Vehicle In Lagos (Photo by DEEBOZZ(m): 10:57am On Jul 27, 2020
Do report any case of criminality to the appropriate authority like the police.
We are ever ready to protect our country.
Kudos to the driver and my gallant colleagues for doing the needful.
#ASP Deebozz

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 2 Dispatch Riders For Attempting To Snatch Vehicle In Lagos (Photo by OkhaiAsein(m): 10:58am On Jul 27, 2020
when the bush catch the Hunter
meanwhile I'll design a brand logo and flyer for your business for just 3k

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest 2 Dispatch Riders For Attempting To Snatch Vehicle In Lagos (Photo by PureGoldh(m): 10:58am On Jul 27, 2020
The rate of crime committed on a daily in dx country is so alarming

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest 2 Dispatch Riders For Attempting To Snatch Vehicle In Lagos (Photo by geedot: 10:59am On Jul 27, 2020
Dem wan steal another person business take start their own business. Awon werey.. To understand the average Nigerians better, just watch Natgeo-wild.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 2 Dispatch Riders For Attempting To Snatch Vehicle In Lagos (Photo by iampeterben(m): 11:00am On Jul 27, 2020
Hmmm... Their salary nor reach them again!�
Re: Police Arrest 2 Dispatch Riders For Attempting To Snatch Vehicle In Lagos (Photo by goshen26: 11:00am On Jul 27, 2020
Eyah!

TThey are about to implicate the guys who are doing their huzzling genuinely, cos when govt bring out their policy again both saint and sinner will be affected

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest 2 Dispatch Riders For Attempting To Snatch Vehicle In Lagos (Photo by figment0: 11:00am On Jul 27, 2020
soft work
Re: Police Arrest 2 Dispatch Riders For Attempting To Snatch Vehicle In Lagos (Photo by davidodiba(m): 11:00am On Jul 27, 2020
Good for them.
Re: Police Arrest 2 Dispatch Riders For Attempting To Snatch Vehicle In Lagos (Photo by QuickStandard: 11:01am On Jul 27, 2020
cool

Joseph, who stated that the gun was given to them by a friend, said they used it to protect themselves from hoodlums while they worked for the online company.

I'Yam' not understanding!
Does it mean that dispatch riders use to go about with guns?

The police needs to start searching these guys.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest 2 Dispatch Riders For Attempting To Snatch Vehicle In Lagos (Photo by KosiGee(m): 11:01am On Jul 27, 2020
Jacktheripper:
If u knw 5K can go à long way 4 u in this period drop your acct details(10persons only)I will drop mine too,someone might help us.

cheesy grin cheesy wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest 2 Dispatch Riders For Attempting To Snatch Vehicle In Lagos (Photo by free2ryhme: 11:01am On Jul 27, 2020

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Sell A Human Hand For N5k – Cultists Arrested Alongside A Traditional Ruler / Robbers Stab Woman To Death In Ogun (Photos) / "If Change No Dey In 2months, I Go Start To Carry Gun" - Says Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.