Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" (88328 Views)

Ajimobi: I Wish To Reach 70 Years Only - Ex-Governor Said In Throwback Video / Ajimobi: I Prefer Being Senator, Not Minister / CEO Of Betting Company, Akin Alabi Cries Out As Man Won N24m With N1,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 27, 2020
jikins:

Your notion is exactly the reason why people don't like Nigerian products. Look at the local rice. I heard a lot of people praising the local rice when government ban importation of rice.

But guess my opinion after getting one... It was terrible. Just because something is made in Nigeria doesn't mean you should off your brain and start praising it when it is clearly undeserving of it.

We need to start demanding excellence from each other. The American products didn't become popular among Americans overnight or because they were mediocre. No, it was because the government and the people demanded excellent products of the highest standards. Thats why most of their manufacturing companies have rules and codes to follow and their products equally have standards they must meet.

This is how you ensure Nigerian products are patronised. Why will someone go all the way to US or Taiwan to import rice when we produce premium quality products. Why do you think dettol is doing great till tomorrow?

Its not just about supporting Nigerian products. Its about supporting quality Nigerian products. For this to happen we need the right enabling environment and incentive for Nigerian manufacturers who get it right. And give a helping hand to those who get it wrong by not only criticising them, but actively help them to be better.
You are correct, people should demand for quality, but some some of these same nigerians are on here criticizing the man for been honest, as i ve said earlier atleast he is honest.

Nigerian products have never been any good.
Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by Nezzjnr: 9:48am On Jul 27, 2020
leadborn:

Is he on Nairaland? What's his moniker please?
Akinalabi
Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by kapich: 9:52am On Jul 27, 2020
Probably the picture does not really appeal to him.
....or maybe because you placed him beside Ajimobi. My thought!
Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by Iamvetlander(m): 9:52am On Jul 27, 2020
Nezzjnr:
He would have just said something to encourage the lad instead of being blunt

But sincerely some Artists just dey use this style they make money...Draw a Top personality and once it gets to the person... Something gats drop

After AkinAlabi won the Federal consistency seat... Baba no send us for nairaland again cheesy cheesy cheesy

Does he have an account on here?
Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by Nezzjnr: 9:53am On Jul 27, 2020
Iamvetlander:

Does he have an account on here?
Yes bro

Akinalabi
Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by Amuluonyenaego: 9:53am On Jul 27, 2020
Abdulhakeem78:
I don't like it
Chikena
Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by Ategberoson(m): 9:55am On Jul 27, 2020
the artist should have draw Mc Oluomo, Kunle poly or nnamdi kanu
Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by Justkatty(f): 9:55am On Jul 27, 2020
And someone out there would have appreciated it, if it were to be him or her.
Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by einsteine(m): 10:06am On Jul 27, 2020
Who send the artist message? Why not draw the orange seller sweating in the sun with a kid on her back? Or the frustrated bus conductor shouting Ikeja Along hanging on the danfo?

But no, they would draw rich men because they are looking for quick cash. Our desire to asslick need to stop. If more and more rich people give this type of response, such foolishness on the part of artists would stop.

Ben Enwonwu did not go around drawing portraits of politicians. He created inspired work of arts. Like that of Tutu, the girl he met in Ile Ife

3 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:10am On Jul 27, 2020
mehn savage response
Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by weIMPORT: 10:10am On Jul 27, 2020
But e no resemble am now.

Though he should have at least thanked the guy
Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by einsteine(m): 10:12am On Jul 27, 2020
lagosrd:
No two word . he is an ingrate.
Just show appreciation and encouragement ,he is not demanding to your money. After all they are looted.

His money is not looted.

He owns Nairabet.
Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by matrixme(m): 10:13am On Jul 27, 2020
the two of them are both wrong. You paired someone with a dead Nigerian politician and you expect him to like it. Even if the other party is dead, why not be someone like Albert Einstein, Mandela and other great dead people?
Now to the Alabi guy, many Nigerian popular people are arrogantly entitled. So Thank you dried up in your mouth abi? It would have gone a long way to boost the young guys ego, even though you don't accept the gift. Besides, someone that destroys the lives of many youths in this country through his unethical bet franchise should be appreciative when one youth devoted a great deal of time to make him important
Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by foolbuster: 10:16am On Jul 27, 2020
PureGoldh:
Funny enough...I don't know why "Thank You" is so hard for some people to say atleast for the time the guy used to draw him.

Some people's ego can't be measured

For the young bloods..just know it that ➡️Being criticized can be a tough thing to handle...even though it sometimes can be very useful to help you grow or improve something you do...Keep pushing

What do you mean?
Is saying thank you by force? Must we all be dishonest so we can be nice?
Someone said he does not like the drawing of him, wetin come consign ego here? Abeg shift
Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by DEROX: 10:17am On Jul 27, 2020
AFvckingAlpha:
The fvck
Niggarr!!

The art ain't bad tbh, I don't why Akin Alabi didn't like it. He probably tagged him at the wrong time. Be like say person don chop big for nairabet this weekend grin

My word for the artiste: Do not be dampened, your talent is amazing. I wish you all the best.

Stop drawing Afonja people, they won't help your career grin, draw Don Jazzy and see how your life would be lifted.

Make una no take am personal, nah just cruise

Slawomir just pass me sk.
you sound like you've lost a lot to his nairabet company
Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by KosiGee(m): 10:18am On Jul 27, 2020
Freestainworld:
Dull brain, must you talk in everything? if you don't like it, then you keep quiet.

Why should he keep quiet? The art work was supposed to be a portrait of him and he was tagged.
He simply didn’t like that. What’s the fuss there. Must he like the drawing??

Is this some new form of blackmail?
Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by naturefellow(m): 10:25am On Jul 27, 2020
lilmax:
I don't like it too
i don't like it 3.

Don't mind several of these mediocre creatives using social media to score cheap scores.

Art isn't good enough. Get better at it!

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by DarkJeddi(m): 10:28am On Jul 27, 2020
SmartPolician:

Akin is a very, very rich guy

He just doesn't like it

People are entitled to choices

And Akin is no different

No one should shove stuff down his throat and expect him to say that it's cool
He doesn't have to like it but neither does he have to be rude and uncouth about it..
As a Politician,he should learn the art of diplomacy..
Words can cut worse than a knife..

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by slimfit1(m): 10:50am On Jul 27, 2020
There is no creativity in the picture apart from using charcoal

2 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by PitexyBaba(m): 10:53am On Jul 27, 2020
lilmax:
I don't like it too
Werey
Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by wizod(m): 11:01am On Jul 27, 2020
how will he like it when he is dodging to appreciate him with a token
Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 27, 2020
Atleast a little word of encouragement
That artwork took hours for it to be done
And despite the hard work all you could say is that you don't like it too bad
There are times we like what we hate just to encourage someone
Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by hybridblood07(m): 11:30am On Jul 27, 2020
You're a fool
PapaNnamdi:
Why are people even doing this,

u make a free work for some popular person,
just so you can get what?? money or recognition

Even if I be davinci I won't make a free art for Donald trump

It's fuccking pay before service..

dumb fuccck
Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by graejo: 11:36am On Jul 27, 2020
It's actually not fine but there are better ways to talk to the artist in order to encourage him next time.
Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by Annychibest(f): 11:38am On Jul 27, 2020
Please, he has every right not to like it. After all, the image was his, and he does not like it. Period.

Perhaps the artist did not paint him well � or perhaps the artist shouldn't have painted him with his late mentor.

My dear, only he knows why he doesn't want the painting.
Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by Benbellamor: 11:43am On Jul 27, 2020
What people need to know is that it is against the practice of Islam to have a drawing of your image.

Akin Alabi is brought up as a Muslim and he is currently a Mogaji, a revered Muslim. Who keeps to the tenet of islam
Most Muslims don't usually like artworks that's why you have more art galleries in Lagos than Abuja

The artist should have researched all this before going on to draw it
Akin alabi invested hugely in Nairabet bet have no foundation to his credit to help and encourage the young entrepreneurs, by providing them with platform to make mistakes till they re perfect

I understand why the artist drew the politician....he was only looking for a compliment without any cost. .....just Thank you

But then Akin Alabi could have been very sensitive
Rather he may have allowed his religious beliefs on restrictions on arts blur his moral responsibilities towards the lowly ones

Akin Alabi the Nairabet investor will be okay with smiling to the bank from proceeds from betting/gambling which is also not supported in Islam
I want to say or describe him a politician who rationalize what suits him

I will advise the young artist not to relent in his effort as this kind of disappointment would strengthen him and make him better in his career

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by labi1977(m): 12:11pm On Jul 27, 2020
Like it or not it has gone viral :-)
Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by dfrost: 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2020
lilmax:
I don't like it too

You no serious oOoo cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by shogsman(m): 12:28pm On Jul 27, 2020
You wan make e lie abi
Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by freeborn02: 12:31pm On Jul 27, 2020
Crownbefitsme:

Sir
Ọmọ ọba ìlú wo? cheesy
Re: Akin Alabi To Artist Who Shared An Artwork Of Him & Ajimobi "I Don't Like It" by PapaNnamdi: 12:37pm On Jul 27, 2020
hybridblood07:
You're a fool
I for report u oo

but e clear say the post pain u well we'll grin
sorry en

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lawmaker Abandons Car For Electric Bicycle Over Fuel Price Hike (pic) / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) / The 7 States President Buhari Gave Two Ministerial Slots And The Reasons Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.