Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

Solve This Maths - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Solve This Maths (331 Views)

Who Can Solve This Maths? / Great Mathematicians Help Me Solve This Maths Please / Can U Solve This Primary 6 Quantitative Reasoning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solve This Maths by Marvis4real(f): 9:21am On Jul 27, 2020
Can someone solve this maths to match the answers . Figure 12.8. Exercise 12b No 2

Re: Solve This Maths by Mabella2550(f): 11:59am On Jul 27, 2020
The correct answers are as follows:
(a) +2m (b) -5m (c) +4m (d) +3m (e) -3m (f) -4m (g) -1m (h) +5m (i) 0 (j) +1m
The mistake is from the textbook. They used "1" to represent "+", and "2" to represent "-".
Re: Solve This Maths by Marvis4real(f): 3:48pm On Jul 27, 2020
Mabella2550:
The correct answers are as follows:
(a) +2m (b) -5m (c) +4m (d) +3m (e) -3m (f) -4m (g) -1m (h) +5m (i) 0 (j) +1m
The mistake is from the textbook. They used "1" to represent "+", and "2" to represent "-".
thank you I thought as much an even argued it with someone, so I decided to bring it here

1 Like

Re: Solve This Maths by unclemaths(m): 4:18pm On Jul 27, 2020
@ Mabella2550
Kudos!
First, you got all your answers right.
Secondly, you were able to identify the textbook as being the culprit.
Thirdly, if anybody cares to listen, you actually explained where the textbook got it wrong: mixing up their + and -.
Great job, Mabella2550

Lesson:
One should not totally trust textbooks.

BTW
Any hope in sight for school children in Primary schools?
Schools are not reopening soon.

Do you know any Grade 5 or Grade 6 pupil?
Enjoy free interactive classes at:

www.mindbuilders.sch.ng

1 Like

Re: Solve This Maths by Johzn2020: 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2020
We all know how the pandemic- corona virus has tremendously affected education, and it's impact on schools. We must acknowledge that it hasn't come off easy on students to learn in these times, and that is why we've created a platform for free tutorials for students and others willing to learn or develop their intellectual capacity at the comfort of their homes.

We believe no one is dumb and each is born with different capacity and talents. Our chief aim is promoting efficiency and productivity within and outside school.

Kindly help your children develop themselves at this time. Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNsBv15enAQ

(1) (Reply)

Bayero University Kano Post UTME Screening 2020/21 / Ultimate-ielts-general Study Material / Nigerian At 60 What Is Our Achievements?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.