Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

How To Retrieve Your National ID Card Using NIMC Mobile Identity App - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Retrieve Your National ID Card Using NIMC Mobile Identity App (705 Views)

I Want To Retrieve The Gift I Gave A Friend . / We Need Our National ID Cards / NIMC: National ID Card Pre-enrolment Portal Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Retrieve Your National ID Card Using NIMC Mobile Identity App by Canonspace: 12:43pm On Jul 27, 2020
Ever heard of the new NIMC Mobile Identity app? I'm sure most nairalanders haven't. If you have heard of it, then I wonder why this very important app isn't trending on this forum already. In fact, if there is any good thing that has happened to this country in the last five years, it's the launch of this mobile app. And I will explain what I mean using two experiences I have had.

1. A few years ago, I was turned down at a job interview. I had travelled all the way from Abuja to Calabar only to be denied access into the premises where the interview was to take place. Reason was; I failed to provide a government issued ID card to prove my identity.

2. In spite of having a driver's license, I can't recall how many times I have been delayed on the road by the police for not having any drivers' ID card to show. Sometimes, you just hop into a car without your wallet and drive.

But there is one item you will hardly ever forget to carry along, and that's your mobile device.

Do you know that with the new NIMC mobile identity app you can retrieve your national ID card, drivers license, health insurance card, Departure card, Tax clearance certificate, BVN number, and VIN number all in a few minutes?

If you have lost your any of the above mentioned Identity Cards, or simply forgot your wallet as I did, you can still retrieve your electronic ID on your mobile phone at the click of a button.

Click HERE to download the app

Re: How To Retrieve Your National ID Card Using NIMC Mobile Identity App by maiquel: 12:54pm On Jul 27, 2020
Is the App on playstore... I don't understand the link you shared abeg.
Re: How To Retrieve Your National ID Card Using NIMC Mobile Identity App by renzhen: 1:01pm On Jul 27, 2020
Thank you for this information, but please is there a way one can print physical ID from the mobile app?
I've had to go through serious challenges with verifying my identity online in most international platforms all because I only have the slip which is always rejected. The slip is known to be only accepted locally.

Apart from possibly having low battery, another question is, having known how irresponsible our NPF, FRSC and their likes are, how are we going to get past them using the electronic ID which is only available on a mobile phone?
Re: How To Retrieve Your National ID Card Using NIMC Mobile Identity App by Canonspace: 1:03pm On Jul 27, 2020
maiquel:
Is the App on playstore... I don't understand the link you shared abeg.

Yes, the app is on Play Store.

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your National ID Card Using NIMC Mobile Identity App by Canonspace: 5:40pm On Jul 27, 2020
renzhen:
Thank you for this information, but please is there a way one can print physical ID from the mobile app?
I've had to go through serious challenges with verifying my identity online in most international platforms all because I only have the slip which is always rejected. The slip is known to be only accepted locally.

Apart from possibly having low battery, another question is, having known how irresponsible our NPF, FRSC and their likes are, how are we going to get past them using the electronic ID which is only available on a mobile phone?

Visit any NIMC office nearest to you with your slip or NIN and request a plastic card, they will charge you a token fee.

Despite the fact that NIMC launched the digital identity app and provisioned it to link all other forms of IDs, the prerogative for the issuance of each identity document remains solely with the relevant agency.

So, it is binding on the NPF, FRSC and co to educate their staff appropriately on the latest developments.

However, the task of educating the 'men on the road' might be a challenging one. But in time, they will surely come around.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

30 Of The Biggest Scams In Modern History / Governor Emmanuel Seeks Increased Revenue Allocation To States / Never Look On Anyone To Survive.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.