Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,031 members, 7,821,571 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Man Splits $22 Million Lottery Win With Bestfriend To Honor 28 Year Pledge - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Splits $22 Million Lottery Win With Bestfriend To Honor 28 Year Pledge (987 Views)

Man Who Won $30 Million Lottery Wears Costume To Hide Identity From Family(photo / Man Fulfils 28-year-old Promise, Splits $22M Lottery Winnings With Friend (Pic) / Psquare Splits Over Critical Quarel At Lawyers' Office Today - Nasarawareports. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Splits $22 Million Lottery Win With Bestfriend To Honor 28 Year Pledge by madamgrace: 1:52pm On Jul 27, 2020
A Wisconsin man who won the $22 million dollar jackpot last month decided to split his lottery winnings with his best friend to honour a promise he made nearly 30 years ago.

In 1992, two best friends, Thomas Cook and Joseph Feeney, promised each other that if anyone wins the lottery, they will split the winnings equally, 50-50. They did not write a formal contract but simply shook hands after making the deal.

In June 2020, decades after they made the promise, Thomas Cook of Elk Mound won the Powerball jackpot after purchasing a lottery ticket from a gas station in Menomonie.

After winning, Cook contacted his friend Joseph Feeney. At first, Feeney thought Cook was joking because the pair would buy lottery tickets every week with no luck.

Both men have agreed to take home $16.7 million and will receive $5.7 million each after federal and state taxes. Both men are retired and say they plan to go on vacation.

They also said they have many other plans to spend the money but want to have more quality time with their children and grandchildren.

“We can pursue what we feel comfortable with, I can’t think of a better way to retire.”

The gas station where Cook bought the ticket has also received $100,000 for selling the lottery ticket.

https://www.inform.ng/post/man-splits-22-million-lottery-win-with-bestfriend-to-honor-28-year-pledge

Re: Man Splits $22 Million Lottery Win With Bestfriend To Honor 28 Year Pledge by Righteousness89(m): 1:53pm On Jul 27, 2020
Promise Fulfilled!!

2 Likes

Re: Man Splits $22 Million Lottery Win With Bestfriend To Honor 28 Year Pledge by dalongjnr: 1:57pm On Jul 27, 2020
Friendship goals.
Men of their words.

6 Likes

Re: Man Splits $22 Million Lottery Win With Bestfriend To Honor 28 Year Pledge by donstan18: 1:58pm On Jul 27, 2020
There are friends who are x10 better than some siblings.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Splits $22 Million Lottery Win With Bestfriend To Honor 28 Year Pledge by Officialgarri: 2:02pm On Jul 27, 2020
Look at how much their tax system is gulping?

If it were to be Africa, the other friend would already be conspiring to murder the winner so he can have all.

A recent example was on FP sometimes during the week

4 Likes

Re: Man Splits $22 Million Lottery Win With Bestfriend To Honor 28 Year Pledge by LadyExcellency: 2:08pm On Jul 27, 2020
Officialgarri:
Look at how much their tax system is gulping?

If it were to be Africa, the other friend would already be conspiring to murder the winner so he can have all.

A recent example was on FP sometimes during the week

Lottery has a special tax package same with wine and liquor

1 Like

Re: Man Splits $22 Million Lottery Win With Bestfriend To Honor 28 Year Pledge by OneDollarSalary(m): 2:08pm On Jul 27, 2020
[s]
Dotherightthing:

21. Please spell words correctly when you post, and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation.
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Man Splits $22 Million Lottery Win With Bestfriend To Honor 28 Year Pledge by balosunky(m): 2:11pm On Jul 27, 2020
only 2% of the world population can fulfill this kind promise. Noted, it is easier said than done. Let the money enter thinking go change. To drop 10% self go hard some people. Na then you go remember when he bought coke for both of you when he knows you prefer Pepsi

1 Like

Re: Man Splits $22 Million Lottery Win With Bestfriend To Honor 28 Year Pledge by Loadbalancer(m): 2:11pm On Jul 27, 2020
Better human being
Re: Man Splits $22 Million Lottery Win With Bestfriend To Honor 28 Year Pledge by Olalan(m): 2:25pm On Jul 27, 2020
Talk about true friendship which unfortunately is lacking in this age
Re: Man Splits $22 Million Lottery Win With Bestfriend To Honor 28 Year Pledge by samincredible44(m): 2:45pm On Jul 27, 2020
this is the type of friends we all need.not the type that will plot ur downfall

2 Likes

Re: Man Splits $22 Million Lottery Win With Bestfriend To Honor 28 Year Pledge by coscj(m): 2:49pm On Jul 27, 2020
Re: Man Splits $22 Million Lottery Win With Bestfriend To Honor 28 Year Pledge by Hollysaint: 2:53pm On Jul 27, 2020
The type of friend I desire to be and have
Re: Man Splits $22 Million Lottery Win With Bestfriend To Honor 28 Year Pledge by aliandro(m): 3:16pm On Jul 27, 2020
Ask yourself again... "WHO IS YOUR FRIEND?"
Re: Man Splits $22 Million Lottery Win With Bestfriend To Honor 28 Year Pledge by byinks(f): 3:20pm On Jul 27, 2020
Old age brings humility and wisdom.
I doubt he would have kept the promise if he was 35 years old.
Re: Man Splits $22 Million Lottery Win With Bestfriend To Honor 28 Year Pledge by Karemarealty288(m): 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2020
This type of friendship can never and will never come from a black man.... Typical man of his word.

1 Like

Re: Man Splits $22 Million Lottery Win With Bestfriend To Honor 28 Year Pledge by LadyExcellency: 3:50pm On Jul 27, 2020
It can't happen in Africa. In short terms, not among Blacks

(1) (Reply)

N-power Batch C Test, Here Is The Tips I Used To Score 95% / Rate My Pics. All Girls Are Crushing On Me. I Always Cover My Face. / Solar Freezer Prices In Nigeria 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.