Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Vehicle Documents: Photocopies Or Originals? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Vehicle Documents: Photocopies Or Originals? (895 Views)

Lagos State Creates New Website To Verify Your Vehicle Documents / Vehicle Documents Fast And Hassle Free / ABUJA PLATE NUMBER REGISTRATION AND VEHICLE DOCUMENTS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vehicle Documents: Photocopies Or Originals? by layi(m): 12:56am On Jul 28, 2020
1. I'll like to know if its legal to present photocopies of all documents when a cop pulls you over and ask for particulars.

2. Whats the difference between the police and road safety in terms of documents asked?

3. I have a factory tint on my rear windows (toyota venza). Whats happens when darevil cops like the SARS ask for my tinted permit and say its fake and i'll have to follow them to their office. What can i do in this situation?
Re: Vehicle Documents: Photocopies Or Originals? by spicesgoke(m): 1:04am On Jul 28, 2020
Don't put original vehicle documents in car oooo, anyone with original "proof of ownership" can claim the car ownership from you.
2. Original tinted permit must have your passport's photograph on it, with vehicle chassis number and plate number and is not transferable.
Photocopies are accepted except driver license

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Documents: Photocopies Or Originals? by layi(m): 9:53am On Jul 28, 2020
spicesgoke:
Don't put original vehicle documents in car oooo, anyone with original "proof of ownership" can claim the car ownership from you.
2. Original tinted permit must have your passport's photograph on it, with vehicle chassis number and plate number and is not transferable.
Photocopies are accepted except driver license

Of course i hardly go along wit originals but I'm asking these questions because i just got a venza and police always stop me because of the rare windows tint. I have the tint permit.
1. The cops in my area always ask for originals of this or that. Never satisfied with photocopies.

2a. What documents or accessories must you have to beat the police, SARs etc?
2b. Whats documents or accessories must you have to beat the Road Safety, VIO etc?

3. After showing them tint permit (which btw is original) and they keep it and argue its fake, just to extort me, what should i do? This can be frustrating.
Re: Vehicle Documents: Photocopies Or Originals? by oladipuposadeeq(m): 10:04am On Jul 28, 2020
layi:
1. I'll like to know if its legal to present photocopies of all documents when a cop pulls you over and ask for particulars.

2. Whats the difference between the police and road safety in terms of documents asked?

3. I have a factory tint on my rear windows (toyota venza). Whats happens when darevil cops like the SARS ask for my tinted permit and say its fake and i'll have to follow them to their office. What can i do in this situation?
police or road safety will never request for your original vehicle document and the difference between road safety and police when it comes to checking if your documents are up to date is that road safety check if you have the necessary safety gadgets like C caution,fire extinguisher and your tyres as well as rear light,headlamp but police won't except he is drunk and on the tinted permit or any issues involving SARS don't ever let them take you to their office for any offence those pple can lie on their mother if they have the opportunity and be vigilant when this pple are checking your documents some even remove some part of your documents if your eyes is not glued to them. So goodluck this is Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Documents: Photocopies Or Originals? by layi(m): 10:12am On Jul 28, 2020
Someone said i must always present the original of both driver's licence and tint permit (not photocopies). How true? I dont know what the law says about this.
My problem with handing over anything original to 'these people' is because once it touches thier hand, they feel empowered. They can just 'pocket' it and start saying rubbish expecting you to 'bail' it.

(1) (Reply)

Sharp Tokunbo Toyota Camry Envelope / SOLD ! Fresh Tokunbo 2004 Lexus RX330 For Sale In Abuja / Reg But Not Used 2009 Xle Camry @ 2.5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.