Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,376 members, 7,853,673 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:23 PM

How To Get A Scholarship With Free Tuition In The US Without A High GRE Score - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Get A Scholarship With Free Tuition In The US Without A High GRE Score (162 Views)

I Need Good Gre Score But I Don't Ave Time To Prepare For Gre Because Of My Work / Tunde Olatunji Gives Kamarudeen Ridwan 3rd Best UTME Candidate, A Scholarship / Tell Us How You Got A Fully Funded Scholarship With A Less Than 4.0 GPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Get A Scholarship With Free Tuition In The US Without A High GRE Score by yemideclassifie: 2:55am On Jul 28, 2020
Hey guys,

I am here once again to walk you through on how you can get a funded scholarship with full tuition waiver in the US even with a low GRE score. There is a lot of myth surrounding the fact that until you get a high GRE score, your chances of getting a scholarship is impossible. The problem with that thought is that I did not even have a high score and yet I was awarded a scholarship.

Why?

Because I know that GRE is A MAJOR FACTOR BUT IT IS NOT A DECIDING FACTOR!

Plus, there are some schools in the US that are currently doing away with GRE as a prerequisite for scholarship eligibility because of the following:

1. There is little correlation between high GRE scores and success in graduate school.

2. A recent study at Havard and Cornell Universities found out that there is no correlation between a high GRE scores during admission and first author papers published by the same student.

3. Most of the students who have high scores might have done it multiple times and they'd only present the highest scores during scholarship applications. That do not represent the overall academic potentials of the student and could be misleading

4. Underepresented people like minorities are often marginalized in the application process because they do not have the resources to prepare very well but research found out that students coming from developing countries do better when given a chance to prove themselves.

Guys, you know about Brexit, GRexit is looming.

I have shared in my video how you can get a PhD or MSc scholarship with a low GRE score. While I spent a great deal of time to demystify the myths surrounding GRE, I have provided in my video the list of schools that do not require GRE. So why waste $205 to do GRE multiple times when the score you have can land you an opportunity to study in US for free? Also, I have provided in my video, what other things professors are looking for in a prospective student with a low GRE score.

My final thoughts: If you have plans to do GRE, give it your best. But DO NOT ALLOW THE SCORE YOU HAVE TO DISCOURAGE YOU FROM APPLYING. You can ask me questions if you are unsure as to whether you can be awarded with your score. As I mentioned earlier, YOUR GRE SCORE IS A MAJOR FACTOR BUT NOT A DECIDING FACTOR!

I HAVE PROVIDED IN MY VIDEO, WHAT THE DECIDING FACTOR IS.
Here is the link to my video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG_p-dGU7uM&t=1s

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook @yemideclassified
On Youtube channel : https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC4gl3j4NQAxjtoa0bhEyrvg?sub_confirmation=1

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Solutions To Your School Works Including WAEC And JAMB / Write Your Academic Projects Here! / Nans Suspends Protest For One Week, Call On Nddc/cbn To Pay Foreign Counterparts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.