Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Top 10 Busiest Airports In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top 10 Busiest Airports In Nigeria (3341 Views)

Busiest International Airports In The World. / New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) / Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Busiest Airports In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:59am On Jul 28, 2020
Murtala Muhammed International Airport,Lagos

Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport ,Abuja

Port Harcourt Interational Airport

Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport

Akanu Ibiam International Airport ,Enugu

Margaret Ekpo International Airport,Calabar

Kaduna International Airport

Benin Airport

Sadiq Abubakar Airport ,Sokoto

Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport,Owerri

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1089542/domestic-aircraft-traffic-nigeria-airports/

Re: Top 10 Busiest Airports In Nigeria by Lincoln275(m): 4:31am On Jul 28, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Busiest Airports In Nigeria by naijanaso: 5:29am On Jul 28, 2020
When I hear this name "INTERNATIONAL" attached to our Airports, I just laugh. These are smaller than a wing or Terminal of any International airport we see overseas.
Re: Top 10 Busiest Airports In Nigeria by dukeprince50: 5:35am On Jul 28, 2020
naijanaso:
When I hear this name "INTERNATIONAL" attached to our Airports, I just laugh. These are smaller than a wing or Terminal of any International airport we see overseas.
Lagos, All these airports can accomodate airbus A380, so yes, they can be considered international.
Take a stroll to either of Abuja, Lagos or ph. Maybe u have only booked flights from bayelsa international airport

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Busiest Airports In Nigeria by OVB123: 5:36am On Jul 28, 2020
I dissagree with this write up because they is no Owerri airport and u can not tell me that Osubi airport is busier than Benin airport.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Busiest Airports In Nigeria by helinues: 5:49am On Jul 28, 2020
Sam Mbakwe airport last?
Re: Top 10 Busiest Airports In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:52am On Jul 28, 2020
helinues:
Where is Sam Mbakwe airport?

OVB123:
I dissagree with this write up because they is no Owerri airport and u can not telled me that Osubi airport is busier than Benin airport.
Do you have eyes?
Re: Top 10 Busiest Airports In Nigeria by naijanaso: 6:06am On Jul 28, 2020
dukeprince50:
Lagos, All these airports can accomodate airbus A380, so yes, they can be considered international.
Take a stroll to either of Abuja, Lagos or ph. Maybe u have only booked flights from bayelsa international airport

My dear, I'm not here to count number of flights taken. I won't say so if I am not a frequent Flyer bro. That an Airport can take Airbus A380 is not sufficient. What facilities do we have in place? Even our bag conveyors don't work most of the times. See our toilets. You want to come and tell me that you have flown into International airports because you boarded one local flight from PHC to ABV or from LOS to KAN abi. I was only telling you that our Airports are so substandard, not for you to tell me which airport I've flown from or into. Abeg, no start. Even the LOS airport that I see as the only Airport in Nigeria has disappointed me in two occasions as we will be sweating profusely when waiting for baggages. You know why? No light.
Re: Top 10 Busiest Airports In Nigeria by nony43(m): 6:16am On Jul 28, 2020
dukeprince50:

Oga, even the new airport still under construction in Ebonyi state can take any airbus, our Airports are kitchen to abroad int Airports even Tuface confirmed it sometimes ago when he went to the Airport in Accra Ghana. Make I no even mention the ones in SA

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Busiest Airports In Nigeria by nony43(m): 6:19am On Jul 28, 2020
Biko Sam Mbakwe should be above Calabar airport Calabar is 2 hours to Uyo, and Uyo has its airport so how many states uses Calabar airport? while some people in Anambra, Imo and Abia uses Owerri airport,
Re: Top 10 Busiest Airports In Nigeria by naijanaso: 6:19am On Jul 28, 2020
nony43:

Oga, even the new airport still under construction in Ebonyi state can take any airbus, our Airports are kitchen to abroad int Airports even Tuface confirmed it sometimes ago when he went to the Airport in Accra Ghana. Make I no even mention the ones in SA

No mind am. He came here to type his igno...I no want complete am. Each time I fly back to any our Airports na shame dey catch me.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Busiest Airports In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 28, 2020
nony43:
The Calabar Carnival alone boost traffic to Calabar. and also don't forget there are some companies in Calabar like Lafarge ,Dangote ,etc. and the international conference center ,Obudu cattle ranch and other tourist places. Calabar Airport gets more passengers in December alone than Owerri Airport gets in 6 months . Also, Enugu has the most passengers in South east , most people from Anambra,Ebonyi and Enugu use Enugu Airport, not Owerri airport.
Why do you think Akwa Ibom Air began flying Calabar -Abuja,Lagos -Calabar. that is because Uyo airports does not get a lot of traffic they are going where the money is . Mostly politicians and their family use Uyo Airport , same with Owerri Airport. most visitors to Owerri drive from port harcourt and other south east states .
Re: Top 10 Busiest Airports In Nigeria by dukeprince50: 6:41am On Jul 28, 2020
naijanaso:

My dear, I'm not here to count number of flights taken. I won't say so if I am not a frequent Flyer bro. That an Airport can take Airbus A380 is not sufficient. What facilities do we have in place? Even our bag conveyors don't work most of the times. See our toilets. You want to come and tell me that you have flown into International airports because you boarded one local flight from PHC to ABV or from LOS to KAN abi. I was only telling you that our Airports are so substandard, not for you to tell me which airport I've flown from or into. Abeg, no start. Even the LOS airport that I see as the only Airport in Nigeria has disappointed me in two occasions as we will be sweating profusely when waiting for baggages. You know why? No light.
are u comparing our airports to that of developed countries or against a third world countries? If u are comparing it to the likes of England, Russia etc, then that is bias, an airport does not need to be as big or as busy as the Atlanta int airport or as beautiful as beijing airport to be considered international.
Here in Nigeria and Africa at large, our development is average or mediocre but still its something.
When someone says something is international standard, it doesn't mean it should be among top ten, no, it can be among top 1000 and still be international

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Busiest Airports In Nigeria by proeast(m): 6:44am On Jul 28, 2020
Pappap93:
[s]Murtala Muhammed International Airport,Lagos

Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport ,Abuja

Port Harcourt Interational Airport

Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport

Akanu Ibiam International Airport ,Enugu

Margaret Ekpo International Airport,Calabar

Kaduna International Airport

Benin Airport

Sadiq Abubakar Airport ,Sokoto

Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport,Owerri

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1089542/domestic-aircraft-traffic-nigeria-airports/[/s]

Fake news! This op is totally ignorant of the air traffic situation in Nigeria.
Re: Top 10 Busiest Airports In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:45am On Jul 28, 2020
proeast:

Fake news! This op is totally ignorant of the air traffic situation in Nigeria.
Why not create your own list and include the bush track in your village?
Re: Top 10 Busiest Airports In Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 6:51am On Jul 28, 2020
Pappap93:
The Calabar Carnival alone boost traffic to Calabar. and also don't forget there are some companies in Calabar like Lafarge ,Dangote ,etc. and the international conference center ,Obudu cattle ranch and other tourist places. Calabar Airport gets more passengers in December alone than Owerri Airport gets in 6 months . Also, Enugu has the most passengers in South east , most people from Anambra,Ebonyi and Enugu use Enugu Airport, not Owerri airport.
Why do you think Ibom Air began flying Calabar -Abuja,Lagos -Calabar. that is because Uyo Airport does not get a lot of traffic .They are going where the money is .
Can u just shut up
Calabar plus uyo won't even reach half of owerri traffic ....yet the international wing has not opened and the airport keeps being closed

Re: Top 10 Busiest Airports In Nigeria by proeast(m): 6:54am On Jul 28, 2020
Pappap93:
Why not create your own list and include the bush track in your village?

A simple Google search should educate you about the air traffic situation in Nigeria, but you chose to swim in ignorance.

That list you presented above is absolute trash. Stop spreading fake news!
Re: Top 10 Busiest Airports In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 28, 2020
proeast:

A simple Google search should educate you about the air traffic situation in Nigeria, but you chose to swim in ignorance.

That list you presented above is absolute trash. Stop spreading fake news!
Create your own list and include the bush track in your village .
Re: Top 10 Busiest Airports In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 28, 2020
mrvitalis:

Can u just shut up
Calabar plus uyo won't even reach half of owerri traffic ....yet the international wing has not opened and the airport keeps being closed
The Sam Mbakwe international Motorpark is not viable . Everyone in the south easy uses Enugu Airport. once the Anambra international Airport is complete the one at Enugu and Asaba will become moribund . the list you showed is that 2020 ,2019 or 2018?
Re: Top 10 Busiest Airports In Nigeria by proeast(m): 7:05am On Jul 28, 2020
Pappap93:
[s]The Calabar Carnival alone boost traffic to Calabar. and also don't forget there are some companies in Calabar like Lafarge ,Dangote ,etc. and the international conference center ,Obudu cattle ranch and other tourist places. Calabar Airport gets more passengers in December alone than Owerri Airport gets in 6 months . Also, Enugu has the most passengers in South east , most people from Anambra,Ebonyi and Enugu use Enugu Airport, not Owerri airport.
Why do you think Akwa Ibom Air began flying Calabar -Abuja,Lagos -Calabar. that is because Uyo airports does not get a lot of traffic they are going where the money is . Mostly politicians and their family use Uyo Airport , same with Owerri Airport. most visitors to Owerri drive from port harcourt and other south east states . [/s]

Lazy Nigerian yoot grin
According to this guy, Calabar airport recieves more traffic in December than Owerri airport in 6 months shocked He is not even aware that Owerri airport is far busier than Calabar and Uyo combined, the two combined does not experience half the traffic of Owerri airport!

Owerri airport fluctuate between being the fourth and fifth busiest airport in Nigeria after Lagos, Abuja, and P.H. while it battles with Kano for the 4th and 5th position.

Cross-check facts before coming online to decieve people!
Re: Top 10 Busiest Airports In Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 7:07am On Jul 28, 2020
Pappap93:
The Sam Mbakwe international Motorpark is not viable . Everyone in the south easy uses Enugu Airport. once the Anambra international Airport is complete the one at Enugu and Asaba will become moribund . the list you showed is that 2020 ,2019 or 2018?
Can u just shut up

No wonder owerri airport made more money than all south west airport combined outside Lagos ...even if u ass ilorin

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Busiest Airports In Nigeria by proeast(m): 7:08am On Jul 28, 2020
Pappap93:
[s]The Sam Mbakwe international Motorpark is not viable . Everyone in the south easy uses Enugu Airport. once the Anambra international Airport is complete the one at Enugu and Asaba will become moribund . the list you showed is that 2020 ,2019 or 2018?[/s]

Continue disgracing yourself grin
It's quite obvious that you're not exposed at all and informed people who are reading all these garbage you're dumping here can only shake their heads in disgust.

Stop being dense my brother.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Busiest Airports In Nigeria by nony43(m): 7:10am On Jul 28, 2020
Pappap93:
Why do you think Akwa Ibom Air began flying Calabar -Abuja,Lagos -Calabar. that is because Uyo airports does not get a lot of traffic they are going where the money is . Mostly politicians and their family use Uyo Airport , same with Owerri Airport. most visitors to Owerri drive from port harcourt and other south east states .

Calabar carnival come when once in a year, every state has it's own international conference center na, if you are going to Obudu from Calabar it roughly 6 hours who would attempt that Obudu has it own airstrip, best bet is to land in Enugu then Ebony I then Obudu, Calabar Airport is almost dead most airlines has pulled out E.g Aero etc. I really don't think you know what you are saying, did you know Ph airport is farther to Owerri than Owerri airport to Owerri town. BTW Dangote factory is not in Calabar only Larfarge
Re: Top 10 Busiest Airports In Nigeria by Ilaumoh(m): 7:53am On Jul 28, 2020
Pappap93:
Why is it that some Nigerians like you find's pleasure in lying outrageously...
Firstly this is an old rating far back 2018 Akwa ibom had no Ibom Air..
Secondly In the congratulation message from the governor of Akwa ibom state to Ibom air, he pointed out that expanding of thier fleet to calabar was for some reasons which include 1. Bad accidental road linking calabar to uyo making it ricky to the life of cross riverian plying that road everyday to fly from Uyo Airport..
2. Was because calabar Airport currently houses only one airline (airpeace) flying from there...
3. For christ sake next time verify your comment before posting it for gullibles to believe your lies...
Uyo Airport currently houses 7airlines while calabar 1...
So do the maths which airport should be busiest btw the 2 in 2020?
Far back 2019 Ibom Air alone celebrated their 1 year anniversary with 50000k passenger traffic with only 3 fleet . You can find attached below

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Busiest Airports In Nigeria by MXrep: 10:19pm On Jun 28, 2023
helinues:
Sam Mbakwe airport last?
See data. Sam Mbakwe is 4th. Abuja has overtaken Lagos. The list didn't follow any particular order, check actually number if flights

Re: Top 10 Busiest Airports In Nigeria by MXrep: 10:22pm On Jun 28, 2023
Owerri has maintained 4th for long and will soon dethroned PH and take 3rd.

(1) (Reply)

HELP:I Need Direction From Ikorodu To NPC Office @ Surulere / Dongguan The Commercial Sex Capital Of China. / Best Country To Settle With Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.