Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) (59225 Views)

See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos / 5 Best Airports In Africa / Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Bestmanfornow: 10:12am On Apr 27, 2023

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Antimandatethie(m): 10:18am On Apr 27, 2023
“The same should just happen in Lagos. We are tired of Tinubu.” “Man came out to ask us if it was our business that there were bullion vans in his home. Is it your money? He asked. Why can’t we just rally round Jimi Agbaje and repeat Kwara here?”

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Ooni: 10:23am On Apr 27, 2023
Is the last one an airport?

Quality of leadership in our Southwest region should be seriously questioned.

199 Likes 14 Shares

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by nabiz(m): 10:43am On Apr 27, 2023
Thank you my able governor Dave Umatilla. You have built a legacy for yourself. We will always remember you. I pray the next governor Nwifuru will follow your footsteps

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Bestmanfornow: 10:43am On Apr 27, 2023
Ooni:
Is the last one an airport?
Na so
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Bestmanfornow: 10:44am On Apr 27, 2023
Most viable among them all is Anambra International cargo and passenger Airport

114 Likes

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 10:51am On Apr 27, 2023
[b]Alex Otti I beg of you give Abians Airport. All the other Eastern states has airport only Abia the cursed state.

All thanks to God who liberated Abia from the criminals. [[color=#990000]/b]

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by sonature1: 10:59am On Apr 27, 2023
Ebonyi State is one state with sooooo little and their governor keeps delivering mind-blowing infrastructural projects. Give Dave Umahi the kind of money Lagos or Rivers has, he will turn his state to Dubai.

In fact, other state governors in Nigeria should be taking lectures from him about how he achieved all this with so little.

Someone should create a thread of what Dave Umahi did in 8 years so as to blow people's minds here. When it comes to infrastructure, that man is only in competition with himself.

234 Likes 15 Shares

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by pquaver(m): 11:07am On Apr 27, 2023
sonature1:
Ebonyi State is one state with sooooo little and their governor keeps delivering mind-blowing infrastructural projects. Give Dave Umahi the kind of money Lagos or Rivers has, he will turn his state to Dubai.

In fact, other state governors in Nigeria should be taking lectures from him about how he achieved all this with so little.

Someone should create a thread of what Dave Umahi did in 8 years so as to blow people's minds here. When it comes to infrastructure, that man is only in competition with himself.

Spot on.. I dont know why our people are chasing shadows.. Even Obiano did wonderfully well.. I will take umahi 1 and Obiano 2 as president of igbo extraction b4 Obi onye wayo.. By the time soludo finishes he wewill know if he wilk push obi further down.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by sonature1: 11:12am On Apr 27, 2023
pquaver:

Spot on.. I dont know why our people are chasing shadows.. Even Obiano did wonderfully well.. I will take umahi 1 and Obiano 2 as president of igbo extraction b4 Obi onye wayo.. By the time soludo finishes he wewill know if he wilk push obi further down.

Leadership at the national level transcends building infrastructure. What Peter Obi is proposing is a total overhaul of the Nigerian state (instilling sanity and the rule of law) and expanding our economic frontiers (we call it diversification here).

There's so little the states can do in those areas. We need those more than anything else.

By the way, I noticed that you don't like Peter Obi, so you are likely going to attack him in your rejoinder to this comment. Sorry, bros, I won't react to it.

248 Likes 17 Shares

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:18am On Apr 27, 2023
So loving how busy Anambra airport looks!

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:26am On Apr 27, 2023
sonature1:

Leadership at the national level transcends building infrastructure. What Peter Obi is proposing is a total overhaul of the Nigerian state (instilling sanity and the rule of law) and expanding our economic frontiers (we call it diversification here).

There's so little the state can do in those areas. We need those more than anything else.

By the way, I noticed that you don't like Peter Obi, so you are likely going to attack him in your rejoinder to this comment. Sorry, bros, I won't react to it.

You're so spot on! Peter Obi did his best for Anambra state, and if anyone knows the dire socio-economic and security situation he met on ground....not to mention the distraction he was getting from greedy godfathers whose firm grip on the states finances and politics he was trying to prise off, then one would begin to appreciate better just how much he did for the state! If a Peter Obi had governed states like Rivers, Lagos, Akwa-Ibom or Delta in the last 8 to 16 years, those states would be much better developed and governed today!

148 Likes 13 Shares

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by AwkaFinest: 11:29am On Apr 27, 2023
PROUDIGBO:

You're so spot on! Peter Obi did his best for Anambra state, and if anyone knows the dire socio-economic and security situation he met on ground....not to mention the distraction he was getting from greedy godfathers whose firm grip on the states finances and politics he was trying to prise off, then one would begin to appreciate better just how much he did for the state! If a Peter Obi had governed states like Rivers, Lagos, Akwa-Ibom or Delta in the last 8 to 16 years, those states would be much better developed and governed today!

Ndi chest beater, bikonu, zukwanike.

Is Anambra better than Enugu?
Is Anambra better than Oyo?
Is Anambra better than Kaduna?
Is Anambra better than Kano?

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Father0fjesus: 11:31am On Apr 27, 2023
I don't know who will be using Ebonyi and Ekiti airports. White elephant project for small states that should be looking at doing other things with their revenue.

Enugu airport is not far from Abakaliki. The moment you land in Enugu, the express way takes you to abakaliki straight to the opposite direction.
And no one goes to Ekiti via flight, only few people. No airline will want to invest in Ekiti now. Even Benue that has an airport, their airport is not viable enough for airlines to invest in, most of them fly via Enugu and even as far as Abuja.

The only viable airport here is Anambra. Even at That, For someone like me, if I went to travel to onitsha, with the completion of second Niger bridge, I will prefer to land in Asaba instead of anambra (although it depends on the part of onitsha one is going to), I mostly go to head bridge market and Asaba airport is just the best for me.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by AwkaFinest: 11:33am On Apr 27, 2023
Father0fjesus:
I don't know who will be using Ebonyi and Ekiti airports. White elephant project for small states who should be looking at doing other things with their revenue.

Enufu airport is not far frkm Abakaliki.
And no one goes to Ekiti via flight, only few people. No airline will want to invest in Ekiti now.

Same thing was said about Akwa Ibom when they were building theirs. Today how far?

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:34am On Apr 27, 2023
ChEkWaSIyKe:
[b]Alex Otti I beg of you give Abians Airport. All the other Eastern states has airport only Abia the cursed state.

Abia is not cursed nwokem! The fact they managed to wrestle the state from the visionless and greedy assholes that have held it hostage since 1999 shows the people desire a better state for themselves! They've just been held hostage by the wicked Nigerian style of partisan-politcs and state-capture!

Also, a state airport is good and necessary, but given the challenges the state is facing at the moment it shouldn't be a immediate priority.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:39am On Apr 27, 2023
AwkaFinest:

Ndi chest beater, bikonu, zukwanike.

Is Anambra better than Enugu?
Is Anambra better than Oyo?
Is Anambra better than Kaduna?
Is Anambra better than Kano?

Each state has its strengths and weaknesses! I'm not here to belittle any state or raise one over the other.....my arguments centre around governance!

34 Likes

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Father0fjesus: 11:41am On Apr 27, 2023
ChEkWaSIyKe:

Abia does not need an airport. It will be total waste of time.
Thr owerri cargo airport in ngor-okpala will serve umuahia, owerri and Aba perfectly without any issues. It's very close to Aba and umuahia. Just less than 1hr drive to both places, so it's going to be a waste of scarce resources. Abia needs to focus on some other things and leave airport, they don't need it now.
Here in Lagos, the time it will take you to travel from murtala Mohammed Airport to Ajah is more than the time it will take you to travel from owerri Airport to Aba and umuahia.

Abia should be looking at investing in true value and not some project born out of ego that has a viable alternative.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by AwkaFinest: 11:44am On Apr 27, 2023
PROUDIGBO:

Each state has its strengths and weaknesses! I'm not here to belittle any state or raise one over the other.....my arguments centre around governance!

You claimed if Obi was governor of Rivers, Lagos, Akwa Ibom and Delta, those states would have been better. Then I ask is Anambra better than the other states I listed?
We all know states like Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Delta, Oyo, Enugu, Kano and Kaduna are far better on average than Anambra when all ramifications of governance and development is considered.

26 Likes 8 Shares

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Father0fjesus: 11:46am On Apr 27, 2023
AwkaFinest:

You claimed if Obi was governor of Rivers, Lagos, Akwa Ibom and Delta, those states would have been better. Then I ask is Anambra better than the other states I listed?
We all know states like Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Delta, Oyo, Enugu, Kano and Kaduna are far better on average than Anambra when all ramifications of governance and development is considered.
considering where Anambra was when Peter Obi took over and where Anambra is today and the revenue of the state , I think Anambra has done better than any other state "within that time frame".
I am qu0ting "within that time frame" because I know a lot of people are dumb on nairaland and hardly understand concepts, please don't be one of them

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by SSFeedsNigeria: 11:48am On Apr 27, 2023
SW is indeed a backward region. It's just Lagos that is covering the rot in that part of Nigeria. What they call airports in that region are worse than some bus stations. Even airports in the most remote parts of North are far far better! Look at what they built in Ekiti as airport in 2023, this rubbish won't even be acceptable in South Sudan or Congo but these people think it's okay.

The buses they ride in their cities, be it ibadan, Abeokuta etc are always small and rickety. Their houses too, normal average people won't want to live there. They're the odd ones in Southern Nigeria.

Omo, you can't buy class, if you have it, you have it. If you don't have it, you don't have it.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Father0fjesus: 11:53am On Apr 27, 2023
AwkaFinest:

Same thing was said about Akwa Ibom when they were building theirs. Today how far?
Akwa ibom needs an airport. Akwa ibom is an oil producing state with many oil investments hence there is a market to patronize this airport. There are no market in Ebonyi and Ekiti.
And 2, the proximity of Major towns and cities in akwa ibom to other airports is not near. Port harcourt Airport to uyo is about 2-3 hours journey, Calabsr Airport to uyo is about 2-3 hours hence the airport to ikot epene and Oron, it's about 3-4 hours. So, Akwa Ibom needs an airport

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Bestmanfornow: 11:54am On Apr 27, 2023
Father0fjesus:
I don't know who will be using Ebonyi and Ekiti airports. White elephant project for small states who should be looking at doing other things with their revenue.

Enugu airport is not far from Abakaliki. The moment you land in Enugu, the express way takes you to abakaliki straight to the opposite direction.
And no one goes to Ekiti via flight, only few people. No airline will want to invest in Ekiti now.

The only viable airport here is Anambra. Even at That, For someone like me, if I went to travel to onitsha, with the completion of second Niger bridge, I will prefer to land in Asaba instead of anambra (although it depends on the part of onitsha one is going to), I mostly go to head bridge market and Asaba airport is just the best for me.
You are wrong, it more close to from Onitsha to Asaba, mind the road is free from traffic

5 Likes

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Father0fjesus: 11:55am On Apr 27, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

You are wrong, it more close to from Onitsha to Asaba, mind the road is free from traffic
it's why I said with the "completion of second Niger bridge to ease traffic)
Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Father0fjesus: 11:56am On Apr 27, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

and your map is wrong. That's not how to draw the distance between places on map, especially if it's by road. You are not flying, you have to calculate distance by road route and not straight lines. If you do that, Asaba airport is closer to onitsha by distance on road

28 Likes

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:00pm On Apr 27, 2023
AwkaFinest:

Dude, you're just spoiling for a fight when you're not even understanding the argument! Look at the bigger picture: resources available; security situation met on ground; partisan/political situation confronted with while trying to govern; infrastructure met on ground; etc! Peter Obi had a lot of handicaps and challenges he met on ground when assuming office, yet he still delivered creditably well, especially on HDIs!

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Bestmanfornow: 12:02pm On Apr 27, 2023
Father0fjesus:
and you map is wrong. That's not how to draw the distance of a place on map, especially if it's by road. You are not flying, you have to calculate distance by road route and not straight lines. If you do that, Asaba airport is close to onitsha by distance on road
Mind you majority of those upper and middle class live around Onitsha, Trans nkisi, Nkwelle, which is very close to Anambra International Airport, those close to Asaba is just the industrial layout in Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka will prefer Anambra airport to Asaba

4 Likes

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:05pm On Apr 27, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:
SW is indeed a backward region. It's just Lagos that is covering the rot in that region. What they call airports in that region are worse than say some bus station. Even airports in the most remote parts of North are far far better! Look at what they built in Ekiti as airport in 2023, this rubbish won't even be acceptable in South Sudan or Congo but these people think it's okay.

The buses they ride on in their cities, be it ibadan, Abeokuta etc are always small and rickety. Their houses too, normal average people won't want to live there. They're the odd ones in Southern Nigeria.

Omo, you can't buy class, if you have it, you have it. If you don't have it, you don't have it.

I think the Ekiti airport terminal is a temporay one. Akwa-Ibom still uses a temporary, smaller terminal while waiting for the planned bigger one to be completed.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Father0fjesus: 12:06pm On Apr 27, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

Mind you majority of those upper and middle class live around Onitsha, Trans nkisi, Nkwelle, which is very close to Anambra International Airport, those close to Asaba is just the industrial layout in Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka will prefer Anambra airport than Asaba
I agree with you but I don't agree with the way you determine road distance on map. It's wrong

1 Like

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Bestmanfornow: 12:07pm On Apr 27, 2023
PROUDIGBO:

Dude, you're just spoiling for a fight when you're not even understanding the argument! Look at the bigger picture: resources available; security situation met on ground; partisan/political situation confronted with while trying to govern; infrastructure met on ground; etc! Peter Obi had a lot of handicaps and challenges he met on ground when assuming office, yet he still delivered creditably well, especially on HDIs!
Most of them are just ignorant, let compare the revenue allocations and debt, if Obi had place Anambra in serious debt and didn't save money for the state it would have been difficult for Obiano to build those massive projects without borrowing, Obi built many projects without borrowing, still clear all backlogs salaries, pensions, gratuities wasn't owing anybody before his tenure ended.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by Father0fjesus: 12:10pm On Apr 27, 2023
PROUDIGBO:

I think the Ekiti airport terminal is a temporay one. Akwa-Ibom still uses a temporary, smaller terminal while waiting for the planned bigger one to be completed.
yeah, but Ekiti does not need an airport for now.
Even Ibadan Airport, as big as ibadan is still very much not viable as many airports in Nigeria.
Calabar Airport, Crossriver is wealthier, bigger and more cosmopolitan than Ekiti still is not as busy as airports Lagos, Abuja, Port harcourt, owerri, Benin and Kano.

Infact, owerri has about 4 more traffic than calabar, not to talk of an airport in Ekiti. Waste of time

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:11pm On Apr 27, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

Most of them are just ignorance, let compare the revenue allocation and debt, if Obi had place Anambra in serious debt and didn't save money for the state it would have been difficult for Obiano to build those massive projects without borrowing

Exactly!

Peter Obi is a good manager of scarce resources and could squeeze water out of a stone! shocked

28 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Truck Crushes Highlander Jeep On Its Way To Abuja. All Lives Lost (Graphic Pics) / FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic / South Africa denies Nigeria visa-free status, grants Ghana - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.