Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,577 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger (7956 Views)

Blogger Seun Oloketuyi Arrested For False Publications About Bank CEOs / Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital / Key Stone Bank Fires Senior Management Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 11, 2011
Mobinga:

There's also a hardware, traditional method.

The dudes must be seriously dull, 7 of them? I can carry out that thing single handedly and wouldn't get caught.

Check your PC's you might just have ardamax chilling somewhere in your hard disk.
cool
bros,this info no be 4 public forums like this oo,hmm my hand no dey ooo
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by Mobinga: 2:02pm On Feb 11, 2011
Kekeke cool Your hand dey.
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by bestinlife: 2:52pm On Feb 11, 2011
its a pity cheesy
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by nvo5(f): 2:58pm On Feb 11, 2011
They all look hungry expect for two(2), if the bank Job is not
paying them well, they would have looked else where, instead
of this Shameful Act. well some of them might be innocent  
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by bestinlife: 3:01pm On Feb 11, 2011
let dem face d consequences of their actions
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by denzel2009: 3:18pm On Feb 11, 2011
conquerorb:

@denzen2009, you would have still made your point without classifying/grouping earlier contributors as 'fools' ,you kw.

Nah bro,that was meant for the bank foools.
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by tlops(m): 4:43pm On Feb 11, 2011
Nigeria's problem is hydra-headed. See as pple still found their way to link the crime to tribe and religion. we've got a long way to go,
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by ikkkkk: 6:33pm On Feb 11, 2011
i see nine people there.
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by chubistone: 8:52pm On Feb 11, 2011
I just felt i should chip in that no one has thought about the fact that some of them might be innocent of the crime. knowing the nigerian police, they probably arrested everyone connected to the matter in any way. Also, is a suspect not still innocent until convicted by a court of law? finally, if they are still suspects (which i assume they are) is it really right (or legal) to brandish their pictures like this? wat if one of them turned out innocent in the end, has his person not been defamed with this picture?, am just thinking, correct me if am wrong.
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by Paulsopulu(m): 11:14pm On Feb 11, 2011
shocked grin shocked shocked Na wa o
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by Paulsopulu(m): 11:17pm On Feb 11, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked let me make seven cos there are seven
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by LinkBtb: 1:12am On Feb 12, 2011
chubistone:

I just felt i should chip in that no one has thought about the fact that some of them might be innocent of the crime. knowing the nigerian police, they probably arrested everyone connected to the matter in any way. Also, is a suspect not still innocent until convicted by a court of law? finally, if they are still suspects (which i assume they are) is it really right (or legal) to brandish their pictures like this? wat if one of them turned out innocent in the end, has his person not been defamed with this picture?, am just thinking, correct me if am wrong.

It is so pathetic that  this kind of gross human rights abuse still take place in Nigeria. Why parade them for the world to see despite referring to them as suspects. We all know when a crime is committed in Nigeria everybody that can be associated with it is summarily arrested as part of "investigations".  Some of these lads may not be involved in any way and by displaying them to the media like this the consequences will be grave for them, their families and friends. Our security agencies should learn to carry out proper investigations and stop this disgraceful practice of parading suspects.
Our media are also very guilty of this human rights abuse. In places where things are done right the media will report that some staff of the bank are being investigated in connection with a suspected fraud - without naming names or displaying pictures (of course they know the consequences as they can be sued and wrecked by compensation claims). It is only when persons have been convicted that you know their identities. In exceptional cases, even when the media or police release the details of a person being questioned, they make it very clear that the person is just a suspect and is presumed innocent, no public display or humiliation and security agencies do the hard work of searching for evidence and not extracting "confessions".
The comments I have seen by folks on this forum only proves the backwardness of the average Nigerian, in his reasoning, thoughts, actions etc.
Almost all the posters have believed the Police and Bank's version of the story, they saw nothing wrong in parading "suspects" and are calling them all sorts of names.
The average Nigerian cannot reason b4 making conclusions or make an informed decision and this is what our politicians know and are capitalizing on.
We have a very very long way to go.
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by igboboy1(m): 9:23am On Feb 12, 2011
yoruba and yahoo yahoo na wa o, Omo Odua una too much gbosa gbosa
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by icool4uus: 1:04pm On Feb 12, 2011
When fraud happens in a bank, every key persons are suspects, some of these guys may be innocent. You know Nigerian Police and their practice, so don't blame the guy with his Bible. At the end of it all, the truth will still come out. Just that Nigerian police have a way of inposing a crime on anybody they decide to.

I have learnt a lesson here, in most branches, most customers comes with their phones, in disguise of having a low battery and the account number they want to pay in money to is in the phone, that you should allow them charge for some minutes for them to retrieve the number. these people might be syndicates.

Only God will save us.

bb: 21FFB76F
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by deadie(m): 4:39pm On Feb 12, 2011
Not to blame the entire Yoruba tribe, but if after the role call all 10 persons involved in the crime had been Igbo's, this thread would certainly have been more interesting.
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by igboboy1(m): 9:43pm On Feb 12, 2011
deadie:

Not to blame the entire Yoruba tribe, but if after the role call all 10 persons involved in the crime had been Igbo's, this thread would certainly have been more interesting.

dont blame gini? talk well, why not? when these rASCALS are busy over running the country they need to be called out, checked and put in order ah ah or are you afraid that the RASCALS will come here and open their mouth?
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by ladoma(m): 2:44pm On Feb 13, 2011
this thread is fast loosing value because of idiots that are allowed to post.Is this a Yoruba ,Igbo or Hausa crime.focus on the crime and not the tribes of the criminals.
is it proper to call all Igbos kidnappers just because kidnapping was rampant in the east or call all Hausa religious fanatics? Arrant balderdash
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by Maicash: 7:48pm On Feb 13, 2011
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thank God, soon all d bad elements in all sphere of our national life will be expose.imagine d havoc they would hv done 2 innocent customers.[quote][/quote]

Thats true, bt God has intervened
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by Canales(m): 11:22am On Feb 14, 2011
Even an Idiot knows wen any form of stealing, theft or robbery is mentioned , an Ibo Man comes to mind. Need not start mentioning names of reknowned Ibo armed robbers.

Am sure this "Hugooh42" of a fool is mentally retarded hence shld be delisted from ds forum. angry angry angry
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by rhamzus(m): 1:33pm On Feb 16, 2011
thats wat i call security lapses. Most companies in Nigeria do less or nothing at all to secure their data. If they had disabled the use of usb port tru GPO or hardware isolation this would not have happened. Any info. leaving the network shld have a signature pattern with encryption which can only b decrypted with a match key or signature.
If i was d M.D , the CSO wuld also get the boot, cos there was no intrusion detection system in place.
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by o3rice: 4:09pm On Feb 16, 2011
bad luck 4 them, since i'm aware they should b properly taken care of, by the law.
tongue
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by Nobody: 10:44am On Feb 17, 2011
No Dulling
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by Tosdrive(m): 1:47pm On Feb 17, 2011
these guys are paying 4 deir past sins, their 100th day is up,
cheesy
i am surprised at hw som pple reason, do they just pretend to b idiots or they jst cnt help it, bringing religion and tribe into this, smh,

""
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by igboboy1(m): 5:35am On Feb 18, 2011
Tosdrive:

these guys are paying 4 deir past sins, their 100th day is up,
cheesy
i am surprised at hw som pple reason, do they just pretend to b idiots or they jst cnt help it, bringing religion and tribe into this, smh, 

""
na u be the i.d.iot since u no fit see this na tribal issue , nwa yoruba ne' me' yahoo yahooo and you are talking like a Rascal, take time o
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by Tosdrive(m): 9:13am On Feb 18, 2011
my apologies to @igbo boi, i get ur point, lipsrsealed
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by lakenz(m): 6:59pm On Feb 18, 2011
We are not sure he is guilty yet o ( not saying this because of d bible o)

Police knows how to catch plenty for more bail cash. remember? ?

I know that one day in naija, entire bank accounts will start to disappear

I fully agree with you. If you know the Nigerian police well enough, you would know that they are so DUMB and too GREEDY to care about the customer or bank's loss(es). When they have cases like this, all they do is make maximum use of the opportunity by arresting as many people as possible. They go to the extent of arresting anybody and everybody that has greeted any of the initial(main) suspects since detecting the fraud.

The most unfortunate thing is that they are not even brilliant enough to crack down on the main culprits through investigation, So they rely on threatening and torturing everybody involved, hoping some would chicken out from beating and confess.

I pray nobody reading this post falls into their trap.
Re: Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger by XerXesNG(m): 6:58am On Apr 11, 2013
This is appalling.
The fact the the Police do not know what they investigated.
Calling a keylogger an extractor.
If they're guilty (if) , then they must have been very dull to just transfer money and leave a trail.

Sometimes I wonder if our Law enforcement is capable of handling any form of digital crime. Example, someone uses your computer to do something illegal. If its traced back to you, you get arrested, further investigation is not carried out not like we have laws on computer usage anyway...

I tell you, some of these people arrested are innocent. The guilty ones are stupid, to use a hardware keylogger.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mexican, Carlos Slim, Is World's Richest Man With $67 Billion / Top 10 Problems Of Large Scale Business In Nigeria / We are looking for these olden days items to buy, N100k - N1million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.