Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,109 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) (46459 Views)

Ned Nwoko's Sports University Of Nigeria Gets FG's License / Don-Davis Archibong Now A Brand Ambassador; Gets A Scholarship (Photos) / 2018 FG Scholarship Awards For Students In Nigerian Tertiary Institution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by salbis(m): 8:11am On Jul 28, 2020
A poor girl being exposed to hard and accident prone job without any form of PPEs. Kudos to FG.
Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by mvem(m): 8:11am On Jul 28, 2020
CharleyBright:
Good News.
This is the type of people govt and organisations should invest on. Not the useless brainless oloshos in Big Brother Naija that they are dashing millions for doing nothing but promiscuity.
is it government that is dashing people millions in bbn...will you force investors on where they want to put their money ?
Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by lexxwiz(m): 8:12am On Jul 28, 2020
I pray FG don’t abandon her along the line.
I don’t trust all these FG scholarships, Na so Dem go just carry person reach half way come scrap program. Abeg o. It’s better you don’t start at all than to start when you don’t intended to finish what you started.

I Dey fear this country.
Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by airminem(f): 8:13am On Jul 28, 2020
Akpa amu oloshi. Nbri na nigeria cheesy
gigante:

Olodo, no be your mate be that. Which one you fit repair, bad belle. Na your type dey shout "Real man is supposed to pay his girlfriend". Anumanu
Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by mrkings84(m): 8:14am On Jul 28, 2020
Congrats to her.
But what happen to all the young boys who are doing same? Why haven't they gotten any assistance?

This is inequality genderly!!

2 Likes

Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by Wantedmiller: 8:16am On Jul 28, 2020
Gender equality.....comes to mind.

am happy for the young girl.,.....

but if you go round a lot of mechanic workshop you will see a lot of younger age in guys.

Does it mean they don't have need for scholarship?

or they don't want to further their education?

or those kind of jobs are meant for men?

or Sympathy don't always see boys?

A lot of questions going through my mind because I have seen kids below that age working in this kind of Environment!
Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by Daddysidhan: 8:19am On Jul 28, 2020
Malawian:
Well, she has been "working" there for ages now, it took Igbo's seeing her to alert the nation. Yoruba people would never have done that for an Igbo.

**Just Triballing Sha.

I remember the story of the gala hawker and the black maria stuff years ago.
In Yorubaland it is either education or learning of craftsmanship, even MC oluomo might have handwork before dashing into agbero work
Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by toprealman: 8:19am On Jul 28, 2020
You can imagine using 15% of the looted funds on scholarship, 20% on healthcare, 10% on research and development, 25% on infrastructural development....then shall we have a country called Nigeria.
Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by FullBlastLight: 8:22am On Jul 28, 2020
Simplyleo:
Yes, that is how it should be.

Anything you do, do it with genuine interest and God will come to your aid.

Unlike some idiots who will join some metals or woods together, then his fellow idiots take pictures/videos, upload same on social media and start screaming "rare talent", "Nigerians are genius", "govt should come to his aid" etc.

Imagine one idiot "invented water generator", another one "invented burner that uses feaces" and illiterates started screaming Buhari should come to his aid. undecided

Popoopla Esther, you really make your people and indeed Nigerians proud. Hopefully, this scholarship doesn't turn out to be audio. Because I recall this is the same ministry that promised 10k monthly stipends to the mother of the football legend, Rashidi Yekini, but failed. undecided

Edited.

For that one asking me if govt actually looked at the burner that uses feaces, pls note biogas is not a new concept. The problem with it is just efficiency, which is very low.

Bros, I beg 2 tell u dt u're too cynical & parochial in thinking!

Even if Biogas is not a new invention, has Nig been producing Biogas? Huh?

All d things we are importing, if Nig can produce same, even though they are not new inventions, won't Nig be reasonably advancing?

PunchLine:

Wharram tryna say is dt, if Nig can mass produce anytin efficiently, even if they are not new inventions, it's stil an advancement & highly commendable especially by right-thinking individuals, because such things wil no longer be imported again, and there are lots of economic benefits 2 that already!

Pls stop being unnecessarily acidic & antagonistic 2 pple's earnest efforts 2 better things!

Meanwhile, it's ur type dt can't even use ordinary needle & thread 2 attach a fallen button 2 a shirt!

Biko, change ur thought pattern along dis line!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by AnanseK(m): 8:27am On Jul 28, 2020
I appreciate her zeal and there is dignity in labour. But what exactly does she do ? I wish her supervisor would comment on her talents her learning ability and technical effectiveness and prospects in the job.

I could be a worker in a mechanical workshop just cleaning and handing out tools to technical staff or even fetching water and making sure the place is tidy.
Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 28, 2020
Good.
This is the kind of thing I like to see.
This will encourage other young people.
Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by Damoche10: 8:30am On Jul 28, 2020
And you dey believe FG scholarship abi? I see her abandoned almost immediately by the same govt and people in government that approved her scholarship. Nigeria is a jungle!
Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by Teejay13(m): 8:32am On Jul 28, 2020
Weldone honorable minister for intervening and to precious Ada for leading the campaign for action.
Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by pacespot(m): 8:32am On Jul 28, 2020
All this eye service they are doing. make the system work and everybody will benefit from it, instead of picking one in a million youth to show off. i havent heard american government doing this because america has a system that works for everyone.
Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by micflo28(m): 8:36am On Jul 28, 2020
Alot more kids needs a scholarship. Reach out to them too
Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by Essence20(m): 8:38am On Jul 28, 2020
Nice one.
Benefits of internet in this present dispensation can never be overemphasized.
Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by saajus: 8:39am On Jul 28, 2020
This is a common trend now and I'm not too fond of it. Go viral and receive help. Blessing, "nobesay I nogo pay", Govt fixed her. The Imo boy with Opera Voice, Govt fixed him. The Asthmatic LAWMA guy went viral, Govt/people fixed him. This method is not sustainable. There are millions of out of school children like Blessing that this one-by-one method may never reach till they die. Let's build systems and processes that will naturally fish out talents among us.
Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by ayenale1(m): 8:45am On Jul 28, 2020
Let's forget the girl i admire the lady in blue jeans, she's hot...jus looking and looking at her posture like kilode...simplicity.
Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by Cmanforall: 8:47am On Jul 28, 2020
EBMedia:
17-Years-Old Girl Who Trended Online For Repairing Heavy Vehicle Forklift Gets FG's Scholariship (Photos)

IgbereTV reports that the Federal Government has promised to sponsor a 17-years-old girl, Popoopla Esther who went viral on the internet on Saturday, July 25, for repairing a forklift.

A Twitter user @ThepreciousAda who said her dad saw the girl at work posted in a series of tweets:

Later on, the Nigerian federal government through the minister of youth and sports, Sunday Dare, on Monday, July 27, said the federal government will give her a scholarship. Sunday asked @ThepreciousAda to quickly share her contact details for the facilitation of the scholarship.

Below is his tweet confirming it:

https://twitter.com/ThepreciousAda/status/1287670104424173568?s=19

See pictures of the girl below.

https://igberetvnews.com/1359604/17-years-old-girl-trended-online-repairing-heavy-vehicle-forklift-gets-fgs-scholariship-photos/
Nice!
I wish the boy in that pic also gets help.... If he needs it
Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by mamaafrik(m): 8:50am On Jul 28, 2020
Go madam name sake,kudos to this network that God used to pick madam popo's call.
We only have two ministers in Buhari government,Sunday dare and Amaechi,
oothers are nothing but group of ereja esebes grin grin grin

This is the power of prayeroooo,why is no one is seeing the little boy in the picture,omaseooo
Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by allcomage: 8:54am On Jul 28, 2020
This is a really slay queen in the making. Opportunity will always locate one where he/she is working hard.Techinical skills are lacking in the country while every tom, dick and Harry is looking for paper certificate in music, philosophy, social studies etc that has no value to our immediate needs.I would prefer government send her to a good technical school for two years and use the money for university to set up a modern workshop for her.
Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by Stillthebest: 9:02am On Jul 28, 2020
Cammo:
Kudos, girl! Your mom should be proud of you!
If this type comes out and says she's a feminist I'll listen. Not all these smelly-pant gold-diggers looking for rich men and male celebrities to accuse of rape and their jobless, olosho asslickers on Nairaland.

And her dad will be "unproud" of her!
Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by nogragra: 9:04am On Jul 28, 2020
EBMedia:
17-Years-Old Girl Who Trended Online For Repairing Heavy Vehicle Forklift Gets FG's Scholariship (Photos)

IgbereTV reports that the Federal Government has promised to sponsor a 17-years-old girl, Popoopla Esther who went viral on the internet on Saturday, July 25, for repairing a forklift.

A Twitter user @ThepreciousAda who said her dad saw the girl at work posted in a series of tweets:

Later on, the Nigerian federal government through the minister of youth and sports, Sunday Dare, on Monday, July 27, said the federal government will give her a scholarship. Sunday asked @ThepreciousAda to quickly share her contact details for the facilitation of the scholarship.

Below is his tweet confirming it:

https://twitter.com/ThepreciousAda/status/1287670104424173568?s=19

See pictures of the girl below.

https://igberetvnews.com/1359604/17-years-old-girl-trended-online-repairing-heavy-vehicle-forklift-gets-fgs-scholariship-photos/
This Minister is one guy to be watched for future. Not only is his aura good for Nigerian sports (see recent developments and associated good image imerging from sports). He's one person I admire so much in that he's a true Omoluabi. No noise making but action packed and pro people, all herbinger for progress and growth. Not all these noisy Kleptomaniacs in high places making noise and nothing to show for it. More greese to your elbow Mr Minister.
Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 9:05am On Jul 28, 2020
God Pick up my call
Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by Ritchiee: 9:07am On Jul 28, 2020
Good one there from the Buhari.
Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by mechanics(m): 9:16am On Jul 28, 2020
Wow, she's really determined to succeed, not like those lazy slay queens.
Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by hardbody: 9:30am On Jul 28, 2020
You people have said everything I wanted to say. Let me just be reading.
Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by ekerintee: 9:32am On Jul 28, 2020
I think it's good you appreciate the government on this ,the government cannot help everyone,when God says your help will come thru the government ,so be it.if not,you can shout from morning to night ,nothing will happen .The girl is lucky that she has been located and I hope something good comes out of it .you don't get experience in the classroom or in universities,u get it on the field .our graduates are good but most of them lack experience,I don't stay in the country but I must say that the difference bw a Nigerian graduate and others in the world is exposure and experience .most of our youth are after money and not experience.This girl may not be good academically but she seems good practically ,so the best option is for her to be sent for technical training outside the country.most of the chinese and foreign expert don't have much education but have passed thru technical training .just my own opinion and I don't mean to criticize you.u are entitled to your own opinion

quote author=Rgade post=92186761] lipsrsealed Ehe they have arrived, about time.
Stupid government that craves publicity all the time like an upcoming artistes or a "philanthropist" planning on joining politics.
How many Nigerians have been given scholarships? How many Nigerians need it, but this is currently the most pressing need of the country at the moment, because she trended.
Always looking for the next trending needy person to rush in and "help" and then receive adulations as a government that cares.
Look at our police for instance,a woman will get raped and report to the police station and they will simply dismiss her, some will even beg you to forgive the rapist and forget the case, but once the case hits Twitter and Facebook and starts trending like fire you'll immediately see them running around like fools, arresting suspects and parading them before cameras, claiming active and competent.
That's also how they threat every other case.
Funny enough it's their incompetence and failure in the first place that's putting Nigerians in those vulnerable and pathetic conditions they love to prey on.

Kudos to the girl tho,I have nothing but respect and admiration for you. As a so called Engineering student, I know how many of us that can even identify a spanner.[/quote]
Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by olaodun: 9:43am On Jul 28, 2020
17 YEARS OLD GIRL REPAIRING FORKLIFT ENGINE AND GOT SCHOLARSHIP
This how to develop a nation , an Ibo man discovered the strong determination and commitment of the lady as a xtian learning under a muslim man and post it online .We should put away ethnicity , and religious bias which had divided us as hinder our progress as a nation we should support creativity, handwork and transparency like a man in far away Japan who is an Ibo man who saw a wallet full of money and returned it to the owner we all appreciate him for his honesty and making Nigeria great
Re: Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) by skyhighweb(m): 9:55am On Jul 28, 2020
they will soon forget u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Largest Mega Primary School In Borno State (Photos) / Mmesoma Ejikeme Gets Scholarship Sponsorship To The UK From Bitcoin Chief / Ahmadu Bello University Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.