Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,119 members, 7,953,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:26 PM

History Of Galilei: Man Who Used Astronomical Telescope To Prove Heliocentricity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / History Of Galilei: Man Who Used Astronomical Telescope To Prove Heliocentricity (325 Views)

Pastor Michael Todd Coughs & Rubs Spit On Members Face To Prove A Point / Pastor EA Adeboye: Biography, Age, Family, History Of Rccg And Many More / Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

History Of Galilei: Man Who Used Astronomical Telescope To Prove Heliocentricity by OtemAtum: 11:51am On Jul 28, 2020
Aristarchus, Copernicus et al. have already established that the earth and other planets were revolving around the sun, contrary to bible beliefs and the belief of the Catholic Church that it was the sun that revolves around the earth. Then came Galileo Galilei who made an Astronomical telescope to ascertain this fact which was mocked by the Christians and the church. Here is the history of Galilei:

Pivadra 18: 1-45

1. From the 280,001st year of the homo sapiens to the 281,500th year of the homo sapiens era, different religions of the world had persecuted and killed thousands of scientists.
2. Now in Europe, 13,561 philosophers and scientists had been killed by the Christians, 7,215 had been killed by the Muslims while the other religions had killed 4,213 altogether.
3. In Asia 10,456 philosophers and scientists were killed by the Christians, 12,561 killed by the Muslims while 8,118 were killed by other religions altogether.
4. In both South and North America, 1,123 philosophers and scientists were killed by the Christians, 479 killed by the Muslims while the other religions put together had killed 234.
5. In the continent of Australia and its environs, the Christians had killed 976 philosophers and scientists, the Muslim killed 576 while other religions altogether killed 178.
6. Also in the Northern and Eastern part of Africa, the Christians had killed 8,288 philosophers and scientists, the Muslims had killed 7,546 while other religions put together had killed 823.
7. In those days many religions had arisen with different concepts of the earth, each believing in one god or the other as the God Almighty.
8. Now these religions hindered many people all over the world from critical thinking, killing and maiming philosophers and potential scientists.
9. In those days, in the 16th century, Galileo Galilee, a wise man of Italy, began to observe that the earth and other planets were indeed revolving around the sun.
10. Now when the church of Rome heard this, they said among themselves, this is heresy, for we know that the bible has revealed that it is the sun that moves around the earth and not the other way round.
11. Now Galilee was called and tried, saying, it is either you renounce your confession or you shall be tried with death as we have done to many like you.
12. Remember the death of Thanos, one who declared that humanity is capable of achieving whatever their minds could conceive.
13. We did not spare him for his heresies because he has glorified humans more than our god.
14. Remember also the death of Silvanus, a man who said that it is possible to view far objects as if they are closer.
15. We decapitated him after stoning him to death.
16. For it is witchcraft to think and imagine that a man is capable of making far objects appear closer. For that is exactly what you have also attempted by the telescope which you have made through witchcraft.
17. And you think that you are wiser than the great Ptolemy who saw how the sun revolves around the earth.
18. Is it not common sense for you to see that the sun truly revolves around the earth? For Joshua the great one of the bible said this in his days.
19. And only in his days did he make the sun to stand still. And if you observe the sun, you will see how it rises in the east and sets in the west daily.
20. What have you to say about this?
21. Now Galilei said, you cannot know so much about things of nature through far distance observation. Therefore I have made the telescope, look through it and you shall observe the truth.
22. Now the pope and other Noble members of the Roman Catholic Church got provoked and said, you have made a device which is made to look like a bottomless pit.
23. We shall not look through it, for it will enchant and blind us. For we know your evil intention.
24. Now Galilee, if you will save your life, you should denounce your profession and come fully to Christianity and you shall be given an office.
25. Now Galilee said, to preserve my life I shall consent to your request, but let no office be giving to me in Christianity.
26. So Galilee was put in prison by the Christians without any intention of setting him free, because he told them the truth of nature.
27. Now when Galilei was in prison, a letter reached him, which had been written by Kepler his friend just before his death three years before.
28. Now Galilei read saying, my friend Galilei, let the strength of the universe be with you. I write this letter because I do not know if I will see you physically anymore.
29. You know how I have worked as an astronomer all my lives and I have discovered the truth. I have supported Copernicus in his heliocentric theory.
30. But only one thing I have not been able to make sense of; that is the reconciliation of the Christian religion with science.
31. When I could not see how Jehovah, Jesus and the Holy Spirit could fit into our discoveries, I began to perceive them as the sun, the stellar sphere and the space in between in that order.
32. But O Galilei, I think this still does not make any sense, therefore I urge you, if you will stay longer on earth, to make sure you separate science from religion.
33. For it is possible that the thing which we could call God is not found in religion at all but in science itself.
34. Therefore O Galilei, no matter what you discover, do not ascribe it to a god in religion, but to an unknown universal maker.
35. For as we make discoveries of things which even the bible is ignorant of, so shall we make discoveries of what is qualified to be called God in the future.
36. Now when Galilei saw the letter, he wept bitterly, for the death of Kepler had left him lonely in the past three years.
37. Now Galilei wrote a letter and gave it to one of his students who came to visit him in the house which served as his prison.
38. And he had written in the letter, saying, let no astronomer and true scientists panic over what the church had made me to say.
39. For truly I was offered life if only I could recant my knowledge of the truth. And I did so, only to stay alive.
40. For only the living and not the dead can have hope.
41. I do not support Ptolemy but Copernicus, for I do not only believe it, but I also saw it through my telescope that the earth revolves around the sun and not the other way round.
44. For the Christians, being myopic, have said contrary to this truth.
45. Now Galilei died nine years after he was imprisoned, for he was sick of fever and he was abandoned by the Catholic Church who imprisoned him.

2 Likes

Re: History Of Galilei: Man Who Used Astronomical Telescope To Prove Heliocentricity by karo93: 2:52pm On Jul 28, 2020
The arguments against religions these days are lack of proof. I rilly think you should show the world proof so the world can take these writings seriously.....

Maybe the God you represent should write his name in the sky or tell you the cure for cancer.

Without signs and supernatural experiences, you are not bringing any new thing to the table of religion.

The bible and quran have been around for roughly 2000 years and people still doubt their authenticity. Why should anyone even think your writings are anything more than cooked up stories?

My concern is that you are introducing historical facts into your stories and destroying the importance of these facts because a good number of people believe that the things you write are cooked up.

I come in peace.
Re: History Of Galilei: Man Who Used Astronomical Telescope To Prove Heliocentricity by OtemAtum: 3:04pm On Jul 28, 2020
karo93:
The arguments against religions these days are lack of proof. I rilly think you should show the world proof so the world can take these writings seriously.....

Maybe the God you represent should write his name in the sky or tell you the cure for cancer.

Without signs and supernatural experiences, you are not bringing any new thing to the table of religion.

The bible and quran have been around for roughly 2000 years and people still doubt their authenticity. Why should anyone even think your writings are anything more than cooked up stories?

My concern is that you are introducing historical facts into your stories and destroying the importance of these facts because a good number of people believe that the things you write are cooked up.

I come in peace.
It's not about what you think or how you feel. It's about how and when nature has chosen to reveal the truth of hidden histories. God Almighty, the Totality of Existence, isn't concerned about what humanity does or doesn't do, it is the gods, its creations that are concerned, so if anyone should want to write anything in the sky at all, then it should be Atum or any of the other beings revealing these histories to me. It will be very interesting to ask them for the reason why they can't write it in the sky for everyone to see.

2 Likes

Re: History Of Galilei: Man Who Used Astronomical Telescope To Prove Heliocentricity by 0temSapien: 7:51am On Aug 05, 2020
Time for history

2 Likes

Re: History Of Galilei: Man Who Used Astronomical Telescope To Prove Heliocentricity by OtemAtum: 9:41am On Aug 15, 2020
Learn

2 Likes

Re: History Of Galilei: Man Who Used Astronomical Telescope To Prove Heliocentricity by OtemAtum: 8:42am On Aug 19, 2020
Learn history

1 Like

Re: History Of Galilei: Man Who Used Astronomical Telescope To Prove Heliocentricity by melodyogonna(m): 11:31am On Aug 20, 2020
karo93:

I come in peace.
Wow, I thought everyone knew Galileo and how he was imprisoned by the Roman Catholic for his scientific research? Even my Google keyboard auto-completes the name.
Re: History Of Galilei: Man Who Used Astronomical Telescope To Prove Heliocentricity by karo93: 1:08pm On Aug 20, 2020
melodyogonna:

Wow, I thought everyone knew Galileo and how he was imprisoned by the Roman Catholic for his scientific research? Even my Google keyboard auto-completes the name.

Read the last paragraph of the message u quoted...... It says "introducing historical facts...."

Facts.....They are facts....Galileo's story is an undeniable fact

(1) (Reply)

" Go Vegeterian". What You Are To Eat As Instructed By God / The Love Story Between Eudoxie Yao And Grand P That Shocked The World / General Yakubu Gowon's Advice To Buhari...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.