Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,724 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency (36780 Views)

Ogun 2023: Supporters Of Segun Showunmi Endorse Him For Governor / 2023: Supporters Of Yahaya Bello Launch Website, To Register 5 Million People / Arochukwu Indigenes Block Senator Kalu's Convoy, Give Him Food Items (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by dukeprince50: 1:02pm On Jul 29, 2020
Blackking98:

The SS does not share this school of thought with you please. Only you Northerners and westerners know why you don't want an Igbo man to be president.
The SS is not party to your club, thank you.
The SS man is also scared of the igbos
Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by millionboi2: 1:05pm On Jul 29, 2020
Maxymilliano:
Sufferheads ...
na dia job b dat
Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by Burruchaga71(m): 1:07pm On Jul 29, 2020
Psalmspsalms:
It really won't be easy at all for an Igbo man to become the president of Nigeria. If we must tell ourselves the truth, we are all gonna agree with me that the first thing that will come to a voter's thought is that if an Igbo man becomes the president, he's gonna make sure biafra comes into existence. To me and many people in Nigeria, even in 100years to come, an igbo man won't become the president of Nigeria. The damage has already been done.
Its just my thinking.
. Trash as usual
Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by Blackking98(m): 1:10pm On Jul 29, 2020
dukeprince50:
Scared? How? We're just wary of the three big tribes as we have every right not to trust them. But Igbo presidency is not something an average SS man is afraid of concerned about. It's the Yorubas and northerners that have their agenda about it not us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by Johnsown1(m): 1:17pm On Jul 29, 2020
Ibasalin:
That's country we find ourselves, using poverty to manipulate masses to rub them their future. Only God can help
But some of our youths are not helping at all. Someone will be sitting in a betting shop the whole day and will be reluctant to do manial jobs.
Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by Risentouch(m): 1:28pm On Jul 29, 2020
All I see here is hunger stricken fellows waiting for him to drop some change
Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by Ibasalin(m): 1:33pm On Jul 29, 2020
Johnsown1:

But some of our youths are not helping at all. Someone will be sitting in a betting shop the whole day and will be reluctant to do manial jobs.
You got right bro, no body want work but everybody want ride Benz what a day dream!
Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by dukeprince50: 1:48pm On Jul 29, 2020
Blackking98:

Scared? How? We're just wary of the three big tribes as we have every right not to trust them. But Igbo presidency is not something an average SS man is afraid of concerned about. It's the Yorubas and northerners that have their agenda about it not us.
we said same thing, I just said mine in simple words, we are on the same boat bro.
Personally I don't care about SE presidency, whether they become the president or not is not my problem, I'm just careful about the big three, and what will become of SS minorities if Biafra is achieved.
Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by omenka(m): 1:50pm On Jul 29, 2020
BRASH:
Make me understand something here. Are you trying to justify this because Ortom also did it? Are we now into a competition of stupidity between APC and PDP thieves? It doesn't matter who has done it before. In your opinion,it right or wrong? Not everything is competition.
Who said anything about APC and PDP?

Both of them belong to the same party.
Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by Blackking98(m): 1:50pm On Jul 29, 2020
dukeprince50:
we said same thing, I just said mine in simple words, we are on the same boat bro.
Personally I don't care about SE presidency, whether they become the president or not is not my problem, I'm just careful about the big three, and what will become of SS minorities if Biafra is achieved.
Exactly bro so they can be president of they want to.
We don't want to be associated in the same country with Igbo hausa and Yoruba if nigerias dissolution comes, remember once bitten twice shy.
Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by afesco: 2:51pm On Jul 29, 2020
Jobless people
Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by bizhop01: 2:52pm On Jul 29, 2020
APGA presidential candidate grin

Party for chicks, according to their logo.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by mechanics(m): 3:07pm On Jul 29, 2020
Hmmmmm, sycophants.
Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by Lanquart: 3:19pm On Jul 29, 2020
*NOT IGBO PRESIDENCY BUT NIGERIA PRESIDENT OF IGBO EXTRACTION* POWERED BY *JUSTICE AND EQUITY GROUP (JEG)*

*VACANCY FOR STATE COORDINATORS*

Are you a Nigerian (18 years and Above) and share in our vission and Mission of electing Nigeria President of Igbo extraction in 2023? If yes, we are searching for volunteers to work as State Coordinators in all the 36 states of Nigeria and FCT.

*Qualifications*:
(1). Must possess a minimum of O. Level Certificate.
(2) Must be above 18 years
(3) Must be financially independent to sponsor him / her self to meetings
(4) Must be resident in the state he/she is applying to coordinate
(5) Must be verse in Nigeria politics
(6) Must be ready to work with little or no supervisions .
(7) Must posses voters card .

*METHOD OF APPLICATION*:

Address your application to :
Chiarman of State Coordinator's screening committee, Justice and Equity Group, Promoters of *NOT IGBO PRESIDENCY BUT NIGERIA PRESIDENT OF IGBO EXTRACTION* stating your name, phone number,age ,state applying to coordinate,name and address of next of kin and send it via WhatsApp to 08069002604.
Closing date for submission of application is Monday, 3rd August 2020.
Sign:
Management.

Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by Johnsown1(m): 3:29pm On Jul 29, 2020
Ibasalin:
You got right bro, no body want work but everybody want ride Benz what a day dream!

I pity them
Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by Mars16(m): 3:33pm On Jul 29, 2020
pyyxxaro:
Bunch of Comedians

Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by Mars16(m): 3:36pm On Jul 29, 2020
When we're ready we'll move forward to development, what I see here is just a group of blind; blinded by poverty, ignorance, ethnicity and bigotry.
Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by Buliyaminuolat: 4:48pm On Jul 29, 2020
I don't know what i will call this but to me is a joke i didn't dispute that Ibo can't become president but not looters people
Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by Letzgo: 5:09pm On Jul 29, 2020
[quote author=Handsomecole post=92197642]A mild drama ensued at the Sam Mbakwe Airport, Owerri as the Chief Whip of the Senate, Orji Uzor Kalu was held hostage by supporters who insisted he must declare his readiness to run for President in 2023 before leaving the airport.

The Chief Whip of the Senate and former Governor of Abia State, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu made his first entrance to the South-East, almost two months after his release from the Kuje custodial centre.

Senator Orji Uzor Kalu arrived the Domestic Wing of the Sam Mbakwe Airport, Owerri at exactly, 1:32 pm via a private jet and was making his way out of the arrival when he was accosted by thousands of supporters. The visibly elated crowd made it nearly impossible for the former Governor to access his vehicle as they insisted he must declare his interest before they allow him leave.

The Senator, however waved at his supporters and asked them to in his words “Only thank God for me” before he was whisked into a waiting vehicle.

The office of the Chief Whip of the Senate had earlier issued a directive appealing to well-wishers and supporters to respect the COVID-19 regulations and avoid gatherings to celebrate his homecoming, a directive which they clearly were not ready to adhere to.

The drama continued as his convoy arrived Abia state as thousands of his supporters defied the rain to welcome him.

Shouts of “OUK our President” rent the air while his convoy made its way through the streets.

Meanwhile, All Progressives Congress (APC) Abia state chapter, in a statement signed by the publicity secretary Comrade Benedict Godson has welcomed the former Governor to the state.

The statement reads as follows “Today, our leader makes a triumphant entry into Abia, as a journey towards reclaiming our state begins In our part of the world. Today, after the much-failed efforts made to curse a man whom God has already blessed, that man is coming in to take his rightful place as our leader. He’s the APC leader in the South East of Nigeria, he’s Abia State political leader no matter the party you belong and he’s the man whom everybody gives the respect as Abia Original leader.

In Another statement released by the Movement for the Emancipation of Igbo People and signed by its National Coordinator Kelechi Okoye, the organization declared that “For those who sent Senator Orji Uzor Kalu to jail because of 2023, we shall use the same man to teach them a lesson about the resilience of the Igbo man.

We shall make sure he declares and runs for President come 2023 and we shall put them to eternal shame. In the coming months the whole nation will hear the voice of the Igbo people and it will be loud, clear and deafening”

The Senator is yet to make a statement to confirm or deny if he he will be joining the Presidential race in 2023, insisting he is still having a sober reflection on the events of the past months.

Funny people.
Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by pasol4real(m): 5:33pm On Jul 29, 2020
Psalmspsalms:
It really won't be easy at all for an Igbo man to become the president of Nigeria. If we must tell ourselves the truth, we are all gonna agree with me that the first thing that will come to a voter's thought is that if an Igbo man becomes the president, he's gonna make sure biafra comes into existence. To me and many people in Nigeria, even in 100years to come, an igbo man won't become the president of Nigeria. The damage has already been done.
Its just my thinking.
Thank God you said it’s your thinking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by Cajal(m): 6:37pm On Jul 29, 2020
pharmagba:
Should it be under PDP or APC?

Just thinking aloud?
..is there any difference between them
Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by vasco01(m): 8:00pm On Jul 29, 2020
This people want make baba take Kali ba to prison oooooo
Unna redig his case with EFCC ne?

Make them no make baba put an eye ooooo
Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by skukz(m): 8:10pm On Jul 29, 2020
Don't mind them
these are paid bunch of miscreants. if we needed an Igbo president,it MUST be Peter Obi.

the likes of Orji uzor ,T.A Orji & Rochas Okorocha etc are not Leaders but Looters
Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by Henri8: 10:50pm On Jul 29, 2020
Where the supporters?
Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by REDDEVILS1(m): 11:57pm On Jul 29, 2020
Tụfịakwa biko I need to escape from this country with my family. Alụ suffer no dey tire these fools
Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by Killdemboth: 12:43am On Jul 30, 2020
jaxxy:
Why are some people useless in this country

So Igbo’s don’t have credibile people who can vy for president?

But you want a more dreaded rogue Tinubu to be President.
Are you not very hopeless?
Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by Killdemboth: 1:03am On Jul 30, 2020
OMOADEPOJU:
Who cursed this country like this?

Until Tinubu is thrown in jail every other politician in Nigeria is holy, Tinubu is a walking corruption.
Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by Killdemboth: 1:11am On Jul 30, 2020
ODB2:
Igbo people no well for head at all

Your tribe is the most useless and senseless on earth
You saw your rogue leader carrying bullion vans of money on election eve yet he is relaxed in his home like nothing happened, are you people not having mental problem? So persecuting other people's elites dey sweet you but your should be untouched huh? After all Abia is not Yoruba state so why is his corruption paining you? Shebi that's what you people always say when the issue of Tinubu's looting comes up, you say he's not stealing from our state so we should leave him alone, why don't you want to do the same here?? You hypocrites.
Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by Killdemboth: 1:17am On Jul 30, 2020
dukeprince50:

Keep fooling yourself Yoruba man, thinking you'd use this "scared of Igbos" narrative to pave way for yourselves. We are a brave tribe and we Love who loves us and hate who hates us, at least we don't pretend like Yoruba snakes do. SS knows the difference between SE and SW, at least your betrayal of Jonathan alone have made you "politically unreliable" in the sight of the whole Southern Nigeria.
Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by Killdemboth: 1:18am On Jul 30, 2020
Blackking98:

Gbam
Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by dukeprince50: 5:20am On Jul 30, 2020
Killdemboth:

Keep fooling yourself Yoruba man, thinking you'd use this "scared of Igbos" narrative to pave way for yourselves. We are a brave tribe and we Love who loves us and hate who hates us, at least we don't pretend like Yoruba snakes do. SS knows the difference between SE and SW, at least your betrayal of Jonathan alone have made you "politically unreliable" in the sight of the whole Southern Nigeria.
wow, I'll just avoid u, u are pained.
By the way, in my post, I didn't name my tribe, how do u come to the conclusion that I am Yoruba claiming SS?
Re: 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency by Dogogo1900: 6:15am On Jul 30, 2020
Handsomecole:
A mild drama ensued at the Sam Mbakwe Airport, Owerri as the Chief Whip of the Senate, Orji Uzor Kalu was held hostage by supporters who insisted he must declare his readiness to run for President in 2023 before leaving the airport.

The Chief Whip of the Senate and former Governor of Abia State, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu made his first entrance to the South-East, almost two months after his release from the Kuje custodial centre.

Senator Orji Uzor Kalu arrived the Domestic Wing of the Sam Mbakwe Airport, Owerri at exactly, 1:32 pm via a private jet and was making his way out of the arrival when he was accosted by thousands of supporters. The visibly elated crowd made it nearly impossible for the former Governor to access his vehicle as they insisted he must declare his interest before they allow him leave.

The Senator, however waved at his supporters and asked them to in his words “Only thank God for me” before he was whisked into a waiting vehicle.

The office of the Chief Whip of the Senate had earlier issued a directive appealing to well-wishers and supporters to respect the COVID-19 regulations and avoid gatherings to celebrate his homecoming, a directive which they clearly were not ready to adhere to.

The drama continued as his convoy arrived Abia state as thousands of his supporters defied the rain to welcome him.

Shouts of “OUK our President” rent the air while his convoy made its way through the streets.

Meanwhile, All Progressives Congress (APC) Abia state chapter, in a statement signed by the publicity secretary Comrade Benedict Godson has welcomed the former Governor to the state.

The statement reads as follows “Today, our leader makes a triumphant entry into Abia, as a journey towards reclaiming our state begins In our part of the world. Today, after the much-failed efforts made to curse a man whom God has already blessed, that man is coming in to take his rightful place as our leader. He’s the APC leader in the South East of Nigeria, he’s Abia State political leader no matter the party you belong and he’s the man whom everybody gives the respect as Abia Original leader.

In Another statement released by the Movement for the Emancipation of Igbo People and signed by its National Coordinator Kelechi Okoye, the organization declared that “For those who sent Senator Orji Uzor Kalu to jail because of 2023, we shall use the same man to teach them a lesson about the resilience of the Igbo man.

We shall make sure he declares and runs for President come 2023 and we shall put them to eternal shame. In the coming months the whole nation will hear the voice of the Igbo people and it will be loud, clear and deafening”

The Senator is yet to make a statement to confirm or deny if he he will be joining the Presidential race in 2023, insisting he is still having a sober reflection on the events of the past months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rohVIfYVx00

https://corenews247.com/news/2023-presidency-igbos-insist-kalu-must-run-as-he-returns-home/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. / Mammoth Crowd Waiting For Mr President In Kano / Senator Uche Ekwunife Decamps To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.