Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,641 members, 7,861,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 02:30 AM

Gov Fashola Comes To The Rescue Of Ailing Actor Ifeanyi Dike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Fashola Comes To The Rescue Of Ailing Actor Ifeanyi Dike (704 Views)

Abba Kyari Honoured For The Rescue Of Abducted Ikorodu School Girls / Abba Kyari Meets Ambode After The Rescue Of Kidnapped Lagos Schoolgirls / Police Releases Press Statement On The Rescue Of Chief Olu Falae (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Fashola Comes To The Rescue Of Ailing Actor Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 3:32pm On Feb 09, 2011
Sources say Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola last week came to the rescue of ailing actor, Prince Ifeanyi Dike, who has been down with kidney problem. He needed 7million naira to help him pay for his trip to India and a kidney transplant. No one knows exactly how much the Governor donated, but the AGN's Board of Trustee chairman now has enough to fly to India to get treatment. He will be leaving Nigeria sometime this month.

God bless the Governor for helping, now how about esther? Please God send a helper her way.

http://lindaikeji..com/2011/02/gov-fashola-comes-to-rescue-of-ailing.html
Re: Gov Fashola Comes To The Rescue Of Ailing Actor Ifeanyi Dike by Afam4eva(m): 3:36pm On Feb 09, 2011
Ifeanyi Dike with kidney problem? I saw him like two months ago in Ikeja looking healthy. This is good gesture from Fashola.
Re: Gov Fashola Comes To The Rescue Of Ailing Actor Ifeanyi Dike by Kennyblues(m): 3:40pm On Feb 09, 2011
A 'Rascal Gov' has come to the rescue, BRF2011 carry go, Eko O ni baje
Re: Gov Fashola Comes To The Rescue Of Ailing Actor Ifeanyi Dike by jason123: 3:42pm On Feb 09, 2011
Kennyblues:

A 'Rascal Gov' has come to the rescue, BRF2011 carry go, Eko O ni baje

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gov Fashola Comes To The Rescue Of Ailing Actor Ifeanyi Dike by yemmight(m): 4:07pm On Feb 09, 2011
BRF, God will reward you.
Re: Gov Fashola Comes To The Rescue Of Ailing Actor Ifeanyi Dike by Kennyblues(m): 4:14pm On Feb 09, 2011
For this gesture, BRF has my vote
Re: Gov Fashola Comes To The Rescue Of Ailing Actor Ifeanyi Dike by Coolabbie: 4:17pm On Feb 09, 2011
A great deed. God bless him.
Re: Gov Fashola Comes To The Rescue Of Ailing Actor Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 5:11pm On Feb 09, 2011
Fregene's long painful walk

Of all the images of Nigerian sporting heroes who are down on their luck - from footballer, Etim ‘Maradona' Esin to Chioma Ajunwa, downcast and weeping after being stripped of her Mobil track and field championship title in 1992 for allegedly testing positive to performance-enhancing drugs; to Falilat Ogunkoya sobbing after a muscle tear ended her dream of a second individual Olympics medal at the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games; none can compare to trauma of the Green(Super) Eagles's most capped goalkeeper, Peter Fregene, who is currently recuperating at the Lagos State Government guest house after a successful surgery at the Reddington Hospital in Lagos.

Frail Fregene and wife capture the wedlock eternal phrase: ‘for better, for worse' as Tina attends to her husbands needs, making the burden of his health lighter to bear.

At least now he can move with support. Few months ago, all the support in the world could not make him lift a finger,

Neglected by Nigeria

"Nobody can do more than what Governor Fashola has done for me. If only my vote can make him the President of this country, I will sacrifice all, to ensure that he becomes the president one day," said Fregene in his barely audible voice.

"My case is an eye opener given all that I achieved for Nigeria. I was in the team that qualified Nigeria's football team for the first Olympic Games in Mexico City in 1968. Then, they used to pay us one dollar as camp allowance and five shillings when we are at home.

"That year, I was not only voted the best footballer in the country, but also, the best sportsman in Nigeria.

But in my hour of need, the only response I got from the Nigeria Football Federation were lies. Each time we call for assistance, they will just say, ‘send your account number', and we did on a number of occasions but we never got any response. I am urging the National Sports Commission and the NFF to remember the nation's past football heroes, I'm also urging young players to help each other and save for the rainy day," he added.

Help from Fashola

When Fregene's condition continued to worsen, Tina called Segun Odegbami and Emman Tetteh, two football legends.

"I told Uncle Segun Odegabmi, my husband is dying, that he should try and assist so that he will not die." Odegbami told Tina to send an e-mail to Governor Fashola,

"I told him I don't know how. Later Uncle Segun said I should not worry that he will speak to Fashola one on one. Then he called and said Fashola has spoken to Uduaghan that something will done soon."

True to his words, Fashola sent Dr. Anibaba, Dr. Okaga and another doctor. They got a chopper that took Fregene from Sapele to Reddington Hospital in Lagos

While Fregene rests, Tina watches over him like a mother does a new baby. As this reporter was leaving, she ran outside and screamed, "Please, remember to thank Governor Fashola, Uncle Sege, Coach Tetteh and, " She continued to reel out a long list of names that seem longer than Fregene's long walk to good health.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5394040-146/Fregene%27s_long_painful_walk.csp

This is truly a moving story, every Nigerian leader and public office holder should read this ASAP.

God Bless Fashola And The Great State Of Lagos.
Re: Gov Fashola Comes To The Rescue Of Ailing Actor Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 5:16pm On Feb 09, 2011
Apart from sending a plane to pick him up and fly him to Reddington, he even let him recuperate at the state house.

This is truly an amazing human being.

(1) (Reply)

How Many Serving State Governors Deserve A Second Term? / Pastor Tunde Bakare Your Words are Hunting You / If Buhari Has More Total Votes But Does Not Fulfill The 25% In 2/3 States Rule.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.