Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

How Safe Is It To Travel From East To Sokoto - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Safe Is It To Travel From East To Sokoto (635 Views)

How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja / How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period? / With 16500 Security Agents Will Allow You Travel From Lagos To Abuja Despite Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Safe Is It To Travel From East To Sokoto by dave4rella(m): 12:01am On Jul 29, 2020
Dear nairalanders, please how safe is it to travel to Sokoto from the east by road,and a luxury bus, it's actually my first time

I have been hearing about the killing and kidnapping around lokoja Abuja express way and bandits at kaduna, has anyone travelled recently, what is the situation of the road.
And what should I go along with
Mind you, it's my first far journey

Thanks, waiting for your response
Re: How Safe Is It To Travel From East To Sokoto by falcon01: 12:15am On Jul 29, 2020
just leave any Travelling matter for Naija this period of it's worth it then risk it, I dont even leave my city.
Re: How Safe Is It To Travel From East To Sokoto by Pavore9: 12:16am On Jul 29, 2020
dave4rella:
Dear nairalanders, please how safe is it to travel to Sokoto from the east by road,and a luxury bus, it's actually my first time

I have been hearing about the killing and kidnapping around lokoja Abuja express way and bandits at kaduna, has anyone travelled recently, what is the situation of the road.

The question is, is it essential that you must travel to the place?
Re: How Safe Is It To Travel From East To Sokoto by Jm879316: 2:12am On Jul 29, 2020
I’m traveling from the south to Kebbi very close to sokoto but because of what I’m hearing I decided I’m going by flight. 3 weeks ago a very close friend was kidnapped (Before okene) on his way to Abuja from Warri. So I’m very weary of such land travels now.

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is It To Travel From East To Sokoto by oladipuposadeeq(m): 5:32am On Jul 29, 2020
Jm879316:
I’m traveling from the south to Kebbi very close to sokoto but because of what I’m hearing I decided I’m going by flight. 3 weeks ago a very close friend was kidnapped (Before okene) on his way to Abuja from Warri. So I’m very weary of such land travels now.
haaaaaa that's serious oooooo God help us all, i drive thru that road once in a while and haven't experienced sumtin as such and i don't want to.
Re: How Safe Is It To Travel From East To Sokoto by oladipuposadeeq(m): 5:34am On Jul 29, 2020
dave4rella:

recently i have not heard any bad news along that side but if your mind is doing you tininitanana then its better you don't stress yourself.
Re: How Safe Is It To Travel From East To Sokoto by horlahsunbo225(m): 7:08am On Jul 29, 2020
If u pass through the route of kwara to Niger to kebbi to sokoto it is safe.
It's the abuja to Kaduna to zamfara route that is dangerous..

PS I traveled there this year(March) for my nysc before corona spoil things and during my to and from journey we didn't experience any issue

Traveled from Ibadan to sokoto
Re: How Safe Is It To Travel From East To Sokoto by dave4rella(m): 7:44am On Jul 29, 2020
oladipuposadeeq:
recently i have not heard any bad news along that side but if your mind is doing you tininitanana then its better you don't stress yourself.

Thank you, I guess I will have to hold on until October
Re: How Safe Is It To Travel From East To Sokoto by dave4rella(m): 7:47am On Jul 29, 2020
Pavore9:

The question is, is it essential that you must travel to the place?

Yes it is
But I also have the option of waiting until October
Re: How Safe Is It To Travel From East To Sokoto by uthlaw: 9:00am On Jul 29, 2020
Follow Niger road,it safe!

(1) (Reply)

Spilling Water From Shiroro Dams Due To Heavy Rainfall / Differences Between Yankee / American / People Advising Nairalanders To Stay In Nigeria Should Get Out Of Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.