Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens (25324 Views)

Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ / FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom / Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens by nedekid: 3:06pm On Jul 29, 2020
salveoP:
I want to convert some of my savings to USD. How is the exchange rate in black market?
Lol. I did that months back cos I saw the signs. Bought at $360 and £475. The very next day it shot up. My aboki malam talk say I be whinch. Say how I take predict.
You can buy now at 470 cos I think it will peak at 550 to 600 in the next few months.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens by AlphaStorm: 3:07pm On Jul 29, 2020
adonainana:
No wonder Bitcoin trading websites are flying and opening up left right centre.

I have been buying and selling bitcoin for some years now and i can tell this month alone, my phone no dey rest from Nigerians trying to buy bitcoin.

For those of you who read the article above and you heard for the next 2 months naira will depreciate and you are still not trying to convert all your money into cypto currencies. Then i pity you.

Please if you are a web developer and you can create all those automated websites which allow users to either sell and buy bitcoin without any human input, please get at me, i will pay any price.

I have more quite a lot of BTC to sell

Also to the buyer who scammed me after i sent bitcoin in advance to him https://www.nairaland.com/5984839/scam-alert-please-avoid-bitcoin

God will still punish you ooo still

Please web developers help me

Bro, check my signature make we do business 2geda. I dey buy + sell .
Bulk and Singles
Re: Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens by F117nighthawk: 3:09pm On Jul 29, 2020
one of the world's most worthless currency and country, nothing ever good is heard about this country
Re: Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens by naheem8307(m): 3:15pm On Jul 29, 2020
I see no reason why government would not imposed mandatory policy in regulating the parrallel market to subside the bank exchange rates.. the margin in between is damn too much for God sake... few are getting fat in expense of 200 million plus ? why the government is hanging the faith of economy and most especially the nigerian traders in the hands of corrupt elements right in the financial sector, hands of politicians and thier collabrators who wants to milk the country dry ? why....
Please free this Nation greedy fellow..
Re: Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens by stagger: 3:16pm On Jul 29, 2020
bezimo:
This system only favours folks in obodoiyibo..lol
No, actually it favours those of us who have earnings from foreign sources, but run expenses in Naira. Those abroad do not run expenses in Naira.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens by Ayemileto(m): 3:22pm On Jul 29, 2020
adonainana:

How expensive would the website be do you have an idea

Well, it depends.

If the website is to receive crypto payment only (and send cash to people) then it will be kind of cheaper as we can use many available APIs.

However, if you will like to automatically send crypto out as well, I think you will need to host a wallet yourself, which means you'll need a more expensive server (since you can run it on shared hosting).

But I will do more research, perhaps, we might have companies that have APIs for this as well.
Re: Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens by naheem8307(m): 3:30pm On Jul 29, 2020
Though the plunge of Naira, one way or the other benenfit the disporians, but all said and done, the massess of our dear country will be the ones to suffers it....
Equate your bank exchange to that of parrallel market.. commodities are relatively going higher and higher...
Nigerian Govt, do the right things
Re: Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens by bezimo(m): 3:46pm On Jul 29, 2020
stagger:

No, actually it favours those of us who have earnings from foreign sources, but run expenses in Naira. Those abroad do not run expenses in Naira.

Says who. Don't we send money to Nigeria for a number of things..we earn dollars abroad..or what do you think we earn Naira?

1 Like

Re: Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens by sulaak(m): 3:47pm On Jul 29, 2020
This afternoon the at the Federal Executive Council meeting inside the Presidential villa, the president and his ministers paid tribute to his best friend and closest confidant Mallam Isa Funtua. As usual all sorts of glowing tribute was poured out in the typical Nigeria fashion of always mourning the dead perfectly. They had to, for Mallam Isa Funtua had risen to become the most powerful man in Nigeria; he had Ministers and top Government officials queuing up to see him. They would go to his Abuja house and sit down endlessly for hours waiting for him him to round up with whoever he was seeing at such time and attend to them. He was that powerful and far much more. The former Minster of Water Resources in the second republic was already BROKE by the time Buhari won the 2015 election.

He was in serious and obvious financial woes and was unable to repay the various loans he took from the bank and had to be dragged to court. It was whilst this was on going that his bestie Muhammadu Buhari won the presidential election in 2015 and he positioned himself together with Mamman Daura and Abba Kyari to become the most ruthless, selfish, greedy, incompetent, shortsighted, condescending and roguish power mongers in our entire political history.

He strategically choose the CBN and bared his fangs on the apex bank in the most audacious and unforeseen manner. His nefarious dealings with the CBN is a story told like tales by moonlight in almost every household, offices and media houses, WhatsApp group and even amongst the most elitist in the Nigeria society.

Despite the fowl scented truth all up in the air, very few online media had the guts to openly call out this criminal of unimaginable proportion. No mainstream media house could do the story for fear of being dealt with until a US based Journalist took the bull by the horn and dragged Isa Funtua and his entire family into the market square and forced them to ‘dance naked’ for all to see.

In a well detailed write up laden with impeccable empirical evidences, the Washington based journalist told the story of how Billionaire Isa Funtua had literally put the CBN in his pocket.

He would ask the CBN for hundreds of millions of dollarssssssss at very ridiculously low rate and them take same monies to the black market and sold it to the Bureau de Change guys at the going market rate. It was the type of FOREX ROUND-TRIPPING never seen in the history of this country.

According to the journalist he and his family was so neck deep in this that they would actually dictate to even the CBN who and who to give forex to Daily Mail did an investigative report of Isa Funtua’s forex round tripping and their finding were to put it mildly shocking; all the prominent BDC guys in Wuse Zone 4 Abuja who are in the business of buying and selling dollars gladly chorused his name as the man to see for the best dollar rate in Nigeria.

In fact they nicknamed him “CBN Governor” on account of the volume of forex he illicitly brings their way. It was the proceeds of this forex that he and his family used to procure mobile network Etisalat now known as 9 mobile for $300m.

It was also this proceeds that he used to procure Keystone bank. It was also the same proceeds that his son used in buying two private jets at the same time!!!!!! who buys two private jets at the same time in Nigeria? If not a money miss road who is drunk on his loot.

He has bought up so many landmark properties just within the last five years that he might actually surpass Bola Tinubu as the biggest landlord in Nigeria. CBN is his LAP DOG!!!!!! Isa Funtua was taking out dollars forcefully from the apex bank in a country where importers of goods and genuine businessmen struggle to access dollars for their businesses.

Isa Funtua was taking out such voluminous amount of dollars from CBN to lavish on private jets in a country where the Federal government couldn’t even feed the poorest citizens during months of lockdown.

Isa Funtua was taking out hundreds of millions of dollars barefaced from CBN in a country where returnees from London, US and Asia during the lockdown were asked to pay for their flights and feeding expenses. Isa Funtua is the worst of ROGUES!!!!!! and I stand to be corrected.

He didn’t stop at forex round tripping o. According to the US based Journalist, he forced the CBN to award his company a N30,000,000,000 contract for the construction of the CBN car park extension You want to build a car park extension for CBN staff at the cost of N30billion!!!!!!! Please what type of cars are they going to park there? Diamond encrusted cars Or personal private jets of CBN staff. How do you build a N30billion car park extension in a country that is officially the poverty capital of the world.

The entire contract violated the constitutional requirements as stipulated in the Procurement Act. Regular CBN contractors said the project was never advertised talkless of bid document being sold nor did CBN ask Contractors to submit an Expression Of Interest as is usually the norm. Funny thing is that if a proper check is done, his company would have been mobilized to the tune of 70% or even more this one is not your regular contractor o, Isa Funtua until his death can be described as one of the owners of Nigeria under this Buhari Government. This contract was so preposterous that the then Chief of Staff Abba Kyari was said to have summoned the CBN Governor immediately he got wind of the deal; to explain the madness.

I guess that one felt outsmarted by Funtua according to the reports he couldn’t do anything to stop it, na inside the same bag all of them dey sleep. So disdainful and arrogantly confident was Isa Funtua that he went on a live TV to brag that “there wasn’t just a cabal in the presidency but that he was the cabal” and we should deal with it.

In that interview he went on to drag the entire Igbo nation; he said “Igbos should first belong before clamoring to be president”. As in the Igbos are not yet ready coming from a man who is not even a Nigerian is just too telling; to those of you who don’t know, Isa Funtua is from Niger Republic!!!!! unfortunately we have a very broken system especially up north so even bandits and criminal herdsmen from sub Sahara Africa can stroll into Nigeria and eventually make it to the House of Representatives, Senate, Governor, Minister and even President.

Some weeks weeks ago he secured a court injunction against the US based journalist which was meant to stop the scandalous publishing of his financial heist on CBN and the further outing of his criminal financial empire. As he didn’t have any address for the journalist, he asked the court to allow him serve the journalist on Twitter he did and went home thinking that he had tamed the young man.

Unfortunately for him he was up against a Maaaaadddddd man the journalist first replied that the Nigeria judicial system doesn’t not have a US valid visa and so it’s not enforceable in the US He went ahead the next day in a very unprecedented manner and put out a world class and highly documented exposé of how the Funtuas have raped Nigeria financially and Isa Funtua was infuriated by no small means. He actually told a Senator last week that any day he catches the journalist he will so deal with him.

When a man this powerful in Nigeria makes such a threat it simply means, “you will be taken off”.

The Senator also passed his message to the target four days later Isa Funtua joined his ancestors and by now should be on transit in purgatory where he will be checking to see how many of his dollars came with him.

I watched his funeral yesterday as he was laid to rest and I though aloud, “how do these psychotic individuals don’t see the bigger picture in life”. Amongst the cabal he was known and nicknamed “Maradona” on account of the fact that he is a skillful planner; he knows how best to tame the opposition, he knows how best to tame the Revolutionists; which was why he went to see Sowore in prison and arrogantly asked him to bury his idea of a better Nigeria.

According to Sowore, “he was a very condescending man”. The man was the dictionary definition of Pride and unbridled arrogance even as he vehemently opposed restructuring the country. You can NEVER Rest In Peace if you killed the destinies of so many innocent Nigerians.

His family can keep their loot and enjoy it on behalf of their father. Monies you can’t use to better your adopted hometown Katsina even as you watch Bandits and criminals make meat pie out of your people, is not money but a generational CURSE!!!!! We haven’t even heard half of the story, the depth of Isa Funtua’s lootocratic empire will resurface in full force whenever these bunch of Shakespearean clowns are out of power.

For those who understand and can perfectly interprete body language, this is a picture of the late Isa Funtua and the Central Bank Governor, you can give the picture your own interpretation; as for me it’s a Master/Servant relationship
May any job we do in this life never erode our human dignit

Copied from Whatapp

Re: Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens by Ayemileto(m): 3:55pm On Jul 29, 2020
adonainana:

How expensive would the website be do you have an idea

I have just rechecked, everything is possible with the blockchain API.

You can contact me from the number in my profile so we can discuss more.
Re: Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens by akigbemaru: 4:16pm On Jul 29, 2020
phr33man:

Imagine the number of people purchasing crypto daily which is valued in dollars. Imagine the immense wealth leaving our country daily. What do you think attributed to the continues rise in the value of bitcoin and other crypto if not the demand? To many Nigerians and world at large today, the surest and quickest way to financial freedom is crypto.

Monthly limit isn't the issue but the population diving into it. As at today, I'm 95% sure that 15m people has at least a few dollars worth of bitcoin or any other crypto. If we assume each has $10 crypto worth, that whooping $150m gone to western world and this grows daily.

My view...

The western world are exploiting us big time now than ever. They tried to find an explanation to this crypto thing but the more you study, the more confused you are. They say it's decentralized but someone/some sets of people started it. Hmmmmmm.... Shey this thing no be ponzi like this? Do you still remember egold, ebullion etc. Where are they today?

We need to think deep.... And wake up in Africa
Re: Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens by akigbemaru: 4:19pm On Jul 29, 2020
12inchess:
Even the treasury bills interest rate can't keep up with the massive inflation and dollar/naira exchange. Can you tell me why someone will still want to invest in Nigeria? What is the point of bank giving businesses forex when they can sell to Aboki who will sell at black market rate and split profit with them. By the end of this administration we will have witnessed the greatest capital flight in Nigerian history through forex. We have had 2 rates since 3 years ago and some people are capitalizing on the stupidity of the FG big time. If I was a banker with access to forex I for don hammer by now.

How does on buy forex abeg. I need to get all my naira out of that country at some point.
Re: Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens by akigbemaru: 4:23pm On Jul 29, 2020
12inchess:

Let everything go to shi.t! I don't care. I have millions invested in Nigerian treasury bills. If the CBN will now put policies in place that encourage commercial banks to sell dollars to Aboki rather than to businesses that can save the Nigerian economy and in turn save my investment then why should I care? All this round tripping going on, who is benefitting? Whose fault is it? People have said it over and over again that it doesn't make sense that interbank rate differs from CBN official rate by almost N 100 and will result in massive corruption but Mr Integrity has refused to listen probably because some of his cabal are benefitting. So tell me. Why should I care? Ever since Buhari entered up till now, the dollar to Naira rate has more than doubled. By the time he is done with Nigeria we will be talking about close to $1 to N 800. Just wait and see.
Re: Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens by popsy2(m): 4:32pm On Jul 29, 2020
Gharnew112:

Please give more explanation to this.

Click the link in my signature let's chat on WhatsApp or call 070three 549 89five2
Re: Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens by stagger: 4:37pm On Jul 29, 2020
bezimo:

Says who. Don't we send money to Nigeria for a number of things..we earn dollars abroad..or what do you think we earn Naira?

Do you pay your house rent, water bills, council tax, medical insurance and other stuff in Naira sir?
Re: Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens by Clinghton: 4:53pm On Jul 29, 2020
Nigeria might soon be bought by BILL GATES.

it would take us by surprise.

It would be another sigh of END TIME.
Re: Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens by earnit3: 4:54pm On Jul 29, 2020
really
Re: Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens by proclinician: 4:59pm On Jul 29, 2020
Haha time to sell 1$bitcoins at 500# I am so happy
Re: Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens by adminlo: 6:47pm On Jul 29, 2020
All this dollar rates is not reaching the poor man. People still receive dollar from banks at the normal rate of 380 naira per Dollar.
If you use western union or money gram or any of this online agent it is still 380 or 385 or some time less. Even if you use Bitcoin , it is same rate because you pass thru the bank unless directly but it is risky because most of them sellers are criminals. The question of trust and who will send first ? Apart from physical bring in cash through the airport to exchange on the black market ... What other ways can you benefit from the rate increase at the black rate if you are sent dollars online ?
Re: Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens by seunny4lif(m): 9:56pm On Jul 29, 2020
How the thing dey work?
adonainana:

I have been buying and selling bitcoin for some years now and i can tell this month alone, my phone no dey rest from Nigerians trying to buy bitcoin.

For those of you who read the article above and you heard for the next 2 months naira will depreciate and you are still not trying to convert all your money into cypto currencies. Then i pity you.

Please if you are a web developer and you can create all those automated websites which allow users to either sell and buy bitcoin without any human input, please get at me, i will pay any price.

Also to the buyer who scammed me after i sent bitcoin in advance to him https://www.nairaland.com/5984839/scam-alert-please-avoid-bitcoin

Re: Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens by seunny4lif(m): 9:57pm On Jul 29, 2020
Can you explain to me
stagger:

Be there. I have made more than N600,000 in Bitcoin trading this week alone. Make you dey there dey speak big grammaticus.
Re: Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens by PrincessJr(f): 10:25pm On Jul 29, 2020
stagger:

Be there. I have made more than N600,000 in Bitcoin trading this week alone. Make you dey there dey speak big grammaticus.
What do you think about Bitcoin cash price? Is it worth investing on?
Re: Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens by willian10: 11:07pm On Jul 29, 2020
Gokoyer0:
Not all. The thing is that, once international airports are back to operation, the rate can fall back to less than 400 naira
You have a point
Re: Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens by Gharnew112(m): 11:26pm On Jul 29, 2020
adonainana:

Can you sell Bitcoin to me I need at a reasonable rate
Re: Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens by hkidola00(m): 11:50pm On Jul 29, 2020
MegaStarr:

That's actually the strategy he intends to use. He will help the rate get to N1,000.00/$. The CBN will then do what Ghana did in 2007 - erase the three zeros, reissue new currency notes and then announce that N1 = $1.
hmmm was did actually what Ghana did?... does Dis make sense
Re: Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens by emmy9500: 11:54pm On Jul 29, 2020
adonainana:

How do I contact you, am a web developer
Re: Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens by adonainana: 3:57am On Jul 30, 2020
Gharnew112:

Can you sell Bitcoin to me I need at a reasonable rate

458 sir non negotiable

+44 75 916 839 24

1 Like

Re: Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens by adonainana: 4:03am On Jul 30, 2020
Hdanny:

Bro I buy Bitcoin any amount at good rate, am legit, reply to my mail bro.

Msg me on + 44 94 mafo grin grin grin

nah just kidding msg me on +44 75 916 839 24

My rate is 458 tho, no negotiation no delays, no pricing like say person dey price agbado for market.

458 bro nothing more nothing less
Re: Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens by MegaStarr(m): 6:27am On Jul 30, 2020
hkidola00:
hmmm was did actually what Ghana did?... does Dis make sense

Unfortunately, the nation is not run by sensible people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Construction Of Shops For Anambra Shoe Manufacturers And Dealers Ongoing / BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 / I Have N15,000 To Invest. How Do I Go About It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.