Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,290 members, 7,860,692 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:22 PM

Age Long Tradition - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Age Long Tradition (1239 Views)

WHO Should BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS AGE-LONG LIE ABOUT DOWRY? / How Popular Ota Families End Age Long Land Dispute / Wearing A Wedding Ring: A Tradition Or A Necessity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Age Long Tradition by Kobojunkie: 4:40pm On Jul 30, 2020
Sirjames001:
. Even though I don't believe in it, I still can't change anything
Yes you can. I did it ! I am a Nigerian myself and there are cultures and traditions associated with where I am from but mentally and physically, I have abandoned all that to those who care for them.
It is up to you to decide for yourself what defines you as a person, and that is a life-long exercise. That you were born in a state does not mean your mental ideals and world ought to be defined by it. undecided

1 Like

Re: Age Long Tradition by Sirjames001: 4:43pm On Jul 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Yes you can. I did it ! I am a Nigerian myself and there are cultures and traditions associated with where I am from but mentally and physically, I have abandoned all that to those who care for them.
It is up to you to decide for yourself what defines you as a person, and that is a life-long exercise. That you were born in a state does not mean your mental ideals and world ought to be defined by it. undecided
. Yeah we have to evolve. My major concerns is how to wife her.
Re: Age Long Tradition by Sirjames001: 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
You don't understand, there are things you as an individual can't do anything.
Re: Age Long Tradition by Kobojunkie: 4:48pm On Jul 30, 2020
Sirjames001:
You don't understand, there are things you as an individual can't do anything.
I understand more than you know. There is NOTHING on this planet that you as an individual cannot do something about, if really and truly you want to do it. I am not talking faith here at all. I am speaking from experience here.
Re: Age Long Tradition by Kobojunkie: 4:49pm On Jul 30, 2020
Sirjames001:
. Yeah we have to evolve. My major concerns is how to wife her.
You want to 'wife her' without dealing with that which concerns her? undecided
Re: Age Long Tradition by Sirjames001: 4:51pm On Jul 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
You want to 'wife her' without dealing with that which concerns her? undecided
. So should I fellow her to take oath or what do you want me to do?
Re: Age Long Tradition by Kobojunkie: 5:00pm On Jul 30, 2020
Sirjames001:
. So should I fellow her to take oath or what do you want me to do?
Well, you already believe in your mind that your blood is somehow tied to the tradition that is your state of origin. So, she is right in demanding an equal blood oath with her. undecided
Re: Age Long Tradition by Sirjames001: 5:07pm On Jul 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Well, you already believe in your mind that your blood is somehow tied to the tradition that is your state of origin. So, she is right in demanding an equal blood oath with her. undecided
. You don't get do you? Either you believe in it or not, if your wife should cheat on her marriage, calamity will befall that family.
Re: Age Long Tradition by Kobojunkie: 5:11pm On Jul 30, 2020
Sirjames001:
. You don't get do you? Either you believe in it or not, if your wife should cheat on her marriage, calamity will befall that family.
Well, it does not matter, since your wife-to-be has found a way of balancing the traditional equation for the both of you. So, what is it going to be? Take a blood oath with her or lose her? You decide! undecided
I personally hope she does not go back on her stand. undecided
Re: Age Long Tradition by Sirjames001: 5:16pm On Jul 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Well, it does not matter, since your wife-to-be has found a way of balancing the traditional equation for the both of you. So, what is it going to be? Take a blood oath with her or lose her? You decide! undecided
I personally hope she does not go back on her stand. undecided
. I came online for mature advice but you are boxing me
Re: Age Long Tradition by usj(m): 5:16pm On Jul 30, 2020
Life is tough already! I'm not looking for ways to make it more difficult. I don't worry myself if my partner cheats, or not, on my own I will remain faithful, that's all I need. I don't have the energy to be policing anybody. Op oath/tradition is too small. get 2 padlocks: padlock her private part, and keep the key; while she padlock yours and keep the key. That way both of you can feel secure.

Re: Age Long Tradition by Kobojunkie: 5:23pm On Jul 30, 2020
Sirjames001:
. I came online for mature advice but you are boxing me
Boxing you? I have simply told you what has always been in front of you all this while. She wants equality in her relationship. You claim you want that too... so what do you have a problem with?
Re: Age Long Tradition by Kobojunkie: 5:25pm On Jul 30, 2020
usj:
Life is tough already! I'm not looking for ways to make it more difficult. I don't worry myself if my partner cheats, or not, on my own I will remain faithful, that's all I need. I don't have the energy to be policing anybody. Op oath/tradition is too small. get 2 padlocks: padlock her private part, and keep the key; while she padlock yours and keep the key. That way both of you can feel secure.
Did you read the OP's statement? That is what his gal says they should both do, but Sirjames001 seems to be having a hard time with that.
Re: Age Long Tradition by Sirjames001: 5:25pm On Jul 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Boxing you? I have simply told you what has always been in front of you all this while. She wants equality in her relationship. You claim you want that too... so what do you have a problem with?
. Going to the way of oath taking, can she just trust me?
Re: Age Long Tradition by Kobojunkie: 5:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
Sirjames001:
. Going to the way of oath taking, can she just trust me?
Trust is a word that has been used and abused by human beings, so it really means nothing as far as humans are concerned. Humans, by default, are not built to be trusted by definition, that is what makes us humans.
You have a safe-guard of your own, an age-old tradition which you refuse to disavow, even though you claim not to believe in it, why not give her hers? undecided
Re: Age Long Tradition by Sirjames001: 5:34pm On Jul 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Trust is a word that has been used and abused by human beings, so it really means nothing as far as humans are concerned. Humans, by default, are not built to be trusted by definition, that is what makes us humans.
You have a safe-guard of your own, an age-old tradition which you refuse to disavow, even though you claim not to believe in it, why not give her hers? undecided
. I give thought of your suggestion.
Re: Age Long Tradition by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Jul 30, 2020
Sirjames001:
. I give thought of your suggestion.
Remember, it is not my suggestion. It is your woman's - I simply stand with her on this.
Re: Age Long Tradition by postmann: 5:45pm On Jul 30, 2020
Sirjames001:
Please I need advice and also bashing because I want to make a decision of a lifetime.
I am in love with a girl who adore me in every sense of words
She is working while am still in school.So basically it's just true love.
Yesterday we had a conversation,I told her we have an age long tradition in my place ( Akwa Ibom State) If you cheat in your husband house, either you die, or your husband die or your kids.
She wasn't comfortable with it at all.
Her reason is because it only affects women not men.
Should we continue in this relationship or go our separate ways?
She suggested blood covenant that will also kill me if I also cheat.
Please I need advice.
Please note: I don't believe in anything diabolic or some tradition that regards women as slave but I know marriage unfaithfulness has consequence in my place.

Listen OP, you have to be wise. I wonder why no one has told you the uncomfortable truth yet.

First, if your woman can put a condition on her faithfulness as a wife on your own faithfulness, then there's a problem. And if she's not telling you that such age long tradition doesn't bother her because she's firmly of the belief that for a married woman to spread her legs for another man is sacrilegious, then you have yourself a potential adultress.

That age long tradition wasn't instituted by man. Both sides of the spiritual divide hold a woman's chastity in very high regard because from her bowels springs life.
Re: Age Long Tradition by usj(m): 8:52pm On Jul 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Did you read the OP's statement? That is what his gal says they should both do, but Sirjames001 seems to be having a hard time with that.

That's okay, I just read a few lines.
Re: Age Long Tradition by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 30, 2020
frozen70:

In the olden days, men made somany traditions to put women under their control and dictates, which made married women to be under their authorities

Men knows that they will always cheat and don't want any man to cheat on their wives, simply because they don't trust their fellow men

Now, all those things are fading away.

Children of this generation are born and raised outside their village culture and traditions and doesn't understand why all those silly traditions on women should hold in the first place

Men on the other side are not really faithful to the traditions their fore fathers set because it comes with some rules and they are not really ready to keep the rules

So it's a two way action

We really learn everyday.
Thanks
Re: Age Long Tradition by Ishilove: 11:04pm On Jul 30, 2020
The two of you are unserious
Re: Age Long Tradition by samuelpeters(m): 12:50am On Jul 31, 2020
Sirjames001:
Please I need advice and also bashing because I want to make a decision of a lifetime.
I am in love with a girl who adore me in every sense of words
She is working while am still in school.So basically it's just true love.
Yesterday we had a conversation,I told her we have an age long tradition in my place ( Akwa Ibom State) If you cheat in your husband house, either you die, or your husband die or your kids.
She wasn't comfortable with it at all.
Her reason is because it only affects women not men.
Should we continue in this relationship or go our separate ways?
She suggested blood covenant that will also kill me if I also cheat.
Please I need advice.
Please note: I don't believe in anything diabolic or some tradition that regards women as slave but I know marriage unfaithfulness has consequence in my place.
Both of you should just do the blood covenant that could kill either of you if you cheat.
The old Tradition might not work. Its old already.so there is always a Loophole.
Re: Age Long Tradition by frozen70(f): 7:24am On Jul 31, 2020
StacyO:

We really learn everyday.
Thanks

Thanks too
Re: Age Long Tradition by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 31, 2020
Na this kain thing people dey drag in 2020! God airpus o!!
Re: Age Long Tradition by cococandy(f): 8:20am On Jul 31, 2020
OP what is your main concern?
Re: Age Long Tradition by Sirjames001: 9:27am On Jul 31, 2020
cococandy:
OP what is your main concern?
. If I take oath with her, but I am not financially ok to be with her, what happened next?
Re: Age Long Tradition by Sirjames001: 9:28am On Jul 31, 2020
Ishilove:
The two of you are unserious
. We are dead serious
Re: Age Long Tradition by cococandy(f): 9:40am On Jul 31, 2020
Sirjames001:
. If I take oath with her, but I am not financially ok to be with her, what happened next?

Like if you guys get married and then you don’t have money anymore?

Will you divorce her because you don’t have money or you think she’ll leave you because you don’t have money?

Either way, I was under the assumption that the oath is supposed to be about you being faithful to her after marriage like she’ll be to you based on your tradition.

Let’s assume that such oaths do work. You having money or not isn’t supposed to affect anything unless the lack of money is going to make you cheat on her maybe with a richer woman.

If she’s suggesting a blood covenant that requires you to be with her forever in addition to not cheating on her then she’s asking for more than your tradition is demanding from her.

But on a serious note, if you guys really love each other, could please kindly disabuse your minds of these petty superstitions that rob you of your happiness? And you can just be happy together instead of believing that some unseen diabolical things have power over you?

I hope that doesn’t sound like I’m not respecting your beliefs but it’s coming from a place of kindness. There’s so much unnecessary worry and anxiety you can do away with if you let go of these restrictive superstitions.

1 Like

Re: Age Long Tradition by Sirjames001: 9:45am On Jul 31, 2020
. quote author=cococandy post=92293874]

Like if you guys get married and then you don’t have money anymore?

Will you divorce her because you don’t have money or you think she’ll leave you because you don’t have money?

Either way, I was under the assumption that the oath is supposed to be about you being faithful to her after marriage like she’ll be to you based on your tradition.

Let’s assume that such oaths do work. You having money or not isn’t supposed to affect anything unless the lack of money is going to make you cheat on her maybe with a richer woman.

If she’s suggesting a blood covenant that requires you to be with her forever in addition to not cheating on her then she’s asking for more than your tradition is demanding from her.

But on a serious note, if you guys really love each other, could please kindly disabuse your minds of these petty superstitions that rob you of your happiness? And you can just be happy together instead of believing that some unseen diabolical things have power over you?

I hope that doesn’t sound like I’m not respecting your beliefs but it’s coming from a place of kindness. There’s so much unnecessary worry and anxiety you can do away with if you let go of these restrictive superstitions. [/quote]. Thanks for your contribution. We discussed about it and I believe it won't be a problem. Right now thinking of a biz that is profitable so I can meet up with life.
Re: Age Long Tradition by cococandy(f): 10:17am On Jul 31, 2020
Sirjames001:
. quote author=cococandy post=92293874]

. Thanks for your contribution. We discussed about it and I believe it won't be a problem. Right now thinking of a biz that is profitable so I can meet up with life.

Good luck.
It’s high priority

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watch All Your Favorite Tv Channels For As Low As N1,000... True! / What's Your First Reality Check After Getting Married? / Culture Of Husband's Family Seizing Widows' Property

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.