Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

U.I. Student Crushed To Death By Heavy Factory Machine - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / U.I. Student Crushed To Death By Heavy Factory Machine (3151 Views)

Policemen Arrest, Extort U.I Student For Not Registering His Business With CAC / Phd Student Crushed To Death By Truck After He Was Forced At Gun Point By Bandit / Thief Who Snatched A Lady's Phone Crushed To Death While Escaping (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.I. Student Crushed To Death By Heavy Factory Machine by fullblast(m): 4:39pm On Jul 29, 2020
A 200 level undergraduate of the department of European studies, German unit, University of Ibadan Oyo has lost his life while operating a heavy machinery in at Henkel Expand Global Industries Ltd situated at plot 9, Block F, Oluyole Extension Ibadan, Oyo State.

It was reported that Richard Gbadebo aged 20years was a working with his company until his death to keep himself busy in view of the Corona Pandemic and support his family in getting funds to sustain his education at University of Ibadan.

The said factory is in the business of producing laundry related products like soaps and detergents, prominently known to produce the detergent WAW.

An anonymous worker in the factory claimed that Richard Gbadebo reported for night duty on Monday 27th July with the hope of going back home the following morning Tuesday, 28th July without knowing he was going to killed by the very machine he had been operating.

Reports has it that he was emptying bagged powder into the heavy mixer when he slipped into the machine. How he might have slipped and get pulled into the machine still remains sketchy. It was not until the packaging unit noticed that the mixture was with blood, then they realized something was amiss and rushed to the Mixer to find only the legs of Late Gbadedo. Alas, his upper body had been crushed. This happened around 6:30 to 6:45am on Tuesday, few minutes for him to close for work.

As a the time of this report , The authorities of Henkel Expand Global industries LTD has not sent representatives to Late Richard Gbadedo's burial.

Re: U.I. Student Crushed To Death By Heavy Factory Machine by 88Craze: 4:41pm On Jul 29, 2020
sad Oh my God! What annoys me is that the factory will now offer the family ordinary small money to compensate them. This one don end like that, God! RIP
Re: U.I. Student Crushed To Death By Heavy Factory Machine by IfGodbeforus(m): 4:51pm On Jul 29, 2020
What a mean way to Depart,
May God Comfort his parents in this pain..

Re: U.I. Student Crushed To Death By Heavy Factory Machine by merieam16(f): 4:53pm On Jul 29, 2020
Chai! this is nt good
Re: U.I. Student Crushed To Death By Heavy Factory Machine by ReorxTohGan(m): 4:59pm On Jul 29, 2020
God why??!!!!!
this month's been bloody!!!
Re: U.I. Student Crushed To Death By Heavy Factory Machine by HomerTimpson: 5:07pm On Jul 29, 2020
Menh! WAW in front of Yale 3&4 factories,GOD help us o...RIP soldier
Re: U.I. Student Crushed To Death By Heavy Factory Machine by allen113: 5:21pm On Jul 29, 2020
rip

1 Like

Re: U.I. Student Crushed To Death By Heavy Factory Machine by Crenzywilliams(m): 6:07pm On Jul 29, 2020
Kai, fine small boy with a bright future, RIP, I pray God grant the family peace.
Re: U.I. Student Crushed To Death By Heavy Factory Machine by cassidy1996(m): 6:44pm On Jul 29, 2020
so sad , when working in a machine environment someone has to be very careful

1 Like

Re: U.I. Student Crushed To Death By Heavy Factory Machine by Damseldammie(f): 7:41pm On Jul 29, 2020
OMG.... May God grant your soul eternal rest & grant your parents the grace to bear the fortitude created by this your sudden departure

Hmmmm.... This is terrible
Re: U.I. Student Crushed To Death By Heavy Factory Machine by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 29, 2020
This is terrible
But demanding for the closure of the company is not really a good idea

The boy was 20 and I think the age of 18 as a Nigerian he is already an adult

Rip# to the dead
Re: U.I. Student Crushed To Death By Heavy Factory Machine by Shellsploit: 8:01pm On Jul 29, 2020
Lord!
Re: U.I. Student Crushed To Death By Heavy Factory Machine by EwuGambia: 8:02pm On Jul 29, 2020
R I P to the dead....
But please whoever made that picture accusing the company of employing the guy when he finished from a foreign language related course instead of mechanical engineering should better go an sit down....

I can imagine that guys parents might have even pleaded with the company to employ the kid, or he begged for it himself....soo many Nigerians are willing to do jobs not in their fields just to earn a living...soo abeg they should not play that card.

He had been operating that machine without flaws for quite a while, during which no one remembered he was not suited for the job.. undecided

They should rather have complained about the company not putting enough protective facilities against hazards..

Nigerians can be one set of very ungrateful people.. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.I. Student Crushed To Death By Heavy Factory Machine by gambia(m): 8:58pm On Jul 29, 2020
May his soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: U.I. Student Crushed To Death By Heavy Factory Machine by Roma10: 10:32pm On Jul 29, 2020
May u find rest in your jurney of another life¿
let it be noted that the company be paying the late guy parent's every month ~the amount of the salery bein paid to the guy for lake up to four2five years
ho is with me on diz¿
Re: U.I. Student Crushed To Death By Heavy Factory Machine by olayinkarotex(m): 10:38pm On Jul 29, 2020
let me put something straight here. I express my condolences to the bereaved family, It was a painful exit and I feel the government should ensure all these companies especially Chinese,Lebanese, Indian, Pakistan companies follow all laid down work hazard elimination and control precautions to reduce these horrendous experiences in workplace.
Then how would you call for the closure of the workplace because of this mishap. I dont think that is the next step. Desist from that view!!!
#worksafe
Re: U.I. Student Crushed To Death By Heavy Factory Machine by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 29, 2020
Condolence to his family. God will comfort them all.

-Anyone who escape 2020 should join me and altogether give thanks unto God Almighty with dance of gratitute and offering of thanks giving..

Open your eyes, you will see what's going on this year, it's a booked year of heat battle like a booked day between victorious David and defeated Goliath.

I need not to say more than this, but meet me victouriously in 2021 because I'm there already.
Re: U.I. Student Crushed To Death By Heavy Factory Machine by FullBlastLight: 1:21am On Jul 30, 2020
Horrible news everyday everywhere!

Suddenly somewhere, a survival of yesterday wil be d victim of 2day & anoda dt survives 2day wil be d unfortunate victim of 2moro & d continuum continues!
Death is daily snatching pple away unexpectedly!

We shld alwys be thankful 2 God every time we see any day, mnth or year 2 d end!

R.I.P dude & may God comfort ur bereaved family!

It's not easy, mehn!
Re: U.I. Student Crushed To Death By Heavy Factory Machine by yuswrld20(m): 1:21am On Jul 30, 2020
EwuGambia:
R I P to the dead....
But please whoever made that picture accusing the company of employing the guy when he finished from a foreign language related course instead of mechanical engineering should better go an sit down....

I can imagine that guys parents might have even pleaded with the company to employ the kid, or he begged for it himself....soo many Nigerians are willing to do jobs not in their fields just to earn a living...soo abeg they should not play that card.

He had been operating that machine without flaws for quite a while, during which no one remembered he was not suited for the job.. undecided

They should rather have complained about the company not putting enough protective facilities against hazards..

true talk
Re: U.I. Student Crushed To Death By Heavy Factory Machine by Olabode971(f): 2:02am On Jul 30, 2020

Who noticed, the guy was tired and had fatigue been that he couldn't sleep...

See, night is meant for human to sleep nau...

I had engaged myself in night works before at different factories, and I know how one feels at night duty.

RIP man...

Re: U.I. Student Crushed To Death By Heavy Factory Machine by saintvc(m): 3:18am On Jul 30, 2020
industrial accidents do happen. did hecputbon hand glove and boot and other protective garment?
Re: U.I. Student Crushed To Death By Heavy Factory Machine by heed101(m): 6:28am On Jul 30, 2020
Safety first in everything we do. Always scan your environment to remove and avoid anything that will be hazardous to health and life. This is very important.
Re: U.I. Student Crushed To Death By Heavy Factory Machine by 2cribz: 9:20am On Jul 30, 2020
He must have been putting on rubber shoes ot sneakers. Thats why the sell non slip/factory worker shoes. Btw i guesd the salart was high cos wtf everytin for naija na risk bro
Re: U.I. Student Crushed To Death By Heavy Factory Machine by fullblast(m): 9:30am On Jul 30, 2020
EwuGambia:
R I P to the dead....

Do You mean it's not abnormal to beg for job in this stupendously wealthy Nation that has been plundered to rags by bad politicians?
Nigerians are victims of bad n poor governance in their very home and you still call them ungrateful...SMH

Richard wouldn't have died if it were in saner climes. I'm double sure.
In other climes, alot is invested to save all including animals and Humans. Pls read below:

https://www.nairaland.com/6018835/trapped-owl-well-rescued-germany#92177841

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Gospel Singer Jailed In U.s. / Lady Captured Poisoning Friend's Drink / Man To Be Killed Today, Richard. See Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.