Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Who Is A Follower Of JESUS CHRIST? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is A Follower Of JESUS CHRIST? (142 Views)

You Have Alot Of Power As A Follower Of CHRIST. / Apostle Suleman Replies Follower Who Begged For Money To Replace Mother's Phone / MUSLIMS: Share The Miracles You Have Experienced As A Follower Of Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is A Follower Of JESUS CHRIST? by MistadeRegal(m): 6:13pm On Jul 29, 2020
The world may be confused about this, but you must never be confused about it.
From the Bible, here are where it shows and tells us how we know we are the followers of our LORD JESUS CHRIST, just as it is written:

John 1:12-13 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

John 15:7-10, 12-14 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

John 15:15
Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

John 15:16
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

John 14:21
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John 14:23-24
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 15:10
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

John 4:23-24 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

By these, you will know within yourself if you are a follower of JESUS CHRIST, eye serviceman or not a follower of JESUS CHRIST at all.

Not by religion.
Re: Who Is A Follower Of JESUS CHRIST? by sonmvayina(m): 11:23pm On Jul 29, 2020
Jesus was created to control poor people and people with no sense...

As only a fool will believe a woman can get pregnant without a man's sperm..
Re: Who Is A Follower Of JESUS CHRIST? by Kobojunkie: 5:34pm On Jul 30, 2020
I love the way it is coded in John's epistle.

1 John 2 vs 3-6
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. If we obey what God has told us to do, then we are sure that we know him.
4. If we say we know God but do not obey his commands, we are lying. The truth is not in us.
5. But when we obey God’s teaching, his love is truly working in us. This is how we know that we are living in him.
6. If we say we live in God, we must live the way Jesus lived.
He calls those who claim to belong to Jesus Christ, but do not obey his commandments, liars!

(1) (Reply)

When Exactly Will Planet Earth End? / Two Masters? Impossible! / One Simple Way To Stop Terrorism In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.