Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,966 members, 7,956,620 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:33 PM

My Collections Of Python Projects - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Collections Of Python Projects (3913 Views)

2020 Fundamentals Of Python Programming Thread #1 (WITH PROJECTS) / How Can I Get “30 Days Of Python” Tutorial / Benefits Of PYTHON Programming As Career For Everyone Interested In IT Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Collections Of Python Projects by ibromodzi: 1:29pm On Aug 24, 2020
KlausMichaelson:

A very tricky one for me. Tricky but simple on. the long run. I really appreciate this Sir. It got me wondering if there are some Python basics I still haven't come across grin. Below is the code and I hope it's correct.

starting_day = int(input('Sunday through Saturday is 0 through 6, so what Day number are you leaving? '))

length_of_day = int(input('How many days will you be away? '))

Total_days = starting_day + length_of_day

Returning_day = Total_days % 7

print(f'You will return on Day {Returning_day} ')

Nice work! Keep it up. It works perfectly....

It is normal to feel like that sometimes but with practice, it gets better. Knowing only the basics of programming will not help you to overcome every single challenge you encounter, one has to be able to think algorithmically to be able to solve problems. One way to go about this is to first understand the problem you are trying to solve. After having a good understanding of the problem, translating it into code will be very simple.

1 Like

Re: My Collections Of Python Projects by Jas80: 2:30pm On Aug 24, 2020
KlausMichaelson:

Wow I'm just getting to know about the Foreach loop. Sir I will go back to learn it. Thanks, I really appreciate your response.

Sir kindly look at the Code I wrote for that task. Tell me what you think about it cos it actually ran perfectly. Thank you

Modified
It works fine

1 Like

Re: My Collections Of Python Projects by ibromodzi: 2:43pm On Aug 24, 2020
Jas80:

It works fine, but consider a scenario where the user left on day 2, that's on Tuesday and spent just 1day, this scenario will lead to a situation of 3%7
The result does not change. 3%7 will return 3...

1 Like

Re: My Collections Of Python Projects by Jas80: 2:51pm On Aug 24, 2020
ibromodzi:

The result does not change. 3%7 will return 3...

That's true, thank you,my bad

1 Like

Re: My Collections Of Python Projects by KlausMichaelson: 10:04pm On Aug 28, 2020
For the past few days My attention has been drawn to Web Development. Honestly speaking, It's really cool being a web developer.

At my spare time I still practice Data Analysis with Excel, Pandas, Matplotlib etc.

I'm using Python and Django Frame work. It's been a smooth ride so far. I use Mosh Hamedani's Video on Python for Beginners (there is a part of it he created an online shopping website and its about 1hr16mins), Cs Dojo (Creating a To-do App with Django), and one other guy I can't remember his name(about 4hrs video on Django and he used Sublime text as his IDE).

I actually followed up with Mosh Hamedani and I successfully completed the project but then I believe I haven't mastered the whole steps. So now I have picked up a new book where I write down every steps taken when creating a website. It requires patience I must say but I believe I can achieve that goal of becoming a web developer.

After learning the whole process of developing a website using Django, my next step would be to learn Flask(another frame work). I intend to achieve all these before school resumption.

One day by the Special grace of God, I'll be a very successful Developer. I'll also be a good teacher, so help me God Amen!

2 Likes

Re: My Collections Of Python Projects by KlausMichaelson: 10:10pm On Aug 28, 2020
Please can someone clear me on this one.

I have been wondering how possible is it to now make the Website I created using Django (because Django creates a Server for you to test run your Website) become a real website using another server

Is that where hosting comes in??
That I'll have to check for any Hosting whatever to host my website for me

I've been trying to answer that question. I believe that some of my Ogas here must have at some point asked themselves that same question grin grin grin
Re: My Collections Of Python Projects by MAKEOUTHILL: 8:46am On Aug 29, 2020
going through your thread got me smiling.

tbh this whole Python thing isn't as easy as advertised grin

i initially started learning via e-books (huge mistake), I got frustrated and kept Python on the back burner while I dipped my hand into SQL.

determined not to use the e-book route for SQL, i stumbled onto Mosh's YouTube page and took his SQL course. it was really nice and with the help of a few other courses on SQL, I can boldly say I have a firm grasp on database management now.

I recently found out that he also has a Python course, so I decided to try again.
That man is really something tbh, he really reignited my interest in the language.

here's an advice from newbie to newbie, really try and get what you want to apply Python for and learn everything Python has to offer that'll help in that regard. cause honestly if you try and learn everything about everything it's really overwhelming (for me at least).

As for me I intend to use Python for Data Analytics, so I'm focusing mainly on Pandas, Numpy and BeautifulSoup (I don't really fancy Matplotlib for visualisation, then again, that's just me).

Goodluck (to both of us I guess grin).
May the syntax forever be in your favour.
Bless.

1 Like

Re: My Collections Of Python Projects by KlausMichaelson: 10:01am On Aug 29, 2020
MAKEOUTHILL:
going through your thread got me smiling.

tbh this whole Python thing isn't as easy as advertised grin

i initially started learning via e-books (huge mistake), I got frustrated and kept Python on the back burner while I dipped my hand into SQL.

determined not to use the e-book route for SQL, i stumbled onto Mosh's YouTube page and took his SQL course. it was really nice and with the help of a few other courses on SQL, I can boldly say I have a firm grasp on database management now.

I recently found out that he also has a Python course, so I decided to try again.
That man is really something tbh, he really reignited my interest in the language.

here's an advice from newbie to newbie, really try and get what you want to apply Python for and learn everything Python has to offer that'll help in that regard. cause honestly if you try and learn everything about everything it's really overwhelming (for me at least).

As for me I intend to use Python for Data Analytics, so I'm focusing mainly on Pandas, Numpy and BeautifulSoup (I don't really fancy Matplotlib for visualisation, then again, that's just me).

Goodluck (to both of us I guess grin).
May the syntax forever be in your favour.
Bless.

smiley
Thanks a lot for your well thought out advice, I really appreciate it.

My initial interest lied on Data Analysis. My intention was to master the tools to an extent where it becomes handy and usefuel for my project Analysis and also as a means to make money from other students whom I'll assist in the analysis of undergraduate project report. So far so good I believe I've achieved my target. So I'm taking a pause on that path at the moment. Tho in my spare time I still practice.

Recently I have fallen in love with Web development. I must say it's cool. It's not a bad idea if I become proficient in both Data Analysis and Web development hence the need to also learn Web development along the line.
Remember in my opening post for this thread I said "I'll like to be like Mosh Hamedani or even better". Mosh Hamedani is an all-rounder he is everything so far as programming is concerned (Web developer, Data analyst, Data Scientist, Software Engineer etc). If being an all-rounder gives an edge or not is a matter of discuss for another day.

Once again, I appreciate your well thought out advice. Thank you.

And yes may our Syntax forever be in our favour grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Check Out My Android App (exam Prep) / Foundations Of Programming: Fundamentals / Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.