Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,312 members, 7,839,506 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

God Over Everything - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Over Everything (368 Views)

Twitter Users Call Out God Over Rape Case / Rev. Dr. Chidi Okoroafor Suspended By Assemblies Of God Over Sexual Immorality / God Over Money: The Choice You Must Make (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God Over Everything by Missyajoke(f): 8:34am On Jul 30, 2020
Good morning everyone am here to share a message titled " God over everything "

Source :
https://www.faithlafayette.org/resources/sermons/god-owns-everything-and-i-own-nothing

It all starts here.  Before you can go any further you have to understand this one main point.  Ready?  God is everything and  EVERYTHING COUNTS.  Everything you do, do as a servant of God.  Everywhere you go, go with God at your side.  Every person you meet, greet then as a child of God.  You have to be willing to give the whole of your being to this journey.

God owns everything; you own nothing.

God has entrusted you with everything you have.

You can either increase or diminish what God has given you; He wants you to increase it.

Some day you will give an account of your stewardship, and it may be today.

Philippians 1:20 (NLT), “For I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past. And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die.” 

Ephesians 5:18-21 - And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord; always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father; and be subject to one another in the fear of Christ.

Colossians 3:16-17 - Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God…

2 ways that God Owns Everything should impact how we think and live

I. See Everything as a Tool for God’s Glory because He Owns It Anyway (vv. 1-2)
A. God owns everything means that God owns everything (v. 1)
1. The earth belongs to the Lord (v. 1a)

2. The contents of the earth belong to the Lord (v. 1b)

3. The people on the earth belong to the Lord (v. 1c)

“The single toughest prayer I personally prayed was acknowledging Robin belonged to God, I was merely a steward.  I remember that prayer the first time, the words struggled to come out of my mouth.  I was in my workshop and it was painful.  I also asked God to give me the strength to handle the situation gracefully, however it turned out.”

B. God owns everything because He is the Creator (v. 2)

II. Develop the Right Character and Heart Toward the Lord (vv. 3-6)
Psalm 24:3 - Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord? And who may stand in His holy Place?

A. Be a person whose actions are blameless (v. 4a)
“For the first time in my life a major trial was given to me that working harder, working more, etc. I had zero ability to fix.  We had to seek help and being an introverted, self-sufficient family was no longer an option.”

B. Be a person whose motivations are pure (v. 4a)
C. Be a person who is faithful to God (v. 4b)
D. Be a person who keeps their promises (v. 4c)
E. Be a person who has confidence that God will reward you at the right time (v. 5)

God First, God Last, God in all things.  God in all ways.  Can you handle that?  Okay then, let go and let God.

So, when you pray ask God to use all of you—all your talents, all your mind, all your heart—physically, emotionally, and mentally.  Ask God to use all of you so that no part of your mind, body and soul will go unused.  Ask—and then listen.

Good morning once again
Re: God Over Everything by sonmvayina(m): 9:08am On Jul 30, 2020
By the way side... How does Satan figure in all of this.. Do you think he is under God too part of God or dual opposite of God?
Re: God Over Everything by Dtruthspeaker: 10:25am On Jul 30, 2020
sonmvayina:
By the way side... How does Satan figure in all of this.. Do you think he is under God too part of God or dual opposite of God?

The Highest and the Most Powerful made all things Good and He Loves the Firsts for Good.

But Satan is the first for everything Stupid, Foolish, bad and evil, so the Highest cursed him with evil.

And that is why his full name is The-evil aka D'evil aka Devil!

(1) (Reply)

Matured Minds, Advise Needed!!! / Prophecy Concerning Nigeria: Judgment Is Coming*Get Ready! / Three right and wrong reason why pastors leave former church and open a new one

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.