Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

I Got 1.5 Million And A Car In One Day As A Gateman For A Bank (fiction) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Got 1.5 Million And A Car In One Day As A Gateman For A Bank (fiction) (286 Views)

I Asked An A.I To Tell Me A Scary Story And This Is What I Got / How You Can Make $100 A Day As A Writer: Hidden Strategy / Mummy's Gateman And I (when Mom Finds Out) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Got 1.5 Million And A Car In One Day As A Gateman For A Bank (fiction) by betapikin15: 12:57pm On Jul 30, 2020
This is a fictional work. Enjoy.
I have been working as a gateman for about 2 years now. The pay is not much but it's manageable since my wife contributes with the profit from her shop. We don't have any children yet because we don't want them to suffer in poverty.

During the lockdown as a result of the COVID-19, the bank has taken measures to curb the spread of the virus. As a result, one must wear face mask and hand gloves before entering the bank. As a gateman, it is my duty to ensure that everyone complies with this directive and I have been doing that. We now have large crowds outside the bank because of the restriction.

One hot afternoon, a man rushed to the gate panting and sweating. He wanted to run into the bank but the crowd won't listen saying that they were there before him. He shouted to me that I should hear him out, I noticed his desperation and motioned him to come closer.

On getting closer, he hurriedly pleaded that I let him in, that he was just robbed of his phone and ATM card. He also said that they already took the password for his mobile app before he ran out. My colleagues were busy telling him to wear face mask first but I quickly gave him mine.

I then opened the gate and ushered him in. I then walked him into the bank and straight to the customer service attendant that would block his account. After blocking it, we realized that they already transferred 1.5 million but the man was not bothered.

I asked why he was smiling and he said he had 45 million, and now he has 43.5 million, that he is happy they didn't take much. He said he was really grateful and that as soon as his account is unblocked he will reward me. I was happy and thanked him in advance.

The next day he came into the bank with his face mask and went to do his transaction. When he came out, he handed me a check of 1.5 million and pointed at a car parked in front of bank saying its now mine. I thanked him, pushed him, carried him up. My joy knew no bounds. I looked at my new Camry and smiled but the car is old model 2002 imagine.

I went home and my wife was surprised to see me in a car, I narrated the story to her and she was so happy. She now said I must take her on a date to an expensive restaurant which I have never done before. I agreed since I now have 1.5 million. It's not easy.�

I am really happy I didn't follow all the instructions exactly how my superiors gave it. My advice to other workers is to apply wisdom when carrying out instructions, you are not a robot

1 Like

Re: I Got 1.5 Million And A Car In One Day As A Gateman For A Bank (fiction) by majamajic(m): 1:01pm On Jul 30, 2020
Hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Please Help / Recommended: The Lean Start Up By Eric Ries / GODMAN QUOTES 32 (digest It Without Eating It)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.