Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,115 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

8 Reasons To Use Php In 2020 - Programming (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / 8 Reasons To Use Php In 2020 (6228 Views)

You Can Use Php For That Chat Application Instead Of Expensive Node.js / Php Mysql: Use Php To Serialize Mysql Table / Can Someone Learn PHP In Four Contact (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: 8 Reasons To Use Php In 2020 by Bahat: 12:12am On Aug 27, 2021
Enceladus:

The kernel does the Io action. When you run an Io code you have two choices. Wait for the kernel to execute the code or tell the kernel to inform you when it's done executing the code.

If you are waiting for the kernel, then you are blocking. If you told the kernel to inform you when it's done then you are non blocking and can do other things while the kernel is not done with executing the code.

Nice �. What about File and network system non-blocking. Well no need to stress on that. Same applies to process that access or poll resources from a central serving point.

An Engine is also a process.

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons To Use Php In 2020 by Topmaike007(m): 10:13am On Sep 24, 2021
micodon:

If you said PHP is "very fast", then it's speed should be measured compared with other languages. And when you compare, you find out that PHP is actually slow.

in the real world PHP is slow. That's why Facebook built HHVM. That's why good developer/company would not build any performance critical web app in PHP.
now we are in 2021 and I still find your comments useful, I need to ask you something I want to venture into full stack web developing which languages do you recommend for someone that want to work with freelance site
Re: 8 Reasons To Use Php In 2020 by micodon(m): 9:35pm On Sep 28, 2021
Topmaike007:
now we are in 2021 and I still find your comments useful, I need to ask you something I want to venture into full stack web developing which languages do you recommend for someone that want to work with freelance site

It all depends. My suggestion would be to start with PHP (or Python) and MySQL for the backend, HTML, CSS and JS for the frontend. You can then venture into Python (or PHP), then Golang.

Whichever way, developers never stop learning. You can decide to start with Ruby and still get to the top.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Android Code Competition For Nigerian Developers - The result is out / Solving Real Problems / Java Server Pages (jsp) Or Java Server Face(jsf Which Path To Trend? ? ? ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.