Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Court Orders Immediate Swearing In Of Agboola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Immediate Swearing In Of Agboola (3271 Views)

9 Ondo House Members Dissociate Themselves From Impeachnent Of Agboola Ajayi / Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff / Supreme Court Orders Immediate Swearing-in Of Uzodinma As Imo Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Orders Immediate Swearing In Of Agboola by HappyNigerian: 2:21pm On Jul 30, 2020
The Court of Appeal, Ilorin Division, on Wednesday ordered the immediate swearing-in of Raheem Agboola, the Peoples Democratic Party candidate for the Ilorin South state constituency in the 2019 general elections into the Kwara State House of Assembly.

The appellate court dismissed the motion filed by the candidate of the All Progressives Congress in the election, Azeez Elewu, and declared that the APC had no candidate in the election.

The appeal court in November last year had earlier declared Agboola as the winner of the Ilorin South constituency of the Kwara State House of Assembly election held on March 10, 2019 and ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission to issue certificate of return to the PDP candidate in the election.

The appellate court also ordered that Elewu and his party should pay a fine of N50,000.

But the Speaker of the Kwara State House of Assembly, Yakubu Danladi, refused to swear in Agboola, who is the only member of the opposition party in the APC-dominated Assembly, as he insisted that Elewu, the substituted candidate of the APC in the House of Assembly election, was not joined in case that challenged the election result at the election petitions tribunal.

As a result, the Speaker and the APC headed to the Federal High Court to file a petition against the judgment of the Appeal Court which was subsequently dismissed by the court while another appeal was filed on the matter.

The appeal court in deciding the case set up a special panel of three Justices to look into the case.

Reading the lead judgment on Wednesday, Justice J. Onyemenan dismissed the motion filed by the four respondents that included Elewu, the APC, the Speaker and the Clerk of the Kwara State House of Assembly.

The court frowned on the leadership of the Kwara State House of Assembly for allegedly refusing to swear in the PDP candidate as the duly elected representative of Ilorin South Constituency in the House, as ordered by the court.

He said that Speaker and the Clerk of the House of Assembly had no right not to recognise any member declared by the court as the duly elected winner of an election.

While Elewu was fined the sum of N200,000 by the court, he was also directed to return all the salaries and allowances he had collected so far as a member of the Assembly.

The court also ordered the Speaker and the Clerk of the Assembly as well as the APC to pay a fine of N300,000.

The court also ordered that Agboola of the PDP should be admitted and sworn in as the duly elected member of the House, representing the people of Ilorin South

https://www.inform.ng/post/court-orders-immediate-swearing-in-of-agboola

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Immediate Swearing In Of Agboola by horpeyvictor: 2:59pm On Jul 30, 2020
Waoh, what a succinct verdict from that judge .

Our democracy would at least have been the best among others if the judiciary really display true justice and independence. May God help us...

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Immediate Swearing In Of Agboola by wisesoul(m): 3:08pm On Jul 30, 2020
Hmmmmm
Re: Court Orders Immediate Swearing In Of Agboola by RichBoy247: 3:17pm On Jul 30, 2020
There will be no PDP member in Kwara Assembly. Tell the judges that I said so. If the guy wants to be in Kwara Assembly, tell him to cross over to APC. If he doesn't cross over to APC, then he will be sitting at the Court and not Kwara Assembly. We have had enough of PDP in Kwara State.

If you are not from Kwara State and you come and put your smelling mouth in Kwara Assembly matter, then Thunder will fire you and the judges together
Re: Court Orders Immediate Swearing In Of Agboola by illicit(m): 3:20pm On Jul 30, 2020
Okay I thought it's the Agboola in Ondo state
Re: Court Orders Immediate Swearing In Of Agboola by softeeg: 3:23pm On Jul 30, 2020
m
illicit:
Okay I thought it's the Agboola in Ondo state

me too

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Immediate Swearing In Of Agboola by Jostoman: 3:30pm On Jul 30, 2020
RichBoy247:
There will be no PDP member in Kwara Assembly. Tell the judges that I said so. If the guy wants to be in Kwara Assembly, tell him to cross over to APC. If he doesn't cross over to APC, then he will be sitting at the Court and not Kwara Assembly. We have had enough of PDP in Kwara State.

If you are not from Kwara State and you come and put your smelling mouth in Kwara Assembly matter, then Thunder will fire you and the judges together
thunder wey don fire you already

8 Likes

Re: Court Orders Immediate Swearing In Of Agboola by alhabeeb(m): 4:05pm On Jul 30, 2020
RichBoy247:

you're kidding right! am sure the clerk of the house will do the right thing now.
Re: Court Orders Immediate Swearing In Of Agboola by Oddsmaster06: 5:14pm On Jul 30, 2020
Is this news true

Okay, I dey come Mk I check

Just calm down
Re: Court Orders Immediate Swearing In Of Agboola by pcicero(m): 6:25pm On Jul 30, 2020
RichBoy247:

When Saraki decides to go back to APC, what will be your own fate Mr Kwara?

7 Likes

Re: Court Orders Immediate Swearing In Of Agboola by RichBoy247: 6:33pm On Jul 30, 2020
pcicero:

When Saraki decides to go back to APC, what will be your own fate Mr Kwara?

Can't you see that we have seperated the wheat from the shaft? Saraki is gone to where he belongs, to the looters' gang.
Re: Court Orders Immediate Swearing In Of Agboola by Sammy07: 6:36pm On Jul 30, 2020
RichBoy247:

I just hate how Sarakis families milked the state dried.
Re: Court Orders Immediate Swearing In Of Agboola by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 30, 2020
noted
swear him in
Re: Court Orders Immediate Swearing In Of Agboola by mankay(m): 9:46pm On Jul 30, 2020
RichBoy247:

Indeed APC is a party that has regard for the rule law and have respect for the wish of the mercies
Re: Court Orders Immediate Swearing In Of Agboola by kiddkash(m): 12:05am On Jul 31, 2020
all these courts of swearing, maybe this is why politician behave like people with causes on their heads
Re: Court Orders Immediate Swearing In Of Agboola by Idiotseverywher: 12:54am On Jul 31, 2020
RichBoy247:

. Which local government area are you from in kwara and the name of your village if not that thunder will face you

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Immediate Swearing In Of Agboola by obinoral1179(m): 1:02am On Jul 31, 2020
RichBoy247:

we go put mouth and thunder no go fire anybody... The speaker should swear him in, that is the beauty of democracy....
Re: Court Orders Immediate Swearing In Of Agboola by Ezkid(m): 1:40am On Jul 31, 2020
RichBoy247:

Who is this Rich Fool?

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Immediate Swearing In Of Agboola by timagentms: 6:32am On Jul 31, 2020
RichBoy247:

It's not MADNESS, It's called MADNESS, although some will call it MADNESS, but the real spelling is MADNESS of the Kwaran APC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Immediate Swearing In Of Agboola by Johnnyessence(m): 7:19am On Jul 31, 2020
congratulations to the honorable Assembly member.
Re: Court Orders Immediate Swearing In Of Agboola by escohido123: 7:44am On Jul 31, 2020
RichBoy247:

The way thunder has fired u that u can't think.
Re: Court Orders Immediate Swearing In Of Agboola by Ruggedniggaone: 8:26am On Jul 31, 2020
RichBoy247:

you are obviously MAD for this gibberish
Re: Court Orders Immediate Swearing In Of Agboola by johnmartus(m): 8:33am On Jul 31, 2020
Lol not only needful. This is third cases in favor of Agboola .
alhabeeb:
you're kidding right! am sure the clerk of the house will do the right thing now.

(1) (Reply)

Inflation, COVID-19 Pandemic Deny 4.4 Million People Access To Food / Tinubu Owns All The Markets In Lagos - Joe Igbokwe Says As He List Them / Early Forecast On The 2023 Presidential Election.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.