Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Competing With Jesus' Words - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Competing With Jesus' Words (123 Views)

Why Does Allah Seem To Copy Jesus Words? / 8 Prophets Drown In Zimbabwe While Competing To Retrieve "Holy Stick"(video) / COZA Celebrates Easter With "Jesus Paid It All" Event!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Competing With Jesus' Words by davidinchrist(m): 9:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
The greatest opponents or ENEMIES of Jesus' commandments today are professing Christians who are only concerned about some "soothing" aspects of the scriptures, and wouldn't bother to give attention to those other parts that do not sooth or interest them according to their Lusts.

This is especially common with Great Greedy Pastors/Prophets/Church founders, they would be particular about verses of the Bible that major on "Giving to God": TITHING, First fruits, Imposed Vows, etc. And would carefully search and select those verses to justify themselves, even if they are EXPIRED Old-covenant teachings that has been fulfilled in Christ. Of course, Money, Popularity and business growth are more important to them than people's Souls.

They would completely IGNORE the messages about the CROSS of Christ for every true believer, while giving False hope and promises of Entering God's Kingdom:

Matt.10.37 - He who loves father or mother MORE than Me is NOT WORTHY of Me. And he who LOVES son or daughter MORE than Me is NOT WORTHY of Me.

Matt.10.38 - And he who DOES NOT take his CROSS and FOLLOW after Me is NOT WORTHY of Me.

No, nothing doing. They wouldn't like to preach that which says YOU MUST LOVE Jesus MORE than YOUR Pastors, Prophets, Church founders and Church friends. Then the Big Business will collapse really quickly, and those deep LIES would be mercilessly exposed: all those SPECIAL LIES about Tithing, first fruits, etc.

Moreover, people will start questioning WHY some CLEAR-CUT commandments of Jesus are STRICTLY AVOIDED, while some MAN-MADE, Church or Men's TRADITIONS are "passionately" Preached and Practiced.

It's not all the Preachers' fault, though: People GET what they WANT.

Do you want Earthly Prosperity MORE than Heavenly prosperity?

Sure! The devil has got false ministers to manage that.

How about FALSE Grace, easy gospel of living in Sin: the Once saved ALWAYS saved thing?

Very well, there are plenty of them.

Lastly, the type every true believer MUST BEWARE of is that which would make you LOOK VERY HOLY on the outside with perhaps some religious works, but still TERRIBLY WORLDLY inside: the love of MONEY, honour of Men, anger, gossip, hatred, fear of Men, Selfishness and Pride, lust of the eyes, Lying, Sexual Sins, etc. Truly, there are GREAT Men and Women in charge of this too.

Let's take a look at what the Holy Spirit said about them through Paul:

Phil.3.18 - For MANY walk, of WHOM I have told you often, and now tell you EVEN WEEPING, that they are the ENEMIES OF THE CROSS of Christ:

Phil.3.19 - whose END is "destruction", whose god is their BELLY, and WHOSE GLORY is in their SHAME--who set their MIND on EARTHLY things.

Once the Cross of Christ is missing, then SURELY those other "nice things" will replace the Truth of Jesus: obedience to God's Word. And once a Pastor/Church founder's heart is on MONEY and Pleasing his Crowd of loyal followers; then LIES, Religious Lies and Compromise of the Truth MUST FOLLOW. And even if he must speak the truth, it would be just mere words for a show; he doesn't really mean it.

2Pet.2.3 - In their GREED they will make up CLEVER LIES to get hold of YOUR MONEY. But God condemned them long ago, and their "destruction" is on the way.

If we are truly SERIOUS about Eternal life, no Religious Man or Woman, Great or Small would be MORE important to us. Otherwise, we open our hearts up to DEEP DECEPTIONS of Men of the End times.

Titus.1.16 - They profess to know God, but in WORKS they DENY Him, being abominable, DISOBEDIENT, and disqualified for EVERY good work.

Finally:

Matt.16.24 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If ANYONE DESIRES to come after Me, let him DENY HIMSELF, and take up HIS CROSS, and follow Me.

Matt.16.25 - For whoever desires to SAVE his life will LOSE it, but whoever LOSES his life for My sake will FIND it.

May the Lord Jesus bless you.
Re: Competing With Jesus' Words by davidinchrist(m): 8:44am On Jul 31, 2020
Phil.3.18 - For MANY walk, of WHOM I have told you often, and now tell you EVEN WEEPING, that they are the ENEMIES OF THE CROSS of Christ:

Phil.3.19 - whose END is "destruction", whose god is their BELLY, and WHOSE GLORY is in their SHAME--who set their MIND on EARTHLY things.

(1) (Reply)

(25). Your Dreams Could Be The Cause Of Your Problems. / TD Jakes – Pain And Passion Produce Purpose / Unpopular Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.