Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,159 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead (13571 Views)

NBA President Akpata Absent At Body Of Benchers’ Meeting / 4,000 Ghost Voters Participated In NBA Election - South-West Lawyers' Forum / Olumide Akpata Biography: 9 Things To Know About The Newly Elected NBA President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by Omooba77: 10:13pm On Jul 30, 2020
One of three presidential candidates in the Nigerian Bar Association national elections, Dele Adesina (SAN), has called for the cancellation of the poll, describing the exercise as a sham.

In the electronic poll, which began at 11pm on Wednesday and is scheduled to end by 11pm on Thursday, Adesina was picking the rear with 3,730 votes as of 8.17pm.

A former Chairman of the NBA Section on Business Law, Olumide Akpata, was in the lead with 9,277 votes; while the third candidate, Dr Babatunde Ajibade (SAN), was in the middle with 4,063 votes.

Out the total 29,636 accredited voters, 17,174 had cast their votes as of 8.17pm.

Adesina’s call for the cancellation of the elections came few hours to the end of the exercise.

In a petition to the Chairman of the Electoral Committee of the NBA, Chief Tawo Tawo (SAN), Adesina alleged that the voter register contained “grave errors of omission and commission,” including the existence of “names of purported lawyers without branches ascribed to them from Serial Number 25171 to 29635.”

He added, “Several cases of reported disenfranchisement by members whose names were not on the list. A Senior Advocate of Nigeria, who contacted the helpline line to lodge his complaint, was told that it is because he did not have his SAN’s number. Query! Is SAN’s number a requirement?

“Issues were also raised on the security of the NBA Membership Portal.”

He stated, “I call on you Mr Chairman and members of the Electoral Committee of the Nigerian Bar Association to cancel this sham election.

“It is needless to say that if the process is bad, the product cannot be good. Thank you.”
https://punchng.com/adesina-wants-nba-election-cancelled-as-akpata-maintains-lead/

Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by Omooba77: 10:19pm On Jul 30, 2020
Akpata has Lalastically won. First non SAN to become. NBA President.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by SmartProf(m): 10:21pm On Jul 30, 2020
You want it cancelled cos you aren't leading nor likely to win abi? Some persons just lack the spirit of sportsmanship. If you have lost this one, you can wait for the next election or you sit your ass down as the head of your family. Afterall that one too is headship.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by janedonez(m): 10:27pm On Jul 30, 2020
This is ridiculous
Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by Omooba77: 10:30pm On Jul 30, 2020
SmartProf:
You want it cancelled cos you aren't leading nor likely to win abi? Some persons just lack the spirit of sportsmanship. If you have lost this one, you can wait for the next election or you sit your ass down as the head of your family. Afterall that one too is headship.

Nigeria politicians for you
No opportunity to snatch ballot boxes.
This is what Nigeria should be clamoiring for; Electronic voting and less of blood flow. God bless Nigeria.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by NOC1(m): 10:36pm On Jul 30, 2020
Omooba77:
Akpata has Lalastically was won. First non SAN to become. NBA President.

Really?

Was that the reason why my friends wha are junior lawyers where shouting Olu up and down, campaigning like mad people.
They cooked for the so called big benchers, revolution is good

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by Omooba77: 10:40pm On Jul 30, 2020
NOC1:

Really?

Was that the reason why my friends wha are junior lawyers where shouting Olu up and down, campaigning like mad people.
They cooked for the so called big benchers, revolution is good

I tell you my brother. They wanted to disqualified for not being a SAN, but no where in constitution says President must sorely be a SAN.

Nigeria Youth can do it, Only if we are United, I saw Mr OAM4J for the first time tonight........

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by jidamsel43(m): 10:43pm On Jul 30, 2020
The Non- SAN members are more than SANs. It is expected that most lawyers will vote for Akpata

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by NOC1(m): 10:47pm On Jul 30, 2020
Omooba77:

I tell you my brother. They wanted to disqualified for not being a SAN, but no where in constitution says President must sorely be a SAN.

Nigeria Youth can do it, Only if we are United, I saw Mr OAM4J for the first time tonight........

Yea bro, we are still holding ourselves on the ground

1 Like

Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by Omooba77: 10:59pm On Jul 30, 2020
NOC1:

Yea bro, we are still holding ourselves on the ground
Keep Faith! One minute more!
Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by otokx(m): 11:01pm On Jul 30, 2020
The foundation of election is voters register, if there is any NBA member that is up to date and is unable to find his name in the voters register, such a person is free to complain.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by fergie001: 11:09pm On Jul 30, 2020
I am so happy for kpatakpata.......

I needed Ajibade or Olu.....but Olu's divine.

He isn't winning, he is massacring.............. grin cheesy cheesy

Gbefun....Adesina sorry oooooo, you lost your chance years ago.

Omooba77:

Keep Faith! One minute more!
Done deal.........party party party
futuragetty......E don happen o

Omooba77:

He has won!!!!
Oya, hit me!
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by Omooba77: 11:11pm On Jul 30, 2020
fergie001:
He has won!!!!
Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by IJOBA2: 12:07am On Jul 31, 2020
Omooba77:

He has won!!!!
IS HE TINUBUS BOYgrin
Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by edoairways: 12:20am On Jul 31, 2020
SmartProf:
If things were fair I doubt if he would raise an eyebrow. What do you expect from emphatically corrupt nation that breed, and eat corruption.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by obinoral1179(m): 12:39am On Jul 31, 2020
Congratulations to the winner.
Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by Futuragetty: 12:57am On Jul 31, 2020
fergie001:

Done deal.........party party party
futuragetty......E don happen o

Oya, hit me!
grin grin grin grin

Yay! I hope all our efforts, esp. New wigs won't be for nothing. I too believe in Ajibades' dream for every lawyer.
Ajibade would have won if not for the plans of the Grey hairs in the bar, esp. SAN's to make the office of thee NBA chairman sacred only for SAN's.
#RebirthOfTheNBA
Fergie, If you ever get here, I dey owe you 3 bottle of Heineken and Isi Ewu grin

2 Likes

Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by BREYZ: 2:03am On Jul 31, 2020
Adeshina should go and rest abeg, him no even campaign well. Anyway, since they said the position should be reserved for a none SAN, we showed them that we want a none SAN grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by allthingsgood: 4:20am On Jul 31, 2020
Pdp Sore loser
Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by Nobody: 4:23am On Jul 31, 2020
Early morning sex is sweet kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by Flashsporthd: 4:25am On Jul 31, 2020
[/color]In the electronic poll, which began at 11pm on Wednesday and is scheduled to end by 11pm on Thursday, Adesina was picking the rear with 3,730 votes as of 8.17pm.[color=#000099]
Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by henryhemon(m): 4:25am On Jul 31, 2020
Omooba77:
Akpata has Lalastically won. First non SAN to become. NBA President.

Most of my colleagues are lawyers and they clearly preferred Akpata.
Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by Goddys(m): 4:28am On Jul 31, 2020
If another NBA election is conducted, Olu will still win. None of these SAN cares about the young lawyers. This is a tech age. We the young lawyers rule it in legal industry.

Some old lawyers cant be able to download an app from playstore not to talk of knowing how to log into NBA portal

9 Likes

Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by emmabest2000(m): 4:29am On Jul 31, 2020
Dickeyrider:
Early morning sex is sweet kiss

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by StagethemTVee: 4:29am On Jul 31, 2020
Akpata singing in Davido's voice: Dele is my boy grin grin grin
Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by Nobody: 4:36am On Jul 31, 2020
This is a sore loser and he must have been backed by our blothers who also supported Atikwuchukwu with their hard luck
Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by muykem: 4:36am On Jul 31, 2020
Go to election tribunal na. You see Nigerian problem now, losers hardly accept defeat and all contestant can't emerge victorious at the same time.
Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by adecz: 4:37am On Jul 31, 2020
Lawyers just love using
the word "Purported" !!

grin grin grin grin grin

I'm sure that the Lagos State Speaker
will be amongst the "Purported" lawyers wink wink wink,

If you know, you know!!

3 Likes

Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by Nobody: 5:01am On Jul 31, 2020
The question is, could Akpata's landslide victory be overturned even if the votes of all those he said were disenfranchised are awarded to him?
Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by emkz: 5:07am On Jul 31, 2020
SmartProf:

A non-SAN beating a SAN in an election of that magnitude is a dent on the ego of the SAN. Junior lawyers campaigned for Olumide Akpata and he granted an interview to discuss his plans. Did Debo Adesina SAN campaign publicly? So because he is a SAN, he must win the election against someone who articulated his ideas as much as possible?

10 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Management Lessons Everyone Should Know. / Ican Past Question And Answer - Download / Kindly Advise Me On The Behaviour Of My Managing Director

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.