Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,809 members, 7,824,371 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead (13580 Views)

NBA President Akpata Absent At Body Of Benchers’ Meeting / 4,000 Ghost Voters Participated In NBA Election - South-West Lawyers' Forum / Olumide Akpata Biography: 9 Things To Know About The Newly Elected NBA President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by Yankee101: 5:08am On Jul 31, 2020
If lawyers too go rig, wetin remain again?
Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by Openbusiness4: 5:44am On Jul 31, 2020
SmartProf:
You want it cancelled cos you aren't leading nor likely to win abi? Some persons just lack the spirit of sportsmanship. If you have lost this one, you can wait for the next election or you sit your ass down as the head of your family. Afterall that one too is headship.
Professor read d article, d man has valid reasons with proof. An eligible voter confirmed he couldn't vote. And this is bad that d NBA being the prestigious institution it is can't even do credible e-voting election devoid of irregularities, with less than 20,000 voters. This is exactly why Nigeria is not ripe for e-voting. Dey will manipulate d system to disenfranchise some sections of d public. Very bad! Even if a man is going to lose, let him lose honorably.

1 Like

Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by IgboSomalia: 5:49am On Jul 31, 2020
Openbusiness4:
Professor read d article, d man has valid reasons with proof. An eligible voter confirmed he couldn't vote. And this is bad that d NBA being the prestigious institution it is can't even do credible e-voting election devoid of irregularities, with less than 20,000 voters. This is exactly why Nigeria is not ripe for e-voting. Dey will manipulate d system to disenfranchise some sections of d public. Very bad! Even if a man is going to lose, let him lose honorably.

Adesina should go and sit down. The first time he contested it wasn't done online and he lost. Now, it is online and he lost. Even if the elections are conducted in the celestial realm, he would still lose.

9 Likes

Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by LordofNaija: 5:52am On Jul 31, 2020
Dickeyrider:
Early morning sex is sweet kiss
Onye piara gi oku na ututu a

1 Like

Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by uchman46(m): 6:05am On Jul 31, 2020
Congratulations to him,
Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by Mathew26(m): 6:31am On Jul 31, 2020
Openbusiness4:
Just hear yourself! Everything contained in the petition are preposterous and unthinkable of a SAN; first, how can he turn around to challenge a process that is yet to be determined or concluded but for his premeditations you won't see anything wrong in that ? Secondly, the entire process he complained of were first challenged by @ Olumide Akpata whose letter he himself quoted in that petition to the extent that they (the the entire Candidate) in the elections agreed that in spite of the vulnerabilities of the NBA Portal, the elections should go on. Perhaps, all that happened days ago before the elections! Talking about the totality of the voters list and the total vote casts, I think he should visit the site again and do a proper verification and computation before coming up with the figures he is relying on. This is because not all that we're accredited voted and even if everyone has to vote how can he guarantee all the votes to himself when he appeared in a third position not even second runner up! Finally, the processes for the conduct of the elections was known and the purported disenfranchisement could be as a result of many factors but certainly not within the fault of the ECNBA. We've had situations where accredited voters failed to undo the registered mobile numbers from "DND" to allow messages into their mobile devices where obtains the personal link to vote. On the whole, your Candidate should thank himself that the victory never exceeded the current figures because there is an ongoing revolutionary votes from young lawyers! Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by Evercurious(f): 6:58am On Jul 31, 2020
Omooba77:

I tell you my brother. They wanted to disqualified for not being a SAN, but no where in constitution says President must sorely be a SAN.

Nigeria Youth can do it, Only if we are United, I saw Mr OAM4J for the first time tonight........

Congratulations to him. And that's how we lll unseat all these old generational principalities in nigeria that do not want this country to progress

1 Like

Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by zoedew: 7:06am On Jul 31, 2020
Bitter loser! It’s all over! Disunited folks don’t get to lead!! Build bridges and yield if you must. That’s the way to go!! Congratulations to OLUMIDE AKPATA OTEDOLA!!!!
Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by fergie001: 7:06am On Jul 31, 2020
Futuragetty:

Yay! I hope all our efforts, esp. New wigs won't be for nothing. I too believe in Ajibades' dream for every lawyer.
Ajibade would have won if not for the plans of the Grey hairs in the bar, esp. SAN's to make the office of thee NBA chairman sacred only for SAN's.
#RebirthOfTheNBA
Fergie, If you ever get here, I dey owe you 3 bottle of Heineken and Isi Ewu grin
Oya hit me.......Keep am for me o
cheesy cheesy
Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by HRMK: 7:12am On Jul 31, 2020
NONSENSE,ITS NOT A DO OR DIE THING!
Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by kolexy(m): 7:16am On Jul 31, 2020
Omooba77:
Akpata has Lalastically won. First non SAN to become. NBA President.

He is not the 1st Non SAN to become President

1 Like

Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by Openbusiness4: 7:30am On Jul 31, 2020
Mathew26:
Just hear yourself! Everything contained in the petition are preposterous and unthinkable of a SAN; first, how can he turn around to challenge a process that is yet to be determined or concluded but for his premeditations you won't see anything wrong in that ? Secondly, the entire process he complained of were first challenged by @ Olumide Akpata whose letter he himself quoted in that petition to the extent that they (the the entire Candidate) in the elections agreed that in spite of the vulnerabilities of the NBA Portal, the elections should go on. Perhaps, all that happened days ago before the elections! Talking about the totality of the voters list and the total vote casts, I think he should visit the site again and do a proper verification and computation before coming up with the figures he is relying on. This is because not all that we're accredited voted and even if everyone has to vote how can he guarantee all the votes to himself when he appeared in a third position not even second runner up! Finally, the processes for the conduct of the elections was known and the purported disenfranchisement could be as a result of many factors but certainly not within the fault of the ECNBA. We've had situations where accredited voters failed to undo the registered mobile numbers from "DND" to allow messages into their mobile devices where obtains the personal link to vote. On the whole, your Candidate should thank himself that the victory never exceeded the current figures because there is an ongoing revolutionary votes from young lawyers! Thank you.
he's not my candidate. I dunt no him and I dunt have any affiliation, interest or bias with any of the contestants. Don't even know about d election if not for dis story on Nairaland. Am juz commenting as per d report, nutin more.
Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by Agbgift(f): 7:51am On Jul 31, 2020
Even if it is cancelled we will still vote for Olumide.

1 Like

Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by frankyychiji(f): 8:10am On Jul 31, 2020
divicode:
This is a sore loser and he must have been backed by our blothers who also supported Atikwuchukwu with their hard luck
You forgot you jinxed Atichukwu with your support in ACN?
Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by Elipsis: 9:39am On Jul 31, 2020
BREYZ:
Adeshina should go and rest abeg, him no even campaign well. Anyway, since they said the position should be reserved for a none SAN, we showed them that we want a none SAN grin cheesy grin cheesy
Adesina's campaign strategy was to drag Olumide up and down.

His campaign team did a very, very terrible job.Rather than sell their candidate, they kept on inventing one thing or the other against Akpata and Ajibade, thereby making the other candidates more popular.

The jokers couldn't even publicize Adesina's manifesto!

I always knew Adesina will come last.
Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 31, 2020
frankyychiji:
You forgot you jinxed Atichukwu with your support in ACN?

And Peter Obi
Jimi Agbaje
Adeleke

I should continue?
Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by frankyychiji(f): 10:45am On Jul 31, 2020
divicode:

And Peter Obi
Jimi Agbaje
Adeleke

I should continue?
Olu Falae, Nuhu Ribadu

Continue..
Re: Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead by Nana44: 2:40pm On Jul 31, 2020
I am happy Apata won, I voted for him

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Would You Want To Leave Your Current Job? / How Do You Cope When Sacked? / Some People Kill With Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.