Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President (22397 Views)

NBA President Akpata Absent At Body Of Benchers’ Meeting / Olumide Akpata Biography: 9 Things To Know About The Newly Elected NBA President / Nigeria Bar Association Election Voters Register Contains Bizarre Names (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by ojun50(m): 7:44am On Jul 31, 2020
deebee13:

Try doing your research on Olumide, he's comfortable within his means. He doesn't need NBA's money!
That is what you will say now after 4years you will say another tin.

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by ojun50(m): 7:45am On Jul 31, 2020
Brunicekid:
I honestly do not like when people are judged/stereotyped by their looks.

I happen to know Olumide Akpata, as we are both King's College Old Boys, and I see him in meetings...He isn't a "trickish" person.

The most important thing I want to tell you is not to judge people by their looks... That was exactly how Laycon of BBNaija was judged by his looks initially.

#SayNoToJudementbyLooks
OK sir
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by Agbgift(f): 7:48am On Jul 31, 2020
Finally our votes counted. Congratulations Olumide Akpata, and goodbye to the Cabals of NBA

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by Dextre(m): 7:48am On Jul 31, 2020
ojun50:
Main looking at his pics, am sure is coming to loot and collect is share too..... It is well with Nigerians

You really are not intelligent o, so because you saw the word president, you think say na inside bank be hin office
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by mofayodeyahoo: 7:49am On Jul 31, 2020
saintvc:
NBA

OF YORUBAS

BY.YORUBAS

FOR YORUBAS

His surname spelling suggest he might not from South West.
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by mofayodeyahoo: 7:49am On Jul 31, 2020
saintvc:
NBA
OF YORUBAS
BY.YORUBAS
FOR YORUBAS
His surname spelling suggest he might from South West.
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by sportFX: 7:51am On Jul 31, 2020
saintvc:
NBA

OF YORUBAS

BY.YORUBAS

FOR YORUBAS

Nwakanma Okoro

Mudiaga Odge

Ebele Nwokoye

O.C.J. Okocha, SAN

Augustine Alegeh

Just to name a few, are these Yoruba's too? I'm not yoruba or close but the way you children of nairaland have become so tribalistic that it beclouds your sense of reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by Born2Breed(f): 7:56am On Jul 31, 2020
saintvc:
NBA

OF YORUBAS

BY.YORUBAS

FOR YORUBAS

We refer to them as Edo nẹ'kure. Meaning Edo's from Akure axis.

His state ọf origin is Edo.

Son and Nephew to Ephraim and Tayo Akpata.

4 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by RichBoy247: 8:12am On Jul 31, 2020
ojun50:
Main looking at his pics, am sure is coming to loot and collect is share too..... It is well with Nigerians

Yes ke. Just like the idiots before him.

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by Ipayesco(m): 8:21am On Jul 31, 2020
candidtalk:

What exactly will he be "looting" as NBA President? Money allocated to buy judicial wigs and robes?

The first writer you commented on as a point which u choose to ignore. Come to think of it the election was alleged rigged in first instance. Its common sense to think that looting and rigging has a solid causation link. Think..
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by agabusta: 8:33am On Jul 31, 2020
Bobowest:

He is from Delta State

Edo state

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by Yus2020: 8:35am On Jul 31, 2020
Congratulations my Man
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by igwe699(m): 8:41am On Jul 31, 2020
Congratulobia
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by GEEBITE: 8:41am On Jul 31, 2020
Even after Paul Usoro's tenure who succeeded a Mahmoud from up north.Aint we tired of this tribal slurs yet?
saintvc:
NBA

OF YORUBAS

BY.YORUBAS

FOR YORUBAS

2 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by Sirwallace(m): 8:47am On Jul 31, 2020
Saw the guy on channels the other day. From my own observation, he is not the sharpest knife the NBA could offer.

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by Amozever12: 8:53am On Jul 31, 2020
saintvc:
NBA

OF YORUBAS

BY.YORUBAS

FOR YORUBAS
Tribalistic bigots like u are the reasaon Nigeria is still backward. NBA elections are zoned and this year was zoned to south-south, mind you, Olumide Apata is an Edo-born Lawyer and all the contestants for the NBA president are from South-south. Get ur facts well before spitting trash.

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by edoairways: 8:58am On Jul 31, 2020
AhmedEmeka:

That's what the cover is there for, so that you can Judge the book from it.

Why do you think we have book cover?
If I call you a thief how would feel?
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by kaludestiny10(m): 9:15am On Jul 31, 2020
The NBA president is an inconsequential position. None of the core northerners contested for any position. If it were for supreme court, appeal court or high court positions, you would have seen them everywhere.
I guess they don't value the NBA presidency position.

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by Emrixx(f): 9:21am On Jul 31, 2020
OUR CHOICE
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by Godtemi: 9:32am On Jul 31, 2020
agabusta:

Edo state

No his from Benin republic, his related to king of burakpta, that is where the name akpata came from.

Yeye, if the was arrested by EFCC now for fraud, you guys will be shouting Afonja. But now you re forming familiarity by all means grin
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by agabusta: 10:19am On Jul 31, 2020
Godtemi:

No his from Benin republic, his related to king of burakpta, that is where the name akpata came from.

Yeye, if the was arrested by EFCC now for fraud, you guys will be shouting Afonja. But now you re forming familiarity by all means grin

It seems you are an unrepentant tribalist.

What concerns giving accurate information about where someone hails from with this your unsolicited stories?
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by faderayo(f): 10:27am On Jul 31, 2020
Sirwallace:
Saw the guy on channels the other day. From my own observation, he is not the sharpest knife the NBA could offer.

Oshe detector of sharpest knife, anyways the elders in the legal profession, have built a coven not only in NBA but in legal profession as a whole.
I also don't see him as doing much but he made history which is a non SAN emerging has the NBA president.

Next time the so called SANs will never nullify the existence of the young lawyers
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by Asuito7(m): 10:29am On Jul 31, 2020
When did the tenure of Paul Usoro ends? Anybody knows
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by Bekool(m): 10:45am On Jul 31, 2020
igwe699:
AUTHENTIC NEWS GIANT

Olumide Akpata has emerged the President of Nigeria Bar Association NBA beating his rivals at the 2020 Elections.

Olumide Akpata Polled a total of  9891 votes beating his closest rival Dr Babatunde Ajibade who polled a total of 4328 votes while Julius Oladele Adesina scored 3982 votes.

https://authenticng.com/olumide-akpata-nigeria-bar-association-new-president-results/

Congrats to him this guy used to be my church member back then in warri.
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 31, 2020
edoairways:

If I call you a thief how would feel?
That one na your problem now and left for you to prove it.

I am telling you the reality of things, judging something by the cover might not be the best parameter but it is the first parameter.
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by Godtemi: 10:50am On Jul 31, 2020
agabusta:

It seems you are an unrepentant tribalist.

What concerns giving accurate information about where someone hails from with this your unsolicited stories?

Edo ko, ido ni
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by DeNovo: 11:17am On Jul 31, 2020
saintvc:
NBA

OF YORUBAS

BY.YORUBAS

FOR YORUBAS

My brother why are you embarrassing yourself by speaking on something you probably know nothing about?
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by DeNovo: 11:19am On Jul 31, 2020
Yebosola:

Is Rotimi Amaechi a Yoruba? Tribalism is the Achilles heels of development of this nation, purge yourself the hatred of the Omoluabis, for your days to be long.
please also help me ask him if the outgoing NBA president is also yoruba.
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by Omoejigbahe(m): 11:28am On Jul 31, 2020
saintvc:
NBA

OF YORUBAS

BY.YORUBAS

FOR YORUBAS

Say no to drugs
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by Samkent(m): 11:39am On Jul 31, 2020
edoairways:

How can you judge a book by it's cover? If you were to be judged, would accept the bad perception from people on this platform?

Not judging thou bt how abt the saying.....you can tell a ripe corn through it look?
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by edoairways: 12:42pm On Jul 31, 2020
Samkent:

Not judging thou bt how abt the saying.....you can tell a ripe corn through it look?
Can you tell if it is sweet or not? What if you see a ripe corn but it's taste is different
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges Nigeria Bar Association President by edoairways: 12:44pm On Jul 31, 2020
AhmedEmeka:

That one na your problem now and left for you to prove it.

I am telling you the reality of things, judging something by the cover might not be the best parameter but it is the first parameter.
That is why I ask you the rheorerical question. It only shows that you were uncomfortable because you know the answer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Experience Working For A One Man Business / Microsoft 70-410 new Exam dumps ( Exam Questions and Answers) (2016) / BBC Celebrates Julius Adewale Adedeji As The "Most Dedicated Police Officer"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.