Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,381 members, 7,958,066 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:17 AM

Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% (13103 Views)

JUST IN: Bread Price Increase As Bakers Hint On Fresh Increase In Production Cos / Prices Of Bread, Paste May Crash As FG Releases Four New Varieties Of Wheat / Bread Price May Rise By 10% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by 4four(m): 2:21pm On Jul 31, 2020
TOPCRUISE:
If it increase by 100 plus percent Nigerians will accept whatever the price. If I call all Nigerians out for a revolution, they will say I am on my own. sad
my brother, we youth of this generation in Nigeria are the most coward set of human being on the surface of the earth, what cause uprising in Egypt is not up to half of what we are facing in Nigeria but as I typical Nigerian we go keep on managing and enduring as if our name in endurance, you can imagines some Nigeria youth are still expecting somebody like pro Wole Soyinka, Falana etc to still be fighting for them at this peoples age. That is why me always say Nigeria is already doom, it can never get square root again

2 Likes

Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by candidbabe(f): 2:21pm On Jul 31, 2020
since I learnt how to bake puff-puff , bons and meat pie , l no longer buy bread..

Those bakers are ripping us off. you cannot imagine how much buns and meat pie you can make with just a measure of flour sold for #550

my people learn to prepare your food by your self

2 Likes

Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by Engraced80(f): 3:35pm On Jul 31, 2020
Gosh! my eye deceived me, I initially saw bride price instead of bread price and was wondering the connection between bride price and the cost of wheat.
Its wello.
Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by akaahs(m): 4:30pm On Jul 31, 2020
Brute2162:
Even for those of us that deal in Dollar and purchase things online. We're finding it hard to purchase things online because the charges are too much. This is very sad

This country is Gone!

Please any information on how to start
Help a brother!!
Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by Alwaysachick: 4:56pm On Jul 31, 2020
SarkinYarki:

How do you know they can't do without bread and tea... remember you thought them how to eat that stuff.. Well the can learn to eat oats and Moi Moi

Oats and moi moi.....I laff. When you become a parent, guidian or care giver esp with children, you will understand

Even some adults can't eat oats and moi moi. Kids have have always selected meals since immemorial.

We can only learn to give them kid friendly meals or find other creative ways to make them take such foods.

Back to the matter on ground....the price of flour is about to rise, bread isn't the only food that will be affected, snacks will too, shawarma for your girlfriends will also increase cheesy
Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by earnit3: 5:02pm On Jul 31, 2020
Many options

1 Like

Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by Wigetsolar: 5:33pm On Jul 31, 2020
Not again
Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by ThatFairGuy1: 5:33pm On Jul 31, 2020
Let's do some survey here, This is business
Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by KrazyDave16(m): 5:45pm On Jul 31, 2020
Macphenson:
So poor man cannot eat ordinary Agege bread in peace again.
My brother I don't know what to say to this...
Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by SarkinYarki: 5:46pm On Jul 31, 2020
Alwaysachick:

Oats and moi moi.....I laff. When you become a parent, guidian or care giver esp with children, you will understand

Even some adults can't eat oats and moi moi. Kids have have always selected meals since immemorial.

We can only learn to give them kid friendly meals or find other creative ways to make them take such foods.

Back to the matter on ground....the price of flour is about to rise, bread isn't the only food that will be affected, snacks will too, shawarma for your girlfriends will also increase cheesy

I don't eat or buy anything made with flour and so does my madam ...there are many parents that don't give their kids simple sugars and flours in any form and the kids are great ....Do u buy ribena for your kids to take to school every day ?

1 Like

Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by Alwaysachick: 6:01pm On Jul 31, 2020
SarkinYarki:

I don't eat or buy anything made with flour and so does my madam ...there are many parents that don't give their kids simple sugars and flours in any form and the kids are great ....Do u buy ribena for your kids to take to school every day ?

No I don't because I don't have kids but I stay around a lot of children.

What part of the country do you reside in presently?

If its in the north, fine! I know they have a lot of drinks made from natural foods that children like but if South Ribena and its likes is the order of the day, very few parents give their kids natural foods and drinks. Do they have time to prepare such drinks?
Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by chatinent: 6:02pm On Jul 31, 2020
Many people can't do without bread. Chai.
Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by Pelxmiye(m): 6:30pm On Jul 31, 2020
TOPCRUISE:
If it increase by 100 plus percent Nigerians will accept whatever the price. If I call all Nigerians out for a revolution, they will say I am on my own. sad

Text me on Whatsapp 08022168074...we have a large group of youths and we've been planning to start a revolution since June
Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by Sesughray: 9:46pm On Jul 31, 2020
Whatever happens, there must be no hike.
Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 6:05am On Aug 01, 2020
Hmmm ordinary indomie belle full na #250 now agege bread wey I still dey manage dey buy #200 with #80 iya Rhoda bead don cost again dis country Nawa oo
Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by Fudap: 3:05pm On Aug 01, 2020
We hope there won't be a price hike.

Happy New Month fellas.

Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by FirefliesSun(f): 7:54am On Aug 02, 2020
Bread is expensive already. They try to kill it with rising agendt sef
Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by FirefliesSun(f): 7:56am On Aug 02, 2020
candidbabe:
since I learnt how to bake puff-puff , bons and meat pie , l no longer buy bread..

Those bakers are ripping us off. you cannot imagine how much buns and meat pie you can make with just a measure of flour sold for #550

my people learn to prepare your food by your self
it's just business now.
Those who market bread sell at 300 naira per load and those who resell put 50 naira onto and sell for 350
Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by Cromagnon: 3:37pm On Aug 03, 2020
abi
he will come down and farm wheat for you ko?
JidennaJason:
The ineptitude of and gross incompetence of General buhari is really causing hardship in this country...

This was the same dullard that was preaching diversification and hammering on boosting the agricultural sector when he was installed by some group of Efulefu's.

The President of the Wheat Growers Association, Salim Muhammad is just giving us silly excuses.

You all should start choosing your Chinese name now, because the dullard has succeeded.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! / How And What Do You Use To Eat Ekuru? / Disgusting Cake Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.