Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu (63958 Views)

Terry Waya At Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (Pictures & Video) / Aliko Dangote Bags Honorary Doctorate In ABU Zaria, Femi Otedola Spotted / Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by Zeeknow3245(m): 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2020
Joshmodest:

Of all the foolish people quoting me on this topic , I choose to reply you so you can tell the rest ...
A student finishes with a 2.1 from school after spending 6 years or more due to unending strikes , and starts selling kunu and tiger nut ...
The mentality of you and your siblings in foolishness on this platform , is what I find questionable ...
We act like we aren't in this country , Bill Gates started Microsoft cos that was his passion , the CEO of KFC started the company cos that was his passion - something he loved ...
Are you and your slow witted friends telling me that the girls' passion is making kunu or the unemployment rate made her think out of the box , and start something since the system has failed.
All of you are the reasons Nigeria is like this , you want the youths to spend thousands of naira and so much time to study Medicine , Radiography or Law then graduate and start making liquid soap , Kunu , tiger nut or frying buns and small chops ..
Schnooks trying to have opinions everywhere !
This is the most sensible reply ever and I must say we need people like you in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by earnit3: 4:57pm On Jul 31, 2020
Blame fg
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by ronyman(m): 4:58pm On Jul 31, 2020
One funny thing is that she may well be making more money than most employees. Even drivers make more money than many MSc. holders. 9ja for you
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by vasco01(m): 5:02pm On Jul 31, 2020
Is never a crime

She is just trying to put what she has learned into reality

That make her a real business administrator
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by okleenG: 5:10pm On Jul 31, 2020
Looking at that lady I see no excitement at all... It is just a result of a failed system.

She has no other option than to help herself.
May God bless her hustle.

3 Likes

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by Alexpetra: 5:38pm On Jul 31, 2020
i know, i know say some people will give her thumb up, ...if their type help the country dey negotiate deals with China this loan deals that NASS are investigating won't happen or make dem dey government na bad thing?, as it is now if Nigeria is making #100 we will be paying #60 of loan we collected thanks to national Assembly saying they did not see it before signing the approval,kudos to her though. after TDBs ,lecturer frustrations, trecking, hungry, disappointments; na kunu , liquid soap, Barber, e.t.c dey for university graduates,SHAME SHAME to the federal republic of Nigeria.
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by chatinent: 6:07pm On Jul 31, 2020
And sb was advising me to leave my job and further my education. Smiles.
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by writeprof(m): 6:22pm On Jul 31, 2020
Acidosis:

Why can't a graduate sell or produce Kunu or Tigernut drink?

Are you high or something?

I commend the lady for her hardwork mixed with diligence and intelligence. She'll surely make it. Wish I could work with her for a better brand positioning.

Some of the bigger brands began in smaller ways.

God bless you for your wise response! The mindset that a graduate should not do some jobs or businesses is one of the major problems of this country and the education system. EDUCATION IS MEANT TO MAKE ONE CREATIVE AND IMPROVE ON ANYTHING THAT MAKES SOCIETY BETTER!

1 Like

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by walexsho(m): 6:31pm On Jul 31, 2020
Joshmodest:

While we commend the woman for choosing hard work over crime and indecency ...
Its a shame to our government that a graduate of a university prided as one of the best in the country would resort to selling kunu or tigernot for a living !?
honestly, in a sane country the Government will set her up in a big form
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by Investnow2017: 6:49pm On Jul 31, 2020
writeprof:

God bless you for your wise response! The mindset that a graduate should not do some jobs or businesses is one of the major problems of this country and the education system. EDUCATION IS MEANT TO MAKE ONE CREATIVE AND IMPROVE ON ANYTHING THAT MAKES SOCIETY BETTER!
If you must admit it, there is a wide gap between our school curriculum and the reality in the world and specifically in our Society. Again ask yourself, what is the expectation of a family who has sent his ward to the university? What is societal expectation? What do you expect from a graduate who was taught by teachers who relied on their lecture notes prepared in the 70s or 80s, years way before modern technology? Not all graduates can be enterpreneurs. To succeed in a venture, you must have above average passion for such a venture.
This lady has a resourceful mindset and a great sense of moral values. She has a passion, even if she were doing a sedentary job, her passion will still pull her towards a side business like this one. Not all graduates have such a mindset and so should not be blamed whatsoever. Today's graduates are caught between societal expectation and the moribund school curriculum which does not bring the actual reality in our societal to the classrooms. Today's youths are just victims. Which politician would be delighted to see his ward doing this? Which family will be so proud to see his ward pushing a modern wheel barrow on the streets selling whatever? It sounds a little bit out of place that is why it is news as it is now. If she were a secondary school graduate it won't be news. She is courageous. Some graduate still need the office job, everyone cannot be an entrepreneur - Truth must be told.

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by Acidosis(m): 7:08pm On Jul 31, 2020
Joshmodest:

Of all the foolish people quoting me on this topic , I choose to reply you so you can tell the rest ...
A student finishes with a 2.1 from school after spending 6 years or more due to unending strikes , and starts selling kunu and tiger nut ...
The mentality of you and your siblings in foolishness on this platform , is what I find questionable ...
We act like we aren't in this country , Bill Gates started Microsoft cos that was his passion , the CEO of KFC started the company cos that was his passion - something he loved ...
Are you and your slow witted friends telling me that the girls' passion is making kunu or the unemployment rate made her think out of the box , and start something since the system has failed.
All of you are the reasons Nigeria is like this , you want the youths to spend thousands of naira and so much time to study Medicine , Radiography or Law then graduate and start making liquid soap , Kunu , tiger nut or frying buns and small chops ..

You're aggressively ignorant.

Since you mentioned KFC, why don't you Google the history of KFC and educate your soul?

You think KFC started by employing you and your fellow graduates to loiter one office space with your shoulder-padded suit and tie?

Most great busineses started in the same manner you've condescendingly described, failed system or not, something must push a man to aspire greater heights. Lack and family struggles birthed KFC

Now go and read up the history of KFC so you don't fail your next interview.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by Brandonx(m): 7:36pm On Jul 31, 2020
AmazingELixir:

undecided undecided

Being a misogynist doesn't add anything to your well being ....there are also somany male folks all over the place sitting idly only to extort from people struggling to eke out means of livelihood.

undecided undecided undecided undecided how am I a misogynist madam.

Just like we have idle guys, you would agree with me we have responsible guys making legit money right?

So this wOman why did you come at me with such hatred in your heart.
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by Darlenelove: 7:52pm On Jul 31, 2020
Acidosis:

I commend the lady for her hardwork mixed with diligence and intelligence. She'll surely make it. Wish I could work with her for a better brand positioning.

It’s obvious you aren’t a graduate.
Its a shame to FG for a graduate of her to engage in such business. She ought to practice her profession and make meaningful improvements in her life. Nigeria is a disgrace to the world.

Its very childish of you to think big brands started this way

1 Like

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by Omar09(m): 7:59pm On Jul 31, 2020
Joshmodest:

Studies shows that you are more likely to make a living out of what isn't your passion.
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 31, 2020
A smart and diligent lady
She packaged the products well and she's neat
It's the kind of women men need to be getting married to, she can manage with u during trying times
May God bless her hard work, she will surely be rewarded someday
And shame on this country undecided
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by Acidosis(m): 9:12pm On Jul 31, 2020
Darlenelove:

It’s obvious you aren’t a graduate.
Its a shame to FG for a graduate of her to engage in such business. She ought to practice her profession and make meaningful improvements in her life. Nigeria is a disgrace to the world.

Its very childish of you to think big brands started this way

Oshe badass graduate. As you don turn graduate now, I should lick your foot and pay you salary while you provide me with zero value with your useless curriculum?

Go and study the history and evolution of KFC and Starbucks, you lazy a$$ graduate.

When you're done studying the history, review the current position of these companies today and Google the percentage of graduates like you washing plates and cups, and serving beer and chicken laps to customers.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by Joshmodest(m): 9:17pm On Jul 31, 2020
Acidosis:

You're aggressively ignorant.

Since you mentioned KFC, why don't you Google the history of KFC and educate your soul?

You think KFC started by employing you and your fellow graduates to loiter one office space with your shoulder-padded suit and tie?

Most great busineses started in the same manner you've condescendingly described, failed system or not, something must push a man to aspire greater heights. Lack and family struggles birthed KFC

Now go and read up the history of KFC so you don't fail your next interview.
The fool refused to listen to the music , instead he is dancing to one verse ...

The pride you exhibit in the nonsense you just typed , is really commendable ...
What's my business with the employees that KFC used to start their enterprise ...

I'm talking about a failed system that has made graduates who worked their brains out to study and graduate with flying colors , to become buns sellers all in the name of unemployment ...

And local man is forming historian on NL , asking me to go and read History of KFC , like we are discussing about the origin of KFC , or how to start a great business ...
What does the issue have to do with KFC , If not for the gullible highway you drove this discussion to...

How can a student study 6 years in the university to come out, and in the absence of job starts frying buns and tiger nut ...if you find this okay its either you are wittingly choosing to be stupid or you have never been in the four walls of a university to know how hard it is to graduate ...

Since you can't comprehend my post , the issue I'm addressing is why people who spent long years in school would have to graduate and become kunu selling entrepreneurs by condition..

I know sometimes you want to flaunt the little history books you've read , but follow the topic , and if all you can do is derail the point by trying to sound knowledgeable in your obvious stupidity ...Just read and say the nonsense you have to type to yourself , and stop mentioning my post to say nothing !
When you have something intelligent to say come with it .
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by Acidosis(m): 9:31pm On Jul 31, 2020
Joshmodest:

The fool refused to listen to the music , instead he is dancing to one verse ...
The pride you exhibit in the nonsense you just typed , is really commendable ...
What's my business with the employees that KFC used to start their enterprise ...
I'm talking about a failed system that has made graduates who worked their brains out to study and graduate with flying colors , to become buns sellers all in the name of unemployment ...
And local man is forming historian on NL , asking me to go and read History of KFC , like we are discussing about the origin of KFC , or how to start a great business ...
Since you can't comprehend my post , the issue I'm addressing is why people who spent long years in school would have to graduate and become kunu selling entrepreneurs by condition..
I know sometimes you want to flaunt the little history books you've read , but follow the topic , and if all you can do is derail the point by trying to sound knowledgeable in your obvious stupidity ...Just read and say the nonsense you have to type to yourself , and stop mentioning my post to say nothing !
When you have something intelligent to say come with it .

What skills do you have? Graduate.

What value can you offer? Graduate.

What problems can/have you solved in the society? Graduate?

A lady saw the need to introduce well package and neat Kunu, probably after seeing the distasteful and unhealthy quality of the drink in the market and decided to make it better, yet y'all can't see the good side.

What if she's trying to raise capital at the same time to scale her business? In your mind, everyone must start big like Coca-Cola or Pepsi to appeal to your senses?

Is that what you were taught in your school? Of course, I am sure you attended a useless school.

Long years indeed. You spent 4 years, so what? Some apprentice like welders, carpenters spend more. So what?

If the history of KFC, Starbucks and others can't cure your intellectual laziness, nothing else will.

Just so you know, these two companies are the most cited Case Studies in Business Schools all over the world. When I say Business Schools, I'm not referring to the useless school that has turned you to a dunce. I'm 100% certain that you attended one of these useless schools, of course in Nigeria. It's always very easy to tell the difference between Nigerian schooled GRADUATES and foreign trained graduates.

[I had to capitalize your title - GRADUATE - for obvious reasons, lol]

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by Acidosis(m): 9:55pm On Jul 31, 2020
@Joshmodest,

The whole idea of being a graduate is not to make you lazy or beg for handout.

You went to school so you can rebrand those dirty jobs around you. You were not given a certificate to hang it somewhere in your rusty wardrobe and look down on certain businesses.

The aboki fixing shoes in your neighborhood may not appeal to you but this is Donatus Ehis making a pair of shoe and selling on IG for N20,000-N30,000. These are no Italian shoes, all hand made in his workshop somewhere in Ota, Ogun state.

https://instagram.com/donatus_ehis?igshid=ixg7ig0lf5j9

Take your time to go through the link and see where and how he started.

If you can't do it, then shut up! He is still a shoe maker, the same dirty job YOUR LORDSHIP loves to condemn.

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by Thenorth(m): 10:06pm On Jul 31, 2020
she's though Abusites, so what ever she do will stands out from others... I pray a great job for you dear...
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by Investnow2017: 10:23pm On Jul 31, 2020
Think the wahala here derives from these words:
kunu
wheelbarrow

I wish the government can recognize graduates like this and empower them with more funds so they will not be the ones running the streets with the products but their sales boys and girls. That she is the one practically doing this is what i think has elicited the ires of some folks here.
Any man going for her would not waste a second upgrading her to a point where she operates from a stationary location rather than running the street on a wheelbarrow.
To appreciate the reasoning of some who frown at this subject, one must put into context the environment in which most graduates from government universities in Nigeria studied. Is it the over packed hostels with chanty toilets or the exceedingly overcrowded lecture halls and obviously desperate schooling conditions interspersed with endless industrial strikes, cultism and forced vacations. The conditions are worse than one can find in western prisons. All that was endured in the hope of graduating to an upgraded life, only to come out to face even more intolerable situation after a one-year suffering in the name of national service. I know of folks that fainted back then on the queue just to register courses for a new academic session - the stress is maddening, and sadly not much of this stress is connected directly to academics, just unwarranted systemic inconveniences much of which can be avoided with improved infrastructure and conducive learning environment - and in the face of all that some still cross the line to make a good grade, and in the end come out virtually into nothing - nothing in the sense that there is a total dearth of institutional provision to serve as a springboard. This is the disheartening reality that make many to question why all that sacrifice was worth it if more of such struggles must continue in order to eke out a basic living. Some will even go further to ask, how do you point to a graduate pushing a wheelbarrow hawking kunu and proudly say 'that is my fiancee?' Many unyielding thoughts led to the bitter comments blaming our failed system.
In the end, we are all right - those for and those against. Those in favour though did not disprove the fact that tertiary education in Nigeria is a story for another day.
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by telkevog(m): 10:34pm On Jul 31, 2020
Acidosis:

Shut up your mouth! As a graduate, why are you not selling Kunu? Or do you think it is what she spent 4 years reading in the University?
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by Mavrick2012: 11:13pm On Jul 31, 2020
Acidosis:

oga,stop all these long talk and hit the street with branded akara or whatever.
Talk talk talk
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by Investnow2017: 11:34pm On Jul 31, 2020
IMASTEX:
Schooling only teaches one how to identify problems, opportunities, etc and identifing the right approaches to proffer the best solution. And same applied even in the employment market. Survival ability & doing things differently is what make you graduate. Sadly, the graduates we have now can only boast of the paper "certificate" and one can't also really blame them fully because of the current educational structure that is faulty, and the culture of depending on the paper to seek a job that weren't created by us.

For snail farming:
https://www.nairaland.com/3347620/photos-snail-farm-edo-state
The emphasis on paper certificate is the more reason why some are ready to cut corners and resort to every unbelievable means to cheat during exams, and come out even more empty than they went. All that has been phased away by the glaring reality in our society right now? Which of society problem can you identify and solve so you can earn a living? That is the big question reality is asking everyone now - especially graduates. Sad, the government is not creating enabling environment by encouraging such expertise position to quickly materialize.
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by Acidosis(m): 12:14am On Aug 01, 2020
telkevog:

Shut up your mouth! As a graduate, why are you not selling Kunu? Or do you think it is what she spent 4 years reading in the University?

Your Lordship sir, grin

You didn't go to school to start solving calculus or further mathematics on the street. There is no GST on the street, no the Y, the X.

Look for problems around you and solve, or simply keep shut and look for those solving problems and willing to pay for your service, if at all you offer any.

I'm not selling Akara because I have already carved a niche for myself even in sectors your Lordship wouldn't consider. If my hands were as idle and useless as yours, I would have put them into Akara business.

Here is Akara express-ng on IG.

https://instagram.com/akaraexpressng?igshid=1557a8rfc11k1

When you follow people like this, you'll come down from your high horse and face the reality of life. Be "shouting" graduates upandan like the society owes you anything. Everyone must not do this, however if you can't, please just shut up.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by olmoRoc: 12:45am On Aug 01, 2020
Kudos. However, could you try to rent a store, get a deep freezer to boot, and expand your production? Just know that it's going to take you some time to break-even, and start making any profits.
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by Sarang(f): 2:38am On Aug 01, 2020
cruxgemmata:
What is Second class upper doing in this headline

Mtchewwww.

Nice job. Skills over anything.

More money in her account as she continue to hustle legitly unlike some lekki and abuja fake mofos

Or some yahoo bois
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by Omar09(m): 3:43am On Aug 01, 2020
Acidosis:

Oshe badass graduate. As you don turn graduate now, I should lick your foot and pay you salary while you provide me with zero value with your useless curriculum?

Go and study the history and evolution of KFC and Starbucks, you lazy a$$ graduate.

When you're done studying the history, review the current position of these companies today and Google the percentage of graduates like you washing plates and cups, and serving beer and chicken laps to customers.

Kai bro... I just learned one thing from you.

Bible even talk am, Do not despise the time of your little beginning.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:11am On Aug 01, 2020
winkmart:
A Nigerian woman who is a graduate of Business Administration from Ahmadu Bello University was spotted selling Kunu and Tiger nut Milk.

The 2:1 graduate of the institution while speaking in an interview revealed that she graduated in the year 2014 and she couldn't find a lucrative job for herself, had to resort to selling the products.

She however stood out from the crowd as her products are well packaged in a branded wheeling cooler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbe5MvvJLKQ

Nothing special ... Come to the south and see many like her doing exactly the business .... I know three of such persons personally at the Epz Calabar.... All graduates as well
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by hakeemhakeem(m): 7:25am On Aug 01, 2020
What she need now is get 30 boys to run the street for her. Imaging Kaduna govt gives her contract to supplying them whenever they have functions.
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by OyinO: 7:51am On Aug 01, 2020
That's what politicians have reduced the dumb Nigerian youths to.
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by ecomalchemist(m): 9:13am On Aug 01, 2020
hakeemhakeem:
What she need now is get 30 boys to run the street for her. Imaging Kaduna govt gives her contract to supplying them whenever they have functions.

lol, she go pay them salary too na, abi na free the boys wan work ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) / Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa / First Bank Reacts To Failed Robbery Incident At Abuja Branch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.