Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu (63957 Views)

Terry Waya At Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (Pictures & Video) / Aliko Dangote Bags Honorary Doctorate In ABU Zaria, Femi Otedola Spotted / Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by kingthreat(m): 12:16pm On Jul 31, 2020
This is the kind of person we should do a gofundme account to raise her business. I am ready to donate.
@Powerfly, come and see your mate, while you're thinking of the next housegirl from the village to have a lickfest with.

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by dapsoneh: 12:16pm On Jul 31, 2020
Y
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by Agugbadin: 12:17pm On Jul 31, 2020
olaeffect:
Our elites wont see this and help ooo.
But let someone just do one rubbish and trend online now, they will be giving endorsement up and down.
Because you elected none creative person who do not encourage or support creative efforts

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 31, 2020
Although it is Ofio I don't see anything wrong in what she is doing. Still reading 'Losing my Virginity' by Richard Branson. I can't help but observed the possibilities in the commercial world .Biko we should encourage her after all she is not robbing from First Bank nor is she stealing with pen.
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by solonubinho(m): 12:18pm On Jul 31, 2020
winkmart:
A Nigerian woman who is a graduate of Business Administration from Ahmadu Bello University was spotted selling Kunu and Tiger nut Milk.

The 2:1 graduate of the institution while speaking in an interview revealed that she graduated in the year 2014 and she couldn't find a lucrative job for herself, had to resort to selling the products.

She however stood out from the crowd as her products are well packaged in a branded wheeling cooler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbe5MvvJLKQ

I like her. I also love the packaging and her logo. I pray she gets good funding to scale up her business. She's industrious unlike some female blockheads on this forum that cant spell, have bad grammar and expect to be worshipped and fawned over.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by Mars16(m): 12:18pm On Jul 31, 2020
Kunu to the world.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by lagdmark(m): 12:18pm On Jul 31, 2020
Joshmodest:

While we commend the woman for choosing hard work over crime and indecency ...
Its a shame to our government that a graduate of a university prided as one of the best in the country would resort to selling kunu or tigernot for a living !?
It happens in most developing countries in the world, no shame in it.
Most successful entrepreneurs of today started very small.

4 Likes

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by meum: 12:18pm On Jul 31, 2020
Good
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by lifenija: 12:20pm On Jul 31, 2020
Acidosis:

Why can't a graduate sell or produce Kunu or Tigernut drink?

Are you high or something?

I commend the lady for her hardwork mixed with diligence and intelligence. She'll surely make it. Wish I could work with her for a better brand positioning.

Some of the bigger brands began in smaller ways.
wen was d last time a political holder child is seen selling on d street?

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by olumide4christ: 12:20pm On Jul 31, 2020
Acidosis:

I commend the lady for her hardwork mixed with diligence and intelligence. She'll surely make it. Wish I could work with her for a better brand positioning.

Please tell him again and again! Like someone posted on Nairaland sometime ago about what one Malam Dutsinma said, certificate is the bane of many graduates today...it prevents them from thinking outside the box. I will look for it and post it here soon.

Well done to the lady... industrious women are my kind of women...I married one too, so I admire them...so many of them on Instagram. Check out @Cyrus45 on Instagram..a young lady who recycles old tyres into furniture.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by KosiGee(m): 12:20pm On Jul 31, 2020
Joshmodest:

Its a shame to our government that a graduate of a university prided as one of the best in the country would resort to selling kunu or tigernot for a living !?

Coca Cola, Pepsi and many other multinational businesses started like that. There’s no shame in selling kunu at street corner.

3 Likes

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by ojuu4u(m): 12:21pm On Jul 31, 2020
Until we ready to accept reality on how to use knowledge we acquired in sch to get income, Nigeria will not come out from wood.

A graduate of medical lab,nursing science, vet medicine ,food science, agricultural and livestock, art even business adminstration , that want to work at *all cost in govt establishment$

So many works that graduates of nursing are supposed to be doing, are being taken over by auxiliary nurses, go to new sites and see buildings erected from proceeds of auxiliary nursing.

White and blue collar jobs no more available as it were.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by frog12: 12:21pm On Jul 31, 2020
the wheel barrow looks nice !
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 31, 2020
Joshmodest:

There is room for improvement, thats how smes rise.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by BECALMBECALM(m): 12:24pm On Jul 31, 2020
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by Wettoid123: 12:25pm On Jul 31, 2020
the educated ones must stand out
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by MondayOsunbor(m): 12:25pm On Jul 31, 2020
winkmart:
A Nigerian woman who is a graduate of Business Administration from Ahmadu Bello University was spotted selling Kunu and Tiger nut Milk.

The 2:1 graduate of the institution while speaking in an interview revealed that she graduated in the year 2014 and she couldn't find a lucrative job for herself, had to resort to selling the products.

She however stood out from the crowd as her products are well packaged in a branded wheeling cooler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbe5MvvJLKQ

na wetin them send am go school?

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by OPPPS: 12:25pm On Jul 31, 2020
Joshmodest:

Even in US , Not every University graduate is gainfully employed by US Govt.

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by ednut1(m): 12:25pm On Jul 31, 2020
85% of 9ja graduates are now into selling things be it on IG or Facebook which doesn't require schooling in the first place. A disgrace of a country

3 Likes

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by Bahamas95(m): 12:25pm On Jul 31, 2020
Which one is "Second class upper graduate"?

Can't you just call her a graduate?...... Nonsense!

Nice one from that hard working lady, not those idiots hawking pusssy upandan.
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by kaymart: 12:26pm On Jul 31, 2020
Anyone that knows her should tell her to contact me via dm. We can create expansion for her.....

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by ajagidiagbo1(m): 12:27pm On Jul 31, 2020
Your type of reasoning is why Nigeria is not progressing.
Joshmodest:

1 Like

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by PastorFire: 12:27pm On Jul 31, 2020
God bless your hands sweetheart.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by olumide4christ: 12:28pm On Jul 31, 2020
Acidosis:

Please tell him again and again! Like someone posted on Nairaland sometime ago about what one Malam Dutsinma said, certificate is the bane of many graduates today...it prevents them from thinking outside the box. I will look for it and post it here soon.

Well done to the lady... industrious women are my kind of women...I married one too, so I admire them...so many of them on Instagram. Check out @Cyrus45 on Instagram..a young lady who recycles old tyres into furniture.

Modified..

Here's the quote..

SEVEN (7) REASONS WHY SOME DEGREE HOLDERS ARE POOR

BY malam Mamuda Kabir dutsinma

1. THEY DON’T THINK BEYOND THEIR CERTIFICATES:

Albert Einstein said, “Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think.” Have you ever heard creativity term “Think outside the box”? One of the major reasons why most graduates are poor is simply because they can’t see and think beyond their certificates.

I have seen engineering students work as bankers. I have seen medical doctors with great skills in web and graphic designs. I have seen lawyers that are very dexterous with finances. The list is endless!

The basic truth of life is that the skills that are needed to be much sought after and become more successful in life are not really found within the walls of the classrooms. Your certificate is just a proof that you are teachable, it does not suggest what you are totally capable of doing. You are full of possibilities when you think beyond your degrees and certificates.

2. THEY PRIORITIZE THEIR CERTIFICATES MORE THAN THEIR GIFTS AND TALENTS:

I have often advised some of my colleagues, never to leave their gifts dormant while pursuing and hunting for jobs with their certificates. There must be a complementary balance in the pursuit of your passion and in the search for jobs.

Everybody is gifted for something, but the winning edge comes from our ability to work on our gifts and bless the world with it. The very best way to develop yourself is in the direction of your natural talents and interest. In order to live a fulfilled and impactful life, we need to work harder on our gift than our job. We need to discover our gift, develop it, and sell it. Don’t bury your TALENT with your certificates.

3. THEIR CERTIFICATES PREPARE THEM FOR A WORLD THAT NO LONGER EXIST:

It has been found that most of the skills taught in schools are becoming obsolete in the present world. The world has changed a lot, and so are people’s need! It is imperative to know that the present form of university education does not prepare students for the future.

Graduates are becoming endangered species in the face of a changing world. Our archaic methods and approaches of learning are preparing graduates for a world that no longer exist, as we are churning out degree holders every year with certificates that have face value but no intrinsic worth. Most learning institutions are filled up with lecturers and pseudo-educators with lecture notes, methods and approaches that have lost relevance in a changing world.

4. THEY KNOW LESS ABOUT THEMSELVES BUT MORE ABOUT THINGS:

Certificates and degrees don’t reveal people to themselves; they at most measure our IQ (Intelligent Quotient). I have often tell people that there is no Recovery without Discovery. A poor man is simply someone that has not discovered himself.

The more you discover yourself, the more you realize the treasures that are hidden deep within you. We carry inside ourselves latent treasures that can only be unveiled through self-discovery.

5. CERTIFICATES AND DEGREES CAN KILL INITIATIVES:

Degrees and certificates can close up your minds to ideas while initiatives open it up. If you are not careful, your degrees and certificates can close up your mind. The purpose of education is to keep your mind perpetually opened towards limitless possibilities!
Fred Smith saw an opportunity for overnight delivery of anything anywhere in the USA, and ultra- fast delivery anywhere in the world, FedEx was born. It will be interesting to know that Fred Smith got a grade “C” in a Yale economics class for an idea that the professor belittled as unworkable.

Fred Smith’s company became the first American business to make over ten billion dollars in annual profit. Beginning with just 186 packages delivered the first night, FedEx now delivers in over two hundred countries using over 6,030 aircraft, 46,000 vehicles and 141,000 employees.

6. DEGREES AND CERTIFICATES POSITION YOU TO LOOK FOR JOBS AND NOT FOR OPPORTUNITIES:

Our certificates and degrees prepare graduates to look for jobs and not open our eyes to life-changing opportunities. You are not poor because you don’t have a job; you are poor because you are not seeing and seizing opportunities.

Being POOR is simply Passing Over Opportunities Repeatedly! What keeps people ahead in life is not their education or degrees, it is simply the opportunity that they seized. Jobs may be scarce but not opportunities.

As long as there is a problem to be solved, there will always be opportunities. It is a waste of our education, exposure, and experiences if after we graduate from school, all we think about is searching for a job. An enlightened and educated mind should be able to see and seize opportunities.

7. CERTIFICATES AND DEGREES PREPARE PEOPLE TO LOOK FOR SECURITY AND NOT TO TAKE RISKS:

We must be willing to make mistakes and take breakthrough risks. Taking risks and learning from mistakes help us in knowing what works and what does not! When Thomas Edison was being questioned by a mischievous journalist on how he felt for having failed for 999 times before getting the idea of the light bulb, his response stunned the whole world when he confidently said, “I have not failed 999 times, I have only learned 999 ways of how not to make a light bulb”.

Many graduates and degree holders are becoming progressively poor because the skills required in the modern world to get rich are not taught in schools and institutions.

By 2025, we’ll lose over five million jobs to automation. This means that future jobs will look vastly different by the time many people graduate from the university.

Future jobs will involve KNOWLEDGE PRODUCTION/CREATION and innovation, and people that are only equipped with skills found in the classroom will definitely be a misfit in an ever-changing world. Skills like critical thinking, creativity, people’s skill, STEM skills (e.g. Coding), complex problem-solving skills etc. are central to living a more comprehensive and productive life.

In conclusion, My humble and candid advice to graduates and students in institutions is to think wide, deep and outside the box. Take volunteer jobs, and don’t be afraid to navigate fields that are different from your field of learning. Your future career will require you to pull information from many different fields to come up with creative solutions to future problems.

Start by reading as much as you can about anything and everything that interests you. Once you get to college, consider double majoring or minoring in completely different fields. Trust me, it’ll pay off in the long run.

Don’t limit yourself to the classroom. Do something practical. Take a leadership position. Start a business and fail; that’s a better entrepreneurship. Contest an election and lose. It will teach you something political science will not teach you. Attend a seminar. Read books outside the scope of your course.

Think less of becoming an excellent student, but think more of becoming an excellent person. Don’t make the classroom your world, but make the world your classroom. Step forward and try something extra.

Invest in something you believe! Real financial security and freedom is not in your job, but in your passion, gifts, talents, and your ability to see and seize opportunities.

I read that this was posted on the Federal Ministry of Education's Twitter page.

3 Likes

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by Tajbol4splend(m): 12:28pm On Jul 31, 2020
What can 2nd Class Upper do? That's the question, it's not about the certificate

1 Like

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by brightovio007(m): 12:30pm On Jul 31, 2020
Knowledge only become power when it becomes functional.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by PureGoldh(m): 12:30pm On Jul 31, 2020
Nice one
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by Olumyco(m): 12:32pm On Jul 31, 2020
ednut1:
85% of 9ja graduates are now into selling things be it on IG or Facebook which doesn't require schooling in the first place. A disgrace of a country

Which disgrace. Nigerians have mentality problem. If she where to be a white you wont say this. Do you know the difference between a Buka Restaurant and a Restaurant like Mr Biggs, Chicken Republic and co? The difference is packaging and that is what education gives you.
The more entrepreneurs we have in a country the better the country. This same problem is what is affecting some European countries today where over reliance on the Government is what is killing them. A growing country will always be filled with Business Startups, ideas and co

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by MondayOsunbor(m): 12:33pm On Jul 31, 2020
BECALMBECALM:
Please can anyone provide me with the contact of this lady? I want to support and encourage her no matter how small. God bless you my dear.

you dey crazy

support wetin?

surviving in the street ! please i donot know how well you know the street ? but i can tell you it is not a place for anybody talkless of a gal!

i wish that the youth of Nigeria will find out how powerful they are

if they can stand together and say no to bad government and determined that these crooked old men must go !

but them prefer empty head zombie business , yahoo plus and ones with liver to die in the desert or Mediterranean sea
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by ReachRich(m): 12:33pm On Jul 31, 2020
That's 9ja for u
Re: Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu by Darey00(m): 12:34pm On Jul 31, 2020
Joshmodest:

Sincerely, it's a big shame...

Kudos to the lady tho

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) / Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa / First Bank Reacts To Failed Robbery Incident At Abuja Branch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.