Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,195 members, 7,953,704 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:00 AM

How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. (1931 Views)

Kick Boxer, Agamaye Disarms A Burglar Who Tries To Stab Him With Knife. VIDEO / Gate Traps Suspected Burglar To Death (Graphic Photos) / How A Burglar Slept With Family Before Robbing Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by Kelvin30286063(m): 1:57pm On Jul 31, 2020
5 days ago at around 2am I woke up to a noise from my dog outside. I had slept off in the living room while my wife slept in the guest room. We sometimes sleep in the guest room cuz it's closer to the living room so we crash there whenever we are too tired to walk a few more steps to our bedroom.
That particular day I had slept off in the living room while working on my laptop while my wife managed to get herself to the guest bedroom.

After hearing th bark from my dog (a pet dog that has not even barked in the past 2 years) I wake up and was surprised that she barked. So I looked around the house.
On getting to our master bedroom, I noticed that a burglar had broken in through the window.

This window has metal as security, this determined thief climbed through the barb wired fence, cut the metal in the window and went into the bedroom.
He scattered everywhere. All the clothes in the wardrobe were left scattered on the floor.
This bold thief even came to the sitting room where I was sleeping and took the money I left on the center table (about 3k)

But to my surprised, he didn't take my phones or my laptop! My Samsung S20 was sitting on a small table beside the center table. My small infinix phone (camon x) was also there. My laptop was there. My Nintendo switch was there. My wife's Samsung S20 (we use the same phone) was at her bed side in the next room. The room's door was open.
That is what is baffling me. How can a thief go through all that trouble only to steal 3k! Leaving items that is worth 1.3m laying in front of him? Maybe he got scared that I might wake up if he moves those items cuz I was sleeping in the 3 sitter beside them but what of my wife's phone. That's easily reachable. Or is there something else I don't know?

Another question I'm still asking is how he fit into that small opening he made to the window. Look at the last picture for christ sake!

Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by DuBLINGreenb(m): 1:59pm On Jul 31, 2020
Welcome to Nigeria

E be like say you just come new

Not everybody wants to steal or likes stealing na just hunger for the country dey cause am

I remember when I was in secondary school a class mates house was sieged by 3 armed men they stole foodstuffs cooked food included they didn't take money or any other thing just food items

Nigerians are blessed, talented, hard working etc just look at nollywood, music industry, Nigerian doctors abroad, footballers, comedians all over Africa and beyond, Nigerian mechanics in South Africa, Nigerian robotics engineers in UsA, Nigerian banks etc all making waves but the Government the country is a heavy nonesense, a s#!+ Hole

7 Likes

Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 31, 2020
He is probably hungry to be thinking of picking laptop and phone that can be tracked.Guess he is a contented thief if your story is true.I hope none of your document is missing.If he came for reconnaissance he won't skata the room.Since you are a developer your laptop and mobile is worth millions to you but not to him moreover once he sees they are passworded he gives up, uneducated thief. Hope you have migrated your database.

3 Likes

Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by Yakade(m): 2:06pm On Jul 31, 2020
now this is action, not epic. how do we turn this to movie?
Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by Yakade(m): 2:07pm On Jul 31, 2020
now this is action, not epic. how do we durn this to movie?
Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by Jabioro: 2:12pm On Jul 31, 2020
Hungry, progressive hunger put him..with 3k he can survive the next three days...
Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by Chidexter(m): 2:12pm On Jul 31, 2020
I've seen this story somewhere around here before
Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by illicit(m): 2:19pm On Jul 31, 2020
It's the money he needs

No time to check time

btw how are u so sure it is a "he" grin

Don't women steal too?

This is sexism

4 Likes

Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by Vulcanheph(m): 2:27pm On Jul 31, 2020
I'll bet you that it's someone living close to you, maybe one of your neigbours, he probably only took the cash because he knows taking anyother thing will incriminate him.....that is if what you are saying is true

4 Likes

Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 31, 2020
Asides some high-end tech, James Bond or Ninja movies, i don't think i've ever come across anything close to the kind of scene you depicted here in real life. That was a smart mission, smooth operation, perfecly carried out with no hitch whatsoever.
Perhaps we might all be wrong to jump to some derogatory conclusions about Nigeria; something good might still eventually come out of Nigeria before the end of time. If people with such dexterity exist in Nigeria, who could scale through fences like spiderman and also flexible enough to pass through barriers like deadpool, then hope isn't lost yet, we're still very much in this game of becoming the world power.

Kelvin30286063:
Maybe he got scared that I might wake up if he moves those items cuz I was sleeping in the 3 sitter beside them.
Don't make such an assumption of maybes or maybe not. He literally broke all barriers and defenses. He had a good time ransacking and exploring everwhere in your house including your private spaces, wardrobe, scattered all the cloths uninterrupted. He left when he was satisfied, not like he was caught. He broke all the metals and walked freely around the rooms without you waking. He even came near you.
If he had wanted, he could have taken everything at sight, perhaps including you two, plus the dog too.
Let's say he didn't see what he came for or perhaps this is just a preamble for a bigger return later.
In the mean while, i would advise you to heighten up your defenses, and pray the next time he comes, he doesn't bring an oneirogenic agent along.

On a more serious note, try and be more security conscious and alert, that was too close honestly. He could have done things to you. There is more to this kind of burglary, there might be something he's looking for. Perhaps you're in possession of some sensitive classified stuffs.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by padi94(m): 2:32pm On Jul 31, 2020
The armed robber is not conversant with modern technology.

Anyways you sabi sleep dip o... so all the dog barks, jumping barbwire, cutting your window bars, scattering your bedroom, walking into the room where you dey, and picking your 3k you no still wakeup until after the robber don go.

God forbid, So if he was rapping your madam you do still dey sleep.

Well some use jazz so when they enter a house everyone falls into deep sleep. Go and give testimony

2 Likes

Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:35pm On Jul 31, 2020
Chidexter:
I've seen this story somewhere around here before
You must be seeing things cuz i just spent the last 20 minutes typing this

4 Likes

Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by dawnomike(m): 2:41pm On Jul 31, 2020
Please tell your wife to check her underwears to be sure none got missing... Glad you didn't lose a lot
Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:49pm On Jul 31, 2020
padi94:
The armed robber is not conversant with modern technology.

Anyways you sabi sleep dip o... so all the dog barks, jumping barbwire, cutting your window bars, scattering your bedroom, walking into the room where you dey, and picking your 3k you no still wakeup until after the robber don go.

God forbid, So if he was rapping your madam you do still dey sleep.

Well some use jazz so when they enter a house everyone falls into deep sleep. Go and give testimony

I swear! Those that know me know that I barely sleep at night but this night, I made love to my wife and slept butt naked in the sitting room. I swear if I catch that thief, I won't sue him for what he stole, I'd sue him for seeing my unclothedness. cheesy
Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:53pm On Jul 31, 2020
uruba23:
He is probably hungry to be thinking of picking laptop and phone that can be tracked.Guess he is a contented thief if your story is true.I hope none of your document is missing.If he came for reconnaissance he won't skata the room.Since you are a developer your laptop and mobile is worth millions to you but not to him moreover once he sees they are passworded he gives up, uneducated thief. Hope you have migrated your database.
I have a backup hard drive for all my data. Thank you.
Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:54pm On Jul 31, 2020
illicit:
It's the money he needs

No time to check time

btw how are I so sure it is a "he"

Don't women steal too?

This is sexism

Ah... All that effort! I don't think a woman that go through all that trouble. Climb fence, cut window!
Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by illicit(m): 3:10pm On Jul 31, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

Ah... All that effort! I don't think a woman that go through all that trouble. Climb fence, cut window!

lol

Just being sarcastic lol
Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by Kelvin30286063(m): 3:29pm On Jul 31, 2020
light099:
Asides some high-end tech, James Bond movies, i don't think i've ever come across anything close to the kind of scene you depicted here in real life. That was a smart mission, smooth operation, perfecly carried out with no hitch whatsoever.
Perhaps we might all be wrong to jump to some derogatory conclusions about Nigeria; something good might still eventually come out of Nigeria before the end of time. If people with such dexterity exist in Nigeria, then Africa might still become the world power someday.

Don't make such an assumption of maybes or maybe not. He literally broke all barriers and defenses. He had a good time ransacking and exploring everwhere in your house including your private spaces, wardrobe, scattered all the cloths uninterrupted. He left when he was satisfied, not like he was caught. He broke all the metals and walked freely around the rooms without you waking. He even came near you.
If he had wanted, he could have taken everything at sight, perhaps including you two, plus the dog too.
Let's say he didn't see what he came for or perhaps this is just a preamble for a bigger return later.
In the mean while, i would advise you to heighten up your defenses, and pray he doesn't come back with an oneirogenic agent.

On a more serious note, try and be more security conscious and alert, that was too close honestly. He could have done things to you. There is more to this kind of burglary, there might be something he's looking for. Perhaps you're in possession of some sensitive classified stuffs.

You're right. Thinking about it now and from what you just said, maybe he came for something else. There is a family land dispute going on and the documents are kept with me by my dad. Maybe that was thr reason but then, I found the documents the next day. Not in the room he ransacked though. It was kept somewhere else.
Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by GraceAndPeace: 3:37pm On Jul 31, 2020
He was probably hungry or desperate. Thank God you and your family are still safe.

Don't trust your doors or locks. Even if you are not attacked at home, you can be attacked outside. Look at the cross. God the father abandoned Jesus and left him to suffer in the hands of sinners. Jesus did no wrong. I mean, he was obedient and was the only one that kept the law. But God turned his back on him, he cried out and everyone heard it. His father forsook him on the cross. God was angry at us and should have forsaken us but he forsook Jesus instead. Now, God has forsaken and would never forsake again. Which means, we are guaranteed security forever. All types of security. Jesus bore our abandonment so that God can never abandoned us again. Have someone paid for your wrong before? Imagine it. You will never be punished for that wrong anymore. It would be wicked of the prosecutor to punish you again.

God would never leave you again. Because it would be unholy of him to do that. Believe this truth as revealed in God's word, its the goodnews, the gospel Jesus gave to Paul for you and me, you must believe it and embrace it and you would see the wonders of God in your life

1 Like

Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by Harrykn: 3:45pm On Jul 31, 2020
Bro thank God O cus i think that guy isn't a murderer, breaking two hard securities to pick only an amount up to 3k is strange but there is something you are not telling Me. Maybe i can help asist you at home or office incase you have a job vacancy +2349033508275
Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by Kelvin30286063(m): 5:04pm On Jul 31, 2020
Harrykn:
Bro thank God O cus i think that guy isn't a murderer, breaking two hard securities to pick only an amount up to 3k is strange but there is something you are not telling Me. Maybe i can help asist you at home or office incase you have a job vacancy +2349033508275
If you're a computer programmer, there is a vacancy. You have to be familiar with flutter using Dart and Android studio.
Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by 2cribz: 7:24pm On Jul 31, 2020
Why u nor use electric fence
Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:26pm On Jul 31, 2020
2cribz:
Why u nor use electric fence
Ah, shey I no try with this one? I'm seriously considering electric fence now. Thanks
Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by 2cribz: 7:29pm On Jul 31, 2020
Baba do electric fence. Shsy una area no be estate. Lock up do electric fence.get better rot dog wey wicked. Dah robbery na warning o. The thief might come back with his gang. Always
have a tool,like cutlass.
Kelvin30286063:

Ah, shey I no try with this one? I'm seriously considering electric fence now. Thanks
Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 31, 2020
i am so glad it wasn't more than that. but bros o, sleeping in the sitting room wouldn't have made you sleep so deep that you couldn't even hear him do all dose stuff. Thank God for everything.
Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by Harrykn: 8:52pm On Jul 31, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

If you're a computer programmer, there is a vacancy. You have to be familiar with flutter using Dart and Android studio.
nope, i'm an accounting undergraduate, 3rd year in uniuyo, Any other vacancy. Would love admin/mgt jobs?
Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by padi94(m): 9:50pm On Jul 31, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

I swear! Those that know me know that I barely sleep at night but this night, I made love to my wife and slept butt naked in the sitting room. I swear if I catch that thief, I won't sue him for what he stole, I'd sue him for seeing my unclothedness. cheesy

Lol... yeah sure man. So you where witholding information. Do you know its an offence pinishable under the law. Why did you not tell us you made love to your wife when you where presenting your case for us to judge.

Infact you owe us fine for not giving us full gist cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by starbuck(f): 11:40pm On Jul 31, 2020
Kai, them fit carry you and your house one day without you knowing while you are asleep shocked shocked

Which kind dirty sleep be that mbok grin grin
Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by Buffalo2(m): 1:46am On Aug 01, 2020
I have read a story like that where someone broke into an apartment to steal noodles for his(abi na 'her') hungry baby.
Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by Segzydaniels(m): 2:51am On Aug 01, 2020
He might have taken something else in ur room, till wen u need it b4 u notice
Re: How A Burglar Came To My House Only To Steal Nothing Serious. by Nobody: 5:46am On Aug 01, 2020
Burglar Boy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Daylight Fraud On 3rd Mainland Bridge (drivers Beware) / Billionaire Udala Assassinated / Why Portable Ask His Boys To Beat Up DJ Chicken (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.