Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,400 members, 7,954,580 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:35 PM

Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? (953 Views)

NBC Gives Arise TV Final Warning Over Use Of Derogatory Remarks / Peter Obi Replies Tinubu Over 'Derogatory' Remark / Calling Uzodinma ‘Supreme Court Governor’ Is Derogatory – Imo Elders Warn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 01, 2020
NGpatriot:
ipob is not a tribe so it shouldn't bother you unless you truly feel like you are ipob via guilty conscience.

Arewa is not a tribe too. I think now Nigerians now use iPod as a better word than Igbo. Wont u love to be called IPOB by Yoruba?
Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 01, 2020
Dedetwo:

Afanifere are Yari.ba and Yari.ba are OPC. There are other names interchangeably with Yari.ba.
Let's conclude majority of Igbo are ipob by ur analysis
Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by NGpatriot: 2:07pm On Aug 01, 2020
Drchristian:

Arewa is not a tribe too. I think now Nigerians now use iPod as a better word than Igbo. Wont u love to be called IPOB by Yoruba?

Tribe or not, Arewa is not a terrorists group like ipob or a banned entity in Nigeria.

ipob to me is not strictly a tribe, it's is a mentality, a depressed, ignorant, unintelligent and bigoted manner of thinking.
Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by adekolaelect(m): 3:25pm On Aug 01, 2020
Ipob are noise makers ,Flatt heads, Jobless and always the supporter of bad news in Nigeria with Cowardice leader Kanu while Igbos are those in their villages with highest consumption of ethanol and some in other region selling Building materials .But common in Flatt headed,chest beating ,Arrogance ,unaccommodating in nature both Religions and Ethnicities .if you know you know .pls Insult is not allow if you can't prove me wrong with genuine evidences .

2 Likes

Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 01, 2020
Lalasticlala
Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by yarimo(m): 6:30pm On Aug 01, 2020
Drchristian:

U deserved to be banned Ipob and Igbo are the same
are you a member of IPOB the terrorists group ?
Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by IDENNAA(m): 6:31pm On Aug 01, 2020
Call me whatever you like but it doesn't change who I am.
Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 01, 2020
yarimo:
are you a member of IPOB the terrorists group ?
You insulted ipob which is synonymous to Igbo.

NO
Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by yarimo(m): 7:07pm On Aug 01, 2020
Drchristian:

You insulted ipob which is synonymous to Igbo.

NO
not all Igbos are members of IPOB. stop fooling yourself around in a public forum. I repeat any member of IPOB group is a terrorist
Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 30, 2020
Funny thread grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edo People Must Stand With Obaseki And Reject Godfatherism / Female Roommate Needed At Ibeju Lekki, Other Flats Also Available!!! / Covid19 Vaccines Are Released And Suddenly Cases Begin To Rise In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.