Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? (882 Views)

NBC Gives Arise TV Final Warning Over Use Of Derogatory Remarks / Peter Obi Replies Tinubu Over 'Derogatory' Remark / Calling Uzodinma ‘Supreme Court Governor’ Is Derogatory – Imo Elders Warn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 31, 2020
I CALLED MY IGBO NEIGHBOR THAT LOVE NIGERIAN SECEDING DISCUSSIONS AND HATES TINUBU "AN IPOB MAN" BUT HE SEEMS NOT TO LIKE IT.

IGBO AND IPOB ARE FAST USED AND BECOMING THE SAME THING. FOR EXAMPLE, AS IT IS IN THE FOLLOWING:

AREWA OR HAUSA

BINI OR EDO

ODUDUWA OR YORUBA

SO ALSO, IS IT CORRECT TO USED THE WORD IPOB FOR IGBOS?

ON NAIRALAND I THINK WE USE THE WORD INTERCHANGEABLY FOR THE FOLLOWING:

1. TO AVOID BAN OR PUNISHMENT ON NAIRALAND

2. TO AVOID INSULTING A TRIBE BY GENERALIZATION

FOR THESE REASONS THE WORD IPOB SHOULD BE CENSORED TO IGBO BEFORE IS DEROGATORILY USED ON SOUTH EAST EXTRACTIONS TO AVOID ERROR

1 Like

Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 31, 2020
LIKE IF YOU BELIEVE IPOB AND IGBO ARE THE SAME

SHARE IF YOU BELIEVE IPOB AND IGBO ARE NOT SAME

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by helinues: 6:41pm On Jul 31, 2020
Igbo are Ipob, Ipob are Igbo.

Now that people are now aware of the unseriousness of the group, they are now detaching themselves from the group but it's too late

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 31, 2020
They are not the same but i believe ipob stands for a good course

3 Likes

Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by illicit(m): 6:54pm On Jul 31, 2020
If u like call them Amaka sef
grin
Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 31, 2020
Anytime I called Igbo ipob they're very happy one bought me beer few months back so is never offensive.

All igbos are ipob

9 Likes

Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by yarimo(m): 7:25pm On Jul 31, 2020
Drchristian:
I CALLED MY IGBO NEIGHBOR THAT LOVE NIGERIAN SECEDING DISCUSSIONS AND HATES TINUBU "AN IPOB MAN" BUT HE SEEMS NOT TO LIKE IT.

IGBO AND IPOB ARE FAST USED AND BECOMING THE SAME THING. FOR EXAMPLE, AS IT IS IN THE FOLLOWING:

AREWA OR HAUSA

BINI OR EDO

ODUDUWA OR YORUBA

FOR THESE REASONS THE WORD IPOB SHOULD BE CENSORED TO IGBO BEFORE IS DEROGATORILY USED ON SOUTH EAST EXTRACTIONS TO AVOID ERROR
Mynd44 and other mods please come and clarify it . is IPOB a tribe in Nigeria if yes please include it on your rule, and if no stop banning people. as it is in Nigeria IGBO are not terrorists. but any member of IPOB is a terrorist. hausa ,yoruba, fulani or other tribes can be a member of IPOB.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by Tranquillity360: 8:12pm On Jul 31, 2020
Who are the Afonjas,i have been seeing that name here on nairaland.
What does it mean?

1 Like

Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by ludd2018: 9:00pm On Jul 31, 2020
We are proud Ipobians . We are all indigenous people of Biafra. Ipob is a symbol of Biafra. Ipob movement is ordained.

1 Like

Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 31, 2020
yarimo:
Mynd44 and other mods please come and clarify it . is IPOB a tribe in Nigeria if yes please include it on your rule, and if no stop banning people. as it is in Nigeria IGBO are not terrorists. but any member of IPOB is a terrorist. hausa ,yoruba, fulani or other tribes can be a member of IPOB.
U deserved to be banned Ipob and Igbo are the same

2 Likes

Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by kingzizzy: 10:06pm On Jul 31, 2020
IPOB is a group advocating for an independence referendum to be conducted in much of what is called the SE/SS geopolitical zones. Of course "Igboids" will be the majority in that group as they are the majority when you combine both zones. However, IPOB isnt about any particular ethnic group, its about SE/SS.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by Notasyouthink: 10:07pm On Jul 31, 2020
helinues:

Now that people are now aware of the unseriousness of the group, they are now detaching themselves from the group but it's too late
Why do you love lies and propaganda??
Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by yarimo(m): 11:59pm On Jul 31, 2020
Drchristian:

U deserved to be banned Ipob and Igbo are the same
not the same, IGBOS are not terrorists but .any member of IPOB is a terrorist as far as Nigeria is concerned

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by Sammy07: 12:43am On Aug 01, 2020
IPOB are not Igbos.

Igbos are those you see in SW, north and other parts of the country during their business, they don't have time to think of biafra.

Igbos are jobless youths, they're found on nairaland too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by Igboid: 12:44am On Aug 01, 2020
I am Igbo, yet not an IPOB, neither do I subscribe to their actions.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by mumumugu(m): 2:10am On Aug 01, 2020
Not all Igbo's are in support of Biafra

Some non Igbo's are in support of biafra

1 Like

Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by Dedetwo(m): 2:46am On Aug 01, 2020
helinues:

Afanifere are Yari.ba and Yari.ba are OPC. There are other names interchangeably with Yari.ba.

1 Like

Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by History555: 3:50am On Aug 01, 2020
Jobless motherfuckers. Ipob kee all of you. Idiots who think their opinion matters
Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by allthingsgood: 4:36am On Aug 01, 2020
ludd2018:
We are proud Ipobians . We are all indigenous people of Biafra. Ipob is a symbol of Biafra. Ipob movement is ordained.

Massob nko
Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by Ategberoson(m): 5:07am On Aug 01, 2020
helinues:

shout yeast people are just dicing. if they're appointed or given political recognition as Atiku gave them in last election, na all of them they cursed and abuse IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu before the man release them to exercise their franchise but immediately Atiku lost then they lined behind Biafra Mantra

how a can govt take you serious of secession if you're still participating in their elections? your senators, HOR and governors were all voted and you want Biafra consistently, how?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by IamWonderful: 9:54am On Aug 01, 2020
Ipob is a name of a group in Igbo land like Ohaneze and MASSOB
Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by Chelsealivepool: 10:18am On Aug 01, 2020
I am Igbo Paternal(imo) and Yoruba maternal(ogun), na pple were no get job dey shout ipod.
Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by ofeco: 12:54pm On Aug 01, 2020
Drchristian:

AREWA OR HAUSA

BINI OR EDO

ODUDUWA OR YORUBA

Arewa or Hausa is not thesame as Igbo or Ipob you should call him a BIAFRAN or Igbo. IPOB is a group that is clamouring for seccession of Old Eastern region, there are other groups like Zionist and Massob so stop calling him IPOB because if you call me IPOB na for Hague we go settle am . I am a Nigerian and also an Igbo man .

3 Likes

Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 01, 2020
I believe at least 90%of Igbos are overt or tacit supporters of IPOB so, essentially, IPOB is Igbo and Igbo is IPOB. Both are interchangeable.

1 Like

Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by Mraphel: 1:26pm On Aug 01, 2020
Chelsealivepool:
I am Igbo Paternal(imo) and Yoruba maternal(ogun), na pple were no get job dey shout ipod.
You're Igbo period
Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by NGpatriot: 1:26pm On Aug 01, 2020
ipob is not a tribe so it shouldn't bother you unless you truly feel like you are ipob via guilty conscience.
Re: Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? by NGpatriot: 1:27pm On Aug 01, 2020
candidtalk:
I believe at least 90%of Igbos are overt or tacit supporters of IPOB so, essentially, IPOB is Igbo and Igbo is IPOB. Both are interchangeable.

Because they all want the same thing, biafra and the destruction of Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Man That Will Transform Anambra State. / We Didnt’ Attack Imo Police Headquaters, Correctional Centre – IPOB / Insecurity: Act Like A Commander-in-chief, NBM Urges Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.