Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,749 members, 7,820,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim (7834 Views)

Dave Umahi Is A Deacon In Christ Embsay / 9th Assembly: Court Adjourns Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Speakership Race / Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 01, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

You don't know what is meant by JIHAD, so keep quiet.
Christians like you are even ignorant of your Bible cause you violate it EVERYTIME

Ephesians 5:4
Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving.

Lol

mohammed reading bible.
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by Charmingrascal(m): 8:28am On Aug 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Fake Christianity: Gbajabiamila from a deacon to a Muslim.

Speaker Gbajabiamila converted to Muslim in 2019

His reason was simple that his fore- father's(Ancestors) where originally Muslims.

That validates my earlier submission that Christianity was alien to south west and Yorubas.

The original religion known to Yorubas all through history was Islam and that explains why Muslims are still in majority in South West roughly around 69.4%..

If Christianity currently booms in west, then it is a recent event and not as old as many thinks.

We thank God that Christianity booms in South West because if it was only Muslims that are in South West, the region would have turned to terrorists den.
Christianity is peace

1 Like

Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by tevinsolt: 8:36am On Aug 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

In essence, self styled deceit in the name of Christianity has not solved any problem.
People should try and stick to religion of their fathers instead of in sophiscated thinking professing Christianity and demonizing same.
Religion must have it's say Mr.......He was never a Christian but clearly stated he was blind abandoning the religion of his father's.
Simply, if gbaja said that his ancestors were Muslims at his age then it means that Islam was the only religion known to them.
The rest is pure deceit.

I'm inclined to believe that you're trolling but if you're not.
Historically Christianity began well ahead of Islam, about 600 years really..... In fact Islam has had to use Christianity and continues to use Christianity for it's relevance. Neither of the two came originally came from Africa, which makes your "religion of my fore fathers" claim an absolute fallacy. Historically Christianity was on the continent first, if were are going by who came first basis. albeit North Africa and Ethiopia until the perfect Islamic Utopian Caliphate invaded Peacefully of course (← see sarcasm)

2 Likes

Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by cocolacec(m): 8:48am On Aug 01, 2020
more

Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by Sammy07: 8:53am On Aug 01, 2020
Muna4real:

Abeg leave igbos alone. The Op is not igbo and this thread does not concern igbos.

Lol, the OP is actually igbo from Anambra.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by cocolacec(m): 8:55am On Aug 01, 2020
Charmingrascal:

We thank God that Christianity booms in South West because if it was only Muslims that are in South West, the region would have turned to terrorists den.
Christianity is peace.

Europeans and Arabs are no different.

Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by SIONKPO1(m): 8:58am On Aug 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Mr, he became a Muslim last year 2019, maybe to become speaker or something like that..while affirming that his forebearers where Muslims.
You are ignorant,most yoruba's from Osun,Oyo,Kwara and Lagos have strong muslim background before becoming Christians
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by timagentms: 8:59am On Aug 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

You should rightly do that.
you need it more seriously
Afofun gbemu, arindin lele yio.

1 Like

Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by Iceyjayz: 9:18am On Aug 01, 2020
That's Nigerian polithievesians for you
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by duro4chang(m): 9:23am On Aug 01, 2020
emmy512:
So it's islam that's is his ancestors religion, when did islam enter nigeria please.
He is not a good student of history. He does not know that before Islam and Christianity, Africans were practicing traditional religion. He is a religious bigot.
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by Ezmans: 9:52am On Aug 01, 2020
Sammy07:

You don't even know the meaning of his surname.

Abeq comot.
Afonja man is neither here nor there, they are in the middle of 3, Christian, Moslem & ifa worship, they eat from the 3.
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by Mywd: 9:59am On Aug 01, 2020
duro4chang:
The first African bishop was a yoruba man. God does not force any religion on anybody. You will give account of yourself to GOD of what you do on this earth. In south west you are free to choose your religion. Even in western world you are free to choose your religion. Stop wailing.

And does God support islam... Abi they get their own heaven grin
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 01, 2020
SIONKPO1:

You are ignorant,most yoruba's from Osun,Oyo,Kwara and Lagos have strong muslim background before becoming Christians

we are saying same thing.

I only stated was gbajabiamila was originally muslim.
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by frankyychiji(f): 10:19am On Aug 01, 2020
Sammy07:

But we're the one that shaped Christianity in Nigeria grin

CAC
C&S
CCC
BAPTIST
REDEEM
LIVING FAITH
DEEPER LIFE
etc.

We also shaped Islam
Ansarudeen
Nawarudeen
Etc grin
Those denominations are the problems of Christianity.

They are the reason why we have people known as yoruba mooslims and yoruba Christian's today.

They brought more division than unity.

They are the reason most people didn't accept Ram meat dishes from their neighbors yesterday, something that they hitherto enjoyed without prejudice.
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by Sammy07: 10:20am On Aug 01, 2020
Ezmans:
Afonja man is neither here nor there, they are in the middle of 3, Christian, Moslem & ifa worship, they eat from the 3.

Thank you. cool
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by Sammy07: 10:21am On Aug 01, 2020
frankyychiji:
Those denominations are the problems of Christianity.

They are the reason why we have people known as yoruba mooslims and yoruba Christian's today.

They brought more division than unity.

They are the reason most people didn't accept Ram meat dishes from their neighbors yesterday, something that they hitherto enjoyed without prejudice.

I ate ram yesterday, ate one this morning and I'll eat on Monday by the special grace of God. cool

Is there no penticoastals churches in Igbo land?
If yes, why did they accepted them?
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 10:40am On Aug 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

His reason was simple that his fore- father's(Ancestors) where originally Muslims.

That validates my earlier submission that Christianity was alien to south west and Yorubas.

The original religion known to Yorubas all through history was Islam and that explains why Muslims are still in majority in South West roughly around 69.4%..

If Christianity currently booms in west, then it is a recent event and not as old as many thinks.

How silly and myopic can you be ?
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 10:41am On Aug 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

In essence, self styled deceit in the name of Christianity has not solved any problem.

People should try and stick to religion of their fathers instead of in sophiscated thinking professing Christianity and demonizing same.

Religion must have it's say Mr.......He was never a Christian but clearly stated he was blind abandoning the religion of his father's.

Simply, if gbaja said that his ancestors were Muslims at his age then it means that Islam was the only religion known to them.

The rest is pure deceit.

You are a complete slowpoke and a celebrated slowpoke.
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by jumper524(m): 10:47am On Aug 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Stop cloning deceit Abeg.

The fact is that nobody is against such but to establish that SW is simply a heavy othman Dan fodio Kingdom.
so you expect me to beleive ffk claims to this?
my guy I think say u smart but smh..
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by duro4chang(m): 10:47am On Aug 01, 2020
Mywd:

.What you wrote has no meaning.You can rewrite again.What is Abi? Which heaven are you talking about?
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by DenreleDave(m): 10:48am On Aug 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Calling me Ipob doesn't change the fact that what I wrote is true.

When I face Ipob, I don't need your validation to attack them.

Too much self styled Christianity full of deceit.

The proof is simple...SW was purely a Muslim dominated enclave never Christian.

What does Muslim or Christian has to do with the politics now.

Ipob louts are just too dumb...

Too dumb

1 Like

Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by jumper524(m): 10:52am On Aug 01, 2020
Ezmans:
yea that why ipob say Biafra yesterday, IBO presidency today, atiku or nothing tomorrow.

which way my brother?

1 Like

Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by Parablesonmarble: 11:23am On Aug 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Stop deceiving yourself young man. Christianity is a recent event in yorubaland.

They were once originally all Muslims. Many argued it wasn't true but gbaja statement is also testament to my research

'Originally all Muslims' got me. Do you know this for certain or you are just saying from your own observations.
I want to believe they originally were traditionalists and most now have hybrid religions with trado-muslims leading the way, trado-christians following closely, with pure traditionalists coming in distant third.
Acknowledgement of the 'Isese Day' (Tradition Day) by almost all South-West states in the last one decade is an excellent pointer.
Just my opinion, though.
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by Balogunodua(m): 11:25am On Aug 01, 2020
Ezmans:
Igbo are the most confused set of people in the world. Argue with your ancestors.
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by Balogunodua(m): 11:31am On Aug 01, 2020
Mywd:

My question for you is, does God have a religion If yes tell me.
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by OneMillionBoys(m): 11:46am On Aug 01, 2020
[s]
MelesZenawi:

[/s] go and research on Samuel Ajayi Crowther and stop being ignorant.
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Stop overhyping Arab religion here..

Gbaja has the right to choose which religion his soul prefer..

Don't use that as a means of propagating Arab Religion!!

It doesn't make any sense!!!

Naija youths have a long way to go undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sagay: I Haven't Met, Spoken With The EFCC Chairman In Over 7 Months / LASPARK Partners VERSECOM, IHS Nigeria To Set Up Hub For Tech Startups / Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.