Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Who Is Your Friend? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Who Is Your Friend? (342 Views)

UNDERCOVER: Inside Lagos Drug Dens Where The Police Is ‘your Friend’ / The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend / Police Is Still Your Friend: I Was Moved Emotionally When I Saw This Police Act. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Your Friend? by Truetalk3139: 3:56pm On Aug 01, 2020
If you're poor in this country just forget about getting justice for what so ever.

After my 200lvl second semester examination, before travelling home, I decided to remove my valuables from my hostel, because it was too sure they would burst my hostel and steal anything valuable there, so i took my generator which I just bought 55k 2months before the break to my friend's place who lives in town with indigenes.

Before he left for town he stayed in my hostel for some time and was like a brother to me, I made sure he never lacked as long as i had something, that was why I felt I could trust him with my property, so i dropped the gen with him.

Fast forward to when we resumed, he claimed he was still in Ibadan and is yet to resume to school and would be in school in 2 weeks time, so i managed for 2weeks as there is no light in my school at all. 2weeks passed, 3weeks passed so he called me on a faithful day and started lamenting that my generator was stolen in his house, before he left school for ibadan but didn't know how to tell me, but if i can give him some time he will refund my money. Meanwhile during the time he was postponing his resumption date and before he opened up to me, i had been going to his place without informing him because i became suspicious and then i saw his own generator right outside in his burglary and nobody could steal that one as he's not around but they stole mine while he was around.

I became very angry and went straight to the school security unit the following day to report the case, they started telling me to buy card for them which I did, I went there for like a week and I kept buying card for them until i got broke and tired of the case.

Now a person i called friend thinks he played a smart one on me just because i live in a country of injustice. please how can i go about getting my money or gen back, the Lockdown break has drastically reduced the momentum of the case to zero and i don't know what to do again and am not forgetting it please help me, I have his matric number, account number, and evidence to proof

Re: Who Is Your Friend? by illicit(m): 6:10pm On Aug 01, 2020
Arrange the guy, forget security
Re: Who Is Your Friend? by shellsea(m): 12:30am On Aug 02, 2020
One reason I don't have friends... I only know people.... The word Friend is too big to be given to anyhow person....
Re: Who Is Your Friend? by olasubomi2354: 2:37am On Aug 02, 2020
sad
Re: Who Is Your Friend? by Usorohtheman(m): 9:22am On Aug 02, 2020
Many people don't understand what a friend is. Op, if you can, forget about the case but cut off from him.

Whenever you see him, don't greet him but just stare at him. He will be feeling the heat.

(1) (Reply)

Rent Now And Pay Later In Lagos & Abuja! / Endsars; Tinubu Denies Allegations Of Sending Military To Shoot At Protesters / Protests: Catholic Priest Mobilises Youths To Clean-up Onitsha; Calls For Calm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.