Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,083 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend (42733 Views)

UNDERCOVER: Inside Lagos Drug Dens Where The Police Is ‘your Friend’ / Angry Protest Against Chidinma, Says Police Is Taking It Too Lightly With Her / How Old Were You When You Knew That The Word POLICE Is An Acronym? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by Ishilove: 5:13pm On Jul 01, 2021
I have never been a fan of the Nigerian police because of several unsavory personal experiences with them. I have made this known several times on this forum, and one time a police officer Nairalander reached out to me privately to let me know that the despite the bad eggs in the Force, good ones still exist. Although I remain unconvinced (worse now more than ever), I still maintain a cordial relationship with this person.

This afternoon, my SO was stopped by the men in black at Underbridge on the road that leads to Guiness, Oba Akran road, Ikeja. They pulled him over and proceeded to do a 'thorough search' of the vehicle. Surprise surprise, what did they find at the corner of the door of the driver's side?

Yep, you guessed right. Colorado, aka Cannabis, aka advanced SK or whatever allied street adjective is given to this brand of illegal stimulant.

This is someone who has does not even fraternize with people who smoke this nonsense, neither has he smoked this in his life. He hardly even gives people lifts so where did this stick of Igbo come from?

You are right again. Our friendly Nigerian Police Officers dropped it there for the usual hydra headed purposes of extortion, intimidation, theft, thievery, harassment etcetera etcetera.

They handcuffed this innocent young man like a common criminal, and one of them nearly slapped him, but when the officer noticed his unruffled demeanour and almost maniacally calm laughter, they realised that perhaps, just,perhaps they were messing with the wrong candidate.

A took a call from higher quarters before he was released after hours of embarrassment and being shackled like a thief who stole the neighbourhood goat.

Now my question is what would have happened if he did not have contacts that he could reach out to? He would have been hauled off to jail and milked dry. There are so many innocent people in cells languishing because the people who have sworn to serve and protect them have betrayed them.

The Nigerian Police is NOT YOUR FRIEND. When they pull you over and want to search your vehicle, be VERY vigilant. If possible you latch their hands to yours so that all of you will search together in case they want to be unfortunate. Many of them plant illegal substances in people's vehicles and living quarters so that they can have an avenue to extort and harass them, and woe betides you if you don't have either connection or money to bail yourself.

THE NIGERIAN POLICE IS NOT YOUR FRIEND!!

427 Likes 47 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:15pm On Jul 01, 2021
3 weeks ago, at the border between delta and Edo State on the asaba-benin express way, they tried same thing , fortunately I knew his plan, and followed him like an eagle, he was disappointed and had to let go grin

315 Likes 18 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by OlawaleBammie: 5:16pm On Jul 01, 2021
Ok
Madam not only dem

Even the Nigeria atmosphere is becoming unfriendly, so what do u expect from the inhabitants??

In Nigeria, if u wake up in d morning, and return home safely in the evening dont rejoice yet, make sure u re in ur dream by around 2am next day before u rejoice.

Could u believe that my boys go carry cocoa come from camp now and these same policemen wanted to drag dem to station just because dem wan collect 500 egunje, and na 200 i gave my boys, my boys are calling me just now to inform me, just cus of egunje.

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by dingbang(m): 5:17pm On Jul 01, 2021
Thank you for this piece ishilove.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 01, 2021
Is there any difference between a Nigerian police and armed robbers?

390 Likes 21 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by Baawaa(m): 5:20pm On Jul 01, 2021
They are our great enemies because they are arm robbers in uniforms,I hate them with passion

253 Likes 10 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by Henrydonland(m): 5:23pm On Jul 01, 2021
I don't get why people just leave their cars and houses to be searched without being vigilant.

For this life u gats dey smart because dis naija police go catch you off guard if you no get sense.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by pocohantas(f): 5:24pm On Jul 01, 2021
Rozcol:
Is there any difference between a Nigerian police and armed robbers?

Yea, the former (NPF) has the backing of the FG.

229 Likes 15 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by debbydams(f): 5:27pm On Jul 01, 2021
pocohantas:

Yea, the former has the backing of the FG. grin
grin grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by Gentlerespect76: 5:27pm On Jul 01, 2021
So very unfortunate; just who can redeem this lost nation

Ishilove:
I have never been a fan of the Nigerian police because of several unsavory personal experiences with them. I have made this known several times on this forum, and one time a police officer Nairalander reached out to me privately to let me know that the despite the bad eggs in the Force, good ones still exist. Although I remain unconvinced (worse now more than ever), I still maintain a cordial relationship with this person.

This afternoon, my SO was stopped by the men in black at Underbridge on the road that leads to Guiness, Oba Akran road, Ikeja. They pulled him over and proceeded to do a 'thorough search' of the vehicle. Surprise surprise, what did they find at the corner of the door of the driver's side?

Yep, you guessed right. Colorado, aka Cannabis, aka advanced SK or whatever allied street adjective is given to this brand of illegal stimulant.

This is someone who has does not even fraternize with people who smoke this nonsense, neither has he smoked this in his life. He hardly even gives people lifts so where did this stick of Igbo come from?

You are right again. Our friendly Nigerian Police Officers dropped it there for the usual hydra headed purposes of extortion, intimidation, theft, thievery, harassment etcetera etcetera.

They handcuffed this innocent young man like a common criminal, and one of them nearly slapped him, but when the officer noticed his unruffled demeanour and almost maniacally calm laughter, they realised that perhaps, just,perhaps they were messing with the wrong candidate.

A took a call from higher quarters before he was released after hours of embarrassment and being shackled like a thief who stole the neighbourhood goat.

Now my question is what would have happened if he did not have contacts that he could reach out to? He would have been hauled off to jail and milked dry. There are so many innocent people in cells languishing because the people who have sworn to serve and protect them have betrayed them.

The Nigerian Police is NOT YOUR FRIEND. When they pull you over and want to search your vehicle, be VERY vigilant. If possible you latch their hands to yours so that all of you will search together in case they want to be unfortunate. THE NIGERIAN POLICE IS NOT YOUR FRIEND!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by Grupo(m): 5:28pm On Jul 01, 2021
A police officer once said these exact words to me "look at you, you fit be my junior brother age mate and you dey drive car. Yet I dey here dey carry iron (referring to his gun) from morning till night. You must find me something before you go."

I had to give him 500 naira before he let me go.

180 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by BluntCrazeMan: 5:33pm On Jul 01, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
3 weeks ago, at the border between delta and Edo State on the asaba-benin express way, they tried same thing , unfortunately I knew his plan, and followed him like an eagle, he was disappointed and had to let go grin
Always make sure that only one officer searches your vehicle...
Please don't ever let another officer to start searching from the other side where your eyes are not reaching..
Just plead with him earnestly to stop his own search and allow only the officer in front of you to do the whole searching.
Another Saving Trick is Reading their “Name Tags” and calling them by their own names.
Assuming the name on his Name Tag is “Idahat Hassan”, call him “Officer Hassan” or “Officer Idahat”, rather than just calling him “Officer”..
If you call him by his name, he attends to you more professionally.

I've been using this trick, and it works like magic every time.

121 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by fbtowner(m): 5:33pm On Jul 01, 2021
I thought everyone is aware of this trick dammn

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by DaddyGoo: 5:48pm On Jul 01, 2021
Oldddd trick. NPF are vagabonds!

Na so one keep bullet for our door as we dey go Benin from Abuja.

God punish am that my cousin who is an intelligence service officer was there and identified himself before they could conclude their rubbish!

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 01, 2021
Na wa. So what about us who don't know anybody? undecided

I been think say police don calm down after SARS saga.

Besides, it's rare for people to go about with hard drugs in their cars. At all at all, their dealers will bring it to their house.

Glad your SO was able to get himself out of their hands despite the embarrassment.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by kingthreat(m): 6:09pm On Jul 01, 2021
Nigerian police are frustrating elements of the society. The greed in all Nigerians is in them and they are using their uniforms to pepetrate it when they should curtail that of the society.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by armadeo(m): 6:15pm On Jul 01, 2021
The level of dislike in my heart once I see them on the road is beyond comprehension.

It's not in my nature to hate but I really dislike them intensely.

Men I hate them joor.

Animals. Always looking to extort that's all. All the time.

WTF is stop and search? Is that how crime is solved. One stopped me the other day and said your drivers license and tint permit.

I habe two tint permits the old one and new one
I left the old one on top because once they see it, they cannot see anything else. The pretend to gloss over the rest of the papers ab flip back to the old one.

I always have the last laugh. One even said I should remove it and I told him all na paper.

One imbe told me you're welcome at checking my papers and I told him I didn't ask for the paper to be checked. Zoomed off.

Animals. Though non has ever searched my car. Like ever.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 01, 2021
Never been in doubt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by egennie(f): 6:32pm On Jul 01, 2021
seriously
Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by Akpuobi1: 6:32pm On Jul 01, 2021
A
Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by CelestineNelson: 6:33pm On Jul 01, 2021
Someone that collects money from you before he allowed you to pass, is that one a friend mtcheew. They are just cooperate beggers

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by slawormiir: 6:33pm On Jul 01, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright .......

I dey avoid those people like plague

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 01, 2021
No be today
Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by GIANTPLUSHUB: 6:33pm On Jul 01, 2021
Mheen! For this to be coming from the popular ISHILOVE herself! Wahala done wear kokoshoe ooo! Sorry ISHILOVE!

I was explaining to someone that the betterment of this country isn't the government jobs alone. The citizens themselves like the police have alot to do to rebrand themselves. This clearly explains it. Next time, be on the lookout and vigilant to avoid any implanting of whatever object. But, this trick done tey ooooo! It's good for it to be on Frontpage again anyway so as for more people to be aware.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by Iceyjayz: 6:33pm On Jul 01, 2021
Naija

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by The5DME(m): 6:34pm On Jul 01, 2021
The level of decay in the Nigerian police force is gargantuan.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by Imperare(f): 6:34pm On Jul 01, 2021
Yes they are not anyone's friend

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 01, 2021
nah so Dem dey do Sha...
very useless people
Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by foeedaba: 6:34pm On Jul 01, 2021
ok
Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by elmessiahs(m): 6:35pm On Jul 01, 2021
Go mile one police first, when you comback den tell me if the Nigerian police is ur friend

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Two Men Arrested For Gang Raping A 16-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photo) / Palm Wine Tapper Caught Trying To Smuggle Food For Kidnappers In A Farm In Delta / Photo Of Abolarinwa Olaoye Who Committed Suicide In Ekiti Secretariat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.