Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

NBA Player Refuses To Kneel For Black Lives Matter, Says It's Against Gospel - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / NBA Player Refuses To Kneel For Black Lives Matter, Says It's Against Gospel (389 Views)

Church Members Asked To Kneel For Coming Late In Benin, Edo State (photo, Video) / 'It Is About Microchips' – Chris Oyakhilome On Black Lives Matter Protests / People Kneel For Apostle Suleman In Kwara As He Commissions Bliss TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NBA Player Refuses To Kneel For Black Lives Matter, Says It's Against Gospel by freelansa: 4:10pm On Aug 01, 2020
Orlando Magic basketballer, Jonathan Isaac became the first NBA player to stand during the National Anthem as the NBA league resumed play after a 20-week hiatus due to the coronavirus pandemic on Friday night.

Isaac, who is Black, and 22 years of age, remained standing as players and coaches from both teams, as well as referees, took a knee during the playing of the National Anthem.
He was also the only player seen not wearing a "Black Lives Matter" shirt.

The Black Lives matter protests began in response to police brutality and racism ongoing in the US and the protest has noe spread all over the world with sports teams wearing the BLM logo and kneeling down during the national anthem at games.

After the game, which Orlando Magic won, Isaac was questioned as to why he took the decision to not join his fellow teammates to kneel.

According to him, the decision to kneel isn't biblical. He explained his reasoning in response to a question from Bleacher Report's Taylor Rooks:

“Absolutely I believe that Black lives matter,” Isaac said after the game. “A lot went into my decision…kneeling or wearing a ‘Black Lives Matter’ t-shirt don’t go hand in hand in supporting Black lives.

"I do believe that Black lives matter, I just felt like it was a decision I had to make, and I didn’t feel like putting that shirt on and kneeling went hand in hand with supporting Black lives.”

“I don’t think that kneeling or putting on a T-shirt for me, personally, is the answer. For me, Black lives are supported through the gospel, all lives are supported through the gospel," Isaac said.

"We all fall short of God’s glory, and at the end of the day, whoever will humble themselves and seek God and repent their sins, then we could see our mistakes and people’s mistakes and people’s evil in a different light, and that it would help bring us closer together and get past skin color, get past anything that’s on the surface that doesn’t really deal with the hearts of men and women.”

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/8/basketballer-jonathan-isaac-becomes-first-nba-player-to-refuse-taking-a-knee-and-not-wear-black-lives-matter-shirt-during-national-anthem-photosvideo-2.html

Cc lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: NBA Player Refuses To Kneel For Black Lives Matter, Says It's Against Gospel by Kobojunkie: 4:15pm On Aug 01, 2020

"I do believe that Black lives matter, I just felt like it was a decision I had to make, and I didn’t feel like putting that shirt on and kneeling went hand in hand with supporting Black lives.”

“I don’t think that kneeling or putting on a T-shirt for me, personally, is the answer. For me, Black lives are supported through the gospel, all lives are supported through the gospel," Isaac said.
OP, if you read the write-up, you would see that the man never said it was against the gospel, which is true. Your title is misleading.

The wearing of a tee shirt and kneeling, it refusal to, has nothing to do with God or the gospel. People need to stop acting like brainless dingbats in the name of God.

1 Like

Re: NBA Player Refuses To Kneel For Black Lives Matter, Says It's Against Gospel by vibre: 4:19pm On Aug 01, 2020
He is right, in Christianity, All lives matter!!

3 Likes

Re: NBA Player Refuses To Kneel For Black Lives Matter, Says It's Against Gospel by Gullah: 4:22pm On Aug 01, 2020
vibre:
In Christ, there is no black or white, no Jew or gentile. We are all one body in Christ

4 Likes

Re: NBA Player Refuses To Kneel For Black Lives Matter, Says It's Against Gospel by Goalnaldo(m): 4:24pm On Aug 01, 2020
The real non-conformist

1 Like

Re: NBA Player Refuses To Kneel For Black Lives Matter, Says It's Against Gospel by Kobojunkie: 4:24pm On Aug 01, 2020
vibre:
All lives matter but that is no reason to then not support a cause devoted to finding a cure for Sickle cell Anaemia, is it?

Christianity has nothing to do with a support or lack of for a movement that chooses to focus on a subset of the population. People should stop trying to DRAG God down into there prejudice.

I am not a fan of the blacklives matter movement myself because I also believe a more broad approach is needed to tackle the problem. That said, I refuse to pretend my stance is God's stance as that sort of thinking is small-minded and God is anything but small-minded. And He does not call any of His own to such thinking

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NBA Player Refuses To Kneel For Black Lives Matter, Says It's Against Gospel by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 01, 2020
What do you mean by "refused"? Who is the idiot that commanded him to do so. It's so sad that people can not see black lives matter as what it is. A racist terrorist group; legal KKK
Re: NBA Player Refuses To Kneel For Black Lives Matter, Says It's Against Gospel by alBHAGDADI: 4:40pm On Aug 01, 2020
Kobojunkie:
All lives matter but that is no reason to then support a cause devoted to finding a cure for Sickle cell Anaemia, is it?

Christianity has nothing to do with a support or lack of for a movement that chooses to focus on a subset of the population. People should stop trying to DRAG God down into there prejudice.

I am not a fan of the blacklives matter movement myself because I also believe a more broad approach is needed to tackle the problem. That said, I refuse to pretend my stance is God's stance ad that is small-minded and God is anything but small-minded. And He does not call any of His own to such thinking

Just keep your mouth shut.

Who told you that Black Lives Matter is a "movement that chooses to focus on a subset of the population"?. Have you spent time to check their website to see their agenda?

A look at their agenda sees them boldly stating that they seek to destroy the nuclear family ordained by God. They want to defend police and support the LGBTQ+.

Is that what you want a Christian to show solidarity with to the point of kneeling down?

Black Lives Matter is anti-God and anti-Christian.

Christians who are saved are awake and can see the clear handwriting of the Antichrist.

2 Likes

Re: NBA Player Refuses To Kneel For Black Lives Matter, Says It's Against Gospel by Kobojunkie: 4:42pm On Aug 01, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

Just keep your mouth shut.

Who told you that Black Lives Matter is a "movement that chooses to focus on a subset of the population"?. Have you spent time to check their website to see their agenda?

A look at their agenda sees them boldly stating that they seek to destroy the nuclear family ordained by God. They want to defend police and support the LGBTQ+.

Is that what you want a Christian to show solidarity with to the point of kneeling down?

Black Lives Matter is anti-God and anti-Christian.

Christians who are saved are awake and can see the clear handwriting of the Antichrist.

I don't know what juice you are smoking there, so I am not even going to engage you on that gobbledygook you spew there.

Like I said..
Kobojunkie:
All lives matter but that is no reason to then support a cause devoted to finding a cure for Sickle cell Anaemia, is it?

I am not a fan of the blacklives matter movement myself because I also believe a more broad approach is needed to tackle the problem. That said, I refuse to pretend my stance is God's stance ad that is small-minded and God is anything but small-minded. And He does not call any of His own to such thinking
Re: NBA Player Refuses To Kneel For Black Lives Matter, Says It's Against Gospel by alBHAGDADI: 4:43pm On Aug 01, 2020
Kobojunkie:

OP, if you read the write-up, you would see that the man never said it was against the gospel, which is true. Your title is misleading.

The wearing of a tee shirt and kneeling, it refusal to, has nothing to do with God or the gospel. People need to stop acting like brainless dingbats in the name of God.

Look below.

2 Likes

Re: NBA Player Refuses To Kneel For Black Lives Matter, Says It's Against Gospel by Kobojunkie: 4:44pm On Aug 01, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

Look below.
Learn to read!
Re: NBA Player Refuses To Kneel For Black Lives Matter, Says It's Against Gospel by alBHAGDADI: 4:45pm On Aug 01, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Learn to read!
But you were not going to engage me grin
Re: NBA Player Refuses To Kneel For Black Lives Matter, Says It's Against Gospel by chukwunweikeemi(m): 4:46pm On Aug 01, 2020
so good,so true.I love that he didn't take a kneel.All lives matter and until we come closer to God we will never value human life.Most people who are shocked at what happened to George floyd don't have a problem with abortion which is cold-blooded murder.Aborted babies die a more horrible death than George Floyd and it is even more painful because the death is parent assisted.

2 Likes

Re: NBA Player Refuses To Kneel For Black Lives Matter, Says It's Against Gospel by Kobojunkie: 4:49pm On Aug 01, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

But you were not going to engage me grin
What is it about my post do you not understand? Your stance as far as black lives matter has absolutely NOTHING to do with God and the things of God. Stop trying to drag GOD along with you!

If you think posting gooble-de-gook you were fed by other propagandists on those you like to hate is going to somehow sway me in much the same way you were easily swayed, then you are trying to "engage" the wrong person.
Re: NBA Player Refuses To Kneel For Black Lives Matter, Says It's Against Gospel by alBHAGDADI: 4:59pm On Aug 01, 2020
Kobojunkie:
What is it about my post do you not understand? Your stance as far as black lives matter has absolutely NOTHING to do with God and the things of God. Stop trying to drag GOD along with you!

If you think posting gooble-de-gook you were fed by other propagandists on those you like to hate is going to somehow sway me in much the same way you were easily swayed, then you are trying to "engage" the wrong person.

Does Black Lives Matter support LGBTQ which God hates? YES

Does Black Lives Matter hates nuclear family which God loves? YES

Should Christians love what God loves and hate what he hates? YES.

If your answers to the above questions are also YES, then why do you still question a Christian's stance against Black Lives Matter?

2 Likes

Re: NBA Player Refuses To Kneel For Black Lives Matter, Says It's Against Gospel by alBHAGDADI: 5:01pm On Aug 01, 2020
chukwunweikeemi:
so good,so true.I love that he didn't take a kneel.All lives matter and until we come closer to God we will never value human life.Most people who are shocked at what happened to George floyd don't have a problem with abortion which is cold-blooded murder.Aborted babies die a more horrible death than George Floyd and it is even more painful because the death is parent assisted.

You are right.

2 Likes

Re: NBA Player Refuses To Kneel For Black Lives Matter, Says It's Against Gospel by Mywd: 5:05pm On Aug 01, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Oga calm dowm and read it again then i will understand.... I see u are an atheist

1 Like

Re: NBA Player Refuses To Kneel For Black Lives Matter, Says It's Against Gospel by Kobojunkie: 5:05pm On Aug 01, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

Does Black Lives Matter support LGBTQ which God hates? YES

Does Black Lives Matter hates nuclear family which God loves? YES

Should Christians love what God loves and hate what he hates? YES.

If your answers to the above questions are also YES, then why do you still question a Christian's stance against Black Lives Matter?
God does not hate LGBTQ, you do but you are not God. Remember that.

Followers of Jesus Christ love their enemies and pray for, not against them. But since you have chosen to hate your fellow man claiming you do so in the name of God, I don't even believe you realize that you have nothing to do with Jesus Christ, let alone God, His Father.
Re: NBA Player Refuses To Kneel For Black Lives Matter, Says It's Against Gospel by Kobojunkie: 5:06pm On Aug 01, 2020
Mywd:
Oga calm dowm and read it again then i will understand.... I see u are an atheist
I am not an atheist. And last I checked, God has not called His own to be liars .

(1) (Reply)

Cast down / King Leopold II Write A Letter To Christian Missionaries. / Maureen Badejo needs mental evaluation lies exposed on live show by Femi Oyewale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.