Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card (26942 Views)

1224 Dead Persons On Voter Register, Adamawa – INEC / Free Browsing How To Get Mtn 756mb Worth Of Data 100% Free Of Charge / NIMC: National ID Card Pre-enrolment Portal Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by McTobe(m): 6:52pm On Aug 03, 2020
This is what you will do:
1. You can do the affidavit for now and keep using it for the moment
2. When you hear that INEC has started doing new registration then you go with the PVC as well as the affidavit and explain to any INEC Personnel you meet at the LGA office where you registered the PVC(note that it must be done at the state where you registered the PVC)
3.They will give you a form for correction of data in the PVC and photocopy your affidavit and the PVC with mistake for INEC record
4.Then you keep checking or collect any of the staff Phone number to keep in touch(note that this depends on your approach as they are not bound to give you their number). When they print the new PVC you will be contacted to come and collect your new PVC and the old one will be withdrawn
Alternatively if you want to be unconventional do the following
1. Go to the ICT Department in that state you did the registration and plead with the ICT guys to help you out I.e to effect the change faster. If they will agree it will help you to cut off LGA Protocol and do the correction for you when authorization and the access is given to them by the necessary authorities. They will help you to do everything and give you back your old PVC but you must collect the new PVC only from the LGA office. Why I brought the ICT guys in is to make sure that the work get to the right people that do the job.

I hope this helps
exynos:
Good day Nairalanders,

Prior to the presidential election which was held last year, I requested to obtain the voter's ID card. But, the end of the registration period as rolled out by INEC was drawing nigh–I wasn't even registered.

To cut the long story short. I was among those who were lucky enough to successfully register at the 11th hour. I was asked to come the next day for the temporary voter's card. Unfortunately, I quickly noticed a slight mistake on my name for it was erroneously entered– ANAJE instead of AWAJE.

Please I want you guys to help me on what to do, how do I go about effecting the correct changes? I want to make use of the ID card now.

PS: I have tried making enquiries by contacting INEC through their online platforms like Twitter and FB, I even had to mail them. Yet, I received zero response.

Someone said I should attach a sworn affidavit of correction/change of name to the ID card, although I'm still vague on how feasible it is.

1 Like

Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by exynos(m): 7:23pm On Aug 03, 2020
McTobe:
This is what you will do:
1. You can do the affidavit for now and keep using it for the moment
2. When you hear that INEC has started doing new registration then you go with the PVC as well as the affidavit and explain to any INEC Personnel you meet at the LGA office where you registered the PVC(note that it must be done at the state where you registered the PVC)
3.They will give you a form for correction of data in the PVC and photocopy your affidavit and the PVC with mistake for INEC record
4.Then you keep checking or collect any of the staff Phone number to keep in touch(note that this depends on your approach as they are not bound to give you their number). When they print the new PVC you will be contacted to come and collect your new PVC and the old one will be withdrawn
Alternatively if you want to be unconventional do the following
1. Go to the ICT Department in that state you did the registration and plead with the ICT guys to help you out I.e to effect the change faster. If they will agree it will help you to cut off LGA Protocol and do the correction for you when authorization and the access is given to them by the necessary authorities. They will help you to do everything and give you back your old PVC but you must collect the new PVC only from the LGA office. Why I brought the ICT guys in is to make sure that the work get to the right people that do the job.

I hope this helps
Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by exynos(m): 7:24pm On Aug 03, 2020
Thank you guys, I'm greatful
Juliearth et al
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by Luper123(m): 7:34pm On Aug 03, 2020
exynos:
Good day Nairalanders,

Prior to the presidential election which was held last year, I requested to obtain the voter's ID card. But, the end of the registration period as rolled out by INEC was drawing nigh–I wasn't even registered.

To cut the long story short. I was among those who were lucky enough to successfully register at the 11th hour. I was asked to come the next day for the temporary voter's card. Unfortunately, I quickly noticed a slight mistake on my name for it was erroneously entered– ANAJE instead of AWAJE.

Please I want you guys to help me on what to do, how do I go about effecting the correct changes? I want to make use of the ID card now.

PS: I have tried making enquiries by contacting INEC through their online platforms like Twitter and FB, I even had to mail them. Yet, I received zero response.

Someone said I should attach a sworn affidavit of correction/change of name to the ID card, although I'm still vague on how feasible it is.
Go to the nearest registration center and it will be corrected.I had a similar issue,(mine was bvn)it was corrected on thursday 30-07-2020(i registered in 2017).

1 Like

Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by Aguemma(m): 9:06pm On Aug 03, 2020
Luper123:

Go to the nearest registration center and it will be corrected.I had a similar issue,(mine was bvn)it was corrected on thursday 30-07-2020(i registered in 2017).

I have similar problem sir. The date of birth in my bvn and voters card isn't correct, what should I do?
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by goldmatrix(m): 9:32pm On Aug 03, 2020
...don't worry, soon u won't need it again. After 2023 another type will come out. No be naija be dis?
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by anzaku47(m): 11:56pm On Aug 03, 2020
carbony4red:
Instead of using your voters card, it's preferable you just get your national ID card with your real name and use it to swear a court affidavit to back up your biters card because I'm not sure INEC made any plans for name correction on voters ID card.

NB: You might get another voters card from another location, you just have to claim that you have never had one before.
On my national ID first name was interchanged with middle name.
Please any idea on how to go about it?
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by anzaku47(m): 11:59pm On Aug 03, 2020
Luper123:

Please were you given a new print out slip?
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by Hopefulpraiz(m): 12:10am On Aug 04, 2020
Pls help a soul out, i need a job in suleja/abuja, house keeper/ security or anything legal
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by Juliearth(f): 3:42am On Aug 04, 2020
exynos:
Thank you guys, I'm greatful

Juliearth et al

You are welcome!
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by hopara1(m): 6:21am On Aug 04, 2020
I had similar issue too
It was changed during the last general batch of registration before last election...
It's advisable you wait till registration before next election...
Swear an affidavit and use it now to do whatever you want to use it for, pending correction...
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by Luper123(m): 1:24pm On Aug 04, 2020
anzaku47:

Please were you given a new print out slip?
Yes.
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by Luper123(m): 1:26pm On Aug 04, 2020
Aguemma:

I have similar problem sir. The date of birth in my bvn and voters card isn't correct, what should I do?
Go to a registration center,they'll surely rectify the issues.
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by Aguemma(m): 1:54pm On Aug 04, 2020
Luper123:
Go to a registration center,they'll surely rectify the issues.

So I can correct the mistake in my bvn after rectifying it?
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by Luper123(m): 5:30pm On Aug 04, 2020
[quote author=Aguemma post=92448758]
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 07, 2021
Luper123:

Please,can i still correct my date of birth on my PVC even when continuous voters registration has not begun?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? / Great Photographs Collected From History 2. / Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.