Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here - Programming (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here (40288 Views)

A Comprehensive Tutorial On Vb 6.0 / My Board Games In Vb 6.0 / Vb 6.0/vb .NET & Intranet/internet Application Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by rosworms: 11:47pm On Feb 22, 2010
hi, i'm making PAP ( final year project ), and i need help, my program is to control electrical appliances (such as lights and sensors) of a house across the vb 6 and parallel port , and I am not able to send and receive signals from more than 8 devices , and I need to send and receive 32 signals , very grateful any help,
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 12:13am On Feb 27, 2010
Vb6.0 is good but not all solutions you desire to get thru with it.
Connecting to hardwares are not necessary too good with vb6.0.
Except you want to simulate it.

Again, tell the manufactures of the appliances you want to use to supply u with sdk.
If you have the kit them I can help you on hw to connect to them using vb6.0
Thanks
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by royalicon(m): 10:24am On Mar 05, 2010
Programmers in da house! LuckyCO et al thanks for your immense contributions here and am glad you will be of great help.

Am a newbie to VB6.0 and i have 2 questions. Clear explanations will be highlt appreciated.

1. How do i connect to MySQL Database through a form on VB6.0 (for online access).

2. Pls correct this code for me.
- What i need do is that the textboxes will not be active (enable) unless the corresponding checkbox is enable/click.

Below is the code i use but it doesn't work fine

Private sub Check1_Click()
If Check1.Enabled = True Then
Text1.Enabled = True
Else: Text1.Enabled = False
End If
End Sub.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 12:38am On Mar 09, 2010
royalicon:

Programmers in da house! LuckyCO et al thanks for your immense contributions here and am glad you will be of great help.

Am a newbie to VB6.0 and i have 2 questions. Clear explanations will be highlt appreciated.

1. How do i connect to MySQL Database through a form on VB6.0 (for online access).

2. Pls correct this code for me.
- What i need do is that the textboxes will not be active (enable) unless the corresponding checkbox is enable/click.

Below is the code i use but it doesn't work fine

Private sub Check1_Click()
If Check1.Enabled = True Then
Text1.Enabled = True
Else: Text1.Enabled = False
End If
End Sub.

Sir dont understand by you need to connect to MySQL for online access. DO you mean you are designing a web site with vb6.0?
U may search connectionstring for mySQL in your google.
There you will see many connectionstring. I should be tired of posting the same thing all over and over again.

If checkbox1.value=1 then
textbox1.enable=true
else
textbox1.enable=false
end if
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by ibrosmith: 8:05am On Mar 10, 2010
I would have love to ask questions but i think i should rather learn the use of codes so that i may understand and be able to scrutinize any code i come accross. All i want is if any one (say LuckyCo) could start giving me some simple codes and their explanation to start with because the textbook im using is not helping matters. A big thank you in advance for anyone who volunteer to train me as a student of VB.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 2:35am On Mar 13, 2010
ibrosmith:

I would have love to ask questions but i think i should rather learn the use of codes so that i may understand and be able to scrutinize any code i come accross. All i want is if any one (say LuckyCo) could start giving me some simple codes and their explanation to start with because the textbook im using is not helping matters. A big thank you in advance for anyone who volunteer to train me as a student of VB.

It is a good thing and best way to learn programming by having something in mind from there you start asking questions and learn.
The easiest way to learn programming is to have a simply difficult task and able to figure it out yourself, though u may need to ask people questions.

No one will teach you programming but coding writing!. Many people come to me to learn programming but they dont have the craft and zeal needed in learning programming. I quickly discharge them because they are ready to waste my time.
They want to program becos many people they know are doing it.
It is necessary you do what your heart desires.

You cannot learn programming by this way, just as you think.
However, u can go to market buy video tutorial CDS and follow it, open a vb interface, whatever they say or do pause and do just as they did.
If you try that and it did not help then you might need to ask yourself question.
You may be very good in networking or computer repairs but not programming.

So stop flattering us and post to us your questions and we will give you an answer for a solution to a given problem.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 10:36pm On Mar 24, 2010
No more questions?
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by tessybrown(m): 10:54am On Mar 28, 2010
Go check diz out a lady own a site AND it is hosted by CENTRALZONE.it sumhow but IT VERY NASTY BEIN THE OWNER and VERY woNdERFUL bein THE STAFF ok GO CHECK IT NoW @ http://ladieshood.waphall.com GUYZ ARE ALSO WELCUM .
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by realkola: 6:12pm On Mar 28, 2010
IM AN INFORMATION MARKETER.IM GALD TO LET YOU KNOW THAT U CAN GET 180,000 NAIRA EVERY MONTH ON 2,000,000 NAIRA FOR EXAMPLE, IF YOU HAVE IT FIXED WITH A PARTICULAR MICROFINACE BANK.I WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE INFORMATION FOR THIS 9 PERCENT INTEREST RATE ON ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU FIXED WITH THEM.THEY ARE RELIABLE I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THEM FOR A YEAR NOW.I WILL COLLECT 50,000 NAIRA CASH BEFORE I RELEASE THE INFORMATION.CALL TUNDE 08037717482.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 11:44pm On Mar 28, 2010
no more questions?
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 8:15pm On Apr 07, 2010
No more questions!
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by mokei(m): 12:46am On Apr 11, 2010
how do i write a program to print the sum of odd nos in vb please
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 2:21pm On Apr 13, 2010
mokei:

how do i write a program to print the sum of odd nos in vb please

Dim J as Long
dim sum as long

To Print it on Vb FORM
for J=1 to 2000 step 2
sum=sum + j
next J
Print sum;

To Put it on a text box on a form.
dim Xtx as string
dim sum as long

for J=1 to 2000 step 2
sum =sum + j
next J
textbox1.text=sum

To send it to printer

for J=1 to 2000 step 2
sum = sum + J
next J
Printer.print sum

Reduce the 2000 to any number you like.

Let me know if it is not what u want.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by faoni572(m): 4:09pm On Apr 15, 2010
luckyCO, I had a problem with my laptop and I formatted it. The problem now is that the VB 6.0 on it is gone and I have been looking for a place to download it but I couldn't get it. I want to ask if you can tell me where I can download it and if anybody knows where I can download VB 6.0 can pls tell me.

Thanks very much.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by phpcore: 4:38pm On Apr 16, 2010
Ur really doing great, if only some guyz that call em' selves guru's we only help out this way and stop blabbing, N'land , Nigeria n d world will be a better place, Stay bless bro, When I was learning Vb also, i remember gettin help rm u, all the time I call u n u tell me how 2 go about it, even at midnit calz, Gosh, ur great bro, Not every1 will be able 2 do did, Now I've so many systems i've developed wit vb6 like E-Voting System, Banking System, Airline Seat Reservation System and lotsmore, rit nw i''m into Php, rlly doing great, got some projects i'm working that will blow up people's mind, God help me, Thanks Bro, GOD Bless U, Shalom as u used 2 say, @ Lucky Cyril and others,
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 5:20am On Apr 17, 2010
phpcore:

your really doing great, if only some guyz that call em' selves guru's we only help out this way and stop blabbing, N'land , Nigeria n d world will be a better place, Stay bless bro, When I was learning Vb also, i remember gettin help rm u, all the time I call u n u tell me how 2 go about it, even at midnit calz, Gosh, your great bro, Not every1 will be able 2 do did, Now I've so many systems i've developed wit vb6 like E-Voting System, Banking System, Airline Seat Reservation System and lotsmore, rit nw i''m into Php, rlly doing great, got some projects i'm working that will blow up people's mind, God help me, Thanks Bro, GOD Bless U, Shalom as u used 2 say, @ Lucky Cyril and others,

Am happy at your current development. I thank God for you.
I will be very happy if I hear you can program in C# or vb.net but C# specifically together with php you are already programming because C# and php share some common syntax.

dotnet has given us easy way to program web. You can then program as in windows packages.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 5:27am On Apr 17, 2010
faoni572:

luckyCO, I had a problem with my laptop and I formatted it. The problem now is that the VB 6.0 on it is gone and I have been looking for a place to download it but I couldn't get it. I want to ask if you can tell me where I can download it and if anybody knows where I can download VB 6.0 can pls tell me.

Thanks very much.

It depends on where u are leaving.
I think MS has supported supporting vb6.0.

Why not go to any computer market near you and buy it.

If you are leaving in Lagos, computer village, Abuja Zone Complex, I dont know about others.

otherwsie please try here http://ineedfile.com/vb6-0-compiler
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by phpcore: 2:25pm On Apr 17, 2010
I can work wit Vb.net not as very good as i use vb6, well, well, well, As for C#, i've not made up my mind 2 start wiv that, Thank u very much 4 d advice, I think i will call u some later. Thanks. Stay Bles, Shalom
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 12:11am On Apr 18, 2010
phpcore:

I can work wit Vb.net not as very good as i use vb6, well, well, well, As for C#, i've not made up my mind 2 start wiv that, Thank u very much 4 d advice, I think i will call u some later. Thanks. Stay Bles, Shalom

Thanks too.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by innocentte: 8:34pm On Apr 22, 2010
can i use vb to design a program for pharmaceutical science? d program should give full information on a particular drug. pls what do i use.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 10:34pm On Apr 22, 2010
innocentte:

can i use vb to design a program for pharmaceutical science? d program should give full information on a particular drug. pls what do i use.

Certainly YES!!!

You need to model you database very well, then use vb to point to the database for serving,updating and deleting data for the purpose of good report display.

Say in ur database u have a table called [b]drugs [/b]and its fields are below;
1. Drug name
2. Drug Manufactures
3. Product line
4. Side Effect
5. Uses
7. Cost Price
8. Measurement
9. etc.

VB will be good for u if u know it, in fact any programming language u know is good, if u dont know any then ask someone to help you write one and from that teach you he/she did it.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by moore20: 8:00pm On Apr 28, 2010
hi lucky, you are really doing a great job may god bless and strengthen you , please i need codes to disallow my user to enter alphabets in a textbox that i want to use for computation e.g txtsalary,txttax,txttotal,txtgrosspay and txtnetpay, the code should display txtnetpay havin only 2 decimal place e.g 148,000.50 or 780,000.00 and finally i need a code to connect to an access database with vb.net 2008 thanks a million
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 3:25am On May 03, 2010
moore20:

hi lucky, you are really doing a great job may god bless and strengthen you ,  please i need codes to disallow my user to enter alphabets in a textbox that i want to use for computation e.g txtsalary,txttax,txttotal,txtgrosspay and txtnetpay,  the code should display txtnetpay havin only 2 decimal place e.g 148,000.50 or 780,000.00 and finally i need a code to connect to an access database with vb.net 2008 thanks a million

Private Sub Text5_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer)
Dim SVar As String

' for numbers only
SVar = "1234567890"

If InStr(SVar, Chr(KeyAscii)) = 0 And KeyAscii <> 8 And KeyAscii <> 13 Then KeyAscii = 0

' for special numbers
SVar = "1234567890+.-"
If InStr(SVar, Chr(KeyAscii)) = 0 And KeyAscii <> 8 And KeyAscii <> 13 Then KeyAscii = 0

End Sub

"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Application.StartupPath & "/<Your Database Name>;Jet OLEDB:Database Password=<Your Password>"

' KeyAscii <> 8 And KeyAscii <> 13 enables backspace and enter key
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by twichi(m): 7:14am On May 06, 2010
rosworms:

hi,  i'm making PAP ( final year project ),  and i need help,  my program is to control electrical appliances (such as lights and sensors) of a house across the vb 6 and parallel port ,  and I am not able to send and receive signals from more than 8 devices ,  and I need to send and receive 32 signals ,  very grateful any help, 

I don't know if you have found solution to your problem.

transmitting and receiving 32 signals via a parallel port should be a cinch (infact you can even do that with serial port that tranceives 1 bit at a time), but offcourse you need to build a circuit that serves as the Middle Man bw your PC and your devices.

You can use a combination of some logic ICs and Flip Flops(Latches) to achieve this but I advice you use microcontroller  to make it simpler and more intelligent/interesting.

N.B. You cannot have direct access to the PC Parallel Port using VB 6.0 (You need the right dll to acheive this - eg inpout32.dll). or better still, use the PC Serial Port

hope this helps,
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by moore20: 12:54pm On May 06, 2010
thanks lucky i'll try the code and get back to u
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 11:53am On May 07, 2010
moore20:

thanks lucky i'll try the code and get back to u

ok, till then!
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by moore20: 6:06pm On May 08, 2010
hi Lucky i tried the code but it didnt work
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by moore20: 8:00pm On May 08, 2010
it still displays a msgbox and then displays the alphabet more so it does the same for digits
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 11:37am On May 13, 2010
I dont know what happened to my reply but notwithstanding, download a sample program from www.cyprosoft.net/products/keypress.rar later tomorrow.

Thanks
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by codeME: 4:47pm On May 19, 2010
Zule pls be careful so dat they will not trick you into doing wat you are not prepared for: sorry wat i mean is let them explained very well, i was involved in developing a software to one popular microfinance bank, the person attached to us(programmer) cannot even explain himself on what they really want us to do. we restarted the program again after we tot we have finished cos of little explanation. thanks God for Vb.classes so it was easy, it may not be like dat for u if you dont make your findings very well.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 1:04am On May 21, 2010
codeME:

Zule pls be careful so dat they will not trick you into doing wat you are not prepared for: sorry wat i mean is let them explained very well, i was involved in developing a software to one popular microfinance bank, the person attached to us(programmer) cannot even explain himself on what they really want us to do. we restarted the program again after we tot we have finished cos of little explanation. thanks God for Vb.classes so it was easy, it may not be like dat for u if you dont make your findings very well.

Dont know who you are advising!
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by hasky: 12:11pm On May 24, 2010
Pls help me out with source code of payroll and personnel mgt software using vb

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Java Programming For Dummies / Nigerian Software Engineer given test to prove he is an engineer at JFK Airport / Facebook Is Suing Me For This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.