Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here - Programming (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here (40256 Views)

A Comprehensive Tutorial On Vb 6.0 / My Board Games In Vb 6.0 / Vb 6.0/vb .NET & Intranet/internet Application Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 11:20am On Mar 02, 2009
kossy:

Pls i need to know if i can use vb6.0 to write program that can help me sign in into yahoomail for example. If not what programming language is best for that.

I have not thought of it,maybe i will research for it and get back to u.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by Arijeseku: 7:21am On Mar 03, 2009
How can i move data in DataGrid to Excel for Editing in Visual Basic
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 11:50am On Mar 03, 2009
If u are using MSHFrexgrid, put data in it and call this function

Public Sub PrintMsh(Mhs As Control, Optional KIM As Integer)
If Global_Can_Change_Setting = False Then
MsgBox "You don't have right to export your report to excel", vbCritical, "Right violated"

Exit Sub
End If

If MsgBox("Are you sure you want to export the data to excel", vbQuestion + vbYesNo, "Choose either yes or no"wink = vbNo Then Exit Sub

On Error GoTo errh
Dim D As Object, K As Long, j As Long
Set D = CreateObject("Excel.Application"wink
D.Visible = True
D.Workbooks.Add
Dim II As Long
Dim i9 As Long

Dim i8 As Integer
i8 = CInt(Mhs.Rows / 65536) - 3
For K = 1 To i8
D.Worksheets.Add
Next K

i8 = 1
i9 = 65536
II = 1
Dim M As Long
M = 1
Dim DF0 As Integer
If KIM <> 0 Then DF0 = KIM + 1

If KIM = 0 Then DF0 = KIM + 1

For K = 0 To Mhs.Rows - 1
If K = i9 Then
II = II + 1: i9 = i9 + 65536: M = 1
If II = i8 Then i8 = i8 + 1:

D.Worksheets(II).Columns.Font.Size = 8
D.Worksheets(II).Rows(1).Font.Bold = True
D.Worksheets(II).Rows.AutoFit
D.Worksheets(II).Columns.AutoFit
End If

For j = 1 To Mhs.Cols - DF0

D.Worksheets(II).Cells(M, j + 1) = Trim(Mhs.TextMatrix(K, j))

Next j

D.Worksheets(II).Cells(M, 1) = M - 1
M = M + 1
Next K

D.Worksheets(II).Cells(1, 1) = "S/N"

D.Worksheets(II).Columns.Font.Size = 8
D.Worksheets(II).Rows(1).Font.Bold = True
D.Worksheets(II).Rows.AutoFit
D.Worksheets(II).Columns.AutoFit
Exit Sub
errh:
End Sub
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by RuuDie(m): 5:20pm On Mar 05, 2009
Hi folks, Any tips on how to use Datareports in VB

I've got this problem with mine, i cannot bind the fields at design, i have to write SQLs to display my results at run-time. Not that i have much qualms with this but does it mean something is wrong with the setup

But basically, what i want to know is how to code the "print" and "import" buttons - primarily, where to place the codes in the whole program

I'd also love to know how to use advance SQL statememts to generate much complex reports - reports with calculated fields, nested table values etc
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 12:36pm On Mar 06, 2009
RuuDie:

Hi folks, Any tips on how to use Datareports in VB

I've got this problem with mine, i cannot bind the fields at design, i have to write SQLs to display my results at run-time. Not that i have much qualms with this but does it mean something is wrong with the setup

But basically, what i want to know is how to code the "print" and "import" buttons - primarily, where to place the codes in the whole program

I'd also love to know how to use advance SQL statememts to generate much complex reports - reports with calculated fields, nested table values etc

Before you use datareport you have to make connection to a database by clicking at project menu and from ActiveX submenu and click at more Activex desinger fro then you click at "Data Environment"

1. make connections and add command
2. Select the table or text and set your SQL to enable you lay ur structure
3. After that you go back to the project and click at add datareport
4. From your Command which contains + sign containing fields carry it into the datareport and modify it the way you want it to be.
5. To pass SQl from run-time
Dataenvironment1.rsCommand1.Open SQL ,Connectionstring
Dataenvironment1.Commands.Item(1).CommandText = SQL
Dataenvironment1.Commands.Item(1).Execute

to show the report and print from there
Datareport1.show
to print directlty

Datareport1.PrintReport

It will display the recordset for you.

If you want to learn more of complex sql you need to buy book and read.
Thanks
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by zmovement(m): 3:36pm On Mar 06, 2009
One of the greatest problems I had in my last developmental efforts was the development of my software's icon or (the one that reflects on the window's top right hand corner of the software) and in the logo. I created it using CorelDraw (.JPEG Format) However, VB 6.0 requested a default .ICO format for this icon. I was not able to surmount this challenge.

Secondly, How can you incorporate a rich graphics (.JPEG) picture into your splash screen without running into similar problems?

Assume that the JPEG picture for the icon is stored in drive :c
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 10:48am On Mar 07, 2009
U need third party software that will enable you with already made Icons from there you design your own.

Icons are normally 16X16 or 24X24 or there about.

Design a rich image and save in say ur c:\ drive then open ur splash screen and goto splash screen property window.
You scroll and see Picture , click at , and navigate to ur c and select the image and click open and it will replace the color of ur splash screen.

Thanks
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by RuuDie(m): 5:40pm On Mar 07, 2009
luckyCO:

Before you use datareport you have to make connection to a database by clicking at project menu and from ActiveX submenu and click at more Activex desinger fro then you click at "Data Environment"

1. make connections and add command
2. Select the table or text and set your SQL to enable you lay ur structure
3. After that you go back to the project and click at add datareport
4. From your Command which contains + sign containing fields carry it into the datareport and modify it the way you want it to be.
5. To pass SQl from run-time
Dataenvironment1.rsCommand1.Open SQL ,Connectionstring
Dataenvironment1.Commands.Item(1).CommandText = SQL
Dataenvironment1.Commands.Item(1).Execute

to show the report and print from there
Datareport1.show
to print directlty

Datareport1.PrintReport

It will display the recordset for you.

If you want to learn more of complex sql you need to buy book and read.
Thanks

Thanks luckyCO,

but where do i place the codes for "print" and "import" - what actions will trigger them - is going to be under a command button
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 9:55am On Mar 09, 2009
Yes put it in command button click procedure event.
say
private sub Command1_Click()
'Ur code goes here
end sub
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by defender4: 9:35pm On Mar 12, 2009
Please i need help on vb 6 packaging installation.

When ever i compiled my Vb6.0 programs to be executed and install in another computer. it posses an error with the system files, that they are out of date.(the sys in which i want to install the program).
this files need to be updated else setup can't continue. It requires the sys to be restarted. Even after restarting the computer for the files to be updated, it does not work. platform = winxp sp2.

What am i to do? please
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 3:04pm On Mar 13, 2009
What you are facing is simply OS version problem.
This was common during the time of windows 98-XP until service park 1 XP.
But any solution written in Service park 2 and installing on service park 1 will still give same problem.

If you cant upgrade the system to service park 2, the u have to install VB in the system before you can installing your program, maybe after you uninstall vb.

Please let me know if u still have problem.

Take care and remain blessed.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by defender4: 7:52am On Mar 14, 2009
THANK U LUCKYCO. yeah u r right, i installed d vb on d machine and later i proceeded wit my package program installation
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by defender4: 7:58am On Mar 14, 2009
it was ok. my questn is? can this b cause by runtime virtual component 4 vb?
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by Arijeseku: 11:31am On Mar 14, 2009
I am very grateful for your help LuckyCO.

God will increase your knowledge.

How can i use MSHFrexgrid? because I am familiar with DataGrid

How can I see you? or Call you on Mobile phone. I need to see you physically and discus some important issue with you. This is my Number: 2348058569049, Nicholas Arijeseku

Thanks.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 2:04pm On Mar 14, 2009
Datagrid is different to MSHFLexgrid.
MSHFrexgrid gives you flexibility to used it.
Datagrid allows u to bind and things like dat.

MSHFrexgrid is like Excel worksheet where u reference row and column with an index number
Eg. 1
If you want to enter data in the first cell you code

MSHFlexGrid1.TextMatrix(RowsNo,ColNo)="Am a good programmer"
OR

MSHFrexgrid.row=1
MSHFrexgrid.col=1
MSHFrexgrid.text="Am a good programmer"

eg 2
If you want to create 10 rows and 5 Columns and put numbers in them see below
MSHFrexgrid.rows=10
MSHFrexgrid.cols=5

Dim J as Integer,I as integer

FOR J=1 to MSHFrexgrid.rows-1
for I=1 to MSHFrexgrid.cols-1
MSHFlexGrid1.TextMatrix(J,I)= J & " * " & I & "=" & J * I
Next I
Next J

Eg 3. If you want to display the value of the cell clicked

Private Sub MSHFlexGrid1_Click()
MsgBox MSHFlexGrid1.TextMatrix(MSHFlexGrid1.Row, MSHFlexGrid1.Col)

End Sub

Hope you can know it now.

If you need to discuss with me and probably see me in Abuja call 08036025235 take care and remain blessed.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 2:10pm On Mar 14, 2009
defender_4:

it was ok. my questn is? can this b cause by runtime virtual component 4 vb?

I may not really say what is causing it. But I narrowed the problem down to OS versions different. It could be but it dont know. Am sorry abt it.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by talk2hb1(m): 4:37am On Mar 15, 2009
plz Help me, i am working on a project that involve securing the system, what i intend to achieve now is how do i create a logon screen that come immediately after window XP/vistas login, it must prompt the user for user name and password and authenticating it. the help i really need is what function or code do i use to bring up my own login screen after window login screen.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by dami9ja(m): 7:44am On Mar 15, 2009
Hello bro, longest time, Please how to i declare the size of an Integer variable? Also want to know how i can define the size of characters in a text box, so that it rounds up to the size defined? E.g if the result is 23.4378 it displays 23.44.
Thanks.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 5:28pm On Mar 16, 2009
dami9ja:

Hello bro, longest time, Please how to i declare the size of an Integer variable? Also want to know how i can define the size of characters in a text box, so that it rounds up to the size defined? E.g if the result is 23.4378 it displays 23.44.
Thanks.

U cannt for now delare the size of an integr variable ince it fixed to 32(6)@@@. @ ign means three other number I dont know while (6) means am not sure whether 32 or 36 so find out.
If what u are looking for is how to delare a variable an integer then
Dim K as Integer

TO make 23.4378 it displays 23.44 in a textbox then
Text1.text=format("23.4378","0,0.00"wink

talk2hb1:

plz Help me, i am working on a project that involve securing the system, what i intend to achieve now is how do i create a logon screen that come immediately after window XP/vistas login, it must prompt the user for user name and password and authenticating it. the help i really need is what function or code do i use to bring up my own login screen after window login screen.
Please will reply you soonest.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by soolari(m): 1:37am On Mar 17, 2009
Am new 2 vb but love 2 no it plz anybdy with d tutorial
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 4:22pm On Mar 17, 2009
www.4shared.com
type vb turtorial then you download a you like.
If you are looking for codes then type www.pscode.com,www.vbourcecode.com etc
Just help yourself you are with ur solution with ur hands overthere.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by dami9ja(m): 5:39am On Mar 20, 2009
@luckyC0, Thank u so much.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 12:27pm On Mar 21, 2009
Thank God.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by zmovement(m): 7:25pm On Mar 21, 2009
Is it possible to embed an MS Access 2003 database table (read/write) into a program group at design time without making it look "back-endish"(two part-application)? (Bearing in mind that you will have to update the database every now and then)

Secondly, is it possible to incorporate a separate data field, bearing photographs (.JPEG format) on an access database table to be displayed on a application Form's picturebox control on accessing a recordset? Please help me with the code snippet assuming that these passport photographs are stored on drive c:
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 4:44pm On Mar 23, 2009
zmovement:

Is it possible to embed an MS Access 2003 database table (read/write) into a program group at design time without making it look "back-endish"(two part-application)? (Bearing in mind that you will have to update the database every now and then)

Secondly, is it possible to incorporate a separate data field, bearing photographs (.JPEG format) on an access database table to be displayed on a application Form's picturebox control on accessing a recordset? Please help me with the code snippet assuming that these passport photographs are stored on drive c:

Well, I dont think it is easy but anything is possible to those who believe. I hv thought abou it, tried it but got another Idea and abandone it there.
When U embed Access Database, Read & write would be blocked except you take it out to its real world (Drive or folder) then you can connect to it and do whatever you want.
Anyway you may try it out.

Your second question is possible but u mixed the question up. U maynot need to hv the picture store again in the database since it already in the drive C:

This is the best way so far to handle the picture thing except where the security is neccesary.

Create a folder where you will store the you pictures and then Create a field in the data that will be bearing the unique picture name with its extension name.
Then on accessing the field it will give you the name of the picture in your folder the u now add the folder path and complete the programn like below
picture1.picture=loadpicture(App.path & "\" & <Picture name>wink

Then this will display the picture.
Incase you dont understand this, I will write the program for u.
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by nobahari11(m): 3:06am On Mar 24, 2009
hi,,I am iranian,,ineed a freegate .in these country all site are filtering nobahari112 grin grin cry
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by Yusphle: 3:25pm On Mar 24, 2009
Hello, Please can anybody give me clues about DELPHI programming language?
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 2:23pm On Mar 27, 2009
adewaleafolabi:

Its been a while since i programmed. I need a program that would accept in images and show them sequentially, changing after a specified period of time or if the user clicks next. The program would record how long each person spent on a picture and the total time spent. Thereafter it passes the output to a text file. Thanks

I dont know DelPhi Programming Sir, you may google it out.
Thanks
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by soolari(m): 4:43pm On Mar 28, 2009
I need 2 no more about vb plz anybdy can hlp me out i gat an assignment on it
Re: Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here by luckyCO(m): 6:27pm On Mar 28, 2009
Please post your questions here I will answer it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Java Programming For Dummies / Nigerian Software Engineer given test to prove he is an engineer at JFK Airport / Facebook Is Suing Me For This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.